(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,491 posts
  • 135 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MustangPaul
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181001_203911 (resized).jpg
8E8B6577-C59C-468A-BE81-83D2468E73B6 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.50.43 PM (resized).png
F5A7C338-65C8-4862-BD21-26E33C3CE3D5 (resized).jpeg
mounted FF speaker (resized).jpg
20190121_105720 (resized).jpg
A27BD655-24D3-49C8-AACA-FC7575087936 (resized).jpeg
d3e96db876d36549efe64c39496ace83aba3ee5d (resized).jpg
47131757_208330046736762_6077577202868682752_n (resized).jpg
45846547_2219251724993806_3554265834656366592_n (resized).jpg
Avatar Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPG
Avatar Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPG
Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg
Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpg

There are 1491 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
#1451 3 months ago

Has anyone put a fuse on their magnet, like people do for Addams? My magnet is unhooked because it locked on and I suspect blew the transistor. I don't want to replace the transistor if there is something else wrong and blow it again.

#1452 3 months ago

So, I am officially back in this club. I purchased a very unique Avatar, a new in box LE, that has some damage. It was a unique find and game that needs full teardown and disassembly before I can even put a ball on it. I have some videos and I am documenting the journey.. I'll share soon.

I missed my Avatar pro so much, hopefully this will payoff.. here is a taste of what I'm dealing with..more to come Avatar fans.. if there is a mech or teardown you need help with, I have done it..

20190121_105720 (resized).jpg
#1453 3 months ago
Quoted from ZEN:

So, I am officially back in this club. I purchased a very unique Avatar, a new in box LE, that has some damage. It was a unique find and game that needs full teardown and disassembly before I can even put a ball on it. I have some videos and I am documenting the journey.. I'll share soon.
I missed my Avatar pro so much, hopefully this will payoff.. here is a taste of what I'm dealing with..more to come Avatar fans.. if there is a mech or teardown you need help with, I have done it..[quoted image]

Wow, cool project. Where was it stored ? How does the chrome look?

#1454 3 months ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I missed my Avatar pro so much, hopefully this will payoff.. here is a taste of what I'm dealing with..more to come Avatar fans.. if there is a mech or teardown you need help with, I have done it..[quoted image]

Welcome to the club. That picture is of a NIB game.

2 weeks later
#1455 86 days ago

Can anyone confirm the default outlane post settings for this game? Just picked one up and they're all the way on the most closed position, but it seems like someone may have moved them

#1456 86 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Can anyone confirm the default outlane post settings for this game? Just picked one up and they're all the way on the most closed position, but it seems like someone may have moved them

Default is wide open I believe. Welcome to the club.

#1457 86 days ago

I just added a color DMD to this game. A always, this mod makes a nice difference as you can see significantly more detail on the DMD versus the standard DMD.
I have added FF speakers to the back box, a powered sub,LED's in the flashers. I have to swap out the back box speakers with the type more compatible with speaker lights (No spacers on the speakers) and get a shaker. This game, like Ripley's, I like better with incandescents in the GI's/inserts.
This game gets a lot of play in my collection. I always seem to hear different call outs from the movie. The back box speakers make a big difference in being able to hear the callouts. Spending more time understanding the rules. The light/sound show on Link multi ball is real good. I have not been able to stack all three multi balls, yet, but working on it.

Definitely, on of Stern's most under rated DMD games.

"You have no balls Sully"

#1458 86 days ago

You can't stack 3 multiballs

I love these:
"your fault... yoooour fault...."
"You're like a baby...making noise don't know what to do"

The most various/rarest soundclips are from the link shots after you have played the multiball already.

#1459 86 days ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I have to swap out the back box speakers with the type more compatible with speaker lights (No spacers on the speakers)

Getting the speakers that do not have the spacer rings on the front of them is only needed in SPIKE games. With the SAM games like Avatar the Speaker Light Kits will work just fine with the upgraded speakers with the spacer rings attached. Even the longer hardware needed for this type of install is included. SEE ATTACHMENT

As you can see, the spacer ring sits ON the light frame (not IN the light frame) and mounts just as easily as the speakers without the spacer rings.

