New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 272421)

Auto Launch or Plunge Fix Iron Maiden

By EDUB919

86 days ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 86 days ago

I’ve recently discovered the issue with my auto launch hitting the upper left flipper. The coil power settings and pitch/level changes have done nothing to alleviate this issue.

Here is what happened in my particular instance:
The left slingshot has, over the course of time, flung the ball out the right outlane with a great deal of force. The ball smashes against the metal ball guide that separates the right outlane and shooter lane bending it outwards into the shooter lane.

Just enough bend to where the ball clips it and bobbles instead of riding smoothly around the curved metal guide through the gate. Bend it back and turn your slingshots down to 15ish. Also check the very end of the curved ball guide under the tip of upper right flipper. It can get mushroomed out from being smashed causing a little bump changing the ball trajectory downwards. File it down flat if needed.

Those are the two main factors in how consistently your auto plunge will make it around the orbit instead of bricking. Hopefully this helps solve a frustrating issue that hasn’t been addressed from the same perspective as what had been causing it for me anyways.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.00
Cabinet - Decals
Top-Notch Target Shields
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside