(Topic ID: 234048)

Austin TX Needs a Barcade!

By javagrind888

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180224_195000 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194946 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194916 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194931 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194935 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194911 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194842 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194831 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194836 (resized).jpg
    20180224_194830 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 5 years ago

Say this three years ago, you get lambasted. Say it today, only upvotes. Funny how times change.

To be fair though, I've done business outside of Pinballz with Darren a few times, and run into him at TPF a bunch of times. While I can't speak for anyone else, he's always been pretty even-keeled in my dealings with him. Fact is, Pinballz would survive even if BCP decided to wholesale boycott the place. I doubt BCP even accounts for 5% of their profit margin. Every time I've been in there, the place is a zoo!

Austin may have more games on location than Dallas thanks to Pinballz, but I feel like we have the more quality locations with Cidercade and now BOP. Even for a good long while there Nickelrama was doing awesome (there's local drama there that I'm not entirely apprised of) in terms of maintenence and having just fun, playable games. Cidercade's no angel though....those stupid boxes/stands between every game just SUCK and guarantee they cause more damage to games than god forbid someone moving a game one inch to save a ball, and the games can be pretty poorly leveled at times. Rarely though, is something just terrible enough to walk away from, and they do seem to like having the current releases out on the floor. It was very awesome to get to go play as much TNA as I wanted for 10 bucks.

Quoted from play_pinball:

I’m glad they’re finally getting called out on their bullshit.

lol...they were called out before, but nobody cared to listen and closed ranks to protect 'their precious'

3 months later
    #63 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I have about 3-7dollars of Pinballz tokens.
    Will they be taking those tokens back and crediting a card for me?
    OR are they just going to take that money from us?

Put them on ebay as a collectible.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-tx-needs-a-barcade?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.