Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 53 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by mnpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

joker.jpg
    !!!!nordman.jpg
    There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

I've never been to an autograph session before and was wondering what the proper etiquette is if you want something singed.

What can be signed?
    (Translite/Flyer/Playfield plastic?)

Do I need to bring a special marker?

Is there a fee?

Pardon my ignorance.....

#2 11 years ago

Bring anything you want. They usually have ample markers but I would bring one with if you want a special color or ink or anything.

They usually sign just about anything.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

and yes its free.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bring anything you want. They usually have ample markers but I would bring one with if you want a special color or ink or anything.
    They usually sign just about anything.
    LTG

Awesome!
    Thanks so much, LTG.
    Wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be 'that guy' at the sessions.
    See you all there.

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

I've never been to an autograph session before and was wondering what the proper etiquette is if you want something singed.
    What can be signed?(Translite/Flyer/Playfield plastic?)
    Is there a fee?
    Pardon my ignorance.....

Anyone know if there is a confirmed list of who is going to be there?

#6 11 years ago

what do people usually have signed? Are backglasses recommended?

#7 11 years ago

Anyone know what is a good number of things to get signed? 2 or 3 or 4? And yes it would be awesome to find out who is going to be at the autograph session so I can bring the right stuff to get signed.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Anyone know if there is a confirmed list of who is going to be there?

I'll be signing Pin Footies in the fourth shitter stall in the west restroom.

#9 11 years ago

do you sign the bottom or the sides? I may need to throw some clear on there after so it doesnt scratch off when i move em

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That's a relief. I thought I was going to miss out this year. I hear the fourth stall is the nicest one too.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Awesome!
    Thanks so much, LTG.
    Wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be 'that guy' at the sessions.
    See you all there.

Its a pinball convention. We are all "That guy" LOL

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

If you can't remember which stall, look for the one with the "wide stance"... yikes

#13 11 years ago

I don't think I have the ability to actually walk up to a dude and ask for his autograph.. I'll probably have my son do it..

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

I don't think I have the ability to actually walk up to a dude and ask for his autograph.. I'll probably have my son do it..

I too am nervous about that.
    Never gotten an autograph from anyone before.
    But my gut tells me this is a community where no one is ostracized for being a bit quirky.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

But my gut tells me this is a community where no one is ostracized for being a bit quirky.

Its pretty laid back. I am going to have Pat Lawlor sign my Jurrasic Park Translite

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Its pretty laid back. I am going to have Pat Lawlor sign my Jurrasic Park Translite

Was hoping to get Pat to sign somethig from my Whirlwind.
    Maybe one of the clear ramp covers so it will stay protected inside the game.

I'm so excited for my first big expo. Wish i could go for more than just Saturday.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Is he going to be there for sure? I would bring my rbion translite if he is.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Will you be wearing crocs!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from EmptyLogic:

If it's at the autograph session, no problem.

If he's in the Expo hall visiting - wait until there is a break in conversation and ask.

If he's eating with family or friends - don't ask.

LTG

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Is he going to be there for sure? I would bring my rbion translite if he is.

Check the schedule - Pat will be there.

LTG

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

Just be respectful and no problem. If they say no - find someone else.

LTG

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Beechwood:

Why? He didn't design that game.

#23 11 years ago

I'm going to have lawlor sign my cyclone playfield. and I'm going to have him sign it 'Python Anghelo'

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

He kinda did, but he called it Whirlwind.

#25 11 years ago

Just don't ask Steve Ritchie to sign a shuttle toy...christ...

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ranhorton:

What can be signed?
    (Translite/Flyer/Playfield plastic?)
    Is there a fee?
    Pardon my ignorance.....

You mean "sung"?

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from smokey_789:

You mean "sung"?

Bingo.
    I've read that pinball designers have fantastic singing voices.
    I'm hoping Pat Lawlor will sing The Addams Family theme song for me.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I know, but it has been called "the poor mans Addams Family" so many times I thought it might be funny... and make my JP a little less "poor"

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

and yes its free.

No, not free. It is "included" with your admission. Of course no one is checking for name tags or wrist bands so I guess you could come to the Westin North Shore and just get some autographs without paying for expo admission.

#30 11 years ago

well yes you have to have expo admission . We actually are checking for arm bands more this year to to major abuse of people going to seminars.. WE never ever have a real list of people coming. we ask many but do to life and jobs etc its getting harder to get some to come as they are no longer in the pinball bussiness.. we hope for the best always an d usually have good turn out.. also A good item to have signed is a flyer.. you can bring your own or I sell then right inside expo door... have most all available .the signatures are free sorry for confusion

#31 11 years ago

Don't be timid about asking any of us game designers for autographs, most of us will sign anything except something from another designer's game. Lloyd's rules (more like guidelines!) will work. Hell, I've even signed boobs before (but I won't sign man-boobs!) I'll be at the Whizbang booth most of the time and also at the autograph session if you want any of your stuff defaced with my signature. If you don't know me, I'm 6'4", grey beard and WAY better looking than Brian Kelly.

Dennis

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from DennisNordman:

Don't be timid about asking any of us game designers for autographs, most of us will sign anything except something from another designer's game. Lloyd's rules (more like guidelines!) will work. Hell, I've even signed boobs before (but I won't sign man-boobs!) I'll be at the Whizbang booth most of the time and also at the autograph session if you want any of your stuff defaced with my signature. If you don't know me, I'm 6'4", grey beard and WAY better looking than Brian Kelly.
    Dennis

LOL.

"No Moobs Allowed" sign at the Wizbang booth.

#33 11 years ago

My suggestion would be for each person at the autograph session to have a name plate in front of them so you know who they are. Even a printed up list of the games they have worked on would be nice.

No offense, but it's not like pinball designing is a job that makes you a recognizable person (like an actor or sports star). A lot of designers are really admired for their work, but I wouldn't recognize many of them if they would knock on my door and ask me to loan them some Novus 2.

#34 11 years ago

Dennis

Nope don't be timid!!

Hey Dennis,
    Since you have already signed both my boobs which line do I get in? I think the official Dennis Nordman Fan Club line will be pretty long this year...since there are sooo many of us Big Foot groupies!

Looking forward to seeing you and Greg at the Whiz Bang booth!! Is Melanie gonna make an appearance for all her fans?

Phoebe

#35 11 years ago

DugFreez - There is a small card with a name on it at the autograph session, but it can't be read unless you are standing right in front of it. Mike, it would be a good idea to print up some larger name signs for each designer/artist.
    Phoebe - Please get in all the lines, I'd say you have room for more autographs. Melonie won't be there in person but her sister Ellen will!

#36 11 years ago

DugFreez - There is a small card with a name on it at the autograph session, but it can't be read unless you are standing right in front of it. Mike, it would be a good idea to print up some larger name signs for each designer/artist.
    Phoebe - Please get in all the lines, I'd say you have room for more autographs. Melonie won't be there in person but her sister Ellen will!

Thanks for the info Dennis. I didn't remember the name cards, but the week sometimes has a tendency to be a bit of a blur. I'm sure the autograph session is sometimes the same way for you...A big, fleshy, jiggly, "there's always room for 1 more autograph" blur.

#37 11 years ago

If you don't know me, I'm 6'4", grey beard and WAY better looking than Brian Kelly.
    Dennis

I heard that, AH.

#38 11 years ago

okay will work on BIGGER signs

#39 11 years ago

Dennis

Dennis couldn't have been any nicer when I first met him in 2010.

!!!!nordman.jpg!!!!nordman.jpg

#40 11 years ago

Hell, I've even signed boobs before (but I won't sign man-boobs!)
    Dennis

There goes my plans.

#41 11 years ago

Thanks Les, but what the hell is wrong with my finger in that picture? I haven't stuck it in a snowblower in years.

#42 11 years ago

Thanks Les, but what the hell is wrong with my finger in that picture? I haven't stuck it in a snowblower in years.

Well, that picture was taken a couple of years ago now...

#43 11 years ago

Maybe those big juicy melons are having an "anti-gravity" effect on your finger

#44 11 years ago

Bad photoshop job. You are taller than Les in real life. He bulked himself up so he didn't look like a midget.

LTG

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Bad photoshop job. You are taller than Les in real life. He bulked himself up so he didn't look like a midget.
    LTG

Oh, that's right. I am actually standing on a midget for this picture so I could get in frame.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Oh, that's right. I am actually standing on a midget for this picture so I could get in frame.

Was the midget's name Greg ?

I wondered why he wasn't visible in the picture.

LTG

#47 11 years ago

Here's a question for this thread. What are some opinions on having the Translite signed? I'm thinking about having mine signed (if I can talk a guy into bringing them and getting them signed for me). Good idea or bad. If I ever sold the game/s, I would frame the signed translites, and order replacement one/s. would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

#48 11 years ago

I recently bought a game with a signed translite and I'm indifferent to it. Doesn't help or hurt the value as far as I'm concerned.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

Good idea or bad. If I ever sold the game/s, I would frame the signed translites, and order replacement one/s. would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

If the person who signed it, died in a horrible disfiguring tremendous accident that makes CNN world headlines. It could be worth a heck of a lot more later. Especially if it was somebody famous. Like Dennis Nordman.

LTG

#50 11 years ago

" Especially if it was somebody famous. Like Dennis Nordman."

I'm undecided if I want him to sign a napkin, or a condom package. lol

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/autograph-session-at-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.