(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,973 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Tekman
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191249121 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191332409 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240318_195546597 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_223015108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240321-212313 (resized).png
There are 1,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 40.
#951 7 years ago

Scoring big on Avatar = Wizard Mode or bust.

Stacking modes into multiball modes is the right idea.

3 weeks later
#952 7 years ago

I'm officially apart of this club. 2nd run build date feb 2013, I take it the decal on the amp suit is stock to the second run but not the first.image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I'm officially apart of this club. 2nd run build date feb 2013, I take it the decal on the amp suit is stock to the second run but not the first.

Good to see you join. You gonna stay for a while?

#954 7 years ago

Great choice!!!! Congrats one of the most overlooked games ever!!!!

#955 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Good to see you join. You gonna stay for a while?

Time will tell but as of now its staying for some time despite already getting to fonal battle.

Quoted from whisper:

Great choice!!!! Congrats one of the most overlooked games ever!!!!

It sure is. Still can't believe its not a top 100 game; the game has an amazing sountrack , lightshow and artwork.

The one question I have in terms of LEDs do you have any reccomendations?

The placement of the banshee isn't the greatest but the tail hasn't been cut off and as of now I don't think I will be removing any of the toys inc the direhorse placed over the ewya captive ball. However the navi characters on the right have been cable tied the feet and sat on the flasher domes which is slowly growing on me but I might end up changing that.

#956 7 years ago

Yeah just have a look at look at how the banshee is placed on the limited edition an copy that, yours is placed a fair bit over to the left.

#957 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

The one question I have in terms of LEDs do you have any reccomendations?

Yes, for the inserts, clean the underside of them REAL good and use Comet 2 smd clear dome white, the facets of the inserts will sparkle and look the way the new Stern games look. When you switch to leds they will look like crap till you put an OCD board in, the light show will be breathtaking once that board is in. It is a MUST HAVE with this game.

#958 7 years ago

It was 6 yrs back in September that I got my NIB (it sat for almost a week so I could open it at a launch party I hosted which was torture).... was even more torture to see all the games go overseas first before getting my domestic....luckily I got a first day production of those. Still have it and no regrets buying it (I preordered it day one). I changed out bulbs to LEDs (to look like the night scene) and some figures (Banshi was the main one). After it was pimped out, they announced an LE (ugh!)...... I had the option to upgrade, but declined.

avatar (resized).jpgavatar (resized).jpg

#959 7 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

It was 6 yrs back in September that I got my NIB (it sat for almost a week so I could open it at a launch party I hosted which was torture).... was even more torture to see all the games go overseas first before getting my domestic....luckily I got a first day production of those. Still have it and no regrets buying it (I preordered it day one). I changed out bulbs to LEDs (to look like the night scene) and some figures (Banshi was the main one). After it was pimped out, they announced an LE (ugh!)...... I had the option to upgrade, but declined.

Cool story, an original owner that still has it. I know my LE won't be going anywhere.

#960 7 years ago

I put all the mods on my pro. Banshee figure, NAVI characters, LED's and LED OCD, Sgt. dude in the amp suit, amp suit sticker and it is absolutely awesome. One of the best audio integrated games of all time. Still have not got to the final battle and that's part of the fun of it, extremely challenging to me.

#961 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I put all the mods on my pro. Banshee figure, NAVI characters, LED's and LED OCD, Sgt. dude in the amp suit, amp suit sticker and it is absolutely awesome. One of the best audio integrated games of all time. Still have not got to the final battle and that's part of the fun of it, extremely challenging to me.

Nice but you forgot 2 mods, Beatmasters shooter housing light up and my Leg Light-Ups, both in blue.

#962 7 years ago

Yeah I'll have to look into those. Are the lights on each integrated with the game at all or just constantly on?

#963 7 years ago

Constantly on, I use a 8 way power splitter with a 110/12v wall wort plugged into that which is is plugged into the service outlet to power the splitter then those 2 12v mods are plugged into the splitter and still have 6 12v plugs that are unused. The upside of doing that is that your not putting a power strain on the game power board, the down side is that you have to plug and unplug the wall wort when you want them on but it's no big deal.

#964 7 years ago

Just received the email from colordmd today. Avatar is officially released!! Place your orders guys!! Just in time for Christmas!! I cant wait to play some Avatar in color..

#965 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Just received the email from colordmd today. Avatar is officially released!! Place your orders guys!! Just in time for Christmas!! I cant wait to play some Avatar in color..

FANTASTIC!!!! I KNEW IT!!! Now for the critical choice LED or LCD.