If you are planning on getting the Avatar acrylic designs to use with the Speaker Light Kit....I would recommend mounting the acrylic designs in the front, then the light frame and then the speaker grill between the back of the light frame and the front of the speaker's spacer ring. This will make it so the speaker grill is not between the back of the design and the light source....giving the design a cleaner look.

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
mounted FF speaker (resized).jpg

#1460 85 days ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

You can't stack 3 multiballs

Oops you cann’t?? I could have sworn , you could when I had an LE. Guess I will not try so hard to stack all three then!

Quoted from DugFreez:

Getting the speakers that do not have the spacer rings on the front of them is only needed in SPIKE games. With the SAM games like Avatar the Speaker Light Kits will work just fine with the upgraded speakers with the spacer rings attached. Even the longer hardware needed for this type of install is included. SEE ATTACHMENT
As you can see, the spacer ring sits ON the light frame (not IN the light frame) and mounts just as easily as the speakers without the spacer rings.
If you are planning on getting the Avatar acrylic designs to use with the Speaker Light Kit....I would recommend mounting the acrylic designs in the front, then the light frame and then the speaker grill between the back of the light frame and the front of the speaker's spacer ring. This will make it so the speaker grill is not between the back of the design and the light source....giving the design a cleaner look.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)
[quoted image]

Thank you Sir. Lights installed!! I will never buy speaker lights from anyone else then you ever!

I guess I win the dumb post of the day award LOL! Still a great game

F5A7C338-65C8-4862-BD21-26E33C3CE3D5 (resized).jpeg
#1461 84 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Default is wide open I believe. Welcome to the club.

Thanks man! I usually like to set the outlanes to stock, but gotta admit, the game is still very challenging with the outlanes closed. Think I’ll leave them alone for awhile

#1462 83 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Thanks man! I usually like to set the outlanes to stock, but gotta admit, the game is still very challenging with the outlanes closed. Think I’ll leave them alone for awhile

Yeah I have mine closed and it's still a bear. Have fun.

1 week later
#1463 76 days ago

Almost done with the shop job here, and I’m curious about the right orbit on some of your Avatars. My right orbit tends to let the ball hit the right sling when it comes out... Wondering if it’s supposed to do that or if I’ve got an angle off somewhere . Thanks in advance.

#1464 74 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Almost done with the shop job here, and I’m curious about the right orbit on some of your Avatars. My right orbit tends to let the ball hit the right sling when it comes out... Wondering if it’s supposed to do that or if I’ve got an angle off somewhere . Thanks in advance.

Hmmmm never noticed if mine did that.

#1465 73 days ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Mine comes pretty reliably to the right flipper

#1466 73 days ago

Where does one get the appropriate wire to fix the feed out of the pop bumpers? Just picked up a nice, clean Avatar, but it doesn't have the gate installed.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else feel like the game plays fine without the fix?

Quoted from MustangPaul:

You do have the wire fix for that don't you?

#1467 73 days ago

Also, is 1.1 the most recent software for the Pro?
Stern's website shows 1.2, but then the readme refers to 1.1 being the last version (or 2.0 for an alternate boardset.) I thought I'd seen chatter in here indicating 1.1 was the latest, too

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 9.50.43 PM (resized).png
#1468 73 days ago
Quoted from Collin:

Where does one get the appropriate wire to fix the feed out of the pop bumpers? Just picked up a nice, clean Avatar, but it doesn't have the gate installed.
Out of curiosity, does anyone else feel like the game plays fine without the fix?

You would have to call Stern and see if they have one. No one makes it that I know of. Mine has always had it so I wouldn't know.

#1469 73 days ago
Quoted from Collin:

Stern's website shows 1.2, but then the readme refers to 1.1 being the last version (or 2.0 for an alternate boardset.) I thought I'd seen chatter in here indicating 1.1 was the latest, too
[quoted image]

Good question.

#1470 73 days ago
Quoted from Collin:

I don’t think you need it personally. I put some extra rubber rings on the right bottom post exiting the pops and it’s just enough to hit the ball so it doesn’t go SDTM. I need to change the top one so it matches the others but you get the idea. Works probably 90% of the time. 8E8B6577-C59C-468A-BE81-83D2468E73B6 (resized).jpeg

#1471 72 days ago

Cool decal on the 3bank target. I think the SDTM issue also has a lot to do with how level the machine is. The Avatar I played on location had the spring turned backwards so it was doing nothing, yet the machine was leaning to one side so much it didn’t matter . It made every other shot harder, but hey no SDTM haha

#1472 72 days ago
Quoted from Collin:

Mine comes pretty reliably to the right flipper

Thanks for verifying! That’s what I’m seeing on YouTube videos too, but appreciate a second opinion. It looks like the metal guide on my orbit is installed a little weird, like it bends in a bit too much towards the top and then goes back out a bit, causing the ball to miss a good bit of the curve that would get it to the flipper. I am going to have to take the ramp back off and dial that in with some pliers . If I had to guess, Stern installed the ball launch ramp just a tad too far towards the back of the playfield causing that weird curve.

#1473 72 days ago
Quoted from Collin:

Contact Stern, they will send it to you for free.

Also order from Pinball Life the taller M shaped outlane guide Stern used to send out with the spring kit when the game came out...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/previously-unavailable-m-shaped-stern-outlane-guide-now-available#post-4530511

#1474 72 days ago
Quoted from Collin:

[quoted image]

Not sure if it is or not. I tried to down load the LE and the pro software and neither would down load for me. I have never had this problem before.

#1475 72 days ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Contact Stern, they will send it to you for free.
Also order from Pinball Life the taller M shaped outlane guide Stern used to send out with the spring kit when the game came out...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/previously-unavailable-m-shaped-stern-outlane-guide-now-available#post-4530511

Awesome, thank you for the guidance on that!

Quoted from sulli10:

Not sure if it is or not. I tried to down load the LE and the pro software and neither would down load for me. I have never had this problem before.

Iiiinteresting... I may have to ask about that when I reach out about the wire

#1476 71 days ago
Quoted from Collin:

[quoted image]

The Avatar Pro 1.20 text on the website appears to be an error. Checking the changelog inside the file shows it's just 2.00, which was apparently a patch for the LE's that included a different USB chipset.

V2.00 - January 29, 2013
=======================
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-02 need to use V2.00 code.
- Games built with CPU Part #520-5246-00 need to use V1.10 code.
- CPU Part #520-5246-02 is built with an FTDI USB chip
- CPU Part #520-5246-00 is built with an Atmel USB chip
- There are no game rule changes between V1.10 & V2.00

V1.10 - November 10, 2011
=======================

- Modified Tilt to handle game images of larger size.
- Added a flash image verification at power-up when left flipper is held.
- Added a checksum to the end of the image file.
<snip>

1 month later
#1477 36 days ago

I might be joining the club soon (pro model). Question - are there any plastics prone to damage on Avatar?

#1478 36 days ago

The one around the amp suit is known to crack. Pinbits has a plastic protector set. I installed that on mine to be safe.

Quoted from cad-kid:

I might be joining the club soon (pro model). Question - are there any plastics prone to damage on Avatar?

1 week later
#1479 26 days ago
Quoted from cad-kid:

I've had mine since day one of release and do not have any cracked plastics (knock on wood).

#1480 26 days ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I've had mine since day one of release and do not have any cracked plastics (knock on wood).

Excellent, thank you for the good news. I'm still working on the deal for a pro.

