(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 40.
#1101 7 years ago

It's quite straight forward. Under adjustments goto replay awards and change it from extra ball to credit.

#1102 7 years ago

What's a good price for a HUO Avatar pro?

#1104 7 years ago

Thanks

I inquired regarding one owner said Pinside median price was $4300 he's working off that figure.

My friend sold one for $3700 I'm working off that figure.

I'm not sure if I want Avatar so I had not made a firm offer yet just kicking tires as they say.

My feeling is Met or TWD pro is low-mid $4s

There has to be some price drop to Avatar, no disrespect but there is a distance from Avatar to Met pro imo

#1105 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks
I inquired regarding one owner said Pinside median price was $4300 he's working off that figure.
My friend sold one for $3700 I'm working off that figure.
I'm not sure if I want Avatar so I had not made a firm offer yet just kicking tires as they say.
My feeling is Met or TWD pro is low-mid $4s
There has to be some price drop to Avatar, no disrespect but there is a distance from Avatar to Met pro imo

I bought mine two years ago for $3800, and that includes a blue Xpin DMD, full LEDS, some figures, speaker lighting, and generally excellent condition. I agree with about $3300 for bare stock and max $3800-$3900 for a pristine, well-modded pro.

#1106 7 years ago

I'm sure it's a lot of buyer seller psychology at play, like person who thinks Lotr is a $7k game because one may have sold at that price or because it's one of the best pins so it should cost what other great pins cost.

Sellers want top dollar buyers want lower price. I've found pins will sit at top dollar price.

I haven't made an offer because I'm on the fence because I own Tron and IM which seem to overlap Avatar a bit.

#1107 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

It's quite straight forward. Under adjustments goto replay awards and change it from extra ball to credit.

Right, thanks.
But I can't seem to find it.
It you get time, can you tell me exactly which option it is please?

Like I said, I've changed everything I've found.
There's a consolation ball, but I don't think that's it.

Thanks

#1108 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I haven't made an offer because I'm on the fence because I own Tron and IM which seem to overlap Avatar a bit

Yeah go with TWD or Met then.

#1109 7 years ago

One week to go before the 24hour drive for an Avatar LE, can't wait to get on the road and pick it up, be even better as I get closer and close to home on the way back, going to be one long haul

#1110 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

going to be one long haul

Hang in there! Some of us will be riding with you in spirit, trying to keep you company!

Don't forget to drive on the correct side of the road in Germany!

I see you live near Notingham. Please say hello to Robin Hood for me . . .

Mike in Kentucky

#1111 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

One week to go before the 24hour drive for an Avatar LE, can't wait to get on the road and pick it up, be even better as I get closer and close to home on the way back, going to be one long haul

I'm almost as excited as you are, the longest road trip for a game was 1200 round trip all in one shot, about 20 hours. But my trip was 99.9% freeway. Have a GREAT time and I still wish I could go with you. I could have gotten your trip all on vid for ya, I know how to shoot and edit too.

So drive safe and bring that baby back in one piece. "NIB Avatar LE" dang that sounds nice.

This is one of my many Bonneville Salt Flats racing videos I produced for the Utah Salt Flats Racing Association.

WOS box art 2 (resized).jpgWOS box art 2 (resized).jpg

WOS box art showing 2 dvds (resized).jpgWOS box art showing 2 dvds (resized).jpg

#1112 7 years ago

Looks like I'll be finally adding a minty Le #15/250 to the collection. Took awhile too find one that meets my picky expectations

#1113 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Looks like I'll be finally adding a minty Le #15/250 to the collection. Took awhile too find one that meets my picky expectations

Hey that's GREAT....and an LE too. Always room for one more in the club. Let us know when it arrives.

#1114 7 years ago

The 24 hour round trip for a NIB Avatar LE begins now! Will try and update and take photos and upload when possible since a few have asked.

#1115 7 years ago

Good luck an safe driving, there's a big reward at the end of this one, stay safe , I drove from Melbourne to Sydney an back to Melbourne for mine , it's totally worth it.....

#1116 7 years ago

Thanks whisper, well I have a big box in the back of the van containing a NIB LE, won't be new in box for long but first thing when I get home.. sleep! 24 hour round trip is a tough one another 3hours and I should be home ready to unload

#1117 7 years ago

Dang that went fast....for us anyway. I hope you had a fun trip. Get some rest when you get home, we can wait for pictures. What an adventure.

#1118 7 years ago

Certainly been abit of an Adventure Paul, left England last night at about 8pm from England to France to Belgium to Germany and on the route back leaving Germany into the Netherlands into Belgium back into France and just now boarding the Euro Tunnel back to England, the things we do for pinball

#1119 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Certainly been abit of an Adventure Paul, left England last night at about 8pm from England to France to Belgium to Germany and on the route back leaving Germany into the Netherlands into Belgium back into France and just now boarding the Euro Tunnel back to England, the things we do for pinball

Oh that sounds like fun. So it will have a Euro coin door or is that for English games too?

#1120 7 years ago

It's actually a Canadian game so it has a double coin door with CAD mechs. I'll be looking to sell the door so I can get a single slot door to match my other games. Not many Avatar LEs made it overseas as far as I know most where imports all the ones I've seen where not originally intended for the countries they ended up in, similar to what happened with TRON and others, probably why Stern started bumping up LE numbers and putting the mhz block on games.

#1121 7 years ago

My second Avatar LE and this one won't ever be going anywhere, glad to be official back in the Unobtainium club

IMG_0914 (resized).JPGIMG_0914 (resized).JPG

#1122 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's actually a Canadian game so it has a double coin door with CAD mechs. I'll be looking to sell the door so I can get a single slot door to match my other games. Not many Avatar LEs made it overseas as far as I know most where imports all the ones I've seen where not originally intended for the countries they ended up in, similar to what happened with TRON and others, probably why Stern started bumping up LE numbers and putting the mhz block on games.

Good idea, you gonna get the new cd chromed to match all the other LE chrome? Hmmmm I didn't know that.

#1123 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

My second Avatar LE and this one won't ever be going anywhere, glad to be official back in the Unobtainium club

Oh I see the top of the box has been opened so it's not a NIB.

#1124 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh I see the top of the box has been opened so it's not a NIB.

I did say it won't be NIB for long, took me all of about 6 seconds to open it, 1 second per staple

#1125 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good idea, you gonna get the new cd chromed to match all the other LE chrome? Hmmmm I didn't know that.

I have never really messed about with my games coin doors but I may just do that with this one as I can't see ever selling it and the chrome does look good on Avatar. Although may use a spare amour set and try a powder coat colour too. Would love some laser cut rails like STLE with the sacred seeds lighting up! Now there's an idea

#1126 7 years ago

Any customs or duties along the way (inspection etc..)?

Did you figure out your tolls and gas bill? I'm always curious about those things.

#1127 7 years ago

No custom charges or duties.

Fuel technically didn't cost me a penny used reward points from our local suoermarket reward scheme (was never going to use them on anything else so seemed the perfect time) however by time I get back I will only have used about two tanks so that would have been about £150.

Luckily I didn't hit with a single toll, if I had gone through France I would have been hit big on tolls, got lucky there. Only thing I have to factor in is the ticket for the tunnel at £108.

Not bad all in all, but even if I had paid up twice as much, it would still be well worth it, Link Lock is one of my fav shots on a Stern.

#1128 7 years ago

Have fun
IMG_2854 (resized).JPGIMG_2854 (resized).JPG

#1129 7 years ago

Has anyone installed the color DMD for this game yet? Just seeing what options you decided to go with, LED or LCD, highres or dots? Let's see some video please.

#1130 7 years ago

I will be putting an LED in my LE, I don't really care for the XL or Hi-Res stuff I like seeing the dots just in colour instead of red

#1131 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I did say it won't be NIB for long, took me all of about 6 seconds to open it, 1 second per staple

Oh so YOU opened it then. Very good, I stand corrected.

#1132 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have never really messed about with my games coin doors but I may just do that with this one as I can't see ever selling it and the chrome does look good on Avatar. Although may use a spare amour set and try a powder coat colour too. Would love some laser cut rails like STLE with the sacred seeds lighting up! Now there's an idea

How about a chrome apron with the cut out triangles with flashers under them. I LOVE mine.

#1133 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

No custom charges or duties.
Fuel technically didn't cost me a penny used reward points from our local suoermarket reward scheme (was never going to use them on anything else so seemed the perfect time) however by time I get back I will only have used about two tanks so that would have been about £150.
Luckily I didn't hit with a single toll, if I had gone through France I would have been hit big on tolls, got lucky there. Only thing I have to factor in is the ticket for the tunnel at £108.
Not bad all in all, but even if I had paid up twice as much, it would still be well worth it, Link Lock is one of my fav shots on a Stern.

What was the total miles? Did you get to sit in your car through the chunnel?

#1134 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Has anyone installed the color DMD for this game yet? Just seeing what options you decided to go with, LED or LCD, highres or dots? Let's see some video please.

I have the LCD but not installed yet. I went with the LCD cuz I didn't like the way the blacks looked on the LED in my T3. The pf lights actually lit up the leds that were off so the blacks looked gray with white (the actual color of the leds when off) speckles. My lcd Met is next to my led T3 so it's really easy to compare. A Bent Plastic guard only blocks 2/3 of the reflected pf led light on T3 so it really looks strange.

#1135 7 years ago

What are you waiting for, install that bad boy. Fill us in on which mode looks the best. With all the video clips I'm guessing either high res or dots.

#1136 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh so YOU opened it then. Very good, I stand corrected.

Oh yeah I opened her, I had to check her out make sure she was all good

Quoted from MustangPaul:

How about a chrome apron with the cut out triangles with flashers under them. I LOVE mine.

I have a spare metal apron I might try and chrome it and get it laser cut abit like those ones from Germany I think, have you seen there STTNG laser cut EL apron? Avatar would look amazing with one.

Also trying to get pinblades to do some POWERBLADES for Avatar they would look awesome in a Avatar with the forest lighting up like in the films.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

What was the total miles? Did you get to sit in your car through the channel tunnel?

1473, yeah you can sit in your vehicle or get out and walk up and down the shuttle on the way there I had a little stretch of the legs and walked up and down on the way back I sat in my van and went sleep instantly I had been up for 30 hours at that point

#1137 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Oh yeah I opened her, I had to check her out make sure she was all good

That's what I thought.

Quoted from J85M:

I have a spare metal apron I might try and chrome it and get it laser cut abit like those ones from Germany I think, have you seen there STTNG laser cut EL apron? Avatar would look amazing with one.

That's a plan but remember those aprons have 3 little threaded screws welded to the underside for the blue plastic to attach to. Yes the laser cut apron like STTNG would be wild, you'd have one of a kind for sure.

Quoted from J85M:

1473, yeah you can sit in your vehicle or get out and walk up and down the shuttle on the way there I had a little stretch of the legs and walked up and down on the way back I sat in my van and went sleep instantly I had been up for 30 hours at that point

That's a lot of miles especially in that amount of time. I used to make the event video for the USFRA out on the Bonneville Salt Flats every year. From my house it's 1440 miles one way. I only drove straight through coming home one time so I know what you went through but the drive is all freeway so you do like 75 all the way and no tolls.

#1138 7 years ago

Have we got a definitive Avatar mod list?

#1139 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not really but I'll start it off. My blue Leg Light-Ups and Beatmasters blue shooter housing light up, clear flipper buttons with double flex blue leds to light them up, mirror blades, color changing speaker light ups and a couple double head spot lights. AND at the top of the list is the OCD board!!!

#1140 7 years ago

I put these creatures on the back box head as a poor-man's topper.

And added that giant-ass bird on mine. Whatever the hell it's called . . . sort of 'Pheasant Under Glass'.

Mike in Kentucky

Pinball - Avatar Mod Add-ons 008 (resized).jpgPinball - Avatar Mod Add-ons 008 (resized).jpg

Pinball - Avatar Mod Add-ons 005 (resized).jpgPinball - Avatar Mod Add-ons 005 (resized).jpg

#1141 7 years ago

Once I finish my renovations at home and get all my pins unboxed, I think its time Avatar had some real mod love, so many other great games that have had some real love in the mod department and Avatar seems to just have been left at the sidelines, well Avatar deserves the same love.

Things that need looking at;

Improved Link Pod, the pods in the film are so detailed and their lighting is awesome yet the one in the game pretty lacklustre which is a shame as the Link lock is one of the sweetest shots on a modern Stern.

Custom pop bumper caps, there are some awesome pop mods for games like ST, IM, TRON and Avatar seems perfect for something to be done in its pop area as it does look kind of empty, either a laser cut design like ST, IM & TRON or maybe something more 3D like the eggs in Alien - the DMD shows the bouncing plants, a sculpt of those like the eggs in Alien would look awesome, although it would mean modifying the games plastics in that area.

Would also love some light up "sacred seeds" tied to flashers maybe or mode insert

A cool decal for the bank, I know there are a couple out there but maybe some RDA and military/industrial looking would be cool.

Anyway just spit balling ideas, anyone got anything they have thought or considered while playing?

#1142 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Color dmd
Plastic protectors
Lit up target bank mezelmods.com
White rubber
Leds
Led light strip in the lid of the coffin tanning bed thing to light Jake up

#1143 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Led light strip in the lid of the coffin tanning bed thing to light Jake up

That's gotto go, its about time we had a quality mod to replace that, BSD coffin mod shows what can be done for this particular area of the game and it definitely deserves it because the Link Lock is an awesome shot!

#1144 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Once I finish my renovations at home and get all my pins unboxed, I think its time Avatar had some real mod love, so many other great games that have had some real love in the mod department and Avatar seems to just have been left at the sidelines, well Avatar deserves the same love.
Things that need looking at;
Improved Link Pod, the pods in the film are so detailed and their lighting is awesome yet the one in the game pretty lacklustre which is a shame as the Link lock is one of the sweetest shots on a modern Stern.
Custom pop bumper caps, there are some awesome pop mods for games like ST, IM, TRON and Avatar seems perfect for something to be done in its pop area as it does look kind of empty, either a laser cut design like ST, IM & TRON or maybe something more 3D like the eggs in Alien - the DMD shows the bouncing plants, a sculpt of those like the eggs in Alien would look awesome, although it would mean modifying the games plastics in that area.
Would also love some light up "sacred seeds" tied to flashers maybe or mode insert
A cool decal for the bank, I know there are a couple out there but maybe some RDA and military/industrial looking would be cool.
Anyway just spit balling ideas, anyone got anything they have thought or considered while playing?

I modded my stock pop caps by making the center hole bigger and put mini domes in them. Comets Crystal Fan bulbs light them really nice. Here's my pod light up, took him off the plastic and sprayed the inside sparkle silver.

IMGA0148 (resized).JPGIMGA0148 (resized).JPG

IMGA0150 (resized).JPGIMGA0150 (resized).JPG

IMGA0158 (resized).JPGIMGA0158 (resized).JPG

IMGA0166 (resized).JPGIMGA0166 (resized).JPG

IMGA0134 (resized).JPGIMGA0134 (resized).JPG

IMGA0136 (resized).JPGIMGA0136 (resized).JPG

#1145 7 years ago

I just joined the club this week. Yay!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1146 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I just joined the club this week. Yay!

Welcome.

1 month later
#1147 7 years ago

So happy that I have finally joined the club with an LE.
Only 10 around in Australia, so took a while to locate this bad boy!
Delivery to arrive next week. (Having Fingers Crossed)

Q: I have seen the mods that people have posted in this club topic, tho I have not seen
any pictures with Pin blades installed.

Did anyone ever install these to there Avatar's, and are willing to share a pic please?

Thanks

#1148 7 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

So happy that I have finally joined the club with an LE.
Only 10 around in Australia, so took a while to locate this bad boy!
Delivery to arrive next week. (Having Fingers Crossed)
Q: I have seen the mods that people have posted in this club topic, tho I have not seen
any pictures with Pin blades installed.
Did anyone ever install these to there Avatar's, and are willing to share a pic please?
Thanks

Welcome to the club, an LE too, nice. I have mirrors on mine and with all the chrome on the game (I even have a chrome apron with flashers under the inserts, a chrome shooter housing and a real gold leaf shooter knob) I think they look the best. Now if I could only afford a chrome coin door. Chrome baby chrome.

#1149 7 years ago

I think Avatar is a very underated game...I have an LE and play it regularly. I picked up this topper from Cointaker while at this year's Texas Pinball Festival...a bit redundant but adds a splash of color.

20170325_113637 (resized).jpg20170325_113637 (resized).jpg

#1150 7 years ago

20170412_214045 (resized).jpg20170412_214045 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.