You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hobbit (resized).JPG
post photo 2 (resized).jpg
post photo 1 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I have a Domino's Spectacular pinball machine, 2017, low plays. I accidentally pulled the wires off the auto launcher pulling up the play field. I hand wrapped the wires back and it worked a few times before blowing the fuse.. I then replaced the solenoid and soldered the connection . It only blows the fuse when I turn on the machine. I have it unconnected now and just play without the auto launcher. What am I doing wrong.

thank you

post photo 1 (resized).jpgpost photo 1 (resized).jpgpost photo 2 (resized).jpgpost photo 2 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Put the wires back in the correct spot ?

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from greathobby:

What am I doing wrong.

Does it blow with the playfield up ? If not, coil lugs are hitting metal when in the game.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from greathobby:

What am I doing wrong.

Here is a picture from Hobbit, is your coil upside down ?

hobbit (resized).JPGhobbit (resized).JPG
#5 2 years ago

what are the coil lugs? you mean the two prongs? also, I turned the coil upside down and I think it worked until I put the table down. not sure . I turned them right side up after the fuse blew. will turn up side down again in the morning and see how it works again with the table up.

cant see what could be touching.

thank you

#6 2 years ago

You MUST get the correct wire onto the correct terminal on the coil.

If you put them on the wrong way around you WILL damage the driver transistor on the main board. Notice the coil terminals have a diode across them - the correct wire MUST got to the banded end of that diode.

It sounds like you are well out of your depth with this. I strongly advise you get technical help to repair it or it is going to get very expensive, very quickly.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from greathobby:

it worked until I put the table down.

Then it sounds like the two prongs ( coil lugs the wires solder to ) are coming in contact with the lockdown bar receiver.

You might heed pins4u 's advice.

#8 2 years ago

Thank you, I have the charts and understand about the how the power goes to the banded side of diode. and the power is blue . I think it is a little deeper than what you just mentioned.

#9 2 years ago

you said " You MUST get the correct wire onto the correct terminal on the coil.' that part is easy. On this machine the Switch Matrix chart and Light matrix and wiring chart are easy to read. I just can't tell if you put the solenoid upside down or not. I will look into the " coil lugs the wires solder to ) are coming in contact with the lockdown bar receiver. in the morning .

thanks guys, really appreciate you help

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from greathobby:

you said " You MUST get the correct wire onto the correct terminal on the coil.' that part is easy. On this machine the Switch Matrix chart and Light matrix and wiring chart are easy to read. I just can't tell if you put the solenoid upside down or not. I will look into the " coil lugs the wires solder to ) are coming in contact with the lockdown bar receiver. in the morning .
thanks guys, really appreciate you help

I don't think you are understanding - the coil wires have NOTHING to do with the switch or light matrix. The upside down or not for the coil doesn't affect which wire must go to the correct terminal - it just might help the terminals on the coil from touching metal parts when the playfield is lowered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/autolauncher-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.