#966 7 years ago

that is indeed a surprise and great news. I already have a colordmd in my LE running in all blue.
bring on the firmware!
and to think I was close to selling it a month ago. whew!

#967 7 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

that is indeed a surprise and great news. I already have a colordmd in my LE running in all blue.
bring on the firmware!
and to think I was close to selling it a month ago. whew!

Oh man that was close. I'm leaning towards LED, how about others? Where's the footage.....who's got the footage.....gotta see the footage.

#968 7 years ago

Tough decision on LED or LCD. I have the full color LCD in my IMVE set on HIRES and the video looks awesome. When I switch it to DOTS it's not nearly as sweet. I do like the brightness and the fact that the LED is so crisp. leaning towards the LCD because of the video aspect.

#969 7 years ago

Hey all, I've not much play time on Avatar. Its Definitely a looker, but I'm curious how it stacks up in relation to Tron and IM which come to mind as they're of the same vintage with the same/similar DMD layout with movie rips, same designe team etc.. I've heard it's a poor mans IM but is that a good description?

How are the rules and gameplay for both beginners and good players? I've gotten to be more interested in rules since I've been around longer. I understand not all games are Tspp or LOTR greatness and I can appreciate the lesser more basic rules like IM or Tron. Have not read a lot about Avatar, is there any glaring weakness or roadblocks or too much chopping wood?

What's the going rate for a HUO pro?

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hey all, I've not much play time on Avatar. Its Definitely a looker, but I'm curious how it stacks up in relation to Tron and IM which come to mind as they're of the same vintage with the same/similar DMD layout with movie rips, same designe team etc.. I've heard it's a poor mans IM but is that a good description?
How are the rules and gameplay for both beginners and good players? I've gotten to be more interested in rules since I've been around longer. I understand not all games are Tspp or LOTR greatness and I can appreciate the lesser more basic rules like IM or Tron. Have not read a lot about Avatar, is there any glaring weakness or roadblocks or too much chopping wood?
What's the going rate for a HUO pro?

I don't know the rules at all so I'm no help there, all I know is I love to play my LE. I.m the second owner of my LE, it came with upgraded speakers but no other mods and I payed $4600 2 years ago so a Pro would probably go for 3800-4200 now.

#971 7 years ago

Hey guys Gina is taking a poll for lit Power blades, I put a plug in for Avatar of the scene where the 2 of them were running through the lit forest at night. All those colors lit up like in the movie would look killer in our game. Check out the topic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-which-powerbladez-would-you-like-to-see-pingraffix

#972 7 years ago

The rules in Avatar are not super deep. They are A LOT like Iron Man except with only one wizard mode.
You do have of course the playfield multipliers.
But the sound is really good and most important solid and bug free.
But they keep you coming to get to the wizard mode which isn't easy.

Rulewise I like it more than Iron Man but I'm a big avatar fan

#973 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What's the going rate for a HUO pro?</blockquote

I have LOTR and Met. I play Tron and IM at my buddys. I prefer Avatar to IM. However they are both good. Avatar is a little more immerive and the rules are a little deeper compared to IM. Ball times are short. I think its a very underrated game.

#974 7 years ago

Hi All, new to this thread/club (didn't know it existed) and I am sorry if I am changing any subject thread but does anyone know of any mods in the works for the Link chamber? I received my Avatar NIB back in 2010 and really enjoy it but from day one that Link chamber with Sully in it has always been a sore spot...looks a bit like a cheap Walmart glasses case. Lastly, has anyone figured out a way to level the AMP suit so Quaritch isn't looking straight down? Pity they had to break the tops off the suit to get it to fit...would liked to have seen the gun belts.

Avatar Upper (resized).jpgAvatar Upper (resized).jpg

Avatar Full (resized).jpgAvatar Full (resized).jpg

#975 7 years ago

I hear ya , that Jake figure in the link pod is such an eye saw, what were they thinking!!! If anyone has came up with anything to jazz it up please share, otherwise this game is totally awesome in every way!!!

#976 7 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Hi All, new to this thread/club (didn't know it existed) and I am sorry if I am changing any subject thread but does anyone know of any mods in the works for the Link chamber? I received my Avatar NIB back in 2010 and really enjoy it but from day one that Link chamber with Sully in it has always been a sore spot...looks a bit like a cheap Walmart glasses case. Lastly, has anyone figured out a way to level the AMP suit so Quaritch isn't looking straight down? Pity they had to break the tops off the suit to get it to fit...would liked to have seen the gun belts.

Welcome to the club. I modded my chamber really nice, look for my pictures in earlier posts....also my other mods including my Leg Light-ups.

