(Topic ID: 234048)

Austin TX Needs a Barcade!

By javagrind888

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180224_195000 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194946 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194916 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194931 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194935 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194911 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194842 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194831 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194836 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194830 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinless.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

If Cidercade opened a location in north Austin, they would make a small fortune.

I would be willing to bet they’d have more customers here than the Dallas location.

Pinballz is painful to go to. They have lots of titles but you’re lucky to find one that works.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Do you know how to make a small fortune operating an arcade?
    Start with a large fortune.

I’m sure that’s usually the case. If you’re ever in the Dallas area you need to visit and see what the fuss is all about.

It’s making $$ on weeknights and the weekends are crazy busy.

$10 cover, $6 ciders and everything on free play makes for a pretty fun evening.

3 months later
    #53 4 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

So just got back from the original Pinballz, the good news is the machine have had some TLC they played a LOT better! They now have a Munsters Pro at that location! The bad news is that it's $1.65 per play! All of their newer machines are now Pinballz card only no quarters or tokens! Card only machines from what I remember are, Metallica ($1.35), Wizard of Oz ($1.35), Houdini ($1.35), Star Wars Premium ($1.35) and I think there was one more I can't remember what. The older machines are still coin operated and still take quarters (which is recommended to take seeing as you only get 3 tokens for a dollar) But I must admit the machines I played were in much better shape than the last time I was there. So at least they are going in the right direction! I'll give credit where it's due.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like Austin is still in need of a Barcade though

1 month later
    #66 4 years ago
    Quoted from Red_Devils:

Just read in the Austin American Statesman that Cidercade is coming to Austin!!!!! At the location of the old Joe's Crabshack, they will have 250 games!
    That's great news for Austin Pinball fans

Look out Pinballz, there’s going to be stiff competition soon. Can’t wait!

#69 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Interesting... but doesn't really sound better to me as there was some drama in the DFW pin list about Cidercade, IIRC.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/dfwpinballclub/permalink/2433597856691604/
    that said; I def agree more competition is needed and I look forward to trying them out one day after they open.

I’ve been to all of the Pinballz locations and Cidercade several times. Cidercade blows them out of the water. No location is going to have every game working perfect, but they do a good job.

An article said they were coming to Houston too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinless.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-tx-needs-a-barcade?tu=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.