6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by djreddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

austin (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Is there any way of making this game hard through the settings?

The soft-plunge, fat bastart-repeat strategy kind of disqualifies this game from tournament play. Setting fat bastard to harder in the game settings does not make any difference as I understand? Disabling ball save alltogether would also be nice if possible... Any ideas?

#2 6 years ago

I don't know anything about this game and have never seen one, but-

If the soft plunge is part of the strategy, put a stiff spring in to make that harder.

Or maybe put on lightning flippers and remove outlane rubbers and/or posts. Making the slings really touchy seems to toughen up a game too.

#3 6 years ago

Can you enable the flippers to be used the launch the ball? If so, just have folks do that. PAPA goes one further on their sopronos and removes the plunger but that might not be necessary for you.

#4 6 years ago

I had to make my game harder. First thing I did was change all of the game settings to extra hard, that didn't make too much of a difference. Next I set the incline to 7.1, that makes for a fast playing AP. Additionally I moved the outlane bumpers all the way out making outlane drains super brutal. Lastly, I added Titan fat silicone bumpers to the 4 posts on the left ramp and the right ramp. Not only does this make the Fat Bastard shot much more difficult, when you miss you get brutal bounces and the game plays super fast. I now enjoy playing AP so much more because it is challenging and the girlfriend really doesn't notice the changes and still enjoys it so we can now flip happily ever after. See pic below.

austin (resized).jpgaustin (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-in-competition?hl=dookski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.