(Topic ID: 95421)

Avatar Club: Open to Owners and the interested.

By MustangPaul

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,967 posts
  • 178 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Nicoli125
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20240323_191249121 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240323_191332409 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240318_195546597 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_223015108 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240321-212313 (resized).png
PXL_20240321_222956431 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240321_222431737~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240318_195556834 (resized).jpg
IMG_9126 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9125 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9124 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9123 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4370 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4367 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 40.
#651 8 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Played an Avatar in the wild today. Rocked it for 213 million and 75 million in final battle. So fun! Didn't know what was going on while in multiball frenzy. Always thought this game was under rated. Now I am sure.
Would like to play an LE!

Well you could stop over to my house and play mine.

#652 8 years ago

Nice score leafan that's massive!!

#653 8 years ago

New to the club. Picked up a Pro in a multipin deal with IM and BDK. Just testing the waters and getting my butt kicked by this pin. So far this is a pretty fun pin.

#654 8 years ago

Avatar is a great pin. Most people think it's a simple shallow pin. But sound and rules are really good.
James Horner (rip) his music is directly used in the pin, which is great. Cause I think the Avatar OST is one of his masterpieces.
And do not forget the custom voice work of Quaritch!

#655 8 years ago

I think the voice work is outstanding and really pulls you into the game.

#656 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

New to the club. Picked up a Pro in a multipin deal with IM and BDK. Just testing the waters and getting my butt kicked by this pin. So far this is a pretty fun pin.

Welcome, hope ya keep it for a while.

#657 8 years ago

Yeah absolutely, best sound package on a pin ever!

#658 8 years ago

Looking for an Avatar LE?

#659 8 years ago
Quoted from T2play:

Looking for an Avatar LE?

That's gonna be hard to find. You put up a Wanted ad in the Market? But LE is the way to go.

#660 8 years ago

What a great pin, awesome game play and sound package, avatar should definitely be in the top 100

WP_20151219_006.jpgWP_20151219_006.jpg

#661 8 years ago

Congrats on the machine , looks great.

#662 8 years ago

Unfortunately the SDTM from the pops when it was first released left bad feelings towards the machine. After that a lot of people didn't give it a second chance.
Everyone who plays it at my house thinks it's really good and a really fun pin.
I think it will have its day and have an IM type wait a minute that's a good game.

#663 8 years ago

I don't feel it will have an IM-like revival. I think the single ramp, one-way right orbit and basic multiball rules makes for a more limiting game than something like IM. It also doesn't really fight back at you as much as IM so there's less of a visceral type of gameplay experience. It's a good game and underrated in a way (i.e., some people dub it as "Avaturd"), but I don't feel it's going to become a collector favorite like IM has.

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's gonna be hard to find. You put up a Wanted ad in the Market? But LE is the way to go.

What makes the LE a much better pin over the pro?

#665 8 years ago

The pro is almost the same. Gameplay rules, sound, etc... is almost exactly the same
The LE has moving amp feet, moving link pod lid, some extra gi, ramp protectors, navi ball, ramp entry switch, lighted apron, chrome hardware and added figures (colonel in amp suit, 3 navi figures on the left, banshee over the ramp), a shaker, playfield rails and a number plaque.

#666 8 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The pro is almost the same. Gameplay rules, sound, etc... is almost exactly the same
The LE has moving amp feet, moving link pod lid, some extra gi, ramp protectors, navi ball, ramp entry switch, lighted apron, chrome hardware and added figures (colonel in amp suit, 3 navi figures on the left, banshee over the ramp), a shaker, playfield rails and a number plaque.

Yup you covered it all but the rules are different because of the Navi ball which doubles the scoring for that ball and it has it's own call out for it too and the chrome is beautiful show quality chrome too.

#667 8 years ago

Yeah so it's nothing too exciting so if I could pickup a pro for a good price then I should look at getting it

#668 8 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Yeah so it's nothing too exciting so if I could pickup a pro for a good price then I should look at getting it

Probably.

#669 8 years ago

Avatar is my son's favorite game. I have been working on a lit up target bank with Kristin from Mezelmods. It should be available soon. It's blue all the time and flashes green when the amp suit flasher goes off.20151207_141240.jpg20151207_141240.jpg20151207_140953.jpg20151207_140953.jpg

#670 8 years ago

Looks good. I would pick mod up. It will make a beautiful game that much more pretty

#671 8 years ago

That's really awesome. The target bank was one of the more boring aspects of the playfield for me, and the light really makes it come alive. Nicely done!

