(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 40.
#1751 3 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Hi all, I sold my gorgeous Avatar pro a few months ago and I'm having withdrawal. Anybody in northeast US want to sell me there Avatar LE? Have cash, will travel

amkoepfer has a beautiful one for trade but I'm sure he'd trade cash.its a bit of a drive but cant hurt to see of he'd ship.i really enjoy the game and finally blew it up saturday got a multiball i had never seen(mini wiz mode?) then i had the game shut down and give me another multiball(wizard mode?) really fun game imo.

#1752 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

what's the pop bumper drain mod? anyone have a link to it for sale? or a close up pic of it? thx

Pretty simple- just a tight spring with an end sticking out that slips over a post on the right side of the exit from the pops. It kicks balls slightly left that would have gone sdtm. Used to be able to call stern and get them. Easy to make one as well

#1753 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

what's the pop bumper drain mod? anyone have a link to it for sale? or a close up pic of it? thx

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/35#post-5807578

#1754 3 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Hi all, I sold my gorgeous Avatar pro a few months ago and I'm having withdrawal. Anybody in northeast US want to sell me there Avatar LE? Have cash, will travel

Shame your not on this side of the pond, I have a NIB LE I’ve just pulled out the box to put a new cpu board in it and I’m considering selling it due to covid changing my families plans fairly significantly.

#1755 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Shame your not on this side of the pond, I have a NIB LE I’ve just pulled out the box to put a new cpu board in it and I’m considering selling it due to covid changing my families plans fairly significantly.

Sorry to hear that, you were sooooo happy to get that.

#1756 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Very sorry to hear. Sounds like you've had a rough few years dipping in and out of Pinball. I admire your tenacity to keep coming back, and not by half measures either - judging solely by your games list!

I was tempted to answer your IM-VE request on the UK forum, but just couldn't bring myself to do it - sorry!

Chin-up and keep flipping Sir.

#1757 3 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Very sorry to hear. Sounds like you've had a rough few years dipping in and out of Pinball. I admire your tenacity to keep coming back, and not by half measures either - judging solely by your games list!
I was tempted to answer your IM-VE request on the UK forum, but just couldn't bring myself to do it - sorry!
Chin-up and keep flipping Sir.

Cheers Paul, it’s not too bad this time more of a priorities thing this time round, plan is to build quite a substantial extension to bring the wife’s business into the family home, unfortunately in the process I will loose a little room so 2 pins need to go.

Luckily I think I have an IMVE lined up.

1 month later
#1758 3 years ago

I'm looking to add a Pro to my line up. Anyone near Louisville KY have one they would like to sell? I have seen the ones in the market place, and have talked to the owner of the one in Ohio, a nice guy. Pretty sure thats not the machine for me. I feel he wants to trade more than sell, and the one in Cali would be great but shipping is out of the question for me.

#1759 3 years ago

I'm looking for an le in Pittsburgh area

#1761 3 years ago

This is a great game - can't believe I've been in the hobby for 11 years without realizing it. I wrote this game off a long time ago, but was I wrong.

#1762 3 years ago

Avatar is really a great game. It doesn’t get the respect it should because of the way Stern rolled it out. The LE will continue to climb in value as others see what this game has to offer.

#1763 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Avatar is really a great game. It doesn’t get the respect it should because of the way Stern rolled it out. The LE will continue to climb in value as others see what this game has to offer.

I would have to agree with you, Avatar is a fun but challenging game, I bought my Avatar NIB and have never considered letting it go...I simply enjoy it too much. I hear many people talk about it being such an underrated game yet it sits at #118 in the Pinside top 100...I really don't have much faith in the Top 100...more of a popularity/flavor of the month contest...but there are many other games in that 1 and 118 range that I think Avatar is superior to...same with Munsters. So, go give Avatar a decent rating, perhaps people will notice and its reputation will change.

#1764 3 years ago

It’s a great game and with decent speakers and a shaker it turns into amazing!

#1765 3 years ago

New to the club as of yesterday. HUO one owner. I am in the process of a top side teardown and clean. I updated to the newest code from Stern. One question I have is why wont the machine load Hard installs? It was doing this before the new code also?

#1766 3 years ago

All cleaned and LED up

20210417_154809 (resized).jpg20210417_154809 (resized).jpg
#1767 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have an LE and love it.

#1768 3 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

All cleaned and LED up
[quoted image]

Did you put the OCD board in it? It makes a HUGE difference when you led it.

#1769 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did you put the OCD board in it? It makes a HUGE difference when you led it.

