IMG_5483 (resized).jpg
IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
IMG_5488 (resized).jpg
IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
IMG_5487 (resized).jpg
20230817_144348 (resized).jpg
2DC7F0A9-F68C-49D8-A9FF-65768A7592F9 (resized).jpeg
9B4E6E48-1861-41A5-86CA-E6E9DDB05A58 (resized).jpeg
There are 546 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I finally broke down and put the most current ROM chip in my game. I upgraded from V 3.01 to 3.02. I didn't notice much difference other than Time Machine multiball doesnt go on and on and on. The big difference that caught my eye is that Fat Bastard is now called Fat Man...NO WAY! I hate this. His name is Fat Bastard, not Fat Man. I went back to V3.01

Before I started the colorization work I updated my machine to the latest ROMs, 3.02 for game code and 3.00 for the display. Do you have the latest display ROM installed?

I still see fat bastard displayed on my game. What screens do you fat man instead of fat bastard?

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ever notice when you are in time machine multiball that it keeps going and going? The new code fixes that. Other than that everything is still the same. You still can turn on/off Washington DC mode. I just didnt like the name change of FB to FM. Time machine multi isnt that big of a deal to me, thats why i went back to 3.01

I figured time machine is supposed to keep going as long as you still have 2 balls. It seems like you should be able to earn multiple SJPs if you're playing well.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Before I started the colorization work I updated my machine to the latest ROMs, 3.02 for game code and 3.00 for the display. Do you have the latest display ROM installed?

Hmm, not sure! I will check and report back once i get home tonight. Its on the FB multiball screen. Thank you for the help.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yep I have 3.0 on the display rom

IMG_2243 (resized).jpgIMG_2243 (resized).jpg
#305 4 years ago

Are you sure you switched adult speech back on?

I just checked mine and it still said fat bastard when adult speech was enabled and switched to fat man when adult speech was disabled.

I also noticed a miscolored frame when fat man mode was on that I will address with an update.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Are you sure you switched adult speech back on?

Well...You are right! I guess I didn't have adult speech on. I tested it again and made sure it was on this time and all works as it should. Thank you for the help

#307 4 years ago

Are the pics of the DMD both LED and LCD? I believe the LCD has the more pixel look to it?

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from corvettepinner:

Are the pics of the DMD both LED and LCD? I believe the LCD has the more pixel look to it?

I am guessing those are both LCD. On the LCD you can choose between various size pixels or the smooth filled in look, while on the LED ones they just do pixels, but are brighter.

#309 4 years ago

my pics are of an LCD set on scan mode

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar123:

I am guessing those are both LCD. On the LCD you can choose between various size pixels or the smooth filled in look, while on the LED ones they just do pixels, but are brighter.

Good to know -- worth the extra money!

1 week later
#311 4 years ago

Anybody have any luck getting the vessel to not get stuck between dr evil and spinning Austin?

1 month later
#312 4 years ago

LCD installed! Very nice finish for my AP!!!
IMG_2103 (resized).JPGIMG_2103 (resized).JPG
IMG_2098 (resized).JPGIMG_2098 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#313 4 years ago

Got these custom pop bumper covers from fellow pinsider docquest. Lovin' these...

IMG_1651 (resized).jpgIMG_1651 (resized).jpgIMG_1649 (resized).jpgIMG_1649 (resized).jpg
#314 4 years ago

Oops. double post.

1 month later
#315 4 years ago

Hi,
Recently got Austin Powers. Really fun game. Some questions. What is the wire piece on a bolt resting against the toilet resevoir? Can see it in pictures of other AP's. So reading manual looks like BSTM2000 does output stero? Game sound is very hummy. Have 4.7 resistors coming to try as Pini-wiki shows for this problem. Resistors on the back of the board did the trick. No more humming like the grocery store freezeer section.
This guy is a keeper. Replaced broken shooter rod and assembly, toilet seat. Added spot lights for Mini Me, Double one side for Fat Bastard, other side for time machine. Color DMD, Flipper Fidelity back box light board, replaced side rails with Pinball Life very nice set, Cointaker color changing flipper buttons. Since this game start button has no wiring for a light or to control light when credits are on the game. Added a clear arcade button and color changing led.

#316 4 years ago

I believe the wire there to prevent stuck balls

#317 4 years ago

Do any of you guys have a set of playfield ramps for Austin? Please PM me if you have available

2 months later
#318 4 years ago

Does anybody have the Decal set 820-6284-XX and can scan it for me?

I‘m also looking for the plastics scanned.

#319 4 years ago

So I figured out why some people don't have the time machine ejecting the ball forward. Mine never did and I thought it was normal until I played another one on location and then I remembered people talking about it in this thread. Turns out that if the ramp switch isn't working, the opto will turn on the magnet and drop the ball through the back, it then uses the mini-me switch to register a time machine hit. I fixed the switch and now it spits the ball forward as it should.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I fixed the switch and now it spits the ball forward as it should.

What's the point then in having the catch mechanism in the back of the time machine. Are you saying it should spit the ball out front every time? I've had 3 AP's and every one when the ball was caught in the time machine, it throws it into the rear. I'm going to double check my ramp switch tonight and see if it's working. Great info btw! Never knew this...

#321 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I fixed the switch and now it spits the ball forward as it should.

Just checked the opto and ramp switch. All working fine. Ball gets caught and released every time to the back of the time machine. That's why I'm not sure it's supposed to go foward unless somethings wrong with the magnet hold or power of the magnet.

#322 4 years ago

It's supposed to go forward until multiball. The magnet would be the last element. You can test it in the diags menu.

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Just checked the opto and ramp switch. All working fine. Ball gets caught and released every time to the back of the time machine. That's why I'm not sure it's supposed to go foward unless somethings wrong with the magnet hold or power of the magnet.

Is the ball actually triggering the ramp switch? It seems like airballs can hop over it if it's not set super sensitive.

#324 4 years ago

Yep. Rolling the ball up with my hand in test mode and game play. Magnet holds it for a few seconds then pushes it back. Reading thru past posts, people mentioned the magnet will sometimes release forward and other times to the back. Random. Like I mentioned, I had 3 AP's and all have rolled ball back. Everything is working correctly in diags. Very confusing now.

#325 4 years ago

My AP will shoot the ball out at you and it sure seams to be random . Sometimes it will shoot it between the flippers and give you a ball save !

#326 4 years ago

So I just watched The PAPApinball video for AP. Every time machine shot was held then sent to the back. During Time machine multiball, he didn't hit the time machine shot so I can't verify where the ball goes during that. My first AP I purchased new. All time machine shots during regular play had the ball going to the back. Never thought it shouldn't be this way as the next 2 AP's I've owned worked the same way. Whatever. Love the game. Probably why I keep getting it back!

#327 4 years ago

My game shoots forward and sometimes goes back. Like someone said before, totally random.

On a side note, does anybody else have a terrible issue with backbox glare. Tried the dmd glare guard but it only blocks the dmd and my glare is mainly from the translite. Any suggestions?

I know about pdi glass, and all that. Just wondering if somebody had a more cost effective alternative

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from kba78:

My game shoots forward and sometimes goes back. Like someone said before, totally random.
On a side note, does anybody else have a terrible issue with backbox glare. Tried the dmd glare guard but it only blocks the dmd and my glare is mainly from the translite. Any suggestions?
I know about pdi glass, and all that. Just wondering if somebody had a more cost effective alternative

Adding more lighting to the game and playing in a well lit room helps but it's still a bit rough.
I wonder if an anti-glare film like you might use on a computer monitor would help?

#329 4 years ago

Yep. Rolling the ball up with my hand in test mode and game play. Magnet holds it for a few seconds then pushes it back. Reading thru past posts, people mentioned the magnet will sometimes release forward and other times to the back. Random. Like I mentioned, I had 3 AP's and all have rolled ball back. Everything is working correctly in diags. Very confusing now.

Hi never - check the 4 amp fuse at F20 in the back box behind the DMD. This fuse pertains to the magnet in the time machine. I had my machine for years and never even knew that the ball should be held briefly in the opening of the time machine and sometimes be thrown back towards you until I saw someone's AP do it at a show. I replaced that fuse and now mine will randomly throw the ball back towards me after it briefly holds it in the hole.

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi never - check the 4 amp fuse at F20 in the back box behind the DMD. This fuse pertains to the magnet in the time machine. I had my machine for years and never even knew that the ball should be held briefly in the opening of the time machine and sometimes be thrown back towards you until I saw someone's AP do it at a show. I replaced that fuse and now mine will randomly throw the ball back towards me after it briefly holds it in the hole.

I don't think the magnet would function at all without that fuse though, the time machine is just an air ball fest if the magnet is broken.

#331 4 years ago

If anyone wants to see the time machine throw the ball forward - go to YouTube - AP game play find M&P Amusements 2013 ( feel free if you know how to link it ) @ 2:25 it throwes it foward . If you watch the video you will see the Dr. Evil switch needs to be adjusted . Still waiting for a Dr. Evil movie !

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I don't think the magnet would function at all without that fuse though, the time machine is just an air ball fest if the magnet is broken.

You are correct. The magnet doesn't function. That's the experience I had on my machine before I replaced the fuse. The ball would just roll up the ramp and come back or once in a great while it would actually roll through the hole. Once the fuse was replaced, the magnet grabs the ball every time and either lets it roll through or kicks it back.

#333 4 years ago

So you can also see it work in TNT #732 video @ 3:20 . If the magnet catches the ball at all I would think the magnet is working . Not sure what makes the magnet throw the ball . I have a Ripley's that does and had a Cirqus Voltaire that from the top of the Ringmaster you didn't know where it was going to throw it .

#334 4 years ago

My toilet gets clogged. When Im in a multiball and I shoot 2 balls into the toilet, they get stuck and cant pop out. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so what have you done to fix it?

#335 4 years ago

bicyclenut I disabled the post that holds the balls in there, now they aren't held momentarily after making the shot or starting FB multiball. Others have bent the wire form towards the flippers that sits just under the front of the toilet lid. Bending didn't help on mine when I tried it however.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

bicyclenut I disabled the post that holds the balls in there, now they aren't held momentarily after making the shot or starting FB multiball. Others have bent the wire form towards the flippers that sits just under the front of the toilet lid. Bending didn't help on mine when I tried it however.

I like the idea of disabling that post in general, it would give much better flow. A FB mod I did for a tournament I ran recently was to put a couple 5/16 rubbers on the post sleeves surrounding the toilet, this not only made the shot tighter, but also gave some very dangerous rebounds. It made 4 player game times under 20 minutes, whereas they were 25+ minutes before.

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

A FB mod I did for a tournament I ran recently was to put a couple 5/16 rubbers on the post sleeves surrounding the toilet, this not only made the shot tighter, but also gave some very dangerous rebounds. It made 4 player game times under 20 minutes, whereas they were 25+ minutes before.

DOOD this could be a game changer! It always has long game times.

#338 4 years ago

Hello fellow Pinheads!

I have made myself an owner of this awesome pin, but after maybe 100 plays a problem with the scoop not registrating hits emerged... The ball just stays there until the ball seeker kicks it out.

Anybody?

