(Topic ID: 269486)

Auto Insurance give back

By chad

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200728-190009 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 3 years ago

Nothing from State Farm yet. I was expecting around 250.00.

1 week later
    #53 3 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Been saving $60 a month by putting one vehicle in "Storage"

I have been thinking about something like that.

I am self employed, and work a lot of different things. I have a 03 car, 05 suv, and a 88 truck. All are needed at times, but if I could just pinpoint when I may can just "store" something for a while I am ready.

The thing that to me is bullshit is that I am one person. I can not drive all 3 vehicles at the same time, so why is my insurance so high for each one?

(the reason they are so high is because of the 2 mil umbrella policy I have), but I just feel like each vehicle should have a lower coverage for some stuff, while liability should be a separate price that covers all vehicles, because I am never driving more than one at a time.

And 6/6/20 was one of those rare days that I ended up driving all 3 in the same day.

Damn I wish I could plan some "storage" stuff to save money on insurance.

Through the years State Farm has been great at replacing cracked windshields at 0 cost out of my pocket. And they did not go up on me after the boating accident(it was minor), but still, liability should be per person, and not per vehicle.

1 week later
    #56 3 years ago

If Jake from State Farm does not get on the ball and send me a check I will be shopping around for new insurance pretty soon.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from NTXCoog:

Unless... you're willing to do one of those telematic programs where they track how far you drive, where you drive and your driving habits.

The driving habits thing would make my bill triple.

I am safe, accident free, but I drive a tad fast.

I think faster is safer, because I get away from everyone else, and run alone on the road when I can.

1 week later
    #63 3 years ago

I finally got around to calling my State Farm agent. It went to voicemail. I left a message saying this is Johnny ----- and I was just wondering what happened to the 25% checks they were going to send out, and please give me a call back.

I have not heard back yet.

I have been thinking I can use a enclosed utility trailer I already own to do away with 2 vehicles.

I plan now to cancel insurance on 2 out of 3 of my vehicles, but not get rid of anything, just garage for now.

(the older I get the more frugal I am getting, and I have been pretty frugal most of my life anyway).

#64 3 years ago

Also, one vehicle I was using, I was using for longer trips to save on gas. While ago I did the math and the last 6 months I only saved 122.00 on gas, while paying 548.00 insurance on that vehicle.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I finally got around to calling my State Farm agent. It went to voicemail. I left a message saying this is Johnny ----- and I was just wondering what happened to the 25% checks they were going to send out, and please give me a call back.
    I have not heard back yet.

I finally heard back, and there is no check coming. Instead my next payments due are supposed to have the deduction included. (I pay every 6 months).

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from robotron911:

Damn... try Michigan rates. Two cars at 460 per month.

Damn, that makes me feel like I am getting a great deal.

I have a umbrella policy because of my work, and that makes everything go up, but still, 550 average per vehicle per 6 months is under 100.00 a month per vehicle. And that is all full coverage.

I did cancel insurance and tag on one truck, because not needed now. Not selling the truck because may need it again down the road. (I left a note in it to not drive on the road to remind me).

#71 3 years ago

I did cancel insurance and tag on one truck, because not needed now. Not selling the truck because may need it again down the road. (I left a note in it to not drive on the road to remind me).

Within a week of canceling State Farm sent me a check for 191.00. They were prompt with that.

Because I am on 6 month billing, it will still be a while before I know what kind of virus discount I end up with on the other vehicles.

And yes, insurance companies need to be generous and give back, I seen first hand how hardly no one was on the road for several weeks.

1 month later
    #82 3 years ago

I finally heard back, and there is no check coming. Instead my next payments due are supposed to have the deduction included. (I pay every 6 months).

52 days later...a check for 56.01 on my truck came today. Labeled Good Neighbor Relief Program. (state farm).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auto-insurance-give-back?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.