(Topic ID: 269486)

Auto Insurance give back

By chad

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200728-190009 (resized).png
    There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

https://bench.co/blog/operations/car-insurance-covid19/

Has anyone else received a little refund from their respective carriers?
    I got mine ...a whole $ 10.00.
    I won't complain , but for the amount I pay in you'd think it be more.

#2 3 years ago

Have 3 cars insured with Quincy Mutual, received $25 refund per car.

#3 3 years ago

Yeah I can only imagine how many fewer crashes/injuries/deaths there have been because of the shutdown. These insurance companies are banking right now, though I suspect a lot of people don't have money to pay the bills right now.

I actually bought a battery maintainer for my cars because they are getting so little use.

#4 3 years ago

$50 for me/ 2 car policy

#5 3 years ago

I received $110. May not be much in the grand scheme of things, but it all adds up!

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

I received $110. May not be much in the grand scheme of things, but it all adds up!

Nice !

#7 3 years ago

I was told I was getting money back and saw many commercials celebrating their generosity. No action here but I guess that isn't what counts.

#8 3 years ago

Travelers mentioned 15% coming back on my homeowners. I don't have any vehicles to insure so nothing in that department.

#9 3 years ago

Will see once I get it. Supposedly AAA is issuing there policy refund/rebates by end of May.

#10 3 years ago

20% coming back on the 4 cars which are regularly driven and 8% off the homeowners. I am not sure how they arrived at 8%, but I’ll take it.

#11 3 years ago

Yes, I got a whopping $30 a week ago. I must say I expected a little more.

Peanuts compared to the money the government has been giving away.

#12 3 years ago

No rebate , but I’ve got good auto insurance and they will take care of me when I need them . That’s more important than having an insurance company that gives a rebate now ,but gives me a hard time when trying to get my car fixed properly . At least to me it is.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I can only imagine how many fewer crashes/injuries/deaths there have been because of the shutdown. These insurance companies are banking right now, though I suspect a lot of people don't have money to pay the bills right now.
    I actually bought a battery maintainer for my cars because they are getting so little use.

But vehicle break ins and thefts have gone up dramatically.

And yes people are having trouble paying bills. Many companies are not cancelling for non payment.
    Sometimes that is being required by the state.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from NTXCoog:

Many companies are not cancelling for non payment.

And many landlords are not kicking people out for not paying rent. They are just adding it up and someday the entire bill will come due. That is when the reality of this situation will really hit hard.

#15 3 years ago

I have American family... I got $50 for each car under my policy.

#16 3 years ago

Shoot, Im only paying $50 a month, per car with Geico.
    Dont think they are sending anything.

#17 3 years ago

Got $200 back on 5 cars insured through USAA.

#18 3 years ago

Nothing from State Farm yet. I was expecting around 250.00.

#19 3 years ago

Coincedently I changed insurers at the end of April.
    Got $17 and change for a 3 car policy, (last week)
    might have been more if i had changed a month earlier.

#20 3 years ago

My wife's car hasn't moved in 3 months. Nothing from State Farm yet. Although, they did just buy us a new roof on the house from hail damage (our first claim in more than 30 years with them), so maybe they think that's good enough.

#21 3 years ago

USAA gave me about $75 back total for both cars. I only keep the basic insurance required on my 2007 FJ Cruiser. But my wife’s newer Highlander costs a bit.
    But I’ll take $75 back any day.

#22 3 years ago

I just checked and sure enough I got an email from Flo a couple of weeks ago saying that a 20% credit will be posted towards my April bill. They also hinted that this might happen again for May.

#23 3 years ago

Have 3 cars with State Farm. I thought I heard they were going to provide some kind of discount, but the amount of my last two monthly bills haven't changed. I've been thinking of switching anyway. State Farm is too expensive.

#24 3 years ago

I got a $122 credit from USAA for March/April then a second credit of $61 for May.

Then i got my May renewal and they bumped my policy up $300 so forgive me if I am not as excited about this 'rebate' as most.

Didn't see any adjustments to my Haggerty classic car insurance, but its so cheap I was not expecting anything.

#25 3 years ago

I received $225 from AAA. Thought I was going to get 1300 but they only gave 20% of two month premiums not annual. Better than nothing and no complaints. Nothing yet heard about home insurance refunds.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Have 3 cars with State Farm. I thought I heard they were going to provide some kind of discount, but the amount of my last two monthly bills haven't changed. I've been thinking of switching anyway. State Farm is too expensive.

I've been doing a lot of work for State Farm .... Lets just say they spend good money on very nice things,
    I will never give them any of my hard earned cash.

#27 3 years ago

My vehicles are covered under my farm insurance account. As it’s a business policy (that has person vehicles covered) they are not issuing any returns.

#28 3 years ago

With everybody spending all their time at home, what’s the rationale for home insurance rebates?

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

With everybody spending all their time at home, what’s the rationale for home insurance rebates?

I was wondering that myself. Maybe there is a lower risk of home invasion, house burning down, etc. when someone is in the house 24 hours. I always assumed the insurance discounts were just for auto.

#30 3 years ago

I got a one time 50 dollar rebate from nationwide. 3 cars on the policy (2 liability only and 1 full coverage) my house is with them as well.

#31 3 years ago

Auto insurance what now? I got a letter a couple weeks ago saying rates were going up :/

#32 3 years ago

I pay over $4000 a year in insurance (vehicles, house and life insurance but not medical) and had to fight with State Farm over a $40 towing bill that I tried to turn in. I didn't end up getting the money and told them to send all my information to another branch, at least that was some satisfaction since I never wanted to deal with those same people at the old branch again. There always happy to see me come walking in the door but paying out is another story. There all crooks and I expect nothing in return.

John

#33 3 years ago

3 car policy with allstate. Manage to get $74 dollars back first time and $64 the next. Nice for me

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

I pay over $4000 a year in insurance (vehicles, house and life insurance but not medical) and had to fight with State Farm over a $40 towing bill that I tried to turn in. I didn't end up getting the money and told them to send all my information to another branch, at least that was some satisfaction since I never wanted to deal with those same people at the old branch again. There always happy to see me come walking in the door but paying out is another story. There all crooks and I expect nothing in return.

John

My scrapper guy was in an accident ( not his fault) and it took over a year for the auto ins company to pay him. He then was able to get his much needed neck surgery done.

When you owe money , they come quick.

#35 3 years ago

Nationwide must not be on our side. 4 vehicle policy, nothing as of yet.

#36 3 years ago

A whopping $14. for me . Flo must have gotten the rest .

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

John

Insurance companies are your friend, until something goes wrong.

#38 3 years ago

Must be an American thing. I haven’t heard of anyone in Canada getting a rebate.

Although if your now working from home, you should at least call them and let them know your not commuting to work daily.

I should check with my wife, she’s a social worker and often has consumers in her car so her insurance is high. Since the outbreak she hasn’t had people in her car for work.

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Insurance companies are your friend, until something goes wrong.

Maybe it's the company you use. I've had many different claims, over the years, and could not have been treated better on damn near every single one of them.

And this is both home and vehicle claims, some small and some rather large. It also involves three different insurance companies.

#40 3 years ago

Got $220 From auto club last week, 4 cars and my policy is up for renewal right now. They said it’s 15-20% for the last couple months, and they’ll re-evaluate things again in a month or two and possibly issue similar refunds again.

#41 3 years ago

Allstate and a whopping $16.00

#42 3 years ago

Just got my second $10 so it's 2 months in a row now!

#43 3 years ago

Geico, they reduced last month’s premium payment by about $125. We haven’t gone through a whole tank of gas between all our cars since this thing started.

#44 3 years ago

$20 back here, time to get a pizza lol.

#45 3 years ago

Been saving $60 a month by putting one vehicle in "Storage"

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I got a whopping $30 a week ago. I must say I expected a little more.
    Peanuts compared to the money the government has been giving away.

My girlfriend got $12 back!
    she pays about $1100 a year and has been working from home the last 3 months and only driven about 100 miles total.
    WTF?

#47 3 years ago

No rebate for me but my policy starts on June first and they just sent the info for the auto withdraw. Five cars went from $370 a mo to $170 no explanation why. Never had a claim but my daughter turned 21 in January so that may be part of it.

#48 3 years ago
    Quoted from jchristian11:

Got $200 back on 5 cars insured through USAA.

They gave us a little over $300, 4 cars, 2 of which are male, teen drivers in the worst county in TX.

I can't say enough good about USAA. We used to get phone solicitors trying to pimp xyz insurance. When we told them we had USAA, the conversation was always over, no competition. If you are a service member, or descendant of a service member, you might be eligible. I suggest looking into it.

#49 3 years ago

My giveback is MI insurance reform. No more G..damned unlimited personal injury protection starting July 1. Seriously. If you are employed and have health insurance, 99% of the policies cover injuries as part of a car accident. So we've been paying for double coverage for decades. Insurers have pocketed billions over this. Good-bye PIP insurance.

#50 3 years ago

15% off from geico on one car full coverage, saved about $71 on six months policy,not bad.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/auto-insurance-give-back and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.