(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 40.
#1501 4 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Got a deal made for this huo pro that I helped to unbox 8 years ago. And yes those are the original number of plays on it. Future mods will include color dmd, leds. First purchase will be metal leg protectors.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club. Give my 2 mods a thought when modding.

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I joined the club last week! I've been wanting to try an Avatar in my collection for a long time and it's hard to believe I finally have one. Over the years I've had a few get away from me, always for one reason or another... some were priced way over market, some I didn't see until it was too late, some were when I didn't have room, or I passed on a few Avatars because they were heavily routed. Seemed like I'd never get one.
So this beauty came along, 960 original HUO plays on it and still with original code. Couldn't pull the trigger fast enough but I had to pay a little more than I though I ever would for a Pro. I figured another super low plays one like this was improbable.
First thing I did was update code (it was running 1.06), shop the machine, and add LED's. It looks and plays like new now.
The only issue I have is when I launch the ball, the ball deflects off the gate in the upper left on top of the lanes and the ball goes airborne... has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I fix it? I've never had this happen before and the gate just appears to be another normal gate (no idea why this one is launching the ball in the air).
I also want to add a mylar to the magnet, is the standard magnet mylar from pinball life acceptable or what did you guys use?
Also planning on adding the banshee toy and a figure to the Amp suit if I can find the right ones on ebay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You and cad-kid should get the OCD board for your games, makes a HUGE difference.

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club. Give my 2 mods a thought when modding.

Thank you, will do.

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You and cad-kid should get the OCD board for your games, makes a HUGE difference.

That's on the list for sure. It took me quite awhile to go through all 31 pages of this thread but that was one of the takeaways from that research

#1505 4 years ago

Picked up Avatar LE #192 about nine months ago at first we did not know if it would be a keeper in our collection but over time we realized we really enjoyed playing it. We have had many Sterns in our collection and Avatar is very fun and probably the best shooting of the lot very underrated in my opinion. The LE is also a good value on this pin as it included many extras not on the Pro We are very happy to be in the club and think Avatar will be in our collection for quite some time.

avatar le 010 (resized).JPGavatar le 010 (resized).JPGavatar le 009 (resized).JPGavatar le 009 (resized).JPG
#1506 4 years ago

The neighbourhood kids visited yesterday and funny when they shoot the link pod (LE so it moves) they call it the treasure chest...

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from klinde1:

Picked up Avatar LE #192 about nine months ago at first we did not know if it would be a keeper in our collection but over time we realized we really enjoyed playing it. We have had many Sterns in our collection and Avatar is very fun and probably the best shooting of the lot very underrated in my opinion. The LE is also a good value on this pin as it included many extras not on the Pro We are very happy to be in the club and think Avatar will be in our collection for quite some time.[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice to see you here (finally) The LE is such a beautiful game, I even put a chrome apron on mine.

#1508 4 years ago

Picture of my 2 year old granddaughter playing my Avatar LE. It's her go to game when she visits. At first it was just flipper frenzy but now she tracks the ball and times the flippers to launch the ball back up into the playfield. When the machine says, "Navi ball", she repeats the phrase every time.

I just love watching her play!

20190613_202947 (resized).jpg20190613_202947 (resized).jpg
#1509 4 years ago

Great picture. Get another one juust like that at 3, 4, 5 etc.

1 week later
#1510 4 years ago

My original plastic is broken. Got a replacement as you can see... I can get a plastic kit from Marco and get it home for, say around 350 dollars or so. Is there any other way? Anyone?

DEA3159B-0AC2-4274-9D2C-C14DCC8D6CE2 (resized).jpegDEA3159B-0AC2-4274-9D2C-C14DCC8D6CE2 (resized).jpeg22A89C25-EF59-4094-8BD9-15AC22A921BB (resized).jpeg22A89C25-EF59-4094-8BD9-15AC22A921BB (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1511 4 years ago

Joined the club today. I think this game is absolutely gorgeous. The family loves it too.

