Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have an Austin Powers machine and the time machine won't spin as much; I ran a diagnostic test once and that did the trick, but now the motor won't even turn for the "Time Machine."

Does the motor have to get replaced or it just needs rest?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from JCO25:

I have an Austin Powers machine and the time machine won't spin as much; I ran a diagnostic test once and that did the trick, but now the motor won't even turn for the "Time Machine."
Does the motor have to get replaced or it just needs rest?

Motor could just be burned out - also possible the chain broke or came off. Did you take a closer look at the mech under the playfield?

#3 5 years ago

I have similar issue.

The Time Machine on my recently acquired Austin Powers is intermittent. 80% of the time it works fine, the other 20% it doesnt turn on.

The opto, ramp switch, and motor all work fine in diagnostics. The belt looks fine as well.

Did yours do that before it totally failed?

Anyone seen this intermittent behavior before and know what the cause could be?

#4 5 years ago

Yes I had this same issue. On my AP it ended up being cracked solder joints on the relay. Look under the playfield for a small relay PCB that turns on the motor. Remove the relay pcb and reflow all the solder points joining the relay to the board. That will probably fix it.

#5 5 years ago

What is a PCB? Just asking.

#6 5 years ago

Printed circuit board

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes I had this same issue. On my AP it ended up being cracked solder joints on the relay. Look under the playfield for a small relay PCB that turns on the motor. Remove the relay pcb and reflow all the solder points joining the relay to the board. That will probably fix it.

I took out the Time Machine relay board and the solder joints looked ok visually but I reflowed the solder joints anyway.

After reinstalling the relay board I activated the Time Machine a few dozen times under various conditions (after cold start, after machine on for a while, etc) and so far it starts everytime.

Since the problem was intermittent I wont know for sure if it's totally fixed until I play it a lot more but so far so good. Thanks for the tip!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-time-machine-won-t-spin?hl=jco25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.