#977 7 years ago

I will search for your link mod photos...despite this machines lack of love from the general pinball community, I really enjoy playing it and after all these years of ownership really don't see it leaving my collection. I will continue to invest in it...I am looking to ColorDMD next.

#978 7 years ago

If I can ever get my hands one one, I will be making a functional link mod.

#979 7 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

If I can ever get my hands one one, I will be making a functional link mod.

There's a Pro for sale on Pinside For Sale thread and it's been reduced to $3850 which is a great price. It's OBO so you might get some help with shipping cost.

#980 7 years ago

If the colourdmd hints/rumours are true I cannot wait to see Avatar in colour! Now if only we could add some animations to final battle

#981 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If the colourdmd hints/rumours are true I cannot wait to see Avatar in colour! Now if only we could add some animations to final battle

It's not hints or rumors it's real. Go to their web page and you'll see. Start thinking which one you want, LED or LCD. I think I'm going with LCD because the blacks are truly black.

#982 7 years ago

Wish they would release a video or some screens this is the first colourdmd I have been genuinely excited to see in a while. I have heard a lot of people say the LED is better for blacks? Because the actual colours pop more? Be interested to see both side by side though.

#983 7 years ago

Anyone know of any NIB Avatar LEs??

#984 7 years ago

They will release videos soon. I have both in 2 games and the blacks of the LED game look bad because when the leds are off for black parts of a scene the lit pf reflects up on to the off leds and partially lights them with reflected light so they appear to be somewhat gray. A Bent Plastic dmd shield works to prevent that pf reflection but only shields about half of the dmd. I wish I could get a good picture of the effect but I can't but it is VERY noticable to the human eye. I may try to bend the Bent Plastic piece so it is angled up higher and see it will shield all of the dmd from that reflected. If it works then I think the blacks will look good.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They were long gone years ago, only 250 were made. Best your gonna do is a HUO and that's "IF" you can find one and your in the UK so you may never find one over there.

#986 7 years ago

There are some still kicking about Paul, I had one lined up in October but seller pulled out wanted to hold onto it although I don't think he was going to get more than $7k for it no matter how long he holds onto it

#987 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There are some still kicking about Paul, I had one lined up in October but seller pulled out wanted to hold onto it although I don't think he was going to get more than $7k for it no matter how long he holds onto it

WOW really.

#988 7 years ago

Yeah I know of 1 NIB in NZ I was told about through conversation and at least a couple stateside and 1 in Europe again not seen or spoke to owner just through conversation with other buyers talking about the pricing of avatars still nib.

#989 7 years ago

The Avatar Pro I have on location at Phoenix Games in Concord, CA is now for sale. $3850 obo...

Swing by and play a few games. If interested, let me know. I can also get it ready for shipping if needed.

Thx,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#990 7 years ago

You've done some good research then. I'm sure it would cost you a pretty pence to get any of them over to you.

#991 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

The Avatar Pro I have on location at Phoenix Games is now for sale. $3850 obo...
Swing by and play a few games. If interested, let me know.
Thx,
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

That's a good price Rob. GLWS

#992 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know one in Germany and it's for sale. PM for details

#993 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

There ya go Jon. That would make a cool road trip.

#994 7 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

See post #182..

#995 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Pm sent, thank you for the heads up!

#996 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

There ya go Jon. That would make a cool road trip.

It certainly would, luckily I have driven and cycled around a lot of Germany so I'm fairly familiar with getting there and back.

I have driven some silly mileage picking up pins in the past but I think it adds to the experience of getting a new pin, the road trip is part of the fun

#997 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It certainly would, luckily I have driven and cycled around a lot of Germany so I'm fairly familiar with getting there and back.
I have driven some silly mileage picking up pins in the past but I think it adds to the experience of getting a new pin, the road trip is part of the fun

How many miles round trip do think it would be? The price of gas for that kind of RT would be a killer though. I just did a 1340 mile round trip to Rapid City, South Dakota for my MACH 3 arcade game. Only took 2 highways 35W south to 90W. Cost about $230 for gas.

#998 7 years ago

To drive about 700 mile each way! So it would cost a few quid in fuel, it would certainly be longest round trip for a pin

#999 7 years ago

1400 yeah that would be a trip especially for how slow at times you'd have to drive, I was doing 75 to 85 most of the trip.

#1000 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

1400 yeah that would be a trip especially for how slow at times you'd have to drive, I was doing 75 to 85 most of the trip.

Drive slow? Says who?

Well I've sent an email just waiting now to see if it's still available and go from there, would probably need some of your blue leg light ups, saw your game room photo in the other thread and they looked great in a row

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,973 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.