2 weeks later
#1481 6 days ago

Well, i used to be in the club. I had the only pinball refinery Avatar Le. It was beautiful ! Sadly, because of some financial needs i had to sell it. One of my wife and I's favorites. Well, a few years later very happy to report that a NIB Avatar LE is on its way ! Scheduled to arrive this thursday. I'm so stoked and very thankful and surprised to have found a NIB LE at a fair price.. (I know unbelievable right). Best thing of all is having a wife that's been so supportive. Cant wait to get it and start installing Mod's. I had the mini DMD installed on my previous game and was disappointed to find out Sparky's not making them anymore. Oh well. Maybe there's someone out there that has one laying around. Anyway, just wanted to share the good news.

#1482 6 days ago
Quoted from trazy11:

Well, i used to be in the club. I had the only pinball refinery Avatar Le. It was beautiful ! Sadly, because of some financial needs i had to sell it. One of my wife and I's favorites. Well, a few years later very happy to report that a NIB Avatar LE is on its way ! Scheduled to arrive this thursday. I'm so stoked and very thankful and surprised to have found a NIB LE at a fair price.. (I know unbelievable right). Best thing of all is having a wife that's been so supportive. Cant wait to get it and start installing Mod's. I had the mini DMD installed on my previous game and was disappointed to find out Sparky's not making them anymore. Oh well. Maybe there's someone out there that has one laying around. Anyway, just wanted to share the good news.

Great to have you back. How in the world did you find a NIB LE? Sounds like a great story.

#1483 5 days ago

Well, I’ve been keeping my out for a little while hoping to find another Le but also open to a pro as well. They pop up less and less. Especially the LE’s. Tried to grab a nice pro locally that popped up on Craigslist but someone beat me to it. After that nothing except a couple of pro’s on EBay that we’re overpriced. Finally decided to check the pinball classifieds. There was one LE NIB listed from back in October of last year. I threw out a Hail Mary and low and behold the guy still had it. He had bought a pro and and le at the same time and said he was happy with the pro and never opened the LE. We were able to work out a deal. Very nice person and a
Pleasure to deal with

#1484 3 days ago

Wow I brought a NIB LE a couple of years go, drove 25hours round trip for it, thought it was the last NIB LE so nice find & welcome back to the club.

#1485 3 days ago
Quoted from trazy11:

Well, I’ve been keeping my out for a little while hoping to find another Le but also open to a pro as well. They pop up less and less. Especially the LE’s. Tried to grab a nice pro locally that popped up on Craigslist but someone beat me to it. After that nothing except a couple of pro’s on EBay that we’re overpriced. Finally decided to check the pinball classifieds. There was one LE NIB listed from back in October of last year. I threw out a Hail Mary and low and behold the guy still had it. He had bought a pro and and le at the same time and said he was happy with the pro and never opened the LE. We were able to work out a deal. Very nice person and a
Pleasure to deal with

Need to see pics of this bad boy . Please Please please

Any problems with the batteries leaking?

#1486 3 days ago
Quoted from trazy11:

Pleasure to deal with

Wow good story. I make my Leg Lights for it if your into modding.

Quoted from J85M:

Wow I brought a NIB LE a couple of years go, drove 25hours round trip for it, thought it was the last NIB LE so nice find &amp; welcome back to the club.

I remember you journey to get it. How are you enjoying it?

#1487 2 days ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I remember you journey to get it. How are you enjoying it?

Still got it Paul and I doubt that will ever change

#1488 2 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

Still got it Paul and I doubt that will ever change

Good for you. Have you modded it any?

#1489 13 hours ago

Not the last nib LE.. I'll share this story of this one in its own thread

20181001_203911 (resized).jpg
#1490 4 hours ago
Quoted from ZEN:

Not the last nib LE.. I'll share this story of this one in its own thread[quoted image]

Looking forward to hearing about it! What is interesting to me is there were supposedly what 250 of these and in a short span there is posts about 3 NIB still available.

#1491 1 hour ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Looking forward to hearing about it! What is interesting to me is there were supposedly what 250 of these and in a short span there is posts about 3 NIB still available.

Makes ya wonder if there are anymore out there doesn't it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1491 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside