6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

It looks like there are quite a few of us in the area according to the pin map. I thought it would be good to have a thread where locals could share info. Local pins for sale, tournaments, pin gatherings, help needed, etc...

(If such a club already exists feel free to lock, move, or delete this)

#2 6 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BatCityPinball/

Ironic, I'm the one posting this since all the locals know I don't have facebook and despise it.

A bit of a drive but we have league on Tuesdays where their is normally 30-40 players. A bit of a drive from Liberty Hill though since it's at the original Pinballz location. Their is talk about starting a league at the Lakecreek location which would be much closer for you.

#3 6 years ago

I’m like you, don’t have Facebook and despise it.

Thanks for posting. It is a bit of a drive from LH, but I might be able to check it out one day. Chances are that I come in dead last in any tournament that I enter, but I will enjoy supporting the pinball cause and meeting new folks.

#4 6 years ago

I’m in and out of Austin all of the time, staying tuned

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Thanks for posting. It is a bit of a drive from LH, but I might be able to check it out one day. Chances are that I come in dead last in any tournament that I enter, but I will enjoy supporting the pinball cause and meeting new folks.

That's the good thing about our league. About 75-80% of the people coming aren't really competitive players. They are their just for fun and to hang out. They also have a novice league on Monday's for those that want to learn the rules of the games and get tips from the tournament players that are in the league.

#6 6 years ago

*takes a Godzilla sized dump right on the porch*

(Just some friendly cross-state rivalry! > )

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

*takes a Godzilla sized dump right on the porch*
    (Just some friendly cross-state rivalry! > )

You can always count on “The Big D” to keep it classy.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

You can always count on “The Big D” to keep it classy.

Anyone with half a brain knows that the "class" in Dallas has two letters too many in it. I say this as a Dallas native: people are fake as <bleep> up here. You guys missed a good deal last week and I had to go down there and get it. Sellers sure are a lot nicer to deal with there vs. here! (Not the first time I've run into that, obviously.)

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Anyone with half a brain knows that the "class" in Dallas has two letters too many in it. I say this as a Dallas native: people are fake as <bleep> up here. You guys missed a good deal last week and I had to go down there and get it. Sellers sure are a lot nicer to deal with there vs. here! (Not the first time I've run into that, obviously.)

What pin did you pick up?

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

What pin did you pick up?

Last Action Hero. Got a few nitpicky issues (GI pins are basically melting themselves off the board, seems to be some kind of issue with the game losing track of the balls since it randomly ends a ball here and there...probably cracked solder joints on a trough switch, and a flaky light socket or two)...nothing that won't be fixed by the end of next week once Mouser gets my parts to me. First Data East DMD for me.

#11 6 years ago

Any pins up in Cedar Park/Leander/Liberty Hill? Nothing on Pinball Map. I also don't use FB. I help run the leagues, 85vett wins them.

Edit: Colin is a local playing in Nationals. Streaming on Twitch right now: https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Last Action Hero. Got a few nitpicky issues (GI pins are basically melting themselves off the board, seems to be some kind of issue with the game losing track of the balls since it randomly ends a ball here and there...probably cracked solder joints on a trough switch, and a flaky light socket or two)...nothing that won't be fixed by the end of next week once Mouser gets my parts to me. First Data East DMD for me.

Where did you find LAH listed? I’m in the market for a first pin and never saw it through the typical sites.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Any pins up in Cedar Park/Leander/Liberty Hill? Nothing on Pinball Map. I also don't use FB. I help run the leagues, 85vett wins them.
    Edit: Colin is a local playing in Nationals. Streaming on Twitch right now: https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball

The only pins I know of on my side of town is Pinballz, which is a 30 minute drive to the closest location.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Where did you find LAH listed? I’m in the market for a first pin and never saw it through the typical sites.

Craigslist. =Þ

1 week later
    #15 6 years ago

Someone has a CFTBL for sale locally

austin.craigslist.org link

1 week later
    #16 6 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

That's the good thing about our league. About 75-80% of the people coming aren't really competitive players. They are their just for fun and to hang out.

Agree with this. This blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut, but most of the time it's just about hanging out, having fun, and trying to improve my skills a bit.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

The good thing is that it is a public group; you can read posts there without a Facebook login. Here's a good summary of events upcoming in the Austin area:

• Tuesday Jam league at Pinballz (original location), starting the first Tuesday of each month and running for 4 weeks
    • monday night pinball at Pinballz (original), a "10 strikes" format starting at 7:30PM
    • International Radical Cowabunga Day, matchplay tournament at Pinballz on the 5th Tuesday of any month that has one
    • Batman ’66 Premium Edition Launch Tournament @ Pinballz, May 1, 7PM-11PM
    • May the 4th Be With You! Star Wars Pinball Tournament @ Pinballz, May 4 (obviously) @ 7 PM
    • Buffalo Billiards monthly matchplay on Sundays (next one on March 25) at 1PM
    • Bat City Open at Buffalo Billiards June 22nd-24th (doubles as the finals for the Texas Pinball League summer round)

Of course, all of those are far from Liberty Hill, but maybe you can make it in to town for some of the one-shot tourneys.

4 months later
    #18 5 years ago

PSA: There’s a supposed HUO MET Pro on Letgo for $3500 in Austin

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

PSA: There’s a supposed HUO MET Pro on Letgo for $3500 in Austin

Saw it at as well. If it's a real deal I'm betting Pinballz has already bought it. They grab all the good deals.

P.S. - I'm moving out to your neck of the woods soon. Moving to Leander but it's the very north tip.

5 years later
    #21 27 hours ago

Well, this thread has not been active for quite some time, thought I'd try to revive it. I've been a resident of Austin for over 20 years now, which sorta kinda makes me a native these days considering the influx of new Austinites over the past 10 years. Anyway, I've gotten into pinball heavily over the past 2 years and want to add a few things to some of the above comments.

1. Buffalo Billiards on Sixth is unfortunately no more. It was a victim of the Pandemic. That MASSIVE two-story warehouse space in downtown Austin must have been so expensive to maintain. It's a shame; I spent a lot of time there playing foos and darts long before I was into pin.
    2. On a positive note, both Pinballz locations mentioned above are still going strong, with a new 3rd location ("Kingdom") down in Kyle, which is 15 min south of Austin. The Original is still one of the best places to play vintage pins. Lake Creek has 50+ with a few modern. Have not been to Kingdom yet. I frequent the Lake Creek location and avail myself of their numerous pins and excellent tap wall.
    3. There is a relatively new place called the Cidercade, which is in the old Joe's Crab Shack building off of Riverside downtown. They have about 20-25 pins (a lot of modern ones too) and their model is a wristband all-you-can play one. It is a taproom for Bishop Cider (there are others in DFW and Houston as well) and they have all kinds of arcade games an pin, as well as other amusements. They only serve cider there (don't fret there are some dry ones). Pizza was good last time I went.
    4. Another relatively new one called Epic Fun is out near the "Y" (290 & 71) west of Austin by about 15 min. Have not been but they seem to have a bunch of newer pins on the roster.
    5. The rest of Austin is onsey-twosey here and there at various bars, pizza shops (e.g., Conan's) or Laundromats.

Personally I'm looking for anything pin-related in Austin. Playing, buying, selling, repairing, helping others repair, whatever.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-tx-pinsiders-club-keepin%e2%80%99-it-weird?hl=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.