#672 8 years ago

Yeah that mod does look cool

3 weeks later
#673 8 years ago

Anyone modded their Avatar ramp with side glow fibre optic light tubing like the Tron Eli ramp mod? I just came across some on ebay and its quite cheap so bought some to play with along with a blue light souce to power it. Was thinking of adding it to Avatars ramp and either having it on all the time or tied into a flasher. Only thing holding me back is drilling the ramp. Anyone done this or thought about it?

#674 8 years ago

Have you seen my posts about putting led strips on my ramps? I super glued them on. With the stuff you have drilling is about the only way to put it on. Get the really small wire ties so the holes don't have to be that big and also buy a back up ramp while their still available from Marco.

#675 8 years ago

Hi Avatar Club,
i´ve a 2nd run Avatar pro and updated the GameCode (downloaded from sternpinball.com) to 1.10, but it doesn´t work ... Tested many things (different USB Devices, different internet connections for the download), but every time I update, it runs perfect till it says "reboot" - then the Pin hangs up --> A friend of mine told me I can test an other gamecode (X-MAN Pro) --> and this one runs perfect, so the gamecode on the Stern website isn´t working on the 2nd run Avatar pro ...
Can you please upload the gamecode for the second run Avatar for me?
(CPU Board: 520-5246-02 BootRom: V2.0)
Would be very very nice.
thanks a lot and greetings from Germany/Stuttgart
Heiko

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#676 8 years ago
Quoted from kinghalfter:

Hi Avatar Club,
i´ve a 2nd run Avatar pro and updated the GameCode (downloaded from sternpinball.com) to 1.10, but it doesn´t work ... Tested many things (different USB Devices, different internet connections for the download), but every time I update, it runs perfect till it says "reboot" - then the Pin hangs up --> A friend of mine told me I can test an other gamecode (X-MAN Pro) --> and this one runs perfect, so the gamecode on the Stern website isn´t working on the 2nd run Avatar pro ...
Can you please upload the gamecode for the second run Avatar for me?
(CPU Board: 520-5246-02 BootRom: V2.0)
Would be very very nice.
thanks a lot and greetings from Germany/Stuttgart
Heiko

Nice for you to join us. Wish I could help but I have a first run LE.

#677 8 years ago

When is the manufacture date on your machine? Later runs need a different set of code due to hardware differences. Check the code readme file on the Stern website, it should be detailed there.

#678 8 years ago

My manufacturing date is Feb 04 2013
I know now that there are different Avatar pros out there
The first run: CPU Bd. No.: 520-5246-00 U9 Boot ROM: V3.1
second run: CPU Bd. No.: 520-5246-02 U9 Boot ROM: V2.0

So i think, the download on the website is only for avatar CPU Bd. 520-5246-00
Because XMEN has the same config like avatar 2nd run and when i install XMEN it's starting...

So all i need is somebody with the second run avatar (with CPU 520-5246-02 and Boot ROM V2.0) who can backup his gamecode and upload it. If somebody would do that und my avatar is working after that, i would send some money via paypal to him

#679 8 years ago
Quoted from kinghalfter:

My manufacturing date is Feb 04 2013
I know now that there are different Avatar pros out there
The first run: CPU Bd. No.: 520-5246-00 U9 Boot ROM: V3.1
second run: CPU Bd. No.: 520-5246-02 U9 Boot ROM: V2.0
So i think, the download on the website is only for avatar CPU Bd. 520-5246-00
Because XMEN has the same config like avatar 2nd run and when i install XMEN it's starting...
So all i need is somebody with the second run avatar (with CPU 520-5246-02 and Boot ROM V2.0) who can backup his gamecode and upload it. If somebody would do that und my avatar is working after that, i would send some money via paypal to him

Put up a Want Ad post, it will be seen by a lot of people.

#681 8 years ago

the bling blades look great, do they install the same as mirrors or are they stickers??
can you post pics of them installed in an Avatar machine please so we can see what they look like installed?

#682 8 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

the bling blades look great, do they install the same as mirrors or are they stickers??

They are stickers. $75. The Blade Skins are $150.

#683 8 years ago

I think they look great!Going to have to order a set

#684 8 years ago

I don´t want to get on someones nerve, but could you guys please check your Avatar Pin if you have an 2nd run AVatar (Board: 520-5246-02 with BootROM: V2.0 installed?)
If somebody has this config (every 2nd run Avatar), could you please backup your gamecode and upload it for me? I would trade 10$ via Paypal for getting this gamecode backup! But it has to be this config! The Gamecode on Sterns Website or the first run Avatar doens´t work on this
Greetings from frustrated, not playing Avatar
Heiko

SAM_comp_(resized).jpgSAM_comp_(resized).jpg

#685 8 years ago

Can't stern help you out with this? Have you trailed calling or mailing them?

#686 8 years ago

I did - but no reply yet

#687 8 years ago

Does anybody know if you can modify the Sully link bed to operate like the LE?

#688 8 years ago

Fun game, I'd love to own one someday. If anyone in Colorado is selling LMK, thanks!

#689 8 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Does anybody know if you can modify the Sully link bed to operate like the LE?

I don't think so cuz you need the LE code for it to operate.

#690 8 years ago

Listing my Avatar LE for sale. This game has received a lot of love. If you know anyone looking, please spread the word. Will also be listing my Stern 24. Maybe that will sell first so I can hang on to Avatar. Making room for another title. One them needs to go.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-avatar-le-stern-2010-2013

#691 8 years ago

My Avatar is running again a guy from another forum sended me the gamecode 2.00 for the Avatar 2nd run.
Hell yeah, good to play some avatar again
If anybody needs the gamecode 2.0 for the CPU 520-5246-02 and the ybootrom V2.0 he can send me a PM!
Greetings and much thanks to MustangPaul (sorry for disturbing you so hard)
Greetings
Heiko

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#692 8 years ago

That's GREAT Heiko. This is why I started the club so we could help each other out

#693 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I got my Avatar LE last night and when I did a Pinside search I couldn't find a Avatar club so I thought I'd start one where owners and the interested could come and talk about the game. Mine is #121 and in beautiful shape save for a one inch long scratch on the left side of the cab. It has an upgraded speaker kit and you'd swear the shaker is active all the time. LOL Also has the warm filter over the light in the bb and the anti SDTM mod. Question, is the OCD board the only solution for the pf insert strobing?
That's all I have for now, I hope to see more owners and the interested come and share in the fun.

What exactly is the straight down the middle mod?

#694 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

What exactly is the straight down the middle mod?

It's a wire spring that you put on a post that tips the ball out as it comes out of the pops so it doesn't go SDTM. There are pictures of it in earlier posts.

1 week later
#695 8 years ago

I am hosting a league meet this weekend, how do you completely turn off extra balls? I have extra balls set to none and went through every setting making sure nothing was set to give an extra ball ( specials/replays/competition mode on ) yet in a test game I just received an extra ball, I believe it was given by Eywa but I may have been mistaken.

#696 8 years ago

Anyone?

#697 8 years ago

Setting extra balls to "none" should do the trick. Might want to double check the setting.

Worst-case, see if there's a way to set it to award a credit. Points is an option, but I'm not sure how unbalancing those are. It's big on some games, small on others.

Or, make a ruling that if an extra ball is received, the player must full-plunge it and not touch the machine after. That's how leagues often handle extra ball scenarios (at least in terms of EBs that can't be played.. in my league, it's play one EB, then full plunge all others).

#698 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Setting extra balls to "none" should do the trick. Might want to double check the setting.
Worst-case, see if there's a way to set it to award a credit. Points is an option, but I'm not sure how unbalancing those are. It's big on some games, small on others.
Or, make a ruling that if an extra ball is received, the player must full-plunge it and not touch the machine after. That's how leagues often handle extra ball scenarios (at least in terms of EBs that can't be played.. in my league, it's play one EB, then full plunge all others).

Its definetly set to none but I will try your sugestion, only thing is you can set replays and specials to give credits etc but there is no option to stop eywa dishing it out as a random award. Usually setting tournament to yes would stop extra ball as a random award but it seems not on this machine. I will go through the settings again and tripple check everything but as a last resort it will be as you said, plunge only on extra balls if they can't be disabled, thats how our league works here too.

Thanks

Kev

#699 8 years ago

I have an Avatar pro coming up for sale if anyone is interested.

Scott

#700 8 years ago

So I just got the service manual for Avatar and it seems less complete than the LOTR manual. I find it hard to accept that service manual written in 2003 is more informative than one written in 2010.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
There are 1,967 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 40.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-club-open-to-owners-and-the-interested/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.