(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,959 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Falc0nWing
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240318_195556834 (resized).jpg
IMG_9126 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9125 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9124 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4370 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4367 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4366 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4369 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4368 (resized).jpeg
20231204_211401 (resized).jpg
IMG_9013 (resized).jpeg
A42682D0-25BE-4C58-BD41-99694551F6FF (resized).jpeg
1F6FF4D9-168C-4A2D-99B0-BA3E6BF80F06 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,959 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 40.
#1401 5 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Joining the club today, finally. Can't wait to get it home and set up!
[quoted image]

Congrats.. great game. I finally made it to final battle. awesome.

#1402 5 years ago

Welcome to the club, I hope it's in good shape. Any mods planned?

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Congratulations. I like Avatar that much, I even want to buy the ones that are for sale, when I already own one

I get the same feeling.

#1403 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Welcome to the club, I hope it's in good shape. Any mods planned?

It was at a Boys' Club collecting quarters, so it's in good shape but not perfect. It has a little flipper-button wear that I'll cover with some black protectors. I plan on doing a full LED-kit, and shopping with clear silicon rubber. After that, I'll probably just play the h*ll out of it!

#1404 5 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

It was at a Boys' Club collecting quarters, so it's in good shape but not perfect. It has a little flipper-button wear that I'll cover with some black protectors. I plan on doing a full LED-kit, and shopping with clear silicon rubber. After that, I'll probably just play the h*ll out of it!

When you led it you'll need the LED OCD board otherwise the leds in the inserts are gonna look terrible. It's not cheap but worth every penny.

#1405 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

When you led it you'll need the LED OCD board otherwise the leds in the inserts are gonna look terrible. It's not cheap but worth every penny.

OK great - thanks for the tip! I'm curious about powder-coating the armor in a cool color. Has anyone done this on a pro, and have any suggestions??

#1406 5 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

OK great - thanks for the tip! I'm curious about powder-coating the armor in a cool color. Has anyone done this on a pro, and have any suggestions??

The lolly pop rails from PBL are a nice upgrade and worth the money and you get the flipper button guards as a bonus to boot. I love them because you don't have to drill any extra holes in the curved part in your cabinet to install them.

#1407 5 years ago

led OCD is certainly worth it.. Especially during final battle!

#1408 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

led OCD is certainly worth it.. Especially during final battle!

David are there any graphics/video clips in final battle or is it just placeholder text? I have never made it to Final Battle probably never will.

#1409 5 years ago

No there aren't but the light effects are super.
Nevertheless it is actually a cool mode.
Most say it's a dumb mode cause you can drain your balls and you get auto launch to the popbumpers for the switch hits.

This is true on your first jackpots but on the later ones the ball saver gets shorter and shorter (to virtually none).. So I actually like the mode a lot!

#1410 5 years ago

Had a first today on it... during final battle, my jackpot was lit...:
10M base value on the center target, as it was my second jackpot (I think)
then drained left so added 5M for the left outlane then drained a ball right so 5M added for the right outlane..

Then hit the center target with the 3x shot multiplier on it... boom 60M in one shot

#1411 5 years ago

Not done shopping it yet, but it's starting to look nice. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying this game! It's TOUGH but so enjoyable and every time a game ends I want to start another one!

Avatar2 (resized).jpgAvatar2 (resized).jpg
#1412 5 years ago

I don't get what is so great and special about Avatar. I preordered when they first announced and I still have the game in the lineup....and still play it regularly. It's kind of a basic playfield with an ok theme, single ramp, two flippers, hard to get wizard mode rules, but yet I keep enjoying it. I look back at games I have sold and its odd that Avatar is not one of them (and I have no intention of selling it).

avatar (resized).JPGavatar (resized).JPG
#1413 5 years ago

I finish with my "Free Play Card"! I hope you like!

"Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1414 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I finish with my "Free Play Card"! I hope you like!

Oh I like. Excuse my ignorance, but are these available for purchase or download with a donation similar to other sites?

#1415 5 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Oh I like. Excuse my ignorance, but are these available for purchase or download with a donation similar to other sites?

Hi dmieczko!

Thanks!

Let me print all of them to see results because a order all my custom cards in chrome vinyl and I need to check result before because I do change because this shiny print material sometimes.

Example of chrome vinyl:

a6fc4c335c59d9b1a798ffb4338c84b9fee682ce.jpga6fc4c335c59d9b1a798ffb4338c84b9fee682ce.jpg

Regards

1 week later
#1416 5 years ago

Picked this game up a while ago. Really enjoying it. Is there a mod or anything I can install to stop the frequent SDTM drains when the ball comes out of the pops?

#1417 5 years ago
Quoted from Murphelman:

Picked this game up a while ago. Really enjoying it. Is there a mod or anything I can install to stop the frequent SDTM drains when the ball comes out of the pops?

There is a fix kit Stern provided years ago, not sure if you can still get it but might be worth contacting them.

It was a spring that went on one of the posts on the left hand side of the AMP entrance. A fatter rubber also worked well on those posts also works well.

#1418 5 years ago

I made my own from some wire bent into a coil with a bit the sticks out towards center to block the ball from going stdm. The coil allowed it to flex a bit. Very similar to stern fix, and easy to do if they don’t provide them anymore.

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is a fix kit Stern provided years ago, not sure if you can still get it but might be worth contacting them.
It was a spring that went on one of the posts on the left hand side of the AMP entrance. A fatter rubber also worked well on those posts also works well.

Yup and when you wax your pf make sure you remember it's there. I forgot one time and stabbed my finger real good and bled for a while.

#1420 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup and when you wax your pf make sure you remember it's there. I forgot one time and stabbed my finger real good and bled for a while.

I hope you didn’t bleed on your playfield Paul

#1421 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I hope you didn’t bleed on your playfield Paul

only a drop or two, it came out pretty fast.

#1422 5 years ago

"Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print1,jpg

"Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN) printed in chrome vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20Rules%20print2,jpg
Avatar Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPGAvatar Custom Pinball Card Rules print1.JPGAvatar Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPGAvatar Custom Pinball Card Rules print2.JPG

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

You can see details of my "Avatar Custom Rules Pinball Card" here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/28#post-4513949

Regards

1 month later
#1423 5 years ago

Hello there. I swapped my ACDC Pro for an Avatar a month ago. So happy with this one. Love the gameplay, and already installed the Banshee and three figures like in the LE. Just waiting for my aliexpress LED bulbs now

45846547_2219251724993806_3554265834656366592_n (resized).jpg45846547_2219251724993806_3554265834656366592_n (resized).jpg
#1424 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamiro:

Hello there. I swapped my ACDC Pro for an Avatar a month ago. So happy with this one. Love the gameplay, and already installed the Banshee and three figures like in the LE. Just waiting for my aliexpress LED bulbs now
[quoted image]

Great to have you in the club. I hope you ordered the LED OCD board, it's a must have with this game when adding leds. Did you clean the underside of the inserts? What are aliexpress bulbs?

2 weeks later
#1425 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Great to have you in the club. I hope you ordered the LED OCD board, it's a must have with this game when adding leds. Did you
clean the underside of the inserts? What are aliexpress bulbs?

That I bought them cheap on Aliexpress.

47131757_208330046736762_6077577202868682752_n (resized).jpg47131757_208330046736762_6077577202868682752_n (resized).jpg
#1426 5 years ago

8 years and 3 months later ...... still have mine (preordered). While not the most complex rules, not the best layout, not the best theme, it's still one of my favs

avatar (resized).jpgavatar (resized).jpg
#1427 5 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

8 years and 3 months later ...... still have mine (preordered). While not the most complex rules, not the best layout, not the best theme, it's still one of my favs [quoted image]

That's really cool that you have had your Pro for that long but I will disagree with you about theme, I LOVE the theme. Do you have leds in it?

#1428 5 years ago

Theme is awesome . I hope next four movies are as good as the first. I put figures on mine pro including banshee, neytiri, thanator and viperwolves, got to save some room for all the other cool new figures from new movies.

#1429 5 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

Theme is awesome . I hope next four movies are as good as the first. I put figures on mine pro including banshee, neytiri, thanator and viperwolves, got to save some room for all the other cool new figures from new movies.

Since your into mods how about my Leg Light-Ups for your games? Blue on Avatar looks great.

#1430 5 years ago

New films on the horizon...

...possible Vault Edition....?

...perhaps even a code update...?

#1431 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Can't wait for them. I have the first one in 3d, with active matrix glasses the 3d is KILLER.

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Code update would be great, to finish up the missing animations and polish up what’s there. Just like Ironman simple to play hard game to master and equally as good other than for the divisive theme.

#1433 5 years ago

Re joined this club! I sold my LE a while ago. Just picked up a nice pro. Except for a few key inserts going to stay incandescent. All the flashers will be changed out to LED's. A lot of the GI's are LED's all ready.I have a blue LED Display that I am going to install. Speaker up grade and speaker lights coming. I remember upgrading the speakers made a big difference on my LE. I guess I also need a shaker.

The call outs on this game are great. Stacking multi balls just like BSD for me on this one.

#1434 5 years ago

Good to see you back, think the pro will keep you happy.

#1435 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good to see you back, think the pro will keep you happy.

Thanks, I think so. The LE Chrome is really pretty and I miss that. I thought I would miss the NAVI ball but actually not. From what I can tell , the same game with out the dolls and opening lid. It is a fast paced, flow type game . The sound package is really good and gets better with better speakers. Changed some flashers to LED last night and that really adds to the light show pop. Tried changing the inserts to LED and UGH. I know, I could buy an OCD board but the incandescents actually look better in this table then others.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get a Mustang Boss /LE and an Avengers LE back into the line up. It is funny of all the games I have owned I miss them and Avatar the most .

#1436 5 years ago

I did the LED lights and figures a long time ago ..... I wanted the game to look like the night time scene in the forest. It was a success but damn it takes some time to get used to when seeing it for the first time I also added a ceramic ball just to mess with people (I prefer that it doesn't do the 2X scoring). With blue coin door lights and blue Roadshow legs, it's looking good

avatar (resized).jpgavatar (resized).jpg
#1437 5 years ago

and with my mod it looks even better.

d3e96db876d36549efe64c39496ace83aba3ee5d (resized).jpgd3e96db876d36549efe64c39496ace83aba3ee5d (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1438 5 years ago

https://truecolorprotectors.com/products/avatar-pinball-truecolor-plastic-protectors - Just got my site back up and running for the TrueColor plastic protectors. Picked up an avatar couple weeks back so got to put them on my own game for once!

#1439 5 years ago

Does anyone do a clear protector set for Avatar?

#1441 5 years ago

Was working on mine and added a Stern Red filter for the DMD. I like the look versus the blue.

A27BD655-24D3-49C8-AACA-FC7575087936 (resized).jpegA27BD655-24D3-49C8-AACA-FC7575087936 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1442 5 years ago

Happy Newyear to all you Avatar lovers

#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from Jamiro:

Happy Newyear to all you Avatar lovers

You too Jamiro.

#1444 5 years ago

Anyone with Avatar also got an Ironman able to tell me if the shooter lanes are the same?

Want to give one of these a try https://pu-parts.com/iron-man-vault-edition-im-ve-shooter-lane-protector

Ironman came out close to Avatar so curious if it would fit Avatar as well as my Ironman, will obviously have to modify it slightly for the shooter lane in my Avatar LE but curious about the general fit, shooter lane grove etc.

#1445 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone with Avatar also got an Ironman able to tell me if the shooter lanes are the same?
Want to give one of these a try https://pu-parts.com/iron-man-vault-edition-im-ve-shooter-lane-protector
Ironman came out close to Avatar so curious if it would fit Avatar as well as my Ironman, will obviously have to modify it slightly for the shooter lane in my Avatar LE but curious about the general fit, shooter lane grove etc.

That's interesting.

2 weeks later
#1446 5 years ago

Figured I'd post a sort-of review in here...

I've had my Avatar Pro since 2012 or so, when I bought it off a guy in Ruskin (cool guy with a ton of pins - he used to be on here, but I can't remember his username). It was still basically brand new and I got it for a couple grand off the NIB price.

It's kind of funny, because I have two pins (both since 2012), Avatar and Demolition Man, and I couldn't have purchased two more different pins. Demolition Man, frankly, looks like crud. Age and wear haven't been kind to it, and the original artwork was questionable at best. The audio and music is so-so, but not very compelling. But it has overlapping ramps, crazy shots, a third flipper, and toys like the cryoclaw that really affect gameplay... yet the ruleset is simple, and not particularly challenging. It's super fun, fast, easy, and ugly.

In many ways, my Avatar is the exact opposite. The art, music, and sound are just beautiful. I can't compliment the artists enough. Especially when I installed color-coordinated LED GI bulbs. A combination of purple, ice blue, and cyan, with hints of green. I'll post a pic later, after my colorDMD gets in (ordered that the other day). The cabinet is beautiful, the translite is amazing, the playfield plastics and colors are superb. The music really takes you into the theme, and Quaritch's callouts are excellent and engaging. I'd be lying if I said I didn't turn it on sometimes just to look at it. It's THAT pretty of a pin. I added a banshee in the same spot (apparently) that everyone else did, using one of the posts on the upper left side. Looks great.

