• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210913_170952 (resized).jpg
AustinPowersCoilPartial (resized).png

#1 67 days ago

So Austin Powers, I've had this machine awhile. Just replaced the pinballs finally, time machine is spinning.
Everything is peachy, then the flippers and pop bumpers just don't produce enough power.

Seems flipper fuses are under the board, so no problem there. Just these two:

1) Ball trough isn't pushing the pinballs out anymore: Coil have to get cleaned or time for a new one?

2) Checked all fuses for pop bumpers. None broken, so do the coils have to get cleaned and/or replaced?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

#2 66 days ago
Quoted from JCO25:

1) Ball trough isn't pushing the pinballs out anymore: Coil have to get cleaned or time for a new one?

2) Checked all fuses for pop bumpers. None broken, so do the coils have to get cleaned and/or replaced?

Do not clean coils. You can replace the coil sleeve if it's binding and the coil resistance is still within spec.

Per your manual (see chart below) the auto-launch and scoop use the same power line connection as the trough up-kicker. Assuming they are working, check transistor Q1 after you verify you have 50v at the coil lugs.

Since none of the pops are working I'd suspect a broken wire. The power line is yellow/violet for all four of the non-working coils and the other two I mentioned above.

Check those things and let us know how it goes.

AustinPowersCoilPartial (resized).png
2 weeks later
#3 47 days ago

For the voltage, is it AC or DC you measure the coil voltage with?

#4 47 days ago
Quoted from JCO25:

So Austin Powers, I've had this machine awhile. Just replaced the pinballs finally, time machine is spinning.
Everything is peachy, then the flippers and pop bumpers just don't produce enough power.
Seems flipper fuses are under the board, so no problem there. Just these two:
Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

So, wait: do the flippers and bumpers completely *fail*, or do they just get *weak*? You need to define terms, here.

#5 47 days ago

The bumpers and flippers just get "weak," not producing enough power.

1 month later
#6 12 days ago

Update: so turns out there was a fuse problem. Called a tech to help me out, but now capacitor c27 on the power driver board has gone out: once on the old board and even on the new board. We found a locked coil under the left slingshot too, fixed it. Anyone know why Austin Powers would burn out C27 on the power driver board?

20210913_170952 (resized).jpg

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside