(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 40.
#1051 7 years ago

I have the wire too but I don't know what the out lane mod is.

#1052 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone put a plastic protectors set on their avatar? Any particular seller/product you guys would recommend?

You mean like for the sling plastics?
I'm not aware of any plastic protectors

#1053 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have the wire too but I don't know what the out lane mod is.

Supposedly there's a taller wire for the left outlane?
Read it on here somewhere....

When did you get your SDTM wire?

#1054 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Supposedly there's a taller wire for the left outlane?
Read it on here somewhere....
When did you get your SDTM wire?

I have never heard of a wire for the outlane, the sdtm fix is a wire that sits on a clear post that just flicks the ball enough onto the left flipper instead of sdtm, Stern issued them upon request ages ago but I'm sure someone is selling them give it a google and check the usual places like pinballlife.

#1055 7 years ago

That wire is not needed IMO and it looks like shit. I just put a stack of larger diameter rubbers on that post that exits the pop area and it works 95% of the time. The outlane extenders on the left side are a must tho.

#1056 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

That wire is not needed IMO and it looks like shit. I just put a stack of larger diameter rubbers on that post that exits the pop area and it works 95% of the time. The outlane extenders on the left side are a must tho.

I have never seen the outlane extenders, I had a pro and le previously and never heard of those, are they factory or 3rd party?

#1057 7 years ago

I think they are 3rd party but not quite sure. Stern may have also made them. IMG_0063 (resized).JPGIMG_0063 (resized).JPG

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think they are 3rd party but not quite sure. Stern may have also made them.

My LE has a star post just like that in the same place. I'm pretty sure it's stock.

#1059 7 years ago

I posted that pic to show the outlane extender, not the star post. Is the outlane extender present on your LE?

#1060 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I posted that pic to show the outlane extender, not the star post. Is the outlane extender present on your LE?

The M shaped wire? Yes, that's a stock piece.

#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes, that's a stock piece.

Well . . . you are ALMOST right, Paul. It IS made by Stern (stock piece from the factory) and it DOES go on the pin in that position. However, the original Avatar pins did not have this on there.

Stern sent me a 'kit' to fix my pin myself after a lot of complaining from owners about the SDTM's and the shallow outlane. Putting that thing on the outlane was terrifying. There were no pilot holes (that I remember) and you had to take a hammer and beat that SOB down into the PF. I was petrified, but you know what? It worked!

Same with that little spring/wire gizmo for up toward the roll over lanes. It came in that same kit (along with a clear plastic piece of Lexan? . . . that went over the ramp at the very far back of the PF to keep balls from jumping out. That little wire thingy was a pain. Stern's instructions were wrong. They were telling us to put it in the wrong place. Took me awhile to figure out where it REALLY went, but I got it on there and it has worked correctly ever since.

#1062 7 years ago

I got the pinbits florescent green protectors and I like them alot. If you have a LE you will need to trim one of the pieces so the Link can open and close. See the pictures. Looks better and brighter in person.

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_63&products_id=637

P1000032 (resized).JPGP1000032 (resized).JPG
P1000049 (resized).JPGP1000049 (resized).JPG
P1000047 (resized).JPGP1000047 (resized).JPG
P1000044 (resized).JPGP1000044 (resized).JPG

#1063 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Well . . . you are ALMOST right, Paul. It IS made by Stern (stock piece from the factory) and it DOES go on the pin in that position. However, the original Avatar pins did not have this on there.

Really? That's odd because the printing on the pf indicates that there was supposed to be that M shaped wire guide or something should have been there from the start. Did they forget to drill the 2 holes and put it in?

I knew about the little spring but not about the lane guide.

#1064 7 years ago

In the first models there was also a wire guide but a lot lower, in some cases the ball jumped over it.

#1065 7 years ago

Those green pinbit protectors make the game look really cool, well done.

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

I got the pinbits florescent green protectors and I like them alot. If you have a LE you will need to trim one of the pieces so the Link can open and close. See the pictures. Looks better and brighter in person.
http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_63&products_id=637

I like the look but I might have to get myself a set made in blue or purple think that would work well with the theme.

#1067 7 years ago

I have the pinbits.com green on the amp suit and the slings. I used clear for the rest. It looks really good.

I also have the color dmd in my game. It looks fantastic. The video sequences look incredible.

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I also have the color dmd in my game.

Which one LED or LCD?

#1069 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Which one LED or LCD?

I prefer lcd

#1070 7 years ago

Any chance you could a little video of the colour dmd in normal dot mod? I still haven't seen a preview in standard dots and would be grateful if you could do it.

Thanks

#1071 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Did they forget to drill the 2 holes and put it in?

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

In the first models there was also a wire guide but a lot lower, in some cases the ball jumped over it.

Memory failed me on this Paul. DavidPinballWizz brought it all back to me. My pin had this small metal piece in that outlane, and yes, the ball jumped it very often. Instructions were to pull that wire out and put this in its place. I still recall being scared to do this. I got some pliers and I began tugging on it, moving it sideways back and forth and then pulled it out just like pulling a tooth. The holes were clean and then I put the new, taller wire in there and had to use the ole hammer to knock it down firmly into the PF. I thought I would damage the PF in this process, but I was surprised with how easy the change-out was.

Mike in Kentucky

#1072 7 years ago

That's probably the way I'll go to, the black level is way better.

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

That's what I still have

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have the pinbits.com green on the amp suit and the slings. I used clear for the rest. It looks really good.
I also have the color dmd in my game. It looks fantastic. The video sequences look incredible.

So you had to order 2 sets? one green and one clear?

#1075 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So you had to order 2 sets? one green and one clear?

Yes in the roundabout way. I had the clear already installed. Then I installed the green on my AFM. So I knew how good the green will look. I think I emailed Pam and she sold me a partial set for avatar.

#1076 7 years ago

Just finished the refurb for my Avatar Pro!!!

Turned out awesome!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_2673 (resized).jpgIMG_2673 (resized).jpg

IMG_2671 (resized).jpgIMG_2671 (resized).jpg

#1077 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Just finished the refurb for my Avatar Pro!!!
Turned out awesome!
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

Looks clean.

#1078 7 years ago

Somebody should tell that guy with the $7995 "LE" in the market place that his picture is of a Pro.

#1079 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Yes in the roundabout way. I had the clear already installed. Then I installed the green on my AFM. So I knew how good the green will look. I think I emailed Pam and she sold me a partial set for avatar.

Did you get hold of Pam recently I haven't managed to get a response in over a week.

#1080 7 years ago

Added these today ... pretty cool.

IMG_4001 (resized).JPGIMG_4001 (resized).JPG

IMG_3995 (resized).JPGIMG_3995 (resized).JPG

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Added these today ... pretty cool.

Have you considered my Leg Light-Ups for the game or Beatmasters shooter housing light up?

#1082 7 years ago

I just ordered the LCD version, didn't care for the black level of the LED.

#1083 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just ordered the LCD version, didn't care for the black level of the LED.

You are going to love it. It looks amazing.

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

You are going to love it. It looks amazing.

Oh I know I am. My LE is soooo bling'd out the only thing left to do is get the coin door chromed.

#1085 7 years ago

When you get it installed Paul a vid of the colour dmd in dot mod would be awesome! I still haven't seen the colour dmd in dot mode

I take my 12 hour drive over to europe (24 hour round trip) to collect my NIB Avatar LE on the 18th of Feb, doesn't sound as mad in my head

#1086 7 years ago

My Avatar is now operating at Hobby Town USA in Concord, CA

IMG_2763 (resized).JPGIMG_2763 (resized).JPG

#1087 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

When you get it installed Paul a vid of the colour dmd in dot mod would be awesome! I still haven't seen the colour dmd in dot mode
I take my 12 hour drive over to europe (24 hour round trip) to collect my NIB Avatar LE on the 18th of Feb, doesn't sound as mad in my head

Wish I could Jon but I only have a dumb phone that doesn't do vid. Maybe I can talk a friend into it.

That's gonna be some trip, I wish I could go with you. Do you actually drive through the Chunnel?

#1088 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I wish I could go with you.

Yeah, me too!!! I lived in Germany for two years and then I lived for 6 weeks in Crawley, Sussex. It has been MANY years since then. We crossed the Channel either by Hovercraft or by ferry. Those BIG ferrys!!!! I'd like to know how travel is these days. I hope many pictures are taken and Jon has the time to write journal entries along the way. That would help take the boredom out of a long drive. Take a break every once in awhile and post where you are and some nice pictures of things around you.

Mike in Kentucky

#1089 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Yeah, me too!!! I lived in Germany for two years and then I lived for 6 weeks in Crawley, Sussex. It has been MANY years since then. We crossed the Channel either by Hovercraft or by ferry. Those BIG ferrys!!!! I'd like to know how travel is these days. I hope many pictures are taken and Jon has the time to write journal entries along the way. That would help take the boredom out of a long drive. Take a break every once in awhile and post where you are and some nice pictures of things around you.
Mike in Kentucky

I will be using the tunnel, its super quick and gives me a chance to put my head down for 30-40minutes

I will start my drive there at night and hopefully make it there early am, grab something to eat have a little walk round the local town (time permitting) and making my way back that afternoon/evening/night. I will do my best to take some photos along the way and post them as I go for those interested.

I don't think there is much I can do to avoid the eventual boredom of a 24 hour + round trip at least on the return trip I have the excitement of having a NIB Avatar LE coming home with me

#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I will be using the tunnel, its super quick and gives me a chance to put my head down for 30-40minutes

So, you can't drive a car through the tunnel, only put it on a train?

What town is it that you are going to? I might be able to tell you where something interesting is located. Maybe you have no interest at all, but me . . . I would be making this a 3 day trip or more. Since I'm paying for the gas, I would chart me some places to stop and sight-see. I love history, and I enjoy going into the large cathedrals because they are amazing works of art.

Appreciate your feedback.
Mike in Kentucky

#1091 7 years ago

My ColorDMD LCD came today, just have to find time to put it in and install program.

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

My ColorDMD LCD came today, just have to find time to put it in and install program.

Tell us which mode looks/you like the best, high res, dots...? Big difference from the standard DMD?

#1093 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Tell us which mode looks/you like the best, high res, dots...? Big difference from the standard DMD?

Will do.

#1094 7 years ago

I have mine set to hi res. That is my favorite for most titles. Avatar looks awesome in color. There are so many animations that you don't normally notice.

#1095 7 years ago

Swapped out the Mountain Banshee and replaced it with the Larger Toruk today. Turned out Amazing!

IMG_4054 (resized).JPGIMG_4054 (resized).JPG

IMG_4056 (resized).JPGIMG_4056 (resized).JPG

IMG_4057 (resized).JPGIMG_4057 (resized).JPG

IMG_4059 (resized).JPGIMG_4059 (resized).JPG

IMG_4063 (resized).JPGIMG_4063 (resized).JPG

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Swapped out the Mountain Banshee and replaced it with the Larger Toruk today. Turned out Amazing!

Cool, that really takes up a lot of space but it looks good. I have one of those big boys too, use it as a topper.

#1097 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Cool, that really takes up a lot of space but it looks good. I have one of those big boys too, use it as a topper.

It does take up a good amount of space however blocks nothing but air space!! Very very cool ... love it!

#1098 7 years ago

That looks pretty Damn cool, certainly makes the banshee look small. I think it puts both in perspective better than the movie did. Movies awesome though.

#1099 7 years ago

Can anyone help with unwanted extra ball, vs credit awards?

Basically, I want all the credit awards to be credits, not extra balls,
Does that make sense?
I'm not asking to get rid of the 1 or 2 instances where the game randomly awards extra balls.

I've gone thru the menus, 3 or 4 times, trying to set all the credit awards to credits, not extra balls
and I keep getting them.
So my flexing replay score awards an extra ball, I know that.

Maybe I could do a reset, or install a certain game play setting,
but I'd rather not.
Running 1.1 software.
Can someone tell me what specific menu options I should look at?
(no, addaball is not installed)

Thanks!

Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.