The ruleset is deep, and extremely challenging. Getting to the wizard mode is a damned chore. This is both good and bad. As a HUO pin, it's good to have something challenging next to my fun-but-easy Demo Man. It gives me a pin to fight against when I want a long, challenging game. It's also worth some cussing now and again when I'm THAT close to the wizard mode, and a ball drains, and I have to relight several features. For guests, though, Demo Man gets a lot more traffic. Friends will play Avatar once because of the pretty, but gravitate toward the fun of Demo Man, with its many ramps, toys, and otherwise. So Avatar is a very schizoid pin.

It stays in my collection because it is challenging, and a good counterpoint to my Demo Man. Also, aside from Tron Legacy, I've yet to see another pin with better theme music, callouts, and audio... to include the recent Jersey Jack offerings. It is one of the most beautiful pins ever made, IMHO. The gameplay is average-ish, but challenging. For a Stern pin from the dark days of cut-down pins, it is quite good. Compared to the greats, it has its strong points with its excellent art and music, but its gameplay is merely adequate (though challenging). At the NIB price, I would have passed on it. But for $3.5k, I feel like I got many years of fun out of it, and despite many offers to part with it... it's still in my collection. It's possible I'll NEVER sell it.

Not the least bit because I'll have to get the wizard mode just one more time, and that takes forever to achieve.

#1447 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Figured I'd post a sort-of review in here...
I've had my Avatar Pro since 2012 or so, when I bought it off a guy in Ruskin (cool guy with a ton of pins - he used to be on here, but I can't remember his username). It was still basically brand new and I got it for a couple grand off the NIB price.
It's kind of funny, because I have two pins (both since 2012), Avatar and Demolition Man, and I couldn't have purchased two more different pins. Demolition Man, frankly, looks like crud. Age and wear haven't been kind to it, and the original artwork was questionable at best. The audio and music is so-so, but not very compelling. But it has overlapping ramps, crazy shots, a third flipper, and toys like the cryoclaw that really affect gameplay... yet the ruleset is simple, and not particularly challenging. It's super fun, fast, easy, and ugly.
In many ways, my Avatar is the exact opposite. The art, music, and sound are just beautiful. I can't compliment the artists enough. Especially when I installed color-coordinated LED GI bulbs. A combination of purple, ice blue, and cyan, with hints of green. I'll post a pic later, after my colorDMD gets in (ordered that the other day). The cabinet is beautiful, the translite is amazing, the playfield plastics and colors are superb. The music really takes you into the theme, and Quaritch's callouts are excellent and engaging. I'd be lying if I said I didn't turn it on sometimes just to look at it. It's THAT pretty of a pin. I added a banshee in the same spot (apparently) that everyone else did, using one of the posts on the upper left side. Looks great.
The ruleset is deep, and extremely challenging. Getting to the wizard mode is a damned chore. This is both good and bad. As a HUO pin, it's good to have something challenging next to my fun-but-easy Demo Man. It gives me a pin to fight against when I want a long, challenging game. It's also worth some cussing now and again when I'm THAT close to the wizard mode, and a ball drains, and I have to relight several features. For guests, though, Demo Man gets a lot more traffic. Friends will play Avatar once because of the pretty, but gravitate toward the fun of Demo Man, with its many ramps, toys, and otherwise. So Avatar is a very schizoid pin.
It stays in my collection because it is challenging, and a good counterpoint to my Demo Man. Also, aside from Tron Legacy, I've yet to see another pin with better theme music, callouts, and audio... to include the recent Jersey Jack offerings. It is one of the most beautiful pins ever made, IMHO. The gameplay is average-ish, but challenging. For a Stern pin from the dark days of cut-down pins, it is quite good. Compared to the greats, it has its strong points with its excellent art and music, but its gameplay is merely adequate (though challenging). At the NIB price, I would have passed on it. But for $3.5k, I feel like I got many years of fun out of it, and despite many offers to part with it... it's still in my collection. It's possible I'll NEVER sell it.
Not the least bit because I'll have to get the wizard mode just one more time, and that takes forever to achieve.

Nice review, hope you keep your Pro for many years to come.

1 month later
#1448 5 years ago

How many pros were produced? Not very many, it seems.

#1449 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

How many pros were produced? Not very many, it seems.

No idea, Stern doesn't give out numbers.

#1450 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

No idea, Stern doesn't give out numbers.

Doesn't surprise me. Especially, with how terrible their sales were in that era.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 1,959 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.