No ocd board yet. It will get one down the road. So far a good cleaning, new balls, dmd glare eliminater, and side blades from Tilt ordered. I'm still trying to figure out why I cant get the Hard installs to take.

#1770 3 years ago

I think this game has my favorite call outs of any other game. Really well done, and the humor level is spot on.

#1771 3 years ago

So i have a few games played, and I really like this machine. The fn outlanes remind me a GB as they are pretty brutal. I have ordered a playfield protector for it. I still can't figure out why I can't load Hard installs. I will rebuild the flippers soon also. They hit like they should but I'm pretty sure they have never been rebuilt since new.

#1772 2 years ago

Can someone take a few pics of the Amp suits left and right side, I'm looking for the proper way the arms and legs should be connected. looking at replacing mine. The one in it has a broke left leg arms are not connected properly. I belive the little plastic things that go under the feet are missing also. V/R

#1773 2 years ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So i have a few games played, and I really like this machine. The fn outlanes remind me a GB as they are pretty brutal. I have ordered a playfield protector for it. I still can't figure out why I can't load Hard installs. I will rebuild the flippers soon also. They hit like they should but I'm pretty sure they have never been rebuilt since new.

Wish I could help with you load problem but I've never done it and wish I could help with the pictures you need but my camera is crap. Hopefully someone will post and help you out. Have fun with the game.

4 weeks later
#1774 2 years ago

LE has left the building, sad day indeed but covid forced my hand for the need of more space and avatar and Tron where unfortunately sacrificed.

Likely pick up a pro someday as I love the game and it’s a the perfect compliment to Ironman.

#1775 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

LE has left the building, sad day indeed but covid forced my hand for the need of more space and avatar and Tron where unfortunately sacrificed.
Likely pick up a pro someday as I love the game and it’s a the perfect compliment to Ironman.

#1776 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I bowed out as well...traded for a BKSOR Premium, which then was traded for a BM66...feel sad about losing it, but loving Batman

5 months later
#1777 2 years ago

Are the Amp suits used on Avatar Pinball the same as the Mattel toy Amp suits?

#1778 2 years ago

This is what I bought when I had dmacy strip the topside of mine and make it pretty again.

If I remember correctly, he said he needed to drill some mounting holes in it.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/880-5118-00

#1779 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

This is what I bought when I had dmacy strip the topside of mine and make it pretty again.

Great, thank you...the one on my LE broke the Left leg...I found a used one on Ebay and hopefully I can cannibalize the part I need from it.

#1780 2 years ago

How about this Avatar on location?

In the shop for a cleaning up and exchange the led bulbs for new ones. Almost zero issues during his lifetime.

Wear playfield is only around the magnet.

So like 50Keur turnover which is almost 60Kusd !!!

579D04D2-F0EB-4B66-8320-882760EB248C (resized).jpeg579D04D2-F0EB-4B66-8320-882760EB248C (resized).jpeg81A55E19-717A-4041-B966-6ADD9E097CAF (resized).jpeg81A55E19-717A-4041-B966-6ADD9E097CAF (resized).jpegA4B571AA-8330-4C65-9A15-CBE22EB6D04F (resized).jpegA4B571AA-8330-4C65-9A15-CBE22EB6D04F (resized).jpeg
#1781 2 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

How about this Avatar on location?
In the shop for a cleaning up and exchange the led bulbs for new ones. Almost zero issues during his lifetime.
Wear playfield is only around the magnet.
So like 50Keur turnover which is almost 60Kusd !!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang that's some serious flipper button wear. When you led it put the OCD board in it's a must have in this game.

1 month later
#1782 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Typical Marco fleecing the pinhead with their sky high prices.

Grab this for 1/3 the price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mattel-James-Cameron-Avatar-Amp-Suit-Collectable-Vehicle-New-Damaged-Box-/284547358668?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

#1784 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a GREAT tip, thanks for posting.

No worries Paul, I still drop in here I miss my LE. There’s a couple on eBay if anyone needs a replacement AMP suit head there before Marco.

#1785 2 years ago

Great price...the leg broke off on the AMP suit on my Avatar LE...I bought a used AMP suit on EBay and it was different color gray plastic...on the machine it is a bluish gray, the toy I got on EBay was more of a stone gray...right now my AMP suit looks a bit like CP3O with a silver leg. If I can find the right color leg I will change it out again...but for now, it works. It seems there is a bit of stress between the leg mounts, it pulls the legs together inward...I think the feet should have been drilled a bit farther apart where they mount to the machine.
A2 (resized).jpgA2 (resized).jpg

#1786 2 years ago

Joined the club for a second time. Picked a LE up.

209AEAF5-AA1B-4EE0-878A-986D6409C8D1 (resized).jpeg209AEAF5-AA1B-4EE0-878A-986D6409C8D1 (resized).jpeg243BE655-12A9-4C47-922D-A7344AFC2785 (resized).jpeg243BE655-12A9-4C47-922D-A7344AFC2785 (resized).jpeg30201E0F-0FD7-4A04-A623-98019E5C0D2D (resized).png30201E0F-0FD7-4A04-A623-98019E5C0D2D (resized).png
#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Welcome back, my LE aint goin nowhere.

#1788 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Awesome addition to an already awesome collection. Now get those incandescents out of it and LED with cool white it’s a game changer in Avatar.

#1789 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome addition to an already awesome collection. Now get those incandescents out of it and LED with cool white it’s a game changer in Avatar.

and an OCD board for the inserts.

1 month later
#1790 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Great price...the leg broke off on the AMP suit on my Avatar LE...I bought a used AMP suit on EBay and it was different color gray plastic...on the machine it is a bluish gray, the toy I got on EBay was more of a stone gray...right now my AMP suit looks a bit like CP3O with a silver leg. If I can find the right color leg I will change it out again...but for now, it works. It seems there is a bit of stress between the leg mounts, it pulls the legs together inward...I think the feet should have been drilled a bit farther apart where they mount to the machine.
[quoted image]

I am curious if anyone else is seeing issues with their AMP suit legs breaking...I thought it was just mine but happened to notice this ad on EBay for an LE where both legs are broken off...ebay.com link: itm I guess this may be an issue for LE owners.

1 month later
#1791 2 years ago

Avatar newbie here and got a question about adding Col. Quaritch action figurine to the AMP Suit on a Pro

How do you get the AMP Suite open and does he need to be fixed in there with some double sided 3M tape or hot glue?

#1792 2 years ago
Quoted from HighTower:

Avatar newbie here and got a question about adding Col. Quaritch action figurine to the AMP Suit on a Pro
How do you get the AMP Suite open and does he need to be fixed in there with some double sided 3M tape or hot glue?

I have an LE so mine came with Quaritch already inside but I needed a new leg so took one off of a spare AMP suit...the canopy simply opens from the front and there is a "well" that the figure sits inside. Hopefully that helps a bit.

20220225_140234 (resized).jpg20220225_140234 (resized).jpg
#1793 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I have an LE so mine came with Quaritch already inside but I needed a new leg so took one off of a spare AMP suit...the canopy simply opens from the front and there is a "well" that the figure sits inside. Unfortunately, due to size, the AMP suit cockpit will always be facing down which accommodates the suit falling forward during AMP suit multi-ball...so, Quaritch will always be facing down as well. Hopefully that helps a bit.
[quoted image]

2 months later
#1794 1 year ago

Picks up an LE and every ball it kicks out thinks it’s the White Ceramic Navi ball. Is there an adjustment or setting? It goes into 2x scoring on every ball and I would like to get it corrected.

Thanks in advance!

#1795 1 year ago
Quoted from MG7322:

Picks up an LE and every ball it kicks out thinks it’s the White Ceramic Navi ball. Is there an adjustment or setting? It goes into 2x scoring on every ball and I would like to get it corrected.
Thanks in advance!

Check the switch in the shooter lane. When a ball is ejected and the switch is triggered, if the two metal plates on either side of the lane are connected by a metal ball the game knows it’s not the Navi ball.

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Check the switch in the shooter lane. When a ball is ejected and the switch is triggered, if the two metal plates on either side of the lane are connected by a metal ball the game knows it’s not the Navi ball.

...and make sure the metal plates are clean, wipe them down. Any oil can keep them from making contact with the ball.

#1797 1 year ago

I’ll check! Thank you

#1798 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

...and make sure the metal plates are clean, wipe them down. Any oil can keep them from making contact with the ball.

That was it! Some rubbing alcohol over those rails and all is good. Didn’t look dirty but It did the trick! Thanks again.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1799 1 year ago
Quoted from MG7322:

That was it! Some rubbing alcohol over those rails and all is good. Didn’t look dirty but It did the trick! Thanks again.
[quoted image]

Glad it worked...happy to help!

#1800 1 year ago

Anyone know why i can't set my pro to hard inbthe settings. It's been this way since I bought it. I have no tech alerts, and the machine plays fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.