(Topic ID: 234048)

Austin TX Needs a Barcade!

By javagrind888

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180224_195000 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194946 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194916 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194931 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194935 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194911 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194842 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194831 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194836 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194830 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 5 years ago

I've been involved with running events at/for pinballz (as a non-employee) for almost five years now, weekly events for years with as many as 50 people playing at the same time.

We've had awesome times and introduced hundreds and hundreds of new players to competitive pinball and the pinball community in Texas. A lot of the time it's felt like I'm just beating my head against a wall though when it comes to working with the business to try and get more people to come in their doors.

I sincerely hope that this latest thing and the attention it's gotten gives us an opportunity to have our voices heard and see some kind of improvement. It's really going to take someone that cares at least a little bit AND has the ability to make business decisions for there to be any kind of long-term improvement though.

#17 5 years ago

Also huge shoutout to Buffalo Billiards and @buffaloatx! BB is amazing and what they've done hosting the Bat City Open for the last several years and generally running an awesome place for pinball cannot be understated.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Interesting that the owner posts that he wants to meet with the community while saying there has been “slander” in social media?!?!?

Their messaging in the past has had a lot of this borderline hostile to the community stuff, it's a real bummer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-tx-needs-a-barcade?tu=law and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.