• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BasD
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hello,

A few weeks ago I bought a baywatch machine. It was not cleaned in 15 years so i decided to give it a good maintance. Replaced all the lamps , rubbers, replaced the gi connectors, removed everything from the upper pf ect.
Now it looks great but after putting it back together in noticed that the autolauncher is not very strong.

I replaced the coilsleeve and plunger. It is nicely in place and hits the ball right in centre!
Most of the time it slowly shoot the ball in play, once in a while it shoot it hard in play!!!!.???
When I hit multiball the shooterlane gets two balls and I have to stop.

Anybody can help me fix this problem??? Can it be a fuse or something?
Really know idea and have little knowlage of boards( mechanical no problem)

I really hoped to play nice after two weeks of cleaning!! Those metal ramp are a pain to clean:-/

Hope to hear from you.
Greetings,

Bas

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from BasD:

so i decided to give it a good maintance. Replaced all the lamps , rubbers, replaced the gi connectors, removed everything from the upper pf ect.
Now it looks great but after putting it back together in noticed that the autolauncher is not very strong

You say you are no good at board repair. Neither am I . But good for you for doing all the other work. LTG . you can message him and he will help. Good luck.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from BasD:

A few weeks ago I bought a Baywatch machine

I hope some one help you and get this fixed. I shot a video of a 140 pinball machines. Not long to whatch. At about the 2.28 minute mark there is a Baywatch with an alternate Translight of sexy Pamela Anderson . I think you will like it . I did a close up of the machine. Very sexy

#4 10 years ago

BasD - Does your game have too much pitch ? Baywatch cabinet is designed to automatically have 6.5 pitch with all the leg levers at the same height . Fun game when all 3 - skill shots work !

#5 10 years ago

Your post was TL/DR, but based on the thread title, you might want to look into the Boston Method or any of the pharmaceutical remedies. I just go to the apothecary in Chinatown. They'll set you right.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

BasD - Does your game have too much pitch ? Baywatch cabinet is designed to automatically have 6.5 pitch with all the leg levers at the same height . Fun game when all 3 - skill shots work !

Hello, thanks for the suggestion. I tried it right away but without succes. All the levelers are now the same level. Autolaunch is still weak.

Anybody another suggestion?

Rob nice video!

Greetings from the netherlands,

Bas

#7 10 years ago

Hi, also changed the settings from the coilpower in the adjustment menu from normal to hard.
No difference
Even when I set it to soft it does not matter....????

Ltg suggested checking the wires from the coil to the board but I cannot see any damage or something...

Sould changing the coil would be of any help?

The coil is the same as the knocker coil so I think I can swap them...

Hope to play this great machine soon!! I think it is a really neat machine. After a few weeks I even think the translite is great while I first disliked it a bit....

Happy eastern!

Bas

#8 10 years ago

Is the return spring for the plunger correct ? The parts all assembled correct ?

#9 10 years ago

I once had a problem where the alignment of the plunger was off. the plunger tip was protruding too far past the auto launch thingies, so the auto launch never got a full whack at the ball. I believe i changed the plunger spring to a new one and it allowed the ball to come to rest against the autolaunch mech instead of the plunger tip. Not sure if I expressed that very well

#10 10 years ago

I'm curious to hear if there's a resolution here as well. One of my machines had displayed this same symptom in the past; intermittently giving very weak auto-plunges, occasionally even failing to reach the exit gate, although 90+% of the time it would give a perfectly strong plunge.

In my case it seemed like it was a mechanical rather than electrical problem; it felt like the plunger wasn't striking the ball in the right place. Check for any 'slop' in the plunger coil bracket. Run the auto plunger test in the solenoid test menu on repeat for a while; make sure that the tip is retracting properly every time the solenoid fires, look for intermittent differences in behavior.

Good luck... I never figured out what was going on with my machine, but the problem went away after some amount of random tinkering.

#11 10 years ago

Check the coil stop and and the coil bracket to make sure they are holding the coil tightly. If they are loose at all they will rob you of power. You mentioned you did a rebuild so maybe the brackets aren't as tight as they could be. I had the same problem on T2, turned out there was too much rom for the coil to move.

#12 10 years ago

Hello,

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions! I really appriciate it. I find this forum always very friendly.

I changed the coil AND it now launch the ball much better.
I also raised the entire laucherbracket and put a leveler under the end of the wireframe.
Not perfect yet but at least all the balls get into play.

When trying the 2 th and 3th skillshot the magnetcoil is only open for a fraction of a second??
So when the ball is there the metalpiece stops the ball.....so if anybody has a idea to solve this :-/ ???

When looking for more info Also found this so I now know I am not the only one with the problem...
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyones-baywatch-skill-shot-work-100

To be continuted..
Greetings

Bas

#13 10 years ago

Hello,

Just wanted to you know that the launcher now work good.
I changed to coil settings from hard to normal and now the top ballgate stays open much longer!
So I am very pleased that the machine now ready.

It really is a fun game to play and that large dmd is great!!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions on the forum.
Greetings,

Bas

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.00
$ 24.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 22.50
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/autolaunch-weak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.