Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LordCrom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

How much longer can I expect to reliably find an AC/DC & IM Pro new in box for purchase? I would like to get both machines NIB but won't be able to pull the trigger on both for roughly 6 months. How long before Stern stops producing one or both? Which one is more likely to stop production first and become unavailable? I know that AC/DC is getting long in the tooth on the production line and I don't know what the plans of production are on a Vault edition machine. After picking up those two, I'd like to purchase Star Trek and TWD, but I'm sure I have up words of 2-3 years before I have to worry about those being produced, right?

On a side note, what were your feelings the very first time you received a NIB delivery of a pin? I can only imagine how great of a feeling it must be. To realize you are the very first individual to own that machine. How different is the feeling from picking up a previously owned machine?

Thank you in advance.

#2 5 years ago
#3 5 years ago
#4 5 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

My first NIB pin was STLE and that was this past July. My feelings were excitement and my thoughts were "How do I get this 250 pound thing out of the box and get the legs on it".

sounds like I should invest in one of those pinball dollies first.

#5 5 years ago

I cant quite remember but I *think* our stern tour guide said that the AC/DC license runs out at the end of this year. And he might have even said that the Marvel license runs out too...

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

I cant quite remember but I *think* our stern tour guide said that the AC/DC license runs out at the end of this year. And he might have even said that the Marvel license runs out too...

Meaning possibly that both machines would stop production on December 31st? That wouldn't leave me a lot of time.

#7 5 years ago

Yes I also heard from my distributor that ACDC will stop being produced at the end of this year.

#8 5 years ago

Your best bet is to contact some distributors. Pm zdoor,(Gio) from Pinball Refinery he's in Templeton, not too far from your location . He'll answer your questions. He's also cool to deal with.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Yes I also heard from my distributor that ACDC will stop being produced at the end of this year.

Yikes, I wanted to make IM my first purchase, now I'm thinking I should make it ACDC

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Claremont, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside