(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,974 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191249121 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191332409 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240318_195546597 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_223015108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240321-212313 (resized).png
There are 1,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 40.
#1001 7 years ago

Well from start to finish how much of your trip would be on 4 lane divided freeways? All but about 20 miles of mine was. Cool, just pm me what you want and I'll make them up for you. You should get Beatmasters shooter housing light up too, it looks great and compliments my mod beautifully. They look kinda purple, that's just the camera, they are nice and bright blue in real life.

IMGA0406[1] (resized).JPGIMGA0406[1] (resized).JPG

#1002 7 years ago

I always figure how long it takes as well. I mean if it's 20 hours drive that's a good 2.5 days of work. That's hundreds of dollars (IMO).

#1003 7 years ago

If you want it bad enough you will get it though!!!!!!!!!

#1004 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I always figure how long it takes as well. I mean if it's 20 hours drive that's a good 2.5 days of work. That's hundreds of dollars (IMO).

I did it on a weekend, left 8am Sat. morning and got back 6am Sunday morning. No problem.

#1005 7 years ago

Well if all goes well tomorrow and I can get everything in place quickly with regards to a van and we can agree a convenient date and time around my work.

Looks like I'll be doing a 24 hour 1400 mile (2250km) little road trip

#1006 7 years ago

I did a 18 hour round trip 9 hours each way, Melbourne to Sydney an back to Melbourne to get mine. No regrets!!!!

#1007 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well if all goes well tomorrow and I can get everything in place quickly with regards to a van and we can agree a convenient date and time around my work.
Looks like I'll be doing a 24 hour 1400 mile (2250km) little road trip

That is gonna be one scenic road trip, could you post pictures? Your pictures will be as close to those countries as I'll ever get.

#1008 7 years ago

Here's my Avatar for sale at Phoenix Games!

sfbay.craigslist.org link

IMG_2375 (resized).JPGIMG_2375 (resized).JPG

#1009 7 years ago

ColorDMD's is excited to announce Avatar as the 51st title to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! Avatar is the second release for ColorDMD developer Frank Gigliotti following his work on The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard earlier this year.

Displays are in stock now for immediate shipping, The color ROM for Avatar is targeted for release on Friday, December 16.

Thanks to Chris Enright and Frank for preparing the video preview!

#1010 7 years ago

Looks amazing, definitely something I would love to add when the Aussie dollar gets better.

#1011 7 years ago

If someone could get this in their Avatar ASAP and do a video of the display in dots mode that would be awesome!

#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That is gonna be one scenic road trip, could you post pictures? Your pictures will be as close to those countries as I'll ever get.

Of course Paul no problem at all I will try and get the most scenic views/shots as possible, might even add little Avatar props in the photos for the fun of it

#1013 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Of course Paul no problem at all I will try and get the most scenic views/shots as possible, might even add little Avatar props in the photos for the fun of it

Sounds great, thanks.

#1014 7 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

ColorDMD's is excited to announce Avatar as the 51st title to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! Avatar is the second release for ColorDMD developer Frank Gigliotti following his work on The Who's Tommy Pinball Wizard earlier this year.
Displays are in stock now for immediate shipping, The color ROM for Avatar is targeted for release on Friday, December 16.
Thanks to Chris Enright and Frank for preparing the video preview!
» YouTube video

Hmmmmm I was hoping for more colors. Could we see a LED version?

#1015 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Here's my Avatar for sale at Phoenix Games!
sfbay.craigslist.org link

That's a good price.

#1016 7 years ago

Did the rom go live today, 16th as planned?

#1017 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Did the rom go live today, 16th as planned?

Yes

#1018 7 years ago

Has anyone installed the rom in their Avatar yet? About a month now before I can pick mine up

#1019 7 years ago
#1020 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone installed the rom in their Avatar yet?

Sorry. I must be late for the party, but what ROM? And where do they come from?

Thanks,

Mike in Kentucky

#1021 7 years ago

COLOR ROM FOR AVATAR RELEASED!

The color ROMs to support Avatar pinball machines has been released and are now available for download from our SUPPORT page. Thanks very much to Frank Gigliotti for all the hard work to make this title available! The color animations really look great!

Displays are available for immediate shipment from our store site.

http://www.colordmd.com/support_firmware.html

Avatar (resized).jpgAvatar (resized).jpg

#1022 7 years ago

I have a colonel figure still in the box if any of you guys with pros need one. Pm me. We can work it out.

#1023 7 years ago

Anyone getting strange colours/glitches on some of the scores with the colordmd?

#1024 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Anyone getting strange colours/glitches on some of the scores with the colordmd?

Yes...

IMG_4010 (resized).JPGIMG_4010 (resized).JPG

#1026 7 years ago

Whoops sorry fellas, there is a small color error when the game is set on REPLAYS and COIN PLAY. I will fix this tonight and ask ColorDMD to issue a new rom to the website. No worries.

Quoted from Kevlar:

#1028 7 years ago

Have tested the fix and and all is fine now, speedy work luvthatapex2, thanks.

Kev

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is that an lcd version?

Yes thats an LCD.

2 weeks later
#1030 7 years ago

Anyone put a colourdmd in yet and got a video of standard dots? You must have by now Paul you love your colour and bling

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone put a colourdmd in yet and got a video of standard dots? You must have by now Paul you love your colour and bling

I'd like to see both versions and no I don't have one yet. I just can't get over how the bad the black looks on the LED version. With the leds turned off to create the blacks the pf lights light up the off leds that make up the blacks so the blacks look like a gray. I will probably get the LCD version but I have to sell some more of my Leg Light-Ups to free up some money that's tied up in inventory.

2 LE's for sale and no one is jumping on them? I can see why with the 8k one but the 5k one is "about" the going price.

#1032 7 years ago

I drive 12 hours to Germany this month to pick up mine

I'll have to see an LED one in person as I'm not quite sure what your referring to Paul

#1033 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I drive 12 hours to Germany this month to pick up mine
I'll have to see an LED one in person as I'm not quite sure what your referring to Paul

Have fun on your trip.

When the LEDs are off the light from the pf actually illuminate the turned of leds so you can see the leds themselves so the panel looks kinf of gray instead of black. When you see a game with one on shield the led screen from reflected pf light, switch between the 2 and you'll see what I'm talking about. With the screen shielded the blacks look great, without shielding the black looks gray.

#1034 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have fun on your trip.
When the LEDs are off the light from the pf actually illuminate the turned of leds so you can see the leds themselves so the panel looks kinf of gray instead of black. When you see a game with one on shield the led screen from reflected pf light, switch between the 2 and you'll see what I'm talking about. With the screen shielded the blacks look great, without shielding the black looks gray.

Gotcha makes sense now

Would a gel screen/cover not help with the issue?

I will make sure I take those photos for you Paul, some German and French scenery and of course any pin scenary I come across

#1035 7 years ago

Good you got it. It would really help if you could find2 games side by side, doesn't matter if they are different games. I have a Net Pro with the lcd and a T3 right next to it with an LED in it. The blacks really look black in the LCD compared the the LED right next to it.

You could try putting that plastic lens over the LED one, the one people put over their stock LED DMD to prevent the DMD from reflecting on the pf glass. I forgot what ya call it.

Thanks in advance for the pictures, I sure wish I could be with you, to just ride and not even try to read maps of course. . I did that on an Ireland trip a few years ago, no driving (on the wrong side no less) just rode and follower an English/Irish map a bit. We also saw our favorite Irish female singing group Celtic Woman for their Home Coming concert in Dublin, that's mainly why we took this trip. Man that trip was the ULTIMATE personalized foreign country 7 day ride along anyone could ever want, my buddy planned and took care of everything....except the cost of my trip of course. Back then it took $1.45 to make 1 Euro, we got nailed.

#1036 7 years ago

Oddities....

I had a couple of odd things happen, no biggie, I fixed them....

1. the gate to the left of the upper inlanes was getting stuck on the top of the backrail,
its been that way for days, so I finally got in there and bent it a lil....

2. after that the ball was getting stuck in the center top rollover lane,
I must have inadvertently moved a post. Just took the bottom 2 posts
of that ctr lane and moved them "out".

Weird though.

#1037 7 years ago

Joined the club !!!!!
Picked up a Beautiful Loaded Avatar LE yesterday ... Love it already!
Looks right at home with LUCI and TWD

IMG_3903 (resized).JPGIMG_3903 (resized).JPG

IMG_3908 (resized).JPGIMG_3908 (resized).JPG

IMG_3911 (resized).JPGIMG_3911 (resized).JPG

#1038 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Joined the club !!!!!

Welcome to the club and you scored an LE.

#1039 7 years ago

Congrats on the pick up, looks awesome.. hope you love this game as much as I do..

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Joined the club !!!!!

Now, wanna have a crazy game? it's an LE so you already have the "powerball" add a blue glow ball in there,
hard to see and flies around like crazy. I added a blue and a green one to my Pro, Wow!

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Now, wanna have a crazy game? it's an LE so you already have the "powerball" add a blue glow ball in there,
hard to see and flies around like crazy. I added a blue and a green one to my Pro, Wow!

Video or it didn't happen

#1042 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Joined the club !!!!!

Is that a colour dmd in there Beez? If it is could possibly post some video of the colourdmd in regular dot mod?

#1043 7 years ago

Any choices still out there on a cool Avatar Topper?
I've only come across one style ...

#1044 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I'd be curious to see how this looks as well, post a video please. Where did you get the colored balls?

#1045 7 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Any choices still out there on a cool Avatar Topper?
I've only come across one style ...

A good DIY project.

#1046 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'd be curious to see how this looks as well, post a video please. Where did you get the colored balls?

Got em from Mezel mods. You can buy them individually like $15ea or a multicolored set of 5 for $60 I think.
I'd love to post a video. I don't have a tripod, I can't take video and play
I have no overhead light in the corner where my game is, and have added blue lights to the game,
so when that blue ball is bouncing around (and it behaves crazy like a powerball)
you almost can't see it. Heck it got stuck in the elbow of the Amp Suit. I have a picture of that.
I'll try to take some pics.

#1047 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

tmp_19098-20170108_065043-1300964590.jpgtmp_19098-20170108_065043-1300964590.jpg

tmp_19098-20170108_065028-1484372429.jpgtmp_19098-20170108_065028-1484372429.jpg

#1048 7 years ago

Has anyone put a plastic protectors set on their avatar? Any particular seller/product you guys would recommend?

#1049 7 years ago

Does everyone have the Stern mods in their machine? The left out lane and the SDTM from the bumpers one?

#1050 7 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Does everyone have the Stern mods in their machine? The left out lane and the SDTM from the bumpers one?

What is the left out lane mod, don't think I ever heard of that when I had my last Avatar? The SDTM wire is a must though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.