• Latest reply 8 years ago by bigd1979
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

plunger link.jpg
#1 8 years ago

The auto launcher or shooter makes a noise and very weak attempt to shoot the ball but does not even move the ball. It seems to me it is getting power to it of course. I have played pinball for 50 years but have never been great on fixing electronics. I do think I have some common sense so hoping I can get a educated guess on what it may be. It worked fine and then stopped working a while ago. I checked tonight and both of the launch pieces line up with the ball. If you were to guess would you say the coil the coil sleeve or a mechanical part?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Tim in Florida

#2 8 years ago

For a start, with your fingers, pull the plunger, does the launcher move back and forth freely ?

Might just need cleaning, coil sleeve, things like that.

LTG : )™

#3 8 years ago

That"s makes sense. It is about as easy as it get for access. I looked at it and everything looked good but didn't think about pulling the plunger. I was thinking right away it was a coil gone bad, but as I started researching I saw where that may not be the problem as the coil seems to be still trying to work.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from Golphin:

That"s makes sense. It is about as easy as it get for access. I looked at it and everything looked good but didn't think about pulling the plunger. I was thinking right away it was a coil gone bad, but as I started researching I saw where that may not be the problem as the coil seems to be still trying to work.

Doubt its the coil probably the the link cracked or broken.

#5 8 years ago

Looks like you guys were correct. I took the coil lose and the plunger link assembly feel out with the clip still on because the plastic piece that attache the launcher to the link going into the coil was broken. I have one on the way. I thought it would be the coil so I had not taken it apart as I was going to get a replacement first. Thanks again for the help.

plunger link.jpgplunger link.jpg

#6 8 years ago

Well Tim ! Looks like you just became a Pin-monkey !

#7 8 years ago

Your welcome lol coils rarely go bad, links yes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Toronto, ON
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auto-launcher-not-working-on-sega-sst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.