(Topic ID: 183153)

Automotive Hack of the day! Funny

By vdojaq

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

11160008_930300207030542_6480701355244893555_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_1655 (resized).PNG
    untitled.pngChev truck cut box (resized).png
    CYXAmtOWwAADobhToolBox (resized).jpg
    4617383554_6a6f1a4a39_o (resized).jpg
    4x4 2 (resized).jpg
    4x4 (resized).jpg
    hack (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 7 years ago

Quick story from an old coworker...he swore it was a true story, but funny either way...

Old coworker who was a mechanic for a fair number of years; lady comes in with car running poorly and smoking like crazy. She had concerns about the oil. She,said it must be loosing a lot because of how much she had to put in...she said she kept having to buy more and more oil to get it filled up.....

Apparently...she thought you filled oil like you would fill wash fluid or a radiator...she bought a bunch of the big jugs and poured into top of engine till full !!!!

Now, idk if true story or not....but it was was a pretty funny WTF story when he told it.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from Joker2415:

ummmm? reminds me of a guy that put a quart of oil in his girl friends car every couple of days for about 2 months. Then one day decides to pull it in his friends shop, put it on the rack to see where this leak is. Ya? The oil filter had actually rusted a hole through it! That tells you how often I changed oil and filters in our vehicles! They still remind me of that every now and again even 20 years later. "i've been around cars my whole liife, and you are the only one that I've ever seen have an oil filter rot through"

That's pretty good one! I will use same theory I used when I found my truck had a small hole rusted thru the rear differential cover:

Wtf! It's full of oil! How the hell did it rust out!! Lol.

Now, of couse I know it rusted from outside in....still, oil filter rusted beats mine!

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

My mom and sister checked the oil in her car when dad was away on business and proceeded to add a quart of oil...drop by drop...down the dipstick tube...

Hey! At least it went in the correct place

#35 7 years ago

Pringles!!!

When I was younger, my exhaust broke...and I was broke.
    I cut open several pop cans, wrapped around the broken pipe and put a couple hose clamps on. Only lasted a few days...so I did it a few times

Made it till a got paid a few bucks and could buy a flex pipe and muffler clamps.....not much bettet, but at least my exhaust didn't say pepsi on it any more

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Not really a hack, but...
    I went to college in La Crosse, WI. Me and 2 buddies stole this car from our roommate and took it to Florida for spring break (we couldn't find him that day and we were in a hurry). It got better gas mileage than our cars did. It had holes in the floorboards and dash(we drove huddled in sleeping bags). The passenger door was held closed by a bungee cord. On the way home, the alternator was going, we found a junk yard that had the part and the owner felt so bad for us that he lent us the tools to change it in the parking lot.
    We left town with $220 between the three of us, 6 quarts of Catherine the Great Vodka, a loaf of bread, and a jar of peanut butter. We made it to Daytona Beach and back in that car.

That's awesome! Go GHIA!!

#54 7 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

That model of Ghia has a back seat. Not large or comfortable, but better than the breeze you felt in the front seat.

Love those little things. Im a big and tall guy so probably couldn't fit in one again these days....but they have a style!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/automotive-hack-of-the-day-funny?tu=pacmanretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.