• Latest reply 1 year ago by Sertx
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20211230_142256273 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I've started a new Pinsound project, Austin Powers. I recently got this game and I'm a big fan of the movies. I think the game is a lot of fun, but the sound package is horrendous. I started this a few weeks ago and I've replaced most of the music so far. Now I'm capturing all the voice clips from the movies. There's 170 of them. This is going to take a while, but it's going to absolutely transform this game.

For a little taste of what's upcoming, this is the track that I'll use for Fat Bastard multi-ball.

I will keep this thread updated on my progress. Thanks.

If you like my work and would like to support me on future projects, please consider a donation: https://www.paypal.me/BradyMiller

IMG_20211230_142256273 (resized).jpgIMG_20211230_142256273 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Thanks. You're gonna cost me more money!

#3 2 years ago

This should be epic.

#4 2 years ago

Awesome

1 week later
#5 2 years ago

Here's an update. I have finished sampling the first movie, and I'm 30 minutes into the second one. This project is coming together nicely. I have been adding additional relevant sound quotes as I go for variety. There's going to be a lot of surprises. Stay tuned.

1 month later
#6 2 years ago

Just joined, just bought the austin powers machine…my first! Found your post and curious how the audio upgrade is going?

#7 2 years ago

Watching this with interest.....

#8 2 years ago

Update
=====

All the music is done. All the sound clips are done from both movies (I'll most likely be adding more from #3 as long as they are relevant in the future.)

I'm down to testing that involves level (volume) matching of the clips. So, it's pretty close to being done for a version 1.0. I can tweak it later, but I want it to be pretty polished before release.

The only slight downer in regards to the music is Stern used a couple of music tracks that are used in more than one mode. For example, the Henchman mode music is also used at the end of the game. That limits what I would put in a few places, but I used tracks that matched exactly from the sound track CDs, or have the same vibe. If there is a Pinsound script workaround for such things that I'm not aware of, someone let me know.

The main theme music is of course Soul Bossa Nova taken straight from the CD soundtrack of movie #1 and I never get tired of hearing it. This sound package is an epic transformation. Once I start playing the game, it's hard to stop because I keep hearing new call outs (I've added a bunch more) that crack me up. I can then focus on this quite excellent playfield layout and enjoy the game more so than ever before.

"Your stock is rising Number Two."

3 weeks later
#9 2 years ago

Version 1.0 is finished.

Two months in the making. This is a total game changer as the original sound was lack luster. All music has been replaced with CD quality clips. All of the 170 voice clips have been replaced with high quality samples. An additional 230 voice clips have been added from the first two Austin Powers movies. That makes a total of 400 voice clips in the game. That means more clips from Austin Powers, Dr Evil, Number Two, Fat Bastard, Vanessa, Felicity, Tim Arnold (Cowboy) and more! Plus, Scott is now in the game and so is Mustafa. Yes, there's even music from The Alan Parsons Project! This is awesome! See the video.

If you like my work and would like to support me on future projects, please consider a donation: https://www.paypal.me/BradyMiller

#10 2 years ago

Where/how can this be downloaded and a contribution be made? Thanks

#11 2 years ago

I second that request!

#13 2 years ago

Nice work. I really like that you kept the sound from the first 2 movies, just like the pin is. The ending is awesome! great work.

#14 2 years ago

Thanks. That ending quote is one of several that can pop up.

#15 2 years ago

Excellent work and good choices. The original game sound is just plain awful. I feel sorry for owners without the PinSound board. You gotta upgrade guys, your ears deserve better. While you can't do anything about the uninspired layout, and terrible artwork, an audio and code upgrade can really transform this game into something wonderful. All you need is a little coding magic...

The "Time Machine" toy is grossly underused in the original game. Now you can travel forward and back through time (like the movie).

If you have the time, learn coding... it's unbelievable fun re-coding these knackered old games.

#16 2 years ago

Just ordered my Pinsound card!

1 week later
#18 2 years ago

Here's another video.

Looks like it isn't viewing. I'll see if I can mute the offending song that's triggering the copyright problem. 10 seconds of American Women is going to be muted.

1 month later
#19 1 year ago

Thank you for all the hard work. I think the only thing i want to change (for me and not necessary) is the Shag hurry up and use the Led Zeppelin whole lotta love instead of the Dennis Coffey mix. I might add a Burt Bacharach song at the end of the game. Either way it is perfect and the sounds are so clear. There is so much adjustment with the Pinsound card you can really dial in the levels. Im so enthralled by this game all over again. Ive owned mine for the about 6-7 years now and havent played it much in awhile. Honestly because of the new sounds and quality of the sounds. Plus with the new speakers, it sounds soooo good.

#20 1 year ago

Glad you like it! Thanks for the feedback.

1 month later
#22 1 year ago

Late to the party. I just recently got an Austin Powers pinball. It came with a pinwoofer setup with sub, amp and backbox speakers and it sounds pretty decent, but this new file sure adds a lot. I downloaded the file, but how do I install this in the game? Don't want to screw anything up. Do I need a pinsound board to make it work or will it work with the pinwoofer set up I have?

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

Late to the party. Downloaded the file, but how do I install this in the game? Don't want to screw anything up.

#24 1 year ago

I was editing my post because I forgot to mention I have a Pinwoofer set up in mine, and you responded before I could do so

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

I was editing my post because I forgot to mention I have a Pinwoofer set up in mine, and you responded before I could do so

Gotcha. You will need a Pinsound card to run the new sounds. The Pinsound card totally bypasses the factory sound card/chips

#26 1 year ago

So I’d have to remove my pin woofer set up?

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

So I’d have to remove my pin woofer set up?

Im not sure what is involved with PinWoofer, but Pinsound is a new amplified card that has both headphone and subwoofer hookups. So Im just guessing, but I'd think you would bypass your Pinwoofer. But again, I'm not sure. Sorry

5 months later
#28 1 year ago

Hi there!

I got my Austin Powers a month ago and today I added the Pinsound!

I like the whole package but I think that the call-outs are too low in volume. Is there a way to turn up the voices and lower the music?

Thank you.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Sertx:

I like the whole package but I think that the call-outs are too low in volume. Is there a way to turn up the voices and lower the music?

Download the editor from Pinsound and change what you need. There is a Pinsound forum on their website that will give you tips on how to do it

#30 1 year ago

Thank you!
I will give it a try.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-ultimate-pinsound-mix?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.