(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 40.
#301 9 years ago

I'd love to find a pro! I can't find any within driving distance of St. Louis!

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

I'm very interested in trying to get one of these games... I'm just wondering whether it's worth trying to find an LE, or if a pro is so near to the LE on playability that it's not worth the pain of trying to track down an LE?
What are the playing differences between the pro and the LE?
I love the 3D translite... is that on both the pro and the LE?
Does the ceramic ball play a big role in the LE?
I'd love an LE if I can find one, but there were so few made that I feel it's gonns be a real struggle to find one!
Thanks!

Stick with the pro unless you run into a good deal on an LE. I got lucky on mine.
Yes there are play differences with the LE, but I actually think that's a bad thing even though the LE might be slightly more fun. You can't really compare scores between the two. The ceramic ball is fun, but not the deciding factor. I believe the lenticular translite is LE only.

#303 9 years ago

I'm very interested in trying to get one of these games... I'm just wondering whether it's worth trying to find an LE, or if a pro is so near to the LE on playability that it's not worth the pain of trying to track down an LE?
What are the playing differences between the pro and the LE?
I love the 3D translite... is that on both the pro and the LE?
Does the ceramic ball play a big role in the LE?
I'd love an LE if I can find one, but there were so few made that I feel it's gonns be a real struggle to find one!
Thanks!

We've covered just about everything for you in past posts. I love my LE and just ordered a chrome apron from Hooked. Now if I could just get a deal on a chrome coin door.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

We've covered just about everything for you in past posts. I love my LE and just ordered a chrome apron from Hooked. Now if I could just get a deal on a chrome coin door.

There's gotta be a chrome shop near you. Lots of powder coat places do it and you probably save by using a door you already have. You can probably save even more if you strip it down to bare metal for them. Just give Google a shout.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Now if I could just get a deal on a chrome coin door.

Check with Mike Chesnut. He chromed quite a few pieces for me. Mike does an amazing job.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

We've covered just about everything for you in past posts.

I did start reading all the posts in this thread, and couldn't find a lot on gameplay differences between the two versions... There was a lot about mods, and I read all posts up to about page 5... I have to admit I kind of speed read/fast forwarded the last two pages on the assumption I wasn't going to find anything... Maybe I should read those pages in the hope of finding details of what role the ceramic balls plays in the LE

Quoted from packetpusher:

I believe the lenticular translite is LE only.

This is what attracted me to the game a lot... that 3D translite is superb... are you sure that's only on the LE? If so, is there anyone doing these as upgrades to the pro?

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I owned LE, now own pro:

Major differences:

-navi figures, banshee figure (I've added these myself again on the pro as they are from the mattel toyline)
-ramp protectors
-ramp entry switch (with added banshee noise)
-pod opens and closes
-amp suit feet can walk (move up down with 2 coils) -> i think this is a bad thing as the robot isn't designed for this motion. Actually it caused my robot his leg to break because of this.
-navi ball --> for me it's a bad thing as it has no real meaning in the game and unbalances the (high) scores. It's not fair to get a random double scoring award without doing anything specific. Of course you could put in in the coinbox and replace it with a regular steel ball
-chrome trim, bling
-apron flashers (when navi ball is active)

I see now that I should NOT have FFWD the last two pages

#308 9 years ago

3d translite is on both. le has no playing difference at all, except for the immediate double scoring when the navi ball is launched from the trough

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

3d translite is on both. le has no playing difference at all, except for the immediate double scoring when the navi ball is launched from the trough

Thanks for the clarification... sounds like I'll not bust a gut trying to find the LE then... reading more recent posts (just above where I made my initial query!) it seems that the Navi ball, as some have said, just un-balences the score... so there's no additional modes on the LE? I read somewhere that there were (but can't find where I read this). It's just a case of when the Navi ball comes into play, it has some score doubling potential? No change in strategy when that ball is in play?

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from packetpusher:

There's gotta be a chrome shop near you. Lots of powder coat places do it and you probably save by using a door you already have. You can probably save even more if you strip it down to bare metal for them. Just give Google a shout.

There are chrome shops but (a) they won't do show quality chrome or (b) they will but will charge you "stupid" money and with chroming ya get what ya pay for.

Around my neck of the woods powder shops only do powder and chrome shops only do chrome or some other plating.

#311 9 years ago

Thanks for the clarification... sounds like I'll not bust a gut trying to find the LE then... reading more recent posts (just above where I made my initial query!) it seems that the Navi ball, as some have said, just un-balences the score... so there's no additional modes on the LE? I read somewhere that there were (but can't find where I read this). It's just a case of when the Navi ball comes into play, it has some score doubling potential? No change in strategy when that ball is in play?

Also, did you click on the LE avater on the top of the page? It says the LE playfield also has an extra Hard Coat layer on it and comes with a shaker which I also didn't know. Go read it.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Also, did you click on the LE avater on the top of the page? It says the LE playfield also has an extra Hard Coat layer on it and comes with a shaker which I also didn't know. Go read it.

I now know where I read that the LE has more modes... and reading it again I can see I actually mis-read it, it says the LE has more models!! doh!

Now what I'm all confused about is this statement about the LE:

"New game rules and software is added to operate the new playfield devices and features."

Anyone know exactly what this means??

#313 9 years ago

#314 9 years ago

Im looking for a topper if anybody could send me in the right direction i would appreciate it also throwing up a couple pics would be cool too thank you in advance

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im in ive had my hulk le since new years eve 2013/2014. I want to thank everybody for the tweeks i was having fun playing but when i did all the tweeks !!! I was in awwww I recommend to anybody that has this pin the tweeks are a must completely different game probably one of the most underrated pins in my opinion with that said i will never sell mine

Wrong club.

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Im looking for a topper if anybody could send me in the right direction i would appreciate it also throwing up a couple pics would be cool too thank you in advance

No toppers out there, have to make your own.

#317 9 years ago

The LE bling on Avatar LE is far better than the trim on say Tron LE. I was really surprised how nice the chrome package is on Avatar LE. Hoping to be joining the club very soon.....

#318 9 years ago

The chrome was a big plus for me also, will look even better with a chrome apron. Cool, another potential member. Come on back and tell us when ya get it.

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

just curious if throwing one in there adds any excitement to the game on a pro. At least there would be no unfair advantage from a point scoring perspective like on the LE. Just a thought.

I took my ceramic ball out of my Twilight Zone and put it in my Avatar Pro just to see what it was like. Wasn't anything great at all. Took it right back out. The pin couldn't detect it was in there so all I got was a faster ball and it would not interact with the magnets.
Mike in Kentucky

#320 9 years ago

So does anyone know what the "New game rules and software is added to operate the new playfield devices and features." relating to the LE version means?

Does it just mean the double scoring of the Navi ball, and the associated 'new rules' and software to make that happen, plus the software needed to open and close the pod and animate the amp suit feet, or is there something else that these 'new game rules' means?

Thanks for any input.

#321 9 years ago

So does anyone know what the "New game rules and software is added to operate the new playfield devices and features." relating to the LE version means?
Does it just mean the double scoring of the Navi ball, and the associated 'new rules' and software to make that happen, plus the software needed to open and close the pod and animate the amp suit feet, or is there something else that these 'new game rules' means?
Thanks for any input.

Wish I knew.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I took my ceramic ball out of my Twilight Zone and put it in my Avatar Pro just to see what it was like. Wasn't anything great at all. Took it right back out. The pin couldn't detect it was in there so all I got was a faster ball and it would not interact with the magnets.
Mike in Kentucky

Does that mean that on the LE, when the ceramic ball is in play you actually lose some functionality regarding interaction with magnets, but to counter that get double scoring, or does the LE somehow compensate for the ceramic ball regarding magnet interaction that's not in the code on the pro?

#323 9 years ago

Does that mean that on the LE, when the ceramic ball is in play you actually lose some functionality regarding interaction with magnets, but to counter that get double scoring, or does the LE somehow compensate for the ceramic ball regarding magnet interaction that's not in the code on the pro?

The magnet on Avatar is there to protect the AMP suit from your "attack". With the Navi ball you're "immune to his defenses" so you have an easier time hitting the AMP suit. That's about it. Oh and everything is double scoring when it's in play.

Other than that I think all the other rules are the same. There might be some points for the ramp entry switch during some modes. The main code differences is the animation, sounds and movement in the LE. Rules are the same AFAIK.

#324 9 years ago

That's just added software for the Navi ball.

1 week later
#325 9 years ago

This is what comeS in the Stern spring fix. Figured I would post it in case anyone else needs to know what parts are needed. image.jpgimage.jpg

Can someone please take a detailed picture so I can figure out where there all go now.

#326 9 years ago

I have an Avatar LE. Its a fun game. Im glad to see the praise it is getting here. This game got a bad rap from the way Stern handled the LE sales. People had already ordered or had standard versions and then LES came out. The farther that gets into the rear view the more this game will get appreciated.

#327 9 years ago

Joined the club a week ago.
Sold my Iron Man VE and bought a 185 play HUO mint LE the next day.
I think avatar is head and shoulders above iron man but may be in the minority on pinside with that thinking.

Really loving the game. I put LEDs in it with LED flashers and man does it have a sweet lightshow. Need to get an LEDOCD when they are back in stock. It's a sleeper for sure.

So does that "spring fix kit" apply to the LE? I work for a distributor and would be fairly easy for me to acquire one if it applies to the LE.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

This is what comeS in the Stern spring fix. Figured I would post it in case anyone else needs to know what parts are needed.
Can someone please take a detailed picture so I can figure out where there all go now.

image.jpg 238 KB

The "M" lane divider shown is not part of the kit. That goes on the left side out-lane. Not sure why they gave you an extra one of those.

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

I think Avatar is head and shoulders above Iron Man but may be in the minority on pinside with that thinking.

Yep, you are.

#330 9 years ago

WOW, really glad to see all you new owners and yes dgoett the spring applies to the LE also, no more SDTM drains.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

The "M" lane divider shown is not part of the kit. That goes on the left side out-lane. Not sure why they gave you an extra one of those.

It was determined the ball was jumping in that lane, so they sent us this taller version of the M divider. It is not easy to install with just your fingers. I had to take a small tack hammer and gently tap it into the holes.

#332 9 years ago

I have not had a problem with the left side out lane Really need the spring in though. Does the bounce around the bumper then drains down the middle far too often

#333 9 years ago

I have not had a problem with the left side out lane Really need the spring in though. Does the bounce around the bumper then drains down the middle far too often

Yup, spring is a MUST.

#334 9 years ago

Just installed the rgb speaker lights. Pretty cool looking. 3 more games to go.

IMGA0657.JPGIMGA0657.JPG IMGA0658.JPGIMGA0658.JPG IMGA0659.JPGIMGA0659.JPG IMGA0655.JPGIMGA0655.JPG IMGA0656.JPGIMGA0656.JPG
#335 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Post some pic's PL's

Chrome bling this bad boy pin all the way..

I also think chrome armor would also look cool imop

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinoffski:

Post some pic's PL's
Chrome bling this bad boy pin all the way..
I also think chrome armor would also look cool imop

I'd like to get the chrome lollypop side rails and coin door. The apron will have to do for now (when I get it that is).

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

If I had an Avatar I would buy this topper.

http://tilttopper.m.webs.com/site/mobile#3111

image.jpgimage.jpg

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from blimpey:

If I had an Avatar I would buy this topper.
http://tilttopper.m.webs.com/site/mobile#3111

image.jpg 18 KB

Danny only lives about 25 miles from me so I could save on shipping, they are beautiful but they are pretty spendy.

#339 9 years ago

Got my shooter Rod in from mikeincali and put on image-65.jpgimage-65.jpg Still need a picture of the spring fix if some can take one. Just need to see how it hooks on

#340 9 years ago

Still need a picture of the spring fix if some can take one. Just need to see how it hooks on

The loop part just goes under the plastic post and the spring goes over the post in front of it. Check post 250 page 5.

#341 9 years ago

Had some personal issues come up and need to part with my beautiful avatar if anyone is looking shoot me a pm game is in Atlanta
Huo with shaker mirror blades LEDs
Less then 200 plays

image.jpgimage.jpg image-61.jpgimage-61.jpg
#342 9 years ago
Quoted from tpn2011:

Had some personal issues come up and need to part with my beautiful Avatar if anyone is looking shoot me a pm game is in Atlanta
Huo with shaker mirror blades LEDs
Less then 200 plays

image.jpg 227 KB

image-61.jpg 244 KB

Ah bummer man. Hope it works out for you.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just installed the rgb speaker lights. Pretty cool looking. 3 more games to go.

Need to install some cool acrylic speaker panels into that badboy Paul. We may have to explore having some made.

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Need to install some cool acrylic speaker panels into that badboy Paul. We may have to explore having some made.

You mean speaker cutout acrylics? They are out there but their $20 + shipping. You got a line on someone to make them? Just for you and me.

#346 9 years ago

HOT TIP!! You guys have to get the OCD board for the game. Installed mine in about 15 min and it works PERFECT without any tweaking "but" I have Comet non strobing leds in it and I don't know if they make any difference. The leds fade just perfect and I never knew it before but the top inlanes leds actually sweep from left to right. The light show is REALLY impressive now. It's a MUST BUY.

#347 9 years ago

Pinball News (UK) did a complete review of the Pro machine and made a number of comments to primarily improve the appearance of the game. Apparently, the LE incorporated most of the reviewer's recommendations and based on that info, I purchased an LE NIB from a Canadian dealer. I find it to be a very enjoyable game but some family members prefer my LOTR to my LE.

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from Streetras:

Pinball News (UK) did a complete review of the Pro machine and made a number of comments to primarily improve the appearance of the game. Apparently, the LE incorporated most of the reviewer's recommendations and based on that info, I purchased an LE NIB from a Canadian dealer. I find it to be a very enjoyable game but some family members prefer my LOTR to my LE.

Welcome to the club. I'm with you and my LE isn't going anywhere.

#349 9 years ago

LE.

Wow, best chrome package Stern have ever done. Way better than the 'chrome' on Tron LE.

Photos in a few days as putting a color dmd in and want it turquoise with HD scaling.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

LE.
Wow, best chrome package Stern have ever done. Way better than the 'chrome' on TRON LE.
Photos in a few days as putting a color dmd in and want it turquoise with HD scaling.

Hey that's great, welcome to the club. If you want to chrome it out more Hooked is selling chrome aprons, mine is on order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.