pasted_image (resized).png
C16DBE09-3271-4CF8-9202-58C7A16BC36E (resized).jpeg
FF3BA3DB-E012-423D-AC32-F381D89BA67D (resized).jpeg
IMG_20221204_023731 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221204_015512 (resized).jpg
IMG_20221204_015629 (resized).jpg
20220910_124842 (resized).jpg
14A2B410-EB5D-4609-822F-6AC5A1495585 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homerebw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 1 year ago

I haven't seen a James Cameron movie that I didn't like. I'll take those odds.

I remember going into Avatar 1 completely blind, all while wearing ridiculous glasses. I thought "I paid money to watch a movie and wear glasses?" The opening scene with Jake getting out of his cryogenic bed, all the little details in that scene added so much to the 3D affect. I was hooked. It's still the best 3D movie I've seen in theaters.

I expect nothing different with Avatar 2. I'm going into it with semi-high hopes of it being good. Visually the movie looks phenomenal. But this time I know what to expect. I hope James throws me a curveball and does something different with the 3D.

I have tickets for opening night, we shall see.

#172 1 year ago

If you enjoyed the first Avatar you’ll enjoy the second. The 3D didn’t bring anything new that I could notice. However the entire movies visuals were drop. dead. gorgeous. I can’t even begin to know how they made this film. Hands down worth going to see.

I know he’s heavily invested in the Avatar universe. I hope we can see a new IP from him after these are done.

#192 1 year ago

$435 million on its first weekend worldwide. Yea, it’s safe to say they will make their 2 billion back.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But are they really gonna make 3 more of these things?!? At 10 years a movie?

Avatar 3 is already filmed. They are working on post production now. It’s supposed to be out in Dec 2024.

Personally I think 5 Avatar movies is too long. A trilogy would work better. But if it keeps making money why stop? Case in point - The Fast and the Furious films.

#201 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Avatar way of water is one of the worst movies I have seen this year, and I watch a TON of movies.
CGI. Fight sequence. CGI. Fight sequence.
Rinse, repeat.
It was poorly done, and I don't recommend it.

I’m not sure what you were expecting when going into this film. If you’ve seen the first movie you know majority of it is CGI. Not sure why you’d think Avatar 2 would be different.

1 month later
#320 1 year ago

$2 billion in less than 2 months. I’d consider that a very successful movie.

Sure many of you didn’t like the movie but you have to admit, that amount of money in that short amount of time is impressive.

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But how is that possible when nobody cosplays avatar and also go woke go broke ?!

Haha. True you don’t see many Avatar cosplay. There might be more once more movies come out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider homerebw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avatar-2-flop-or-not?tu=homerebw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.