(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,979 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by jetmechinnc
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240420_082334 (resized).jpg
20240420_080954 (resized).jpg
20240420_080908 (resized).jpg
20240420_080901 (resized).jpg
20240420_081013 (resized).jpg
20240416_072824 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240404_201426513 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240405-100515 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240405-100523 (resized).png
PXL_20240331_142009964 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141647189 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_214238844 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240326_232547775 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141008296 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_141002783 (resized).jpg
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 40.
#752 7 years ago

Pro for sale (not mine) in the Market Place if anyone is interested.

#753 7 years ago

I contacted seller yesterday. No reply yet.

4100 seem fair with upgrades? Nice one for same price did not sell at pinfest

#754 7 years ago

Ah good.

Really? I guess people are saving their money for GB.

#755 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You do have the wire fix for that don't you?

yes I have the wire fix. still happens. like I said, it's probably me. I plan on tearing into it next month or so, so I will make sure it's level and all that jazz. Just set it up and played it when I got it. I need to find a weekend and give it some loving.

#756 7 years ago

I'm looking in 3600 to 3900 range. Local to md/pa/va

#757 7 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

yes I have the wire fix. still happens. like I said, it's probably me. I plan on tearing into it next month or so, so I will make sure it's level and all that jazz. Just set it up and played it when I got it. I need to find a weekend and give it some loving.

Give her some lovin and she'll treat ya right.

#758 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I'm looking in 3600 to 3900 range. Local to md/pa/va

That could be tough.

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That could be tough.

4k? if its nice that fine

#760 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

4k? if its nice that fine

I picked up my Avatar Pro with a few mods (blue DMD, figures, britecaps, speaker lighting) about a year ago for about $3800, and it had been on the market for a month of two at that time. I think your price goal is reasonable for sure, but if you want one local you may have to wait a while. There don't seem to be too many Avatars out there.

#761 7 years ago
Quoted from Radagast:

I picked up my Avatar Pro with a few mods (blue DMD, figures, britecaps, speaker lighting) about a year ago for about $3800, and it had been on the market for a month of two at that time. I think your price goal is reasonable for sure, but if you want one local you may have to wait a while. There don't seem to be too many Avatars out there.

Yeah that's a great price. There are 250 LE's out there so I wonder how many Pros?

#762 7 years ago

Installed a pin2dmd rgb led display in my friends avatar LE last week, see

Blue display really looks great on an Avatar

And I agree, avatar is a great pin. Nice art and a great sound package

#763 7 years ago

Yep blue dmd in avatar really makes the game look 100%.

#764 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Installed a pin2dmd rgb led display in my friends avatar LE last week, see
» YouTube video
Blue display really looks great on an Avatar
And I agree, avatar is a great pin. Nice art and a great sound package

Where can I get one? Always worried about getting wrong version. Looks great!

#765 7 years ago

I recommend xpins white dmd, then you can put any gel over it to make it whatever you want, blue looks awesome, I made my Avatar teal.. if you sell the game you can move it to another if you choose..

1462851492757-639121475_(resized).jpg1462851492757-639121475_(resized).jpg

#766 7 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I contacted seller yesterday. No reply yet.
4100 seem fair with upgrades? Nice one for same price did not sell at pinfest

Too much.

I sold mine for $3700 less than a year ago. Mint HUO 2013 model, full LEDs (GI and inserts), FF speakers, LED OCD, FF LED backbox kit.. hell, I may have had mirror blades on it too, I don't remember. Don't go any higher than that unless it's a LE model. Routed un-modded Pros should be considerably less.

1 week later
#767 7 years ago

I'm joining the club! Being shipped and in my possession next week. Don't know if this machine has the spring for the pop bumper exit fix. I tried to search the part numbers listed way earlier in this thread and could not find at either Marco or PL. Where can I get those parts? On LEDing the inserts, will the premium non ghosting lamps work? I'll have to experiment with the GI but really like the blue, green, and purple look a lot of you guys are showing plus enough CW to keep the playfield pretty lit. Are the spot lamps sufficient? I think several have added spots or LED strips to some dark spots. I'm excited to play and mod this pin!

