• Latest reply 2 years ago by JCO25
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210913_170952 (resized).jpg
AustinPowersCoilPartial (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jco25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

So Austin Powers, I've had this machine awhile. Just replaced the pinballs finally, time machine is spinning.
Everything is peachy, then the flippers and pop bumpers just don't produce enough power.

Seems flipper fuses are under the board, so no problem there. Just these two:

1) Ball trough isn't pushing the pinballs out anymore: Coil have to get cleaned or time for a new one?

2) Checked all fuses for pop bumpers. None broken, so do the coils have to get cleaned and/or replaced?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3 2 years ago

For the voltage, is it AC or DC you measure the coil voltage with?

#5 2 years ago

The bumpers and flippers just get "weak," not producing enough power.

1 month later
#6 2 years ago

Update: so turns out there was a fuse problem. Called a tech to help me out, but now capacitor c27 on the power driver board has gone out: once on the old board and even on the new board. We found a locked coil under the left slingshot too, fixed it. Anyone know why Austin Powers would burn out C27 on the power driver board?

20210913_170952 (resized).jpg20210913_170952 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#7 2 years ago

Update: So the capacitor fries out when there is a ball search for AP. Which board/circuit makes the ball switch happen? Could it be a bad board or just old age at this point? It's not the opto boards since I disconnected them.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It’s just code causing the ball search to happen. A ball search cycles through firing all the solenoids, trying to free a ball that may be stuck.
Try the solenoid test, can you get the cap to pop on a specific one? I’d suspect a short involving that solenoid sending voltage where it shouldn’t go.

I will try that with a new capacitor. Thank you.

1 week later
#10 2 years ago

Update: So I have the capacitors. Once that is soldered in, how to run a solenoid test?

2 months later
#12 2 years ago

Update: So after months, I finally learned how to solder correctly (with some help). Put in a brand new capacitor at C27, it blew up again. Soldered in the capacitor again, but now F6 blew out. It's always the same cycle: after C27 gets installed, either it blows up or F6 snaps, causing the trough and the flippers not to generate power.

I did notice when the automatic ball cycle happened, the time machine wasn't spinning as fast as it usually does. The magnet is fine, but why does the time machine run randomly slow or fast? Could that be a reason why C27 keeps blowing up?

Any help on this would be nice. If I can't figure this out, AP might up for sales, but for parts at this point. Please and thank you for any advice!

2 weeks later
#13 2 years ago
Quoted from JCO25:

Update: So after months, I finally learned how to solder correctly (with some help). Put in a brand new capacitor at C27, it blew up again. Soldered in the capacitor again, but now F6 blew out. It's always the same cycle: after C27 gets installed, either it blows up or F6 snaps, causing the trough and the flippers not to generate power.
I did notice when the automatic ball cycle happened, the time machine wasn't spinning as fast as it usually does. The magnet is fine, but why does the time machine run randomly slow or fast? Could that be a reason why C27 keeps blowing up?
Any help on this would be nice. If I can't figure this out, AP might up for sales, but for parts at this point. Please and thank you for any advice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jco25.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-some-tech-help-please-?tu=jco25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.