IMG_5483 (resized).jpg
IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
IMG_5488 (resized).jpg
IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
IMG_5487 (resized).jpg
20230817_144348 (resized).jpg
2DC7F0A9-F68C-49D8-A9FF-65768A7592F9 (resized).jpeg
9B4E6E48-1861-41A5-86CA-E6E9DDB05A58 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#247 5 years ago

Any problems with decals peeling up with the mylar?

#251 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Still waiting patiently for colordmd for this. Very patiently....

My dmd is getting a little funky at this point so I'm really looking forward to that as well.

1 week later
#258 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just downloaded the manual off ipdb.org.
Anyone try using the other Dr Evil figures to see if they would hold up any better than the one Stern uses?
Not sure if they would fit on the existing bracket or not. It looks like the sides of the bracket are designed around that particular figure.[quoted image][quoted image]

I remember reading somewhere in the thread that Dr. Evil has a flat spot cut on his head? I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but it seems there is some modifications needed to the toy. I bet a search for Dr. Evil in this thread would tell you more.

2 months later
#271 4 years ago

The latest colordmd hint looks... Groovy baby!

0501d84509c92fdddbda30535bb4b0944dc5b5b6.png (resized).jpg0501d84509c92fdddbda30535bb4b0944dc5b5b6.png (resized).jpg
#274 4 years ago

I found it in the zip file from Stern's site, I've added it to the machine info for easy reference. https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/austin-powers/details

1 week later
#297 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I finally broke down and put the most current ROM chip in my game. I upgraded from V 3.01 to 3.02. I didn't notice much difference other than Time Machine multiball doesnt go on and on and on. The big difference that caught my eye is that Fat Bastard is now called Fat Man...NO WAY! I hate this. His name is Fat Bastard, not Fat Man. I went back to V3.01

Could it be that "family mode" was on by default?

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I made sure adult speech is on and that works. Its on the display, it say Fat Man when you are in multiball

That's lame, I'm still running ancient code myself. I've been thinking about updating but if there are changes like that I'd rather not.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ever notice when you are in time machine multiball that it keeps going and going? The new code fixes that. Other than that everything is still the same. You still can turn on/off Washington DC mode. I just didnt like the name change of FB to FM. Time machine multi isnt that big of a deal to me, thats why i went back to 3.01

I figured time machine is supposed to keep going as long as you still have 2 balls. It seems like you should be able to earn multiple SJPs if you're playing well.

6 months later
#319 4 years ago

So I figured out why some people don't have the time machine ejecting the ball forward. Mine never did and I thought it was normal until I played another one on location and then I remembered people talking about it in this thread. Turns out that if the ramp switch isn't working, the opto will turn on the magnet and drop the ball through the back, it then uses the mini-me switch to register a time machine hit. I fixed the switch and now it spits the ball forward as it should.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Just checked the opto and ramp switch. All working fine. Ball gets caught and released every time to the back of the time machine. That's why I'm not sure it's supposed to go foward unless somethings wrong with the magnet hold or power of the magnet.

Is the ball actually triggering the ramp switch? It seems like airballs can hop over it if it's not set super sensitive.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

My game shoots forward and sometimes goes back. Like someone said before, totally random.
On a side note, does anybody else have a terrible issue with backbox glare. Tried the dmd glare guard but it only blocks the dmd and my glare is mainly from the translite. Any suggestions?
I know about pdi glass, and all that. Just wondering if somebody had a more cost effective alternative

Adding more lighting to the game and playing in a well lit room helps but it's still a bit rough.
I wonder if an anti-glare film like you might use on a computer monitor would help?

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi never - check the 4 amp fuse at F20 in the back box behind the DMD. This fuse pertains to the magnet in the time machine. I had my machine for years and never even knew that the ball should be held briefly in the opening of the time machine and sometimes be thrown back towards you until I saw someone's AP do it at a show. I replaced that fuse and now mine will randomly throw the ball back towards me after it briefly holds it in the hole.

I don't think the magnet would function at all without that fuse though, the time machine is just an air ball fest if the magnet is broken.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

bicyclenut I disabled the post that holds the balls in there, now they aren't held momentarily after making the shot or starting FB multiball. Others have bent the wire form towards the flippers that sits just under the front of the toilet lid. Bending didn't help on mine when I tried it however.

I like the idea of disabling that post in general, it would give much better flow. A FB mod I did for a tournament I ran recently was to put a couple 5/16 rubbers on the post sleeves surrounding the toilet, this not only made the shot tighter, but also gave some very dangerous rebounds. It made 4 player game times under 20 minutes, whereas they were 25+ minutes before.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from JakeSavage:

Hello fellow Pinheads!
I have made myself an owner of this awesome pin, but after maybe 100 plays a problem with the scoop not registrating hits emerged... The ball just stays there until the ball seeker kicks it out.
Anybody?
Best Regards
Pete

I think it's an opto in there? I had the same problem at one point and it was either cleaning the opto, or adjusting the switch.

1 month later
#350 4 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Has anyone found a good solution for lighting the Fat Bastard figure better? I have a spotlight on the left sling but can't really get a good punch of light from there.

I used a hex post and a spotlight like this.

20200214_122842 (resized).jpg20200214_122842 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#361 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I picked up an Austin Powers a while back and every once in a while it will reset. Just at random times and not necessarily while playing a game. It will do it in attract. Any ideas as to what may be causing it?

Could be just a loose connector. My money is on a bridge rectifier going out, carefully see if one of them is getting extra hot.

#366 3 years ago

I’ll look into that. I was thinking maybe one of the large capacitors like on a WPC machine but it doesn’t reset in the same way as those Williams games did. I found cold solder on a connector for ground which I reflowed. However it did not change. I’ll look into those bridge rectifiers

Just sounded similar to a problem I had on TSPP, it was 30 minutes before a league night too. One of the members had seen that behavior before and mentioned it being a BR. I held my hand up to them and one was really hot, I had an extra that I installed and had the game running with only a 30 minute delay for league.

1 week later
#369 3 years ago

One of the bridge rectifiers got to around 125 degrees using an IR thermometer. The machine never reset I think the hour or so I was playing it though. The rest seemed to hover around 90 degrees. Is the 125 pretty high?

Now that you have a suspect I'd see what that BR leads to and check its output with a DMM. Which BR is it?

3 months later
#374 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Not saying one doesn’t actually exist, but I’ve never heard of seen one. My guess is the menu was copied from another game which happens quite often.

Agreed, it's really too bad as this game seems ripe for the left flipper hold skill shot. Ideally a laser based super skill shot would be great.

#378 3 years ago

My Austin was catching its foot on the plastic behind it at some point, for me it was just a matter of moving the plastic a hair and tightening it down again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jahkub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-club-yeah-baby?tu=Jahkub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.