#768 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm joining the club! Being shipped and in my possession next week. Don't know if this machine has the spring for the pop bumper exit fix. I tried to search the part numbers listed way earlier in this thread and could not find at either Marco or PL. Where can I get those parts?

Great to have you join us, Pro or LE. That was a part you had to get from Stern so contact them. It was a SDM drain "fix" part.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

On LEDing the inserts, will the premium non ghosting lamps work?

Stick with just 2 SMD clear dome bulbs from Comet for the inserts, I like the way they make the facets of the inserts "sparkle" and make sure the underside of the inserts are clean.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are the spot lamps sufficient? I think several have added spots or LED strips to some dark spots. I'm excited to play and mod this pin!

I moved the single spots on the sling plastics to the top of the pf and replaced with doubles from Pinballbulbs.com and added 2 more doubles mid pf. Look for my pictures on back thread pages. I added all kinds of extra leds and strips. I think my game is lit perfectly. For the cab on the front I have my Leg Light-Ups and beatmasters shooter housing light up on and they put your game in a whole new light. Look for my topis New LED Leg Light-Ups to see pictures.

#769 7 years ago

It's a pro. I thought you said the inserts ghost or strobe without good lamps, thus LED OCD but I don't have the coin right now to afford LED's and OCD board.

#770 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It's a pro. I thought you said the inserts ghost or strobe without good lamps, thus LED OCD but I don't have the coin right now to afford LED's and OCD board.

Oups I forgot the OCD board, that is a MUST with this game. Get the leds I posted about first, the no ghost ones don't do anything for this game. Once you have the money then get the OCD, you won't believe how great your game will look.

#771 7 years ago

So a lot of the inserts dim and that is the reason for the LED LCD board?

#772 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So a lot of the inserts dim and that is the reason for the LED LCD board?

Well they fade in and out and the OCD (not lcd) board lets the leds do that. It's the best $50 mod you could buy for your led'd Avatar. Buy the leds first and watch how bad they try to fade in and out, it's not pretty, then install the OCD board and you will be amazed how perfect they fade in and out. My NASCAR game was unwatchable before I put the OCD in it, now it's perfect. Here's a link. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/club-led-ocd-tips-tricks-thoughts-and-advice

#773 7 years ago

Yeah makes sense, more like $150 tho with shipping.

#774 7 years ago

Yeah, the OCD board is totally worth it. Trust us on this one.

#775 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah makes sense, more like $150 tho with shipping.

I must be thinking of the DK power distro board price. Sorry, been a while since I bought one.

#776 7 years ago

If there is one under rated title that could do with a VE its avatar just as awesome as ironman and equally as under rated upon initial release.

#777 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If there is one under rated title that could do with a VE its avatar just as awesome as ironman and equally as under rated upon initial release.

I don't think that's going to happen. It wasn't popular with pinheads upon release, but it seems like it still sold well as it was manufactured for three years.

#778 7 years ago

Got the Banshee figure and just would like to get clarification on how people have mountrd this and where. Existing screws in the back or something? Use the stand that comes with the figure or where to attach to the banshee and with what? Thanks.

#779 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Got the Banshee figure and just would like to get clarification on how people have mountrd this and where. Existing screws in the back or something? Use the stand that comes with the figure or where to attach to the banshee and with what? Thanks.

There are pictures and descriptions in past posts, just look for the pictures as you scan the pages.

#780 7 years ago

Thanks Paul, I found it. Where do I find those L brackets? Hopefully those holes in the back billboard are present on the pro. Does anybody know if they are?

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where do I find those L brackets? Hopefully those holes in the back billboard are present on the pro. Does anybody know if they are?

You can get the brackets from any hardware store.The holes are there(were on mine anyway) behind the plastic,just pull the playfield forward and take a look at the backside

#782 7 years ago

I have noticed on other threads that the play angle of a machine can really change the dynamics of the game. Well I had some time and I started messing with the Avatar. I used the pinguy app that I downloaded on my ipad mini, calibrated it on the floor, took the glass of the machine and nestled the ipad just above the flippers. I raised the back legs to make the playfield 6.5 degrees and it honestly plays much better. I think I had it set closer to 6.0.

If anyone gets a chance I'd be interested in hearing what your playfield angle is.

#784 7 years ago

Woo hoo! Avatar in the house! Just doing some lamp checks and coil tests. Had to replace 2 lamps that were out. Have a question about the link gate. The coil to raise it works great but the solenoid that releases it back down doesn't work all the time. What would cause it not to release all the time? In coil test it works sometimes and I have not seen it work in the game yet. You can hear the solenoid click but it's like it's too tight and not releasing it. There's got to be some kind of adjustment there.

#785 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Woo hoo! Avatar in the house! Just doing some lamp checks and coil tests. Had to replace 2 lamps that were out. Have a question about the link gate. The coil to raise it works great but the solenoid that releases it back down doesn't work all the time. What would cause it not to release all the time? In coil test it works sometimes and I have not seen it work in the game yet. You can hear the solenoid click but it's like it's too tight and not releasing it. There's got to be some kind of adjustment there.

Welcome to the club, Pro or LE. I've never had any problems with mine. Have you looked at the mech. from the underside yet? Are you going to be modding your game?

#786 7 years ago

Thanks it's a pro. Yes I have mods, banshee & some NAVI characters, and the jarhead dude for the amp figure. LEDs and the OCD later for sure. I figured out the fork finger adjusts how much the latch catches the bottom of the armature so I just adjusted that up a little so it doesn't catch as much and the solenoid has a easier time moving the latch. All is good, I need to read up on the rules. This game is in very nice condition, unmolested except for the SDTM spring and left outlane raiser. Looks NIB but still has about 1400 plays.

#787 7 years ago

Sounds like you have a good handle on the game, wow that's not many plays on it. Have you read all 16 pages of the topic?

#788 7 years ago

I read all 16 pages but need more time with the rules and strategy details. Also looking thru the owners manual on Stern Pinball, seems incomplete, doesn't list switch details, lamp insert details, or GI lighting details. Have you noticed that? Is there a more complete manual? Is there a more formal rules and strategy description anywhere? Thanks.

#789 7 years ago

Here is a link to the manual
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/avatar/avatar

umm i didnot read the post correct

#790 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Is there a more complete manual? Is there a more formal rules and strategy description anywhere?

Not that I know of.

#791 7 years ago

Yes compared to the LOTR manual the Avatar manual sucks. The writers at Stern should be embarrassed. Should be pretty easy to copy the last manual and make the necessary changes.

#792 7 years ago

Does anybody have a complete manual on file they could share, pdf? Does anyone know if the ones for sale at Marco are complete? Besides the items mentioned above it would also be nice to have electrical schematics. Left town camping all weekend so no pinball till Monday, was only able to play a hand full of games on the new Avatar so just itching to learn more about this game.

#793 7 years ago

The stern link above gives you the whole manual in pdf

Post 789 above

#794 7 years ago

It's not a complete manual, see post 788.

#795 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It's not a complete manual, see post 788.

Well heck, you are right. I just compared my paper with the electronic and it is missing the first 48 pages. How lame is that?

Shoot me your email address via PM

#796 7 years ago

Sorry to ask again, but the L bracket used to mount the Banshee, what is the name of this bendable metal with the holes? Sure it's a L bracket and can probably be found at my local HD but this particular stuff is bendable and a lot of mods are used with it, just want to know the proper name/term. Thanks.

#797 7 years ago

There is no proper name for it, any L bracket can be bent.

#798 7 years ago

I actually made it different so it hang over the backboard (no drilling required in the plastic backboard then)

#799 7 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I actually made it different so it hang over the backboard (no drilling required in the plastic backboard then)

I'd like to see how you did it if you can post a picture.

#800 7 years ago

Sweet, got the Banshee mounted! Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to mount a few NAVI figures. Playing a lot of games, figuring out the rules, this game is a lot of fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Flagstaff, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.