(Topic ID: 234048)

Austin TX Needs a Barcade!

By javagrind888

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180224_195000 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194946 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194916 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194931 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194935 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194911 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194842 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194831 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194836 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194830 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

Their machines are broken and run down

Pinballz original has 92 tables. SOME of them are out of order, most are flippable but have minor issues. A few (like World Poker Tour and The Hobbit ) have major issues that impact league play but most people probably wouldn't notice.

their codes are always outdated

The vast majority have current code, but of the machines with USB updating available they are typically behind.

all of their machines are 3-5 tokens (no 3 for 2 pay options).

You're wrong here. At least two of the games have 3/2 implemented, (probably because it's the default after a code update). Several of the tables are only two tokens. Target Pool Hula-Hula come to mind.

Parking is free on the street on Sundays. Come to Buffalo Billiards and play. If you want well-kept games on location we need to support the locations that provide them. I hate downtown but buffaloatx is worth it.

#23 5 years ago

It's worth remembering that Pinballz is one of about ten places in the world that have more than 75 tables in one location. They have two of them within a few miles of one another. No one primarily motivated by profit would do that. At least one of the owners must love pinball enough to want to share it with the world.

BCP is not the entirety of Pinballz customer base and IMO we should be reasonable with our expectations. I've requested code updates, they haven't always been done (sometimes they have been done) and I'm ok with that. Sometimes the answer to your request is no.

If you want change I think one effective way is voice your concerns without phrasing them as a personal attack. State the issue and your proposed solution. Your unstated remedy if your concern goes unaddressed is you will take your business elsewhere. Every entertainment venue in the world knows there is a lot of competition for entertainment dollars.

What do we want from Pinballz and how can we help make it happen? I'd like more event participation. But I'm not the person to promote events and attract more players. My strength is running events and a tiny amount of event communication and IFPA stuff. I'd like the games in 'better' condition but with 92 games on site and maybe 30 having issues that mean we can't use them I feel the good far outweighs the bad.

The 33% price increase- yuk. It means I have to play less. I don't like 'loyalty' programs because they make it harder to know how much I'm paying per game. Sure I can figure it out but if I have to take two or three extra steps to figure out how far my $20 will go I'll just go somewhere else. Quarters seem to be the answer for now.

Looking forward to hearing what Pinballz has to say next week.

#33 5 years ago

There is a meeting scheduled for 7pm Tuesday at the original location. If you won't be there but have questions feel free to PM me and I'll put them on the list.
    Zitt play_pinball

#41 5 years ago

It was a good meeting. Looking forward to the pin maintenance improving.
    Munsters (Pro) is coming!

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I fell like they read my post

They got a copy of the text from your post, and comments from others. I'm cautiously optimistic. Seems I'll have to take another look at their loyalty program, see if it offers me any advantage.

2 months later
    #49 5 years ago
    Quoted from sawbill:

Curious if Pinballz on 183 near Mopac has put any effort into repairing any of their pins

Yes. There is noticeable progress.
    Also, two of their locations are on 183. One near Burnet, one near Lake Creek.

Bring quarters. Tokens are 3/$1. For now all the pins take quarters.

Or just play at buffaloatx Buffalo Billiards, my favorite place to play and the only place in town to play #lexylightspeed

4 weeks later
    #55 4 years ago

I agree the maintenance is improving. Good to see them follow up on that.

Since the price increase I may have spent $30 total at Pinballz. They have chosen not to compete on price. I choose my entertainment based on price. Until they are competitive with their pricing I will rarely patronize them.

The card readers offer nothing to the customer. It's a way to hide the amount of money you're spending behind another transition from dollars. If your pin doesn't take cash or tokens I'm not playing it.

A rewards program should offer a benefit or why bother? Offering only slightly higher prices than other entertainment venues if I spend $2000 with Pinballz and allow you to track when and where every cent I spend goes at the facility falls squarely in the NO THANKS category for me.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Can the tokens currently be used at any of the Pinballz locations on any pinball machines?

The machines that have card readers ONLY have card readers (that I've noticed.)

In my experience the manager has been very helpful when approached about customer service stuff. I suggest using the contact form at https://www.pinballzarcade.com/contact/ and ask if you can convert your unused tokens to credit on a Pinballz card.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-tx-needs-a-barcade?tu=yeoldpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.