(Topic ID: 298725)

Auto Plunger Issues

By bigcity1200

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Installed new auto plunger assembly on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles premium and after a few games the ball will not make entire ramp it gets about 30 to 40% of the way. This issue continues if I let the game sit for a while turn it off turn it on, the issue keeps continuing.

Checked the shooter switch and good, the ball lines up perfectly on the auto-plunge. Everything is perfect, but this issue just keeps continuing. Node board 8 possibly or wire harness?

2 weeks later
#2 2 years ago

Well, if things are too tight or too loose it will create drag.

You said its new but weak ? Maybe the old one was fine and its something else?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from bigcity1200:

Installed new auto plunger assembly on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles premium and after a few games the ball will not make entire ramp it gets about 30 to 40% of the way. This issue continues if I let the game sit for a while turn it off turn it on, the issue keeps continuing.
Checked the shooter switch and good, the ball lines up perfectly on the auto-plunge. Everything is perfect, but this issue just keeps continuing. Node board 8 possibly or wire harness?

The auto shooter assembly might have spread open a bit. I had a star trek that did same thing. All you have to do is squeeze the u shaped launcher in a little bit. The ball might only be getting struck on the outside edges. It needs to hit more of the ball for power. Dont go too tight as you would squeeze the shooter rubber tip. If you look at the launcher it looks like a u shape, just shrink the opening.

1 month later
#4 2 years ago

I continue to have this issue. I simply wipe the balls, then is normal for a few games, then issue occurs. As if the balls were slipperly and not rolling up the shooter ramp. Its very frustrating.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 7,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,999.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 290.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 52.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auto-plunger-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.