6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by huo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Currently I have RF controllers that turn on plugs in my basement. Its bad ass because I like the feeling of my whole arcade being on while I’m in it. I don’t think its necessary anymore to make a switch that turns it on/off requiring an electrician. Last year I was on the fence about the network connected power plugs that worked with Alexa. They were over 50$ a piece. Now around 20$.

Has anyone looked into these plugs? Just making sure they are somewhat future proof with an iphone, alexa or possibly a local computer can turn them on/off without having to worry about an app not being updated in the future. Any recommendations on a brand or model?

#2 6 years ago

Zigbee protocol devices are good, and work with Alexa. They are highly customizable and it uses a standard so future proof. Since it is a protocol many companies can use “zigbee” in their devices so you’ll see iris, GE as examples.

#3 6 years ago

I've got a handful of these smartplugs. I have both TP Link ones and Wemo - I much prefer the Wemo. I absolutely love them and plan on buying a bunch more.

#4 6 years ago

Can you make a script so one command to Alexa turns on multiple plugs?

1 week later
    #5 6 years ago

I ended up getting a Wemo mini for Christmas. Setup was easy and works very quickly with Amazon Echo for turning on and off. Planning to get more for the rest of my arcade. Would like to figure out how to do 1 voice command to turn on all wemos(possible) but also play music without the extra commands.(iftt doesn’t seem to allow it.)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/automated-arcade-startup-and-shutdown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.