0F0DB0A7-0482-44D5-A793-4FC1163F9DE1 (resized).jpeg0F0DB0A7-0482-44D5-A793-4FC1163F9DE1 (resized).jpeg
#1512 4 years ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Joined the club today. I think this game is absolutely gorgeous. The family loves it too.[quoted image]

Oh an LE too. Congrats.

#1513 4 years ago

I joined the Avatar and pinball club this past weekend! I purchased an Avatar as my first pin. We have been playing it non-stop. A friend of mine pointed me to this forum and helped me find a machine that would work for my entire family. It's a really good machine for a family with vastly different skill levels.

We still haven't seen the extra ball. I've read numerous posts on how to obtain it, no luck. It may not be functioning. I switched the special to be an extra ball so we had a way to get one.

Great first game!

#1514 4 years ago

Extra balls don’t come up much, I’ve had my Avatar for a couple of years an seriously have only seen extra ball light 3 times if that, at couldn’t hit the shot due to me freaking out because I finally saw the extra ball light up, I used to play this game a fair bit on location before I bought one, an remember only seeing it light up once that whole time... a very rare unicorn some might say!!!!

#1515 4 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Extra balls don’t come up much, I’ve had my Avatar for a couple of years an seriously have only seen extra ball light 3 times if that, at couldn’t hit the shot due to me freaking out because I finally saw the extra ball light up, I used to play this game a fair bit on location before I bought one, an remember only seeing it light up once that whole time... a very rare unicorn some might say!!!!

That's interesting! We've had 200 plays and we haven't seen it one time. Maybe I'll tell my kids the first person to see it gets $20!

#1516 4 years ago

From memory the extra ball lights more on the LE code than the Pro, although I could be wrong as Ironman and TRON has the same issues at some point.

Either way Avatar is still one of my favourite games and my LE will genuinely never leave, sold my first one and regretted it almost immediately!

#1517 4 years ago

The extra ball is a random award from the EYWA captive ball. I reset my machine to factory default. I see an extra ball about 1 in 40 games on average.

I'm not sure if the extra ball percentage in the settings will have an effect (although it should).

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

The extra ball is a random award from the EYWA captive ball. I reset my machine to factory default. I see an extra ball about 1 in 40 games on average.
I'm not sure if the extra ball percentage in the settings will have an effect (although it should).

I set the percentage to 50% last evening and it didn't seem to make a difference.

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

I had to laugh as my son got the extra ball today... LOL. First time!

#1520 4 years ago

Ha, ha that’s classic!!!! He found the pot of gold at the end of rainbow, it does exist, there’s hope for me yet!!! Well done , that’s awesome!!!!!

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

We still haven't seen the extra ball. I've read numerous posts on how to obtain it, no luck. It may not be functioning. I switched the special to be an extra ball so we had a way to get one.

Not sure I have seen one at all. Might just be the way Eywa works, I don’t end up hitting that a ton, and when I do I’m generally hoping for an add a ball or extended timer in a mode, which I think the code prioritizes anyway.

I like your idea of changing the special reward to extra ball. Seems like a solid option in a home environment (and with such a difficult game).

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I like your idea of changing the special reward to extra ball. Seems like a solid option in a home environment (and with such a difficult game).

It has worked well for the home environment!

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Ha, ha that’s classic!!!! He found the pot of gold at the end of rainbow, it does exist, there’s hope for me yet!!! Well done , that’s awesome!!!!!

He did....and he previously read this post and immediately asked for $20!

3 weeks later
#1524 4 years ago

So I've been having a problem with a ball locking at the Link Gates and then the games holds the ball and eventually ends the ball I'm on and starts the next ball (or game over). So if I lock a ball on the 2nd ball, it ends and goes to the 3rd ball.

It doesn't do this all the time either.

Any ideas? I glanced through this thread and didn't see anything, so forgive me if I missed it here in the 1K posts..

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

So I've been having a problem with a ball locking at the Link Gates and then the games holds the ball and eventually ends the ball I'm on and starts the next ball (or game over). So if I lock a ball on the 2nd ball, it ends and goes to the 3rd ball.
It doesn't do this all the time either.
Any ideas? I glanced through this thread and didn't see anything, so forgive me if I missed it here in the 1K posts..

Is the switch inside all good on switch test?

#1526 4 years ago

Hi Guys. Im will be a new owner ( this saturday ). The machine is Pro version. Good condition but there is no Mods, and the lights original. I would like to change the lights to LED same like the pictures. Do you have a list where can I buy the lights and exactly ( numbers, type etc...)
Thanks

14c2dcb4362fbef9dbf92b901dec4d56bbd318c2 (resized).jpg14c2dcb4362fbef9dbf92b901dec4d56bbd318c2 (resized).jpg
#1527 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Hi Guys. Im will be a new owner ( this saturday ). The machine is Pro version. Good condition but there is no Mods, and the lights original. I would like to change the lights to LED same like the pictures. Do you have a list where can I buy the lights and exactly ( numbers, type etc...)
Thanks[quoted image]

and where can I buy these mods in usa? Im found only european site ( pinball.center )
Thanks

image_48023_1_600x600@2x (resized).jpgimage_48023_1_600x600@2x (resized).jpgimage_62918_2_600x600@2x (resized).jpgimage_62918_2_600x600@2x (resized).jpgimage_65067_1_600x600@2x (resized).jpgimage_65067_1_600x600@2x (resized).jpg
#1528 4 years ago

Had to let my Avatar go, but it will have a long life at the REPLAY MUSEUM in Tarpon Springs Florida!
I'd gathered over $700 of parts during the past year, and they're going to install everything and shop it out.
It's less than an hour North of Tampa and is a great place to spend a day, with plenty of food and bar options nearby.
They've actually got my old Hercules pin there as well.
MM

https://www.replaymuseum.org/

#1529 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Thanks[quoted image]

Honestly try cool whites with a hint of blue, purple and green don’t colour bomb it like in that photo, Avatar looks stunning with cool white dominating the lighting with hints of the blue, green and purple if you must go with colour. My LE is all cool white and looks amazing imo.

#1530 4 years ago

Agreed, white is best!

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Honestly try cool whites with a hint of blue, purple and green don’t colour bomb it like in that photo, Avatar looks stunning with cool white dominating the lighting with hints of the blue, green and purple if you must go with colour. My LE is all cool white and looks amazing imo.

Hi,
Ok thanks the info. I watched this LED pack: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1024-pinballbulbs/00519-avatar-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit-green-gi what do you think? Is this will be good?
Thanks.

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Hi,
Ok thanks the info. I watched this LED pack: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1024-pinballbulbs/00519-avatar-pinball-ultimate-led-lighting-kit-green-gi what do you think? Is this will be good?
Thanks.

I wouldn’t even waste my time on these “coloured” led kits, cointaker used to be the worst offender for colour bombing games with their led kits.

For avatar I would recommend LED OCD so you don’t loose any of the great lighting effects in Avatar and go all cool white that will massively improve the look of Avatar and then drop a couple of colours here and there if you still feel the need.

#1533 4 years ago

The fluorescent green plastic protectors are a fantastic edition to Avatar, highly recommend, really makes the game pop.

#1534 4 years ago

Finally made it to the Final Battle last night! Unfortunately, I didn't do my research and had no clue what to do when I got there. LOL.

#1535 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Hi,
Thanks.

I’ve traditionally done my games with cool white bulbs, but I did put that exact pinballbulbs kit in my Avatar and it looks badass. For reference, I have it next to a HUO Ripley’s with just cool white bulbs, and it makes the Ripley’s look bland now All personal preference of course, but I’ve put kits from pinballbulbs in both Avatar and Tron and have been satisfied with everything but the price of the kit hahaha

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Finally made it to the Final Battle last night! Unfortunately, I didn't do my research and had no clue what to do when I got there. LOL.

Congratulations! That's not an easy task to complete.

I've done it once and am close to getting it a second time. If a high score is your objective, I've read avoid the center unobtainium target as side drains are more lucrative.

#1537 4 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Congratulations! That's not an easy task to complete.
I've done it once and am close to getting it a second time. If a high score is your objective, I've read avoid the center unobtainium target as side drains are more lucrative.

They seem to be. However; when I said drain I get annoyed and sometimes miss it.

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

I’ve traditionally done my games with cool white bulbs, but I did put that exact pinballbulbs kit in my Avatar and it looks badass. For reference, I have it next to a HUO Ripley’s with just cool white bulbs, and it makes the Ripley’s look bland now All personal preference of course, but I’ve put kits from pinballbulbs in both Avatar and Tron and have been satisfied with everything but the price of the kit hahaha

How much is the kit? Where can I buy?

#1539 4 years ago

I would like buy I a Banshee dragon for the Pro table. Is this will be fitting? ( 12 x 2.2 x 8.5 inches ) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002LE8KSC/
How big is the original LE Banshee dragon?

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I wouldn’t even waste my time on these “coloured” led kits, cointaker used to be the worst offender for colour bombing games with their led kits.
For avatar I would recommend LED OCD so you don’t loose any of the great lighting effects in Avatar and go all cool white that will massively improve the look of Avatar and then drop a couple of colours here and there if you still feel the need.

Can you upload pictures about your machine? I am curious your lights.
and where bought?

#1541 4 years ago

Go with Comet 2 SMD frosted for everything including GI. Cool whites mainly with some ice blues, purples, and maybe one or two green ones near the amp suite. I went for the Pandora look and effect and I really like it. It’s the ONLY game I put some color in the GI.

#1542 4 years ago

Can I read or download the Original manual somewhere ?
Thanks.

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Go with Comet 2 SMD frosted for everything including GI. Cool whites with some ice blues, purples, and maybe one or two green ones near the amp suite. I went for the Pandora look and effect and I really like it. It’s the ONLY game I put some color in the GI.

Ok thanks. This is my plan too
Can you upload pictures about your machine?

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Go with Comet 2 SMD frosted for everything including GI. Cool whites with some ice blues, purples, and maybe one or two green ones near the amp suite. I went for the Pandora look and effect and I really like it. It’s the ONLY game I put some color in the GI.

Like this? https://www.cometpinball.com/products/2smd-bulbs?variant=29411784654950

#1545 4 years ago

Yes sir. I really like the ice blues as well. Here’s a few pictures of mine I took a whole ago, I’ll try and take a few more and post later.

5C98E379-7EB8-4512-AFAA-BFEB710025BD (resized).jpeg5C98E379-7EB8-4512-AFAA-BFEB710025BD (resized).jpegAAC1B046-0D0A-4608-BFA7-1F518A93A1A5 (resized).jpegAAC1B046-0D0A-4608-BFA7-1F518A93A1A5 (resized).jpeg
#1546 4 years ago

Be careful on the lamp type tho. A lot of the GI lamps are 44 bayonet type and most of the inserts are 555 wedge.

#1547 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

and where can I buy these mods in usa? Im found only european site ( pinball.center )
Thanks[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Clean the underside of all the inserts then install Comet 2 smd clear dome leds in them, the facets will sparkle. Do what you want on the top side but when switching to leds get the LED OCD mod for it, it makes a world of difference. Have fun. My Leg Lights are a nice mod too.

#1548 4 years ago

Hi,

I bought the Avatar pinball machine on saturday
I need to change some things (bulbs, rubbers etc ...) if i'm done i will upload the pictures.
I will be some questions in the future here

- I ordered a LED Tube in the Backbox. Is there a video or something how can I remove the ballast? (the starter was easy ( My Original Manual is on the way )

Thanks

20190826_125026 (resized).jpg20190826_125026 (resized).jpg20190826_125031 (resized).jpg20190826_125031 (resized).jpg
#1549 4 years ago

Hi,

My Game Code is v1.05. How Can I update to v.1.10 ( or 1.20 ) I need change the rom or I can use the USB?

Thanks

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from ZfromEarth:

Hi,
My Game Code is v1.05. How Can I update to v.1.10 ( or 1.20 ) I need change the rom or I can use the USB?
Thanks

You can do it via USB.

https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=avatar

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sharonville, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/31?hl=looprunner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.