Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bombgod
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

The belt on my AP time machine ramp split. I was able to find a replacement belt online, which I ordered. Does anyone have experience installing a new belt? I'm new to the hobby so I was hoping someone with experience could provide some guidance. Thanks!

#2 6 years ago

In case anyone needs this info - it was not that difficult to replace the timing belt. You need to pull the playing field up, I used a long thin piece of wood and placed it under the metal cage underneath the playing field to support it so I could get to the bottom gear. You need to remove the three screws on the back side of the time machine and slip the old belt off of the gear and pull it out the hole beneath the three screws on the back side. The new belt goes in the opposite way. Position it on the upper and lower gears and then tighten the three screws on the time machine to put it back in place. Its not hard. Its just a really tight space with lots of wires so take your time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-time-machine-timing-belt-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.