(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,974 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191249121 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191332409 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240318_195546597 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_223015108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240321-212313 (resized).png
There are 1,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 40.
#901 7 years ago

Also does anyone know where you get the sticker that goes on top of the bank of drop targets in front of the mech suit?

#902 7 years ago

^^^^I would be interested in one of those too!

#903 7 years ago

I have been seeking an Avatar Pro for a long time--regional New England area, maybe NY for the right deal.
Routed OK as long as whole game functions well, and playfield is not worn in common, main playfield areas.
I will not in-ship.

$3000-$3700...or cash plus one of mine as partial trade.

Feel free to PM me if anybody knows of an avail Avatar out there like this.
I missed the boat when they all came off route 3 years ago during Tron, ACDC and Metallica's height of popularity.

#904 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Also does anyone know where you get the sticker that goes on top of the bank of drop targets in front of the mech suit?

I am pretty sure Brock at PinballCustoms.com was selling them although I can't find them on his site right now. http://www.pinballcustoms.com/product-category/playfield-parts/

#905 7 years ago

Does anybody have a picture of what the target bank decal looks like?

#906 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinstronomy:

if you play long enough can you here kids laughing like on the movie...???

Yes, very prominently. I have one of the original units made in 2010. After all this time, I hear callouts that are absolutely new to my ear. In fact, just today I heard a long one that I had never heard before. 5 plus years have gone by and I have never had ONE problem with this pin. It still looks like it is brand new with no wear on the playfield. This is a sorely under-rated pin.

#907 7 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

OK the purpose of this post is,can I buy and install a shaker motor with the pro code..just the way it is ?

Yes. That's what I did and it works like a champ. One of the best shaker experiences I've ever had.

#908 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Yes. That's what I did and it works like a champ. One of the best shaker experiences I've ever had.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
#910 7 years ago

Hey Paul,

Love to join!

Greg from Toronto!!

#911 7 years ago

Hi Greg, Welcome. Great talking with you today, hope I was helpful and didn't spend to much of your money. Your gonna have one slick Pro.

#912 7 years ago

I have an apron from an LE if any of you pro owners want an upgrade

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
Stern Apron Archived
Used, good condition - “This apron is off a 2010 Avatar as I switched it out for a chrome one. Price is $50 + shipping”
2016-08-06
Asheboro, NC
Archived after: 27 days
Viewed: 369 times
Contributed to Pinside

#913 7 years ago

Been hoping to pick up an Avatar LE ever since my wife and i played one at Sterns factory when they were in production. We were visiting Chicago to see our son graduate from Navy basic training and we called to see if we could get a tour. They were very gracious and friendly. I am happy to say the wait is over ! Got a refinery edition with super low plays. Taking delivery on Friday. We cant wait. Will post pics soon.

#914 7 years ago
Quoted from trazy11:

Been hoping to pick up an Avatar LE ever since my wife and i played one at Sterns factory when they were in production. We were visiting Chicago to see our son graduate from Navy basic training and we called to see if we could get a tour. They were very gracious and friendly. I am happy to say the wait is over ! Got a refinery edition with super low plays. Taking delivery on Friday. We cant wait. Will post pics soon.

Refinery edition LE? Never seen one but mine is as close to one as you can get now that I've blinged it out. Your gonna have to post pictures and tell us what they did. Can't wait to see yours. Oh and Welcome to the club.

#915 7 years ago

If anyone in this club decides they want out, let me know if you want to trade for something in my collection.

1 week later
#916 7 years ago

About to pick up a routed Attack from Mars that I might be looking to trade....Avatar Le is one that I have some interest in...if anyone is interested just pm me and we can chat.
Aaron

#917 7 years ago

im happy to join the club as i just picked up a huo pro a few days ago for the wife and kid
looking to add some figures and some mods to it
already start adding leds to it
underrated game i think

#918 7 years ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

im happy to join the club as i just picked up a huo pro a few days ago for the wife and kid
looking to add some figures and some mods to it
already start adding leds to it
underrated game i think

Welcome to the club. My blue Leg Light-Ups that I make and sell look GREAT on the game. So does Beatmasters blue led shooter housing light up. When adding leds you'll need the OCD board to get rid of the insert strobing and ghosting. It works great and a must have for this game. I used the 2 smd clear dome bulbs in all the inserts, the insert facets just sparkle like a new Stern. Look for my pictures on past pages, it's got a lot of mods on it.

#919 7 years ago

thanks for the tips on the inserts
so far i have only done the gi lighting with leds

#920 7 years ago
Quoted from gameover1173:

thanks for the tips on the inserts
so far i have only done the gi lighting with leds

You bet.

1 week later
#921 7 years ago

Definitely looking to pick up an official LE. Would prefer all original. Willing to ship is a must, I live in the Pacific NW FWIW.

I surely hope to join the club soon.

2 weeks later
#922 7 years ago

Guess what, guess what, after a 2 year search I'm finally in the club, picked up this awsome pro, 18 hour round trip to pick this baby up from Sydney , was a full mission but so happy to finally own one, love this game, one of my grail pins ...I really want to find a banshee to put over the banshee ramp can any one point me in right direction on which one to get? Cheers..

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#923 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Guess what, guess what, after a 2 year search I'm finally in the club, picked up this awsome pro, 18 hour round trip to pick this baby up from Sydney , was a full mission but so happy to finally own one, love this game, one of my grail pins ...I really want to find a banshee to put over the banshee ramp can any one point me in right direction on which one to get? Cheers..

Congrats, that some dedication, 18 hours. I wonder how many were actually shipped to Australia? Have you tried ebay for one? My blue Leg Light-Ups and Beatmasters blue shooter housing light up look great together on the game.

#924 7 years ago

Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss

Ebay - ebay.com link: sch

Nice score, by the way. I think Avatar is truly an underrated pin.

#925 7 years ago
#926 7 years ago

Are the banshee's for sale on eBay an Amazon all the same size, or should I be looking for particular size to fit over the ramp? Cheers

#927 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Color on the way

Is this in ColorDMD's que?

#928 7 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Color on the way

Are you doing the color for the game?

#929 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Are the banshee's for sale on eBay an Amazon all the same size, or should I be looking for particular size to fit over the ramp? Cheers

Dang, I can't find my tape measure. You will have to cut the tail off.

#930 7 years ago

Got a nice Congo I'm thinking of moving...anyone interested in trade plus cash towards avatar le let me know. Thanks

#931 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is this in ColorDMD's que?

I have one of their Sigma displays in mine. While not "colorized" the multiple shades of blue lend themselves nicely to the game.

#932 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Are you doing the color for the game?

Hmmmmm, now why did nocreditdot take his post down?

#933 7 years ago

I recently obtained an Avatar Pro in a multi game trade. It's currently in rotation at Phoenix Games in Concord.

Rob
Robsgameroom.com

#934 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I recently obtained an Avatar Pro in a multi game trade. It's currently in rotation at Phoenix Games in Concord.
Rob
Robsgameroom.com

How is it earning?

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

How is it earning?

We haven't cashed it out yet (will at the end of the month), but the last time I opened the door, the coin box looked really good! I haven't had any real issues with it so far as well. I love that!

#936 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

We haven't cashed it out yet (will at the end of the month), but the last time I opened the door, the coin box looked really good! I haven't had any real issues with it so far as well. I love that!

All good news. When the new movie comes out you might see an uptick in the cash box at the end of the month.

1 week later
#937 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

I haven't had any real issues with it so far as well.

I have been the sole owner of my Avatar and it is the ONLY pin I've had that has never required ANY repairs at all! It has been SO damned maintenance free!

I truly think that if I ever get rid of all my pins, this Avatar will be the lone survivor! I think I'll keep it until the day I die!

Mike in Kentucky

#938 7 years ago

Last weekend I setup my Avatar LE in the Belgian Open Pinball for everyone to play.
A tournament with 225 competitors.

People are divided in banks of 50 and must choose 8 games + 1 joker out of a bank of 24 games.

These are the audits that can be seen through our scoring software for Avatar (3 balls, outlanes on 3/4th open, tight tilt, steep)

http://bop.azurewebsites.net/Machine/18

The main tournament itself was won by Cayle George (USA).
Classics by Julio Vicario Soriano (ES)

#939 7 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I have been the sole owner of my Avatar and it is the ONLY pin I've had that has never required ANY repairs at all! It has been SO damned maintenance free!
I truly think that if I ever get rid of all my pins, this Avatar will be the lone survivor! I think I'll keep it until the day I die!
Mike in Kentucky

Hi Mike that's GREAT to hear. Is it a Pro or LE? If you want to add some bling my blue Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up look GREAT on the game.

#940 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Last weekend I setup my Avatar LE in the Belgian Open Pinball for everyone to play.
A tournament with 225 competitors.
People are divided in banks of 50 and must choose 8 games + 1 joker out of a bank of 24 games.
These are the audits that can be seen through our scoring software for Avatar (3 balls, outlanes on 3/4th open, tight tilt, steep)
http://bop.azurewebsites.net/Machine/18
The main tournament itself was won by Cayle George (USA).
Classics by Julio Vicario Soriano (ES)

Hi David looks like you guys had a really fun time, Avatar had a fair amount of play.

#941 7 years ago

Hey Davidpinballwizz did u take the navi ball out to avoid the 2x scoring when in play to level the scoring out for the comp or leave it in ?

#942 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Is it a Pro or LE?

It's Pro. The LE's had not come out when I bought mine. I sure would have bought an LE if I had a choice back then.

I'll check out your stuff sometime this weekend. I just got home from a LONG drive, coming from a Florida vacation. I just had to have my Pinside 'fix' before I go to sleep.

#943 7 years ago

@Whisper: I took out the naviball and shortwired the shooter lane sensor so it could never ever trigger a navi ball ball start.
Mine sometimes tends to do it because the through really kicks it out at high speed from time to time.

And it wouldn't be honest if somebody got a double scoring on his game compared to those that didn't, just because of the order of the navi ball in the ballthrough.

#944 7 years ago

Nice one DavidPinballWizz there's some decent scores there, this is a great comp game, keeps the line moving quick, it's a great game full stop, total hit with guys I usually play pinball with, one or two have never played it before an are totally hooked, definatly one of the best pinball purchases I have ever made, pretty safe to say I'm a club member 4 life...

#945 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Nice one @davidpinballwizz there's some decent scores there, this is a great comp game, keeps the line moving quick, it's a great game full stop, total hit with guys I usually play pinball with, one or two have never played it before an are totally hooked, definatly one of the best pinball purchases I have ever made, pretty safe to say I'm a club member 4 life...

Hey that's great, I can't see selling mine either.

#946 7 years ago

I feel the same way after owning a few years , it still has me playing it often, others tend to enjoy it as well, great game

2 weeks later
#947 7 years ago

Hey guys any one done any mods to make the Jake toy look any better?

#948 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hey guys any one done any mods to make the Jake toy look any better?

I have, look at the pictures at the top of the page in the Gallery.

2 weeks later
#949 7 years ago

Just want to see what other people's gameplay strategy is when approaching this awesome game,? I've noticed I've been getting the link lock ready to go an then trying to start either seeds or navi scoring then hit the link to start the multi an more times than not finish seeds or collect most if not all the navi characters to get navi multiball after my link is finished, so was wondering what strategies other people out there are using...?? Cheers

#950 7 years ago

First you lock a ball, hit the amp suit so it's closer to starting multiball.
If possible put an obtained multiplier already on link or amp.

Then shoot the loops to start bomber battle (valkyrie), if you want even add banshee to it by shooting the ramp.
Then start link or amp, then combine link or amp so you have two multiballs running.
Make sure you hit the eywa for mystery time extended on banshee and bomber battle and later for add-a-ball.

Get the multipliers active on your link and amp shot before making the super jackpot.

This is how you score big on avatar.

If you want to go for the wizard mode, you can combine seeds too in the above routine.

Navi charaters can all be obtained in a good multiball if you pay attention to it.. what's left then to do when the multiball is over is to shoot the target bank for link multiball.

Once you have this, final battle is ready. However in you fail anything in the above, or drain your ball...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 1,974 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.