New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,733 posts
  • 154 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 47 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 424 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A8F3D231-ACB6-4C4B-B174-9AE78ED5A65E (resized).jpeg
Avatar Leonopteryx1 (resized).jpg
20200820_180310 (resized).jpg
20200813_204834 (resized).jpg
20200813_204840 (resized).jpg
20200813_205414 (resized).jpg
016F6076-A20C-4D22-8B19-67F348E86E2F (resized).jpeg
20200813_071751 (resized).jpg
20200813_071730 (resized).jpg
20200813_071743 (resized).jpg
Av Amp (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
6F2D9332-426F-4776-90E1-3BE8F84361E9 (resized).jpeg
E7015399-649B-4C33-BAF7-0269E15ED0A0 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200607_113911 (resized).jpg

There are 1733 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.
#1701 3 months ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Sorry to say but liked it in the before situation (regarding GI). For example, you miss out on the vivid colors of the leonopteryx

same for me, sorry! Get LED OCD if you don't have one. It'll transform things.

3 weeks later
#1702 3 months ago

Does anyone have a spare orange LED DMD they have after installing a ColorDMD?

Edit: Nevermind, Stern did not use orange LED displays.

#1703 3 months ago

Just got this, much better than I thought it would be. Need to get better speakers and led ocd fitted, don’t think I will bother with the display.
2/3 screen for animations doesn’t seem worth it plus no time to look at it!!!
The strobing effect on this is really nice.

E7015399-649B-4C33-BAF7-0269E15ED0A0 (resized).jpeg
#1704 88 days ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Just got this, much better than I thought it would be. Need to get better speakers and led ocd fitted, don’t think I will bother with the display.
2/3 screen for animations doesn’t seem worth it plus no time to look at it!!!
The strobing effect on this is really nice.[quoted image]

Congrats. Pro?

#1705 88 days ago

Most likely, I believe there are only 2 LEs in the U.K.

#1706 88 days ago

Yeah a pro, 2013 build date, has the LE Amp Suit fitted. It’s like new, needs a few tweaks. It has those clear rubbers and they are just too bouncy, if you launch the ball it can bounce back and down to the right flipper. Fitted an led tube I had as the tube or ballast had a loud buzz, looks better now I think.
Only had one mode left last night to get to final battle. Really enjoying this.

#1707 81 days ago

I'm going to be in the matket for a pro soon. Any suggestions for what to look for on one. Tweeks that should be done, inherent problems? V/R

#1708 81 days ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I'm going to be in the matket for a pro soon. Any suggestions for what to look for on one. Tweeks that should be done, inherent problems? V/R

I am biased, but would hold out for an le over a pro. The pro feels spartan.

#1709 81 days ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

I've been happy with my pro. If leds are installed a LEDOCD board is a great upgrade. Color DMD looks great as well.

#1710 81 days ago

Pro seems good to me and I just picked up a Dialed In CE!

#1711 81 days ago

I like the extras on the LE, but I don't like the LE price tag for those extras. I'm getting close to having PRO money saved, so there's that.

#1712 81 days ago
Quoted from dung:

I am biased, but would hold out for an le over a pro. The pro feels spartan.

As an LE owner I disagree the LE doesn’t really have anything the Pro doesn’t.

Banshee over the ramp, avatar figures over the navi stand ups, Col.Q in the amp suit can all be added.

The amp suit coils on the LE that supposedly stomp the amp suit are barely noticeable and the motorised link is cool but the link bed looks like shit - it’s why I plan on making a movie accurate version at some point.

Navi ball is great fun, although it can make multiplayer frustrating, but with the added calls outs, sounds and lightshow that’s where the LE wins out, but the pro is equally as awesome when it comes to gameplay.

#1713 81 days ago

So the extra decals/decoration for the amp suit - is that something Stern applied to the toy?

I must admit my pro amp suit could use some sprucing up

#1714 81 days ago

Just upgrading the speakers on mine, Monacor sub with sub filter and JBL back box speakers. Hopefully it will sound much better.
Here is my pro as I bought it, someone added extras.

6F2D9332-426F-4776-90E1-3BE8F84361E9 (resized).jpeg
#1715 81 days ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

So the extra decals/decoration for the amp suit - is that something Stern applied to the toy?
I must admit my pro amp suit could use some sprucing up

I’ve got an LE and a friend has a pro and I’ve honestly never noticed any extra decals on my LE, I do plan on giving it a movie accurate paint job though so the decals will likely get taken off in the process.

#1716 80 days ago

I wonder if it's a different version of the same toy?

3 (resized).jpg
#1717 80 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’ve got an LE and a friend has a pro and I’ve honestly never noticed any extra decals on my LE, I do plan on giving it a movie accurate paint job though so the decals will likely get taken off in the process.

Does the Pro Model AMP Suit look like something was cut off on each shoulder? I have a NIB LE and you can clearly see where it was "modified"...Also, I hate the fact the Col. Qaurich is looking down.

Av Amp (resized).jpg
#1718 80 days ago

Anyone in Louisville area wanna sell their Pro? Never hurts to ask.

#1719 80 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

As an LE owner I disagree the LE doesn’t really have anything the Pro doesn’t.
Banshee over the ramp, avatar figures over the navi stand ups, Col.Q in the amp suit can all be added.
The amp suit coils on the LE that supposedly stomp the amp suit are barely noticeable and the motorised link is cool but the link bed looks like shit - it’s why I plan on making a movie accurate version at some point.
Navi ball is great fun, although it can make multiplayer frustrating, but with the added calls outs, sounds and lightshow that’s where the LE wins out, but the pro is equally as awesome when it comes to gameplay.

Then we disagree. I have a mint huo le. A buddy got an huo pro at the same time I got mine. His left and the reason was mine looked fully featured and his looked decontented.

As for the navi ball, I like it. I know some remove it, but there is strategy in it. Both in when to try and bring it out coffin lock or starting a multiball and draining so that it will not come out for the next player.

#1720 80 days ago

I wouldn’t want a ceramic ball in anything but TZ, I have one and that’s enough for me.

2 weeks later
#1721 67 days ago

I currently have my buddie's Avatar at my house due to lack of space at his. In the midst of a BOP playfield swap, cabinet overhaul, etc., I just started a small shop on the Avatar. A HUO machine in awesome condition, but just need to give it a nice clean up. Last night I installed game blades, Flipper Fidelity speakers, and pulled the playfield and started a topside tear down. I will rebuild the flippers in the mix, and have a full set of Titans ready to go. I've already done a full Comet LED kit which made the playfield pop.

20200813_071730 (resized).jpg20200813_071743 (resized).jpg20200813_071751 (resized).jpg
#1722 67 days ago

Recently changed out the speakers in mine and now sounds better than my TWD with flipper fidelity.
JBL’s in the backbox and this in the cab, had to turn the sub down a bit as it was too much. Amazing bass from this.
016F6076-A20C-4D22-8B19-67F348E86E2F (resized).jpeg

#1723 67 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

I currently have my buddie's Avatar at my house due to lack of space at his. In the midst of a BOP playfield swap, cabinet overhaul, etc., I just started a small shop on the Avatar. A HUO machine in awesome condition, but just need to give it a nice clean up. Last night I installed game blades, Flipper Fidelity speakers, and pulled the playfield and started a topside tear down. I will rebuild the flippers in the mix, and have a full set of Titans ready to go. I've already done a full Comet LED kit which made the playfield pop.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice!, are you going to install a LED OCD board for the LED upgrade?

#1724 67 days ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

Nice!, are you going to install a LED OCD board for the LED upgrade?

Possibly, but currently. The inserts are all non-ghosting so no issues with that.

#1725 66 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

Possibly, but currently. The inserts are all non-ghosting so no issues with that.

You will need to change out all the non ghosting bulbs once you get the LCD OCD. I had non ghosting in mine when I installed it, and didn't notice a bit of difference. Once I put in regular bulbs, though....a world of difference. The light show on this machine is amazing.

#1726 66 days ago

Stripped all plastics, the amp suit, ramp, and giving a thorough cleaning, and 1000 Grand wax. This should be gorgeous when it's all said and done with fresh Titans.

20200813_204834 (resized).jpg20200813_204840 (resized).jpg20200813_205414 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1727 59 days ago

All cleaned up and playing great. Waxed and fast. Flipper Fidelity speaker package, full Comet LED kit with flashers, new Titans, lighted flipper buttons, game blades, rebuilt flippers, and new balls.

20200820_180310 (resized).jpg
#1728 59 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

All cleaned up and playing great. Waxed and fast. Flipper Fidelity speaker package, full Comet LED kit with flashers, new Titans, lighted flipper buttons, game blades, rebuilt flippers, and new balls.
[quoted image]

Great job

#1729 59 days ago

Awesome work!

#1730 59 days ago

Avatar can drain the ball out of the pop bumpers strait down the middle of the playfield
I have moved the mod to the lower post and i have near to none drains straight down the middle

#1731 59 days ago

Changed out the original banshee to Leonopteryx
not set in place fully atm
will basically be in this position

Avatar Leonopteryx1 (resized).jpg
#1732 53 days ago

Anyone know where I can pick up the plastic piece below the AMP suit? It’s behind the drop down 3 target bank. Over the main AMP suit target. In the US.

A8F3D231-ACB6-4C4B-B174-9AE78ED5A65E (resized).jpeg

#1733 51 days ago
Quoted from epeabs:

[quoted image]

A thing of beauty. Well done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 209.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
There are 1733 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 35.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside