IMG_5483 (resized).jpg
IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
IMG_5488 (resized).jpg
IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
IMG_5487 (resized).jpg
20230817_144348 (resized).jpg
2DC7F0A9-F68C-49D8-A9FF-65768A7592F9 (resized).jpeg
9B4E6E48-1861-41A5-86CA-E6E9DDB05A58 (resized).jpeg
There are 546 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I used a hex post and a spotlight like this.[quoted image]

Thanks I like that!

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Kanthony:

Has anyone added Pinsound to their AP?

I would like to because the sound is very compressed and muffled sounding to me, however, there is no sound package available for Pinsound other that the original, so the quality would be the same as the stock sound board. If someone were to put together an HQ package, I would be all over it!

#353 4 years ago

That would be a fun one to put together. Alas I no longer have my AP :/

2 weeks later
#354 4 years ago

I would like to Add a Deadpool disco ball to my Austin Powers. I think it would be a fun idea. But what mode would you suggest it function, and where would you put it on the play feild?

#355 4 years ago

I love this game! I’ve had it in my game room for years. Doesn’t get as much play as my newer games and haven’t played it in awhile. Just got my best score ever! Set on 3 balls.

884B4D90-6713-4F26-8C42-7F890A6F061F (resized).jpeg884B4D90-6713-4F26-8C42-7F890A6F061F (resized).jpegFD78E5D5-8A4D-45AB-9D23-B9996F45C697 (resized).jpegFD78E5D5-8A4D-45AB-9D23-B9996F45C697 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#356 3 years ago

Could use some help bashing Dr Evil. The fate of the world depends on it. Thank you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dr-evil-bash-target-not-registering#post-5660237

1 month later
#357 3 years ago

2nd time!

B8E8A491-BBB9-48DE-A6A5-0F39CE8A8953 (resized).jpegB8E8A491-BBB9-48DE-A6A5-0F39CE8A8953 (resized).jpeg
#358 3 years ago

Yeah Baby! Congrats!!!
IMG_2634 (resized).JPGIMG_2634 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#359 3 years ago

Shag’d this game a half mile from my house

00A8A89A-91C6-4AB6-8551-566FA6B1D91D (resized).jpeg00A8A89A-91C6-4AB6-8551-566FA6B1D91D (resized).jpeg
#360 3 years ago

I picked up an Austin Powers a while back and every once in a while it will reset. Just at random times and not necessarily while playing a game. It will do it in attract. Any ideas as to what may be causing it?

#361 3 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I picked up an Austin Powers a while back and every once in a while it will reset. Just at random times and not necessarily while playing a game. It will do it in attract. Any ideas as to what may be causing it?

Could be just a loose connector. My money is on a bridge rectifier going out, carefully see if one of them is getting extra hot.

#362 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Good Gravy! Why is the head on the ground?

#363 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

[quoted image]

Quoted from bicyclenut:

He shagg’ed ‘er rotten, didn’t he.

#364 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

In order to transport it from the sellers house the head had to be removed.

#365 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Could be just a loose connector. My money is on a bridge rectifier going out, carefully see if one of them is getting extra hot.

I’ll look into that. I was thinking maybe one of the large capacitors like on a WPC machine but it doesn’t reset in the same way as those Williams games did. I found cold solder on a connector for ground which I reflowed. However it did not change. I’ll look into those bridge rectifiers

#366 3 years ago

I’ll look into that. I was thinking maybe one of the large capacitors like on a WPC machine but it doesn’t reset in the same way as those Williams games did. I found cold solder on a connector for ground which I reflowed. However it did not change. I’ll look into those bridge rectifiers

Just sounded similar to a problem I had on TSPP, it was 30 minutes before a league night too. One of the members had seen that behavior before and mentioned it being a BR. I held my hand up to them and one was really hot, I had an extra that I installed and had the game running with only a 30 minute delay for league.

#367 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Just sounded similar to a problem I had on TSPP, it was 30 minutes before a league night too. One of the members had seen that behavior before and mentioned it being a BR. I held my hand up to them and one was really hot, I had an extra that I installed and had the game running with only a 30 minute delay for league.

Nice. Hopefully that gets it.

1 week later
#368 3 years ago

Nice. Hopefully that gets it.

One of the bridge rectifiers got to around 125 degrees using an IR thermometer. The machine never reset I think the hour or so I was playing it though. The rest seemed to hover around 90 degrees. Is the 125 pretty high?

#369 3 years ago

One of the bridge rectifiers got to around 125 degrees using an IR thermometer. The machine never reset I think the hour or so I was playing it though. The rest seemed to hover around 90 degrees. Is the 125 pretty high?

Now that you have a suspect I'd see what that BR leads to and check its output with a DMM. Which BR is it?

2 weeks later
#370 3 years ago

All,

Can anyone burn me an updated ROM chip for 3.02?

bob

#371 3 years ago
Quoted from Ritewing:

All,

Can anyone burn me an updated ROM chip for 3.02?

bob

or:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/EPROM1061

2 months later
#372 3 years ago

Any body ever make the super skill shot
and know how ? My audit says there is one and it has never been accomplished.
TIA
Dan

#373 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheatham2492:

Any body ever make the super skill shot
and know how ? My audit says there is one and it has never been accomplished.
TIA
Dan

Not saying one doesn’t actually exist, but I’ve never heard of seen one. My guess is the menu was copied from another game which happens quite often.

#374 3 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Not saying one doesn’t actually exist, but I’ve never heard of seen one. My guess is the menu was copied from another game which happens quite often.

Agreed, it's really too bad as this game seems ripe for the left flipper hold skill shot. Ideally a laser based super skill shot would be great.

#375 3 years ago

What’s the trick to get Dancing Austin to move smoothly every time?

#376 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Agreed, it's really too bad as this game seems ripe for the left flipper hold skill shot. Ideally a laser based super skill shot would be great.

So I slow plunged it into the play field and hit the toilet and it gave me a skill shot. It did not say super skill shot though...
So maybe there is one hidden in the play field some where... maybe.

#377 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

What’s the trick to get Dancing Austin to move smoothly every time?

I think Austin P is spun with a magnet - that's why it's not as smooth as if it were spun by an electric motor . Mine doesn't spin smooth .

#378 3 years ago

My Austin was catching its foot on the plastic behind it at some point, for me it was just a matter of moving the plastic a hair and tightening it down again.

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

My Austin was catching its foot on the plastic behind it at some point, for me it was just a matter of moving the plastic a hair and tightening it down again.

I noticed mine was getting hung up at one point too. I fixed that part. I also put took apart the whole rotating mechanism and cleaned it and the sleeves. I put a new spring back on. It seems to work better with less tension on the spring. Its pretty close to working smoothly every time, but not perfect.

#380 3 years ago

New translites available for this awesome game. Either version will nicely compliment AP's brightly colorful playfield. Pm if interested.

AP FLOWERS PST 1 (resized).jpgAP FLOWERS PST 1 (resized).jpgAP NO FLOWERS PST 1 (resized).jpgAP NO FLOWERS PST 1 (resized).jpg
#381 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

New translites available for this awesome game. Either version will nicely compliment AP's brightly colorful playfield. Pm if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice job. Not a big fan of the original so this is a nice upgrade option.

#382 3 years ago

Yeah, I always thought the original clashed with the playfield art. Thanks

3 weeks later
#383 3 years ago

Just picked up an AP, didn’t realize the translite was lit by a fluorescent tube...

#384 3 years ago

Is the right ramp available anywhere (same ramp as iron man?)

#385 3 years ago

What does the number wheel on the playfield represent?

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Is the right ramp available anywhere (same ramp as iron man?)

Right ramp from iron man does fit. I had one on mine before I found an original
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=510-5106-00

#387 3 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

Right ramp from iron man does fit. I had one on mine before I found an original
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=510-5106-00

I think I'm going to try my hand at molding my own. Since the ramp goes through the back of the playfield I really only need to do the front half of the ramp and mold a splice joint into it.

#388 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

[quoted image][quoted image]

My wife surprised me with one of your translites for Christmas.

I absolutely love it! Vibrant colors and sharp details.

So much better than the original Stern version, which is washed out and blurry in spots.

Now all I need is a color DMD!
20201225_152059 (resized).jpg20201225_152059 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#389 3 years ago

So Im back to asking for suggestions of how to make Dancing Austin spin better. As stated up above I've overhauled and tried different tension on the spring. Has anyone replaced the magnet? If so, did it make a difference? Thanks

1 week later
#390 3 years ago

Get in my belly! New member of the club! Just picked one up in pretty good shape locally here in the DFW area. This is my very first pinball machine and absolutely love it. It helps that our entire family are big fans of all three movies. Because of that, I don't see this one leaving anytime soon so have a long list of upgrades and mods planned. I've got a few questions but will try to solve those on my own using the manual before coming back here to post.

#391 3 years ago

I've been playing on the machine for a few days now and have noticed something odd. Wonder if anyone else has come across this. The CPU and Display ROMs are both at 2.00. I was checking out the manual and settings menus for the game and noticed both Stern and AP difficulty settings. Out of curiosity I set everything to Extra Hard just to see what it would do. I played and didn't notice any change until last night when I realized the machine is starting new games with all the various game objectives like mini-me hurry up, austin, fat bastard multiball, evil henchmen, etc. with 3 of the 4 required shots for each of these effectively already lit/achieved. However, when I set difficult to easy or extra easy this is reversed. The game starts with just the first lamp of each achieved/lit. So it seems like something is somehow reversed? Any ideas? I've got the new 3.02 CPU and 3.00 display ROMs ordered from Marcos so maybe that will resolve this.

#392 3 years ago

So I just set mine to Extra Hard and I didn't notice any change. I'm on 3.02

From the manual:

Set to EXTRA EASY, EASY, MODERATE, HARD or EXTRA HARD.
(Note: Additional game features which are not adjusted may also
change when adjusting this adjustment; see below table.) Default is
MODERATE. Any one of the INSTALL settings (in a "Drop-Down"
Table) for this adjustment may be activated to automatically select
settings for multiple adjustments affecting game difficulty. Select and
activate the "-" or "+" Icons to choose the difficulty level required. After
activation, the individual adjustments may be readjusted, if desired.
Adjustments which typically automatically get changed when changing
this adjustment are Game Specific with adjustments values of EXTRA
EASY, EASY, MODERATE, HARD, EXTRA HARD, ON or OFF.
After changing this adjustment, make note of it in the Table on Page
34 (in pencil), and check all Game Specific adjustments, noting all
changes in the "Your Setting" Column. Performing a Factory Reset
will revert all adjustments back to the defaults

#393 3 years ago

Just in case anyone looking to switch clubs? I've had this one the past 7/8 years and it's been well cared for and enjoyed. Always wanted to bring an Austin powers home one day. Sorry for intruding one time thing.

20210205_151636 (resized).jpg20210205_151636 (resized).jpg
#394 3 years ago

Just picked one up last week, and love it!
Installed a color DMD about an hour ago.
14 (resized).jpg14 (resized).jpg

(disregard the hodgepodge that is the GI lighting)

-Paul

2 weeks later
#395 3 years ago

Ball Save / Freeze Time

Aside from completely disabling ball save, it lasts an extremely long time and I'll still get ball saves even after the ball save indicator has turned off for a bit.

I've got the machine on the extra hard setting and freeze time set at 10 (seconds?)

1 week later
#396 3 years ago

#Pablito350 inspired me to finally order a color dmd.

So glad that I did!

20210302_193842 (resized).jpg20210302_193842 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#397 2 years ago

Can anyone in the club take a clear picture(s) of the their backbox power boards setup? Im trying to add color dmd but i think this one has wrong board in it, need clarification, wrong ribbon cable from sound board too long width for color dmd connector plug.
Thanks for any help

#398 2 years ago

Hope this helps.

IMG_20210608_075744414 (resized).jpgIMG_20210608_075744414 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210608_075831058 (resized).jpgIMG_20210608_075831058 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210608_080042397 (resized).jpgIMG_20210608_080042397 (resized).jpg

(Pay no attention to the cat. That's Bubbs. He gets into everything!)

-Paul

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Hope this helps.

(Pay no attention to the cat. That's Bubbs. He gets into everything!)
-Paul

Thanks for the pics. I saw just what i needed to do. Much appreciated. Had to go out of town but i will fix my AP up when i get back, joined the club. Btw cats always make pinball better.

3 months later
#400 2 years ago

Anyone remove the play field protector on their Austin powers? Mine is looking rough

I want to pull mine off but a little worried it may take up some artwork. The games starting to get old.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 546 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-club-yeah-baby/page/8?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.