(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,973 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Tekman
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191249121 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191332409 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240318_195546597 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_223015108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240321-212313 (resized).png
There are 1,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 40.
#1351 6 years ago

I don't think it's needed. Put a few oversized rubbers on the last post before it exits the pops and it stops that 90% of the time.

#1352 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I went with some color GI on my Avatar to make it look like your on Pandora. Look at the ice blues, regular blues, purple, and maybe a few greens by the amp suite.

Pics??

Also how many people would be interested in a pop bumper mod for their Avatar? It would require modifying/cutting the plastic that surrounds and covers one of the pop bumper caps.

Design would be an airbrushed sculpt of the flowers seen in Avatar and displayed on the DMD when the ball is in the pops.

I have 2 ideas, first would be one bumper flower per pop bumper, the second design would be to have 2 or 3 smaller scale bumper flowers per pop bumper... ideally either design would be designed to make the flowers pop up and down which is as close to/similar to them shrinking and growing in the film.

288FA026-39DF-422A-BE7E-ECF8FF59731D (resized).jpeg288FA026-39DF-422A-BE7E-ECF8FF59731D (resized).jpeg

E5969AD1-7E27-42C1-9F80-CA1D94AA8866.gifE5969AD1-7E27-42C1-9F80-CA1D94AA8866.gif

#1353 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Also how many people would be interested in a pop bumper mod for their Avatar?

I'd be interested in that!

#1354 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pics??
Also how many people would be interested in a pop bumper mod for their Avatar? It would require modifying/cutting the plastic that surrounds and covers one of the pop bumper caps.
Design would be an airbrushed sculpt of the flowers seen in Avatar and displayed on the DMD when the ball is in the pops.
I have 2 ideas, first would be one bumper flower per pop bumper, the second design would be to have 2 or 3 smaller scale bumper flowers per pop bumper... ideally either design would be designed to make the flowers pop up and down which is as close to/similar to them shrinking and growing in the film.

Sounds interesting but not sure i'd be interested, I like the look of my modded pop caps.

#1355 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

How about fixes for the STMD issue off the bumper? I heard there is a spring fix?

Hi,
See posts in the approximate area of 1250 to 1270,they speak of the spring fix.Like mine with the spring on lowest post.....never tried bigger post rubbers.Could probably work I suppose.
Had to make/create/fabricate my own spring.....called Stern support like a year ago,they said that exact spring was no longer available.
Best of luck in whichever way you decide to go................call Stern again about spring,fabricate a spring fix or use bigger rubbers-Let us know-
Kirk in Colorado

#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I don't think it's needed. Put a few oversized rubbers on the last post before it exits the pops and it stops that 90% of the time.

Can you show me a pic of what you did?

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Can you show me a pic of what you did?

This has worked for me. I rarely get balls SDTM but does happen once in a while. D5F7F7E5-97FA-425F-97E5-E3D906CD0755 (resized).jpegD5F7F7E5-97FA-425F-97E5-E3D906CD0755 (resized).jpeg

#1358 5 years ago

Anyone in the club got any inner side art blades in their Avatar? TILTgraphics and PINgraffix both do a similar Pandora forest design but I cannot decide which I like best, anyone got either installed and able to share pics??

#1359 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone in the club got any inner side art blades in their Avatar? TILTgraphics and PINgraffix both do a similar Pandora forest design but I cannot decide which I like best, anyone got either installed and able to share pics??

Wish I could help but I have mirrors in mine.

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Wish I could help but I have mirrors in mine.

I didn't think you would have art blades Paul, I know you love your bling too much!

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I didn't think you would have art blades Paul, I know you love your bling too much!

True but the mirrors came out way before the art ones did so........... Your up late.

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

True but the mirrors came out way before the art ones did so........... Your up late.

Always am mate the joys of insomnia plus the maiden LE photos have me excited like a little boy before Xmas

#1363 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Always am mate the joys of insomnia plus the maiden LE photos have been excited

Oh man I can't relate, within 10 minutes of my head hitting the pillow I'm asleep. You gettin a Maiden LE?

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh man I can't relate, within 10 minutes of my head hitting the pillow I'm asleep. You gettin a Maiden LE?

Oh what I would give to be able to do that for just one week, would be amazing.

No LE but a premium is highly likely purely because of Keith’s (archer) layout, I have honestly never heard a single maiden song in my life, not the kind of music I listen to at all but purely as a pin it looks fantastic, never know may end up re-theming it

#1365 5 years ago

Well you could always change the music out. Looks like a fun shooter game.

#1367 5 years ago

got mirror blades on mine i like the bing..
i am not into the decal thing

1 month later
#1368 5 years ago

Greetings mighty internet...
I know this is a question being asked before, but I could not find an answer to it.
I discovered a small crack just at the start of the ramp, left side. Oh well I thought, bad luck is typical me. There is surely a fix or I will just get a new ramp...
I can't find a new ramp, they're out of stock. I can't find a protector either...
If anyone know of a protector for that area I would be grateful to be pointed in that direction. It must not be made for Avatar, if it only fits that's good enough for me.
If by any chance there is someone somewhere who has that ramp or know where to find it. Feel free to tell me. I'm not the richest person on the planet but I do have both a monthly salary and an understanding wife. I'm sure we can work something out. I have some round decals for the magnet area that was made for me that I could trade.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png
#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

I know this is a question being asked before, but I could not find an answer to it.
I discovered a small crack just at the start of the ramp, left side. Oh well I thought, bad luck is typical me. There is surely a fix or I will just get a new ramp...
I can't find a new ramp, they're out of stock. I can't find a protector either...
If anyone know of a protector for that area I would be grateful to be pointed in that direction. It must not be made for Avatar, if it only fits that's good enough for me.
If by any chance there is someone somewhere who has that ramp or know where to find it. Feel free to tell me. I'm not the richest person on the planet but I do have both a monthly salary and an understanding wife. I'm sure we can work something out. I have some round decals for the magnet area that was made for me that I could trade.

Welcome to the club. I've never looked for ramps for the game so I'm no help. Have you checked Starship Fantasy for the ramp?

#1370 5 years ago

Thank you Paul.
I have checked out Starship Fantasy now. So many ramps but none for Avatar.
As I said, anything I could buy that would work as protection from further damage will do.
Or a way to fix the crack without damaging the ramp. I'm thinking som kind of super glue and then a strip of something Mylar-like over it...

Normally I like cracks and dents. I have cracks and dents in all my other toys and I know they are there because they play good and have been used alot over the years. Why can't pinball machines be more like instruments...

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Ramp protectors only came on the LEs Stern unfortunately didn’t make them available for Pro owners which sucks.

Maybe email cliffy, at a guess you might be able to get an Ironman ramp protector set to fit an Avatar with a little modification the ramps look similar in pitch.

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from r0ddan:

Thank you Paul.
I have checked out Starship Fantasy now. So many ramps but none for Avatar.
As I said, anything I could buy that would work as protection from further damage will do.
Or a way to fix the crack without damaging the ramp. I'm thinking som kind of super glue and then a strip of something Mylar-like over it...
Normally I like cracks and dents. I have cracks and dents in all my other toys and I know they are there because they play good and have been used alot over the years. Why can't pinball machines be more like instruments...

Best to take the ramp off and epoxy another piece of clear plastic on.

#1373 5 years ago

There might be a solution but I don't wanna jinx it. Can't tell you just yet.

3 weeks later
#1374 5 years ago

Does anyone have a ColorDMD in Avatar? I'm curios to see what the dots look like, but unfortunately all that's on the ColorDMD website seems to be the smoothing. I was wondering if someone could upload some video of the dots?

#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone have a ColorDMD in Avatar? I'm curios to see what the dots look like, but unfortunately all that's on the ColorDMD website seems to be the smoothing. I was wondering if someone could upload some video of the dots?

Wish I did, it's on my list but $$$$ is tight right now.

#1376 5 years ago

I have one. I'll do some video later and upload it.....don't expect brilliant gameplay though.

#1377 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

I have one. I'll do some video later and upload it.....don't expect brilliant gameplay though.

Hey thanks.

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Awesome, thanks!

#1379 5 years ago

Here you go -

When the shaker motor kicks it, it goes a tab blurry. Sorry!

#1380 5 years ago

Thanks for taking the time to do that BigPhil, I really appreciate it!

What are your thoughts on the ColorDMD for that title? It seemed a little bland compared to TWD or Metallica (which are the other two that I own).

Some of the animations looked nice, but the text and the amp suit guy looked a little boring.

Would you recommend it? I passed on Demolition Man because it seemed boring too.

#1381 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Here you go -
When the shaker motor kicks it, it goes a tab blurry. Sorry!

Is that an led display?

#1382 5 years ago

I don't know what type of display is in it. I purchased it as is. I'll try and find out. Here are another coupe of videos head on. Don't know if it looks any better to you: -

And a blooper video where the ball gets stuck LOL! You can see it on the left hand side. Does this happen to anyone else?

#1383 5 years ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

I don't know what type of display is in it. I purchased it as is. I'll try and find out. Here are another coupe of videos head on. Don't know if it looks any better to you: -

And a blooper video where the ball gets stuck LOL! You can see it on the left hand side. Does this happen to anyone else?

Look on the back of the display on the top, if you don't have 4 buttons it's an led. The lcd has those buttons so you can change the style of fonts and other aspects.

#1384 5 years ago

Hey guys.. I have decided to rejoin the club. I missed avatar for a year and a half. I finally found a huo only LE close enough to buy.

Does anyone have files of the nice instruction cards that used to be out there? If so please send to me. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks
Mike

#1385 5 years ago

Hey Mike good to have you back and with an LE. I love my LE. My blue Leg Lights look great with all the chrome.

#1386 5 years ago

Hi!

I so funny to design pinball custom cards, because it, I designed a Rules Custom card for this pinball. I want to show you. Your opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!

I will design a Crew card and Free Play ahead.

"Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos1.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos2.jpg

I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1387 5 years ago

I did some changes: I replaced "Banshee" criature and did little adjust in text.

Details in "Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Rules.%20Mikonos3.jpg

Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos3.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Rules. Mikonos3.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

1 week later
#1388 5 years ago

Hey guys is there a code update for Avatar LE? I picked up number 5 yesterday (19 hour round trip in one go whooooo). It is running 1.01. Looked on stern's site and there is no link for avatar le, just pro which has 1.10.

#1391 5 years ago

Previously Unavailable 'M' Shaped Stern Outlane Guide Now Available
(Long Story, skip to the end if you just need the damn part)

So.
I needed the 'taller Stern Outlane guide' for my Avatar, but after days searching parts dealers online and calling or emailing them I could not find it anywhere. NO ONE had such a thing for sale.

The game was prone to bounce outs on the left outlane, so after Avatar came out Stern included a taller M shaped outlane guide with their 'Spring Fix Kit' (a spring and washers for a post to prevent SDTM drains out of the pops). Someone had a pic of this kit in the Avatar Club thread, WITH the 'M' outlane.
When I called Stern about the Spring Kit (which they still send out for free) I was told no outlane guide came with it and they had no parts available listing for an M-shaped outlane guide. hmmm.....

Spent another few days of going through Stern game manuals from then up to now that pics on IPDB showed the part, including Metalica, and even though the damn thing was there in the manual pf diagram, it had no number or description attached to it.

So I called Stern again and got someone in the parts department who was dumbfounded that a part ON the games and SHOWN in the pf diagram did not have a part number, so he looked into their production line assembly parts lists for Metalica and found the part! It just somehow slipped through the cracks over the years and never got on the 'parts available' list for vendors. He also checked their inventory and said they 'had a ton of them', and that I would have to order them through one of the parts dealers, who would only have to pay 'a couple bucks' for each.

SWEET!

I figure $5 - $6 bucks from someone online. I order parts from everyone, so I called Marco to let them know they can carry them. They said 'Cool, Thanks!' and would let me know when they had them in stock. A few weeks go by with no word from them, and by accident I see they have now added it to their site for sale. For $15 DOLLARS !!!
I'm a bit upset at the amount of markup and that they didn't even lmk they had it in stock.
So, I contacted all the other major parts vendors and gave them the scoop on the lane guide and the part number, and after talking to Terry at Pinball Life they seem to have gotten it in now, at a very fair price of $6.85.

So if you need 'Stern Outlane Guide 535-0347-00 ", get it from Pinball Life.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5281

FIN

Screenshot_2018-08-07 Stern Outlane Guide PinballLife com (resized).pngScreenshot_2018-08-07 Stern Outlane Guide PinballLife com (resized).png
#1392 5 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Previously Unavailable 'M' Shaped Stern Outlane Guide Now Available
(Long Story, skip to the end if you just need the damn part)
So.
I needed the 'taller Stern Outlane guide' for my Avatar, but after days searching parts dealers online and calling or emailing them I could not find it anywhere. NO ONE had such a thing for sale.
The game was prone to bounce outs on the left outlane, so after Avatar came out Stern included a taller M shaped outlane guide with their 'Spring Fix Kit' (a spring and washers for a post to prevent SDTM drains out of the pops). Someone had a pic of this kit in the Avatar Club thread, WITH the 'M' outlane.
When I called Stern about the Spring Kit (which they still send out for free) I was told no outlane guide came with it and they had no parts available listing for an M-shaped outlane guide. hmmm.....
Spent another few days of going through Stern game manuals from then up to now that pics on IPDB showed the part, including Metalica, and even though the damn thing was there in the manual pf diagram, it had no number or description attached to it.
So I called Stern again and got someone in the parts department who was dumbfounded that a part ON the games and SHOWN in the pf diagram did not have a part number, so he looked into their production line assembly parts lists for Metalica and found the part! It just somehow slipped through the cracks over the years and never got on the 'parts available' list for vendors. He also checked their inventory and said they 'had a ton of them', and that I would have to order them through one of the parts dealers, who would only have to pay 'a couple bucks' for each.
SWEET!
I figure $5 - $6 bucks from someone online. I order parts from everyone, so I called Marco to let them know they can carry them. They said 'Cool, Thanks!' and would let me know when they had them in stock. A few weeks go by with no word from them, and by accident I see they have now added it to their site for sale. For $15 DOLLARS !!!
I'm a bit upset at the amount of markup and that they didn't even lmk they had it in stock.
So, I contacted all the other major parts vendors and gave them the scoop on the lane guide and the part number, and after talking to Terry at Pinball Life they seem to have gotten it in now, at a very fair price of $6.85.
So if you need 'Stern Outlane Guide 535-0347-00 ", get it from Pinball Life.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5281
FIN[quoted image]

Hey thanks for doing that.

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Terry at Pinball Life they seem to have gotten it in now, at a very fair price of $6.85.

Exactly why Terry is my first stop for parts, Marco’s pricing is just inflated on everything try to use them as little as possible and support Terry and a few other places that seem to keep their prices down and competitive.

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey thanks for doing that.

Agreed, nice job miracleman I am pretty sure I won’t have one of these installed on my Avatar LE when I pull it out of the box.

#1395 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

when I pull it out of the box.

Which is gonna be when? Pictures for sure.

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Which is gonna be when? Pictures for sure.

Renovations on our home have slipped back continually due to family issues and emergencies hopefully going to be complete within the next couple of months, my plan is end of September.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Agreed, nice job miracleman I am pretty sure I won’t have one of these installed on my Avatar LE when I pull it out of the box.

If you are talking about the left inlane, mine has one though I did not get in nib. PO left the game stock so I would assume it is original.

#1398 5 years ago

My second card at the end!

"Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Avatar%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Avatar Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgAvatar Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

1 month later
#1399 5 years ago

Joining the club today, finally. Can't wait to get it home and set up!

Avatar (resized).jpgAvatar (resized).jpg
#1400 5 years ago

Congratulations. I like Avatar that much, I even want to buy the ones that are for sale, when I already own one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 1,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.