(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,973 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Tekman
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191249121 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191332409 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240318_195546597 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_223015108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240321-212313 (resized).png
There are 1,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 40.
#1601 4 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Joined the club thanks to zfromearth Loving this amazing game[quoted image]

Welcome to the club.

#1602 4 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Joined the club thanks to zfromearth Loving this amazing game[quoted image]

Welcome

2 weeks later
#1603 4 years ago

I just installed the led ocd board in my LE. What a big difference! To those that the led board did you change the default settings?

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I just installed the led ocd board in my LE. What a big difference! To those that the led board did you change the default settings?

I just left mine on stock setting, I think it's perfect. Every Avatar NEEDS this board with leds. Congrats.

#1605 4 years ago

My Avatar LE did really well at the 2019 "Pincinnati" show this weekend...nearly 500 plays and not a single issue.

20191126_090316 (resized).jpg20191126_090316 (resized).jpg
#1606 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

My Avatar LE did really well at the 2019 "Pincinnati" show this weekend...nearly 500 plays and not a single issue.[quoted image]

Back when Stern’s where built like tanks!

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

My Avatar LE did really well at the 2019 "Pincinnati" show this weekend...nearly 500 plays and not a single issue.[quoted image]

Most excellent.

#1608 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe that's why the quit building them that way. LOL

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

...and for some reason, there is hardly any playfield dimpling...nearly 1400 plays. I have to wonder what was changed in the playfield production process...it is the same with my Tron LE...my Star Trek LE however, looks like the surface of the moon...but there are those out here on Pinside who insist this is "normal".

#1610 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

...and for some reason, there is hardly any playfield dimpling...nearly 1400 plays. I have to wonder what was changed in the playfield production process...it is the same with my Tron LE...my Star Trek LE however, looks like the surface of the moon...but there are those out here on Pinside who insist this is "normal".

Cheaper materials and cheaper processes are the likely cause of shitty playfields these days. Plus those new environment clearcoats and paints haven’t helped matters.

My original Avatar LE had 5000 plays on it, the playfield was flawless, had a few dimples here and there but you had to look for them, my second (current) Avatar is hard as steel found it NIB a few years ago and only just got it setup recently but you can just see how hard and solid the clear is compared to newer games where you can almost feel the wood grain and inserts through the clear.

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cheaper materials and cheaper processes are the likely cause of shitty playfields these days. Plus those new environment clearcoats and paints haven’t helped matters.
My original Avatar LE had 5000 plays on it, the playfield was flawless, had a few dimples here and there but you had to look for them, my second (current) Avatar is hard as steel found it NIB a few years ago and only just got it setup recently but you can just see how hard and solid the clear is compared to newer games where you can almost feel the wood grain and inserts through the clear.

BUT....are you sure the clear is harder then new games? Maybe it's hard because it had years to harden. New games only have about a month to harden before we play the shit out of them so that might be part of the problem. Just a thought though.

3 weeks later
#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Got a deal made for this huo pro that I helped to unbox 8 years ago. And yes those are the original number of plays on it. Future mods will include color dmd, leds. First purchase will be metal leg protectors.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Juke!
Love the 70's

I Juke and Pin as well

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

and with my mod it looks even better.
[quoted image]

Really like the purple light leg Protection.
Anyone know where I can get the same set?

#1614 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

They are made by MustangPaul drop him a pm, I’m sure he will get back to you ASAP he’s a great guy here on pinside and the product is first class.

#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Yes I make them. here is purple and blue. PM me if interested.

Back to the Future (resized).jpgBack to the Future (resized).jpgpurple (resized).jpgpurple (resized).jpg
#1616 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They are made by mustangpaul drop him a pm, I’m sure he will get back to you ASAP he’s a great guy here on pinside and the product is first class.

Thanks for the kind words.

#1617 4 years ago

Where can I get actual size instruction cards to print out? I've gone way to long without them.

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes I make them. here is purple and blue. PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

Can't figure how to PM you.
Lol just one of those days.
Can you PM me?

Thank you

#1619 4 years ago

Bought FF speaker upgrade kit hope the 10" woofer is not going to be a problem?

Also hooking up Subwoofer but am wondering if this is an over kill?

An opinions

#1620 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Can't figure how to PM you.
Lol just one of those days.
Can you PM me?
Thank you

PM sent.

#1621 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Bought FF speaker upgrade kit hope the 10" woofer is not going to be a problem?
Also hooking up Subwoofer but am wondering if this is an over kill?
An opinions

Internal sub is always a nice touch. I’ve got an external sub on my Avatar, and it sounds just as good/loud as compared to the games with both an internal/external sub. Either way works

1 week later
#1622 4 years ago

Is it possible to modify an avatar pro to have it support the na'vi ball and the double scoring that goes along with it?

#1623 4 years ago

I wouldn't do that... I disabled this feature on my LE because it doesn't make sense...

A random determined position of the naviball in the trough gives you a benefit of double scoring... what were they thinking...

In multiplayer games this is rather disturbing.

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I wouldn't do that... I disabled this feature on my LE because it doesn't make sense...
A random determined position of the naviball in the trough gives you a benefit of double scoring... what were they thinking...
In multiplayer games this is rather disturbing.

Disagree, there is an element of strategy to it. I enjoy locking in coffin when it comes out and I am playing against others. I will drain balls with ball save on to change what order it comes out in.

#1625 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Disagree, there is an element of strategy to it. I enjoy locking in coffin when it comes out and I am playing against others. I will drain balls with ball save on to change what order it comes out in.

Agreed, but I honestly think they are few players that will realize this how to do this in a competition... so I leave it out..
Because player 1 may know it, player 2 & player 3 & player 4 don't... maybe player 1 will win, but second place most probably goes to the player that get's the navi ball.

#1626 4 years ago

Is there a way to get plastics for this game?
I’m thinking about selling mine and one or two of the plastics are shattered were they screw on to the post especially the plastic in front of the ampsuit.
Also, some of the red arrow inserts have som ghosting in them. All in the lower left corner. How much should I lower the price if any?
184F1023-D288-40F8-9B93-352C45023B24 (resized).jpeg184F1023-D288-40F8-9B93-352C45023B24 (resized).jpeg

#1627 4 years ago

Marco sells them, but I don’t know if they ship internationally.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/803-5000-B1

#1628 4 years ago

Oh. There it is
To bad it’s the whole kit. The pricetag when it gets here gets doubled...
Oh well. I’ll sell it as it stands with the knowledge that there is plastics if you want them.
Thanks.

#1629 4 years ago

Here's a short video (less than 5 min) I just posted on led'ing my Avatar and putting in the LEDOCD board.

#1630 4 years ago

@Cad-kid: now up to change your GI , i used Stern stock leds.
Here's mine from a while back, did a little tuning on the ocd.

#1631 4 years ago

Looks good

#1632 4 years ago

Miles better.

BIG advocate of the LED OCD boards.

#1633 4 years ago

Probably a long shot - but does anyone have a full spare ball capture mech they’d sell?

3 weeks later
#1634 4 years ago

Just listed an Avatar LE for sale in NC. I'd love to show it to you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91691

#1635 4 years ago

And looks like I just sold it. Sale pending.

Thanks for all the memories of Pandora

#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Congrats on a quick sale

#1637 4 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

WOW that was quick. Congrats.

#1638 4 years ago

Wowzers, quick indeed.

#1639 4 years ago

I just now picked up this beauty: Avatar LE

Thank you bonanza !
20200216_101045 (resized).jpg20200216_101045 (resized).jpg

20200216_111828 (resized).jpg20200216_111828 (resized).jpg
#1640 4 years ago

Hi

Somebody know the type of the missing screw?

Thanks.

20200217_221434 (resized).jpg20200217_221434 (resized).jpg
#1641 4 years ago

I’d just take another out and match it at Local ace hardware ..

#1642 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Hi
Thanks.[quoted image]

I’d be checking the bottom of the cab a few times. They can hide really well down there.
I know I’ve lost a screw or two in a cab before.

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

I just now picked up this beauty: Avatar LE
Thank you bonanza !
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, Welcome to the club. An LED OCD should be your FIRST mod then led it......but make sure all your inserts are clean on the underside.

#1644 4 years ago

Welcome to the club ZfromEarth beautiful LE, I sold my first and regretted it big time so did a 27 drive across Europe to get another which will never leave!

By the way guys seeing ZfromEarth LE with that stunning chrome coin door to match got me thinking, should I chrome my coin door on my LE or powder coat all the armour..? What powder coat jobs have you all done on your Avatars?

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Hi
Thanks.[quoted image]

I think this is it: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01003-08

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Welcome to the club zfromearth beautiful LE, I sold my first and regretted it big time so did a 27 drive across Europe to get another which will never leave!
By the way guys seeing zfromearth LE with that stunning chrome coin door to match got me thinking, should I chrome my coin door on my LE or powder coat all the armour..? What powder coat jobs have you all done on your Avatars?

Thank you. The chrome coindoor is amazing nice.
I don't know how I can keep clean the chrome parts.

#1647 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Welcome to the club zfromearth beautiful LE, I sold my first and regretted it big time so did a 27 drive across Europe to get another which will never leave!
By the way guys seeing zfromearth LE with that stunning chrome coin door to match got me thinking, should I chrome my coin door on my LE or powder coat all the armour..? What powder coat jobs have you all done on your Avatars?

CHROME!!! No way powdercoat!!!

#1648 4 years ago

Ready to install...

20200221_171902 (resized).jpg20200221_171902 (resized).jpg
#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Ready to install...

Z, you have to promise to sell me your LE when you're done with it. I'm still very much enjoying your old pro, but it needs a 2X Na'vi ball!

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

Z, you have to promise to sell me your LE when you're done with it. I'm still very much enjoying your old pro, but it needs a 2X Na'vi ball!

Hi,
Im glad you like it my old Avatar machine
I didnt finish it the my new LE's upgrade.
I will upload when Im done.

20200223_151624 (resized).jpg20200223_151624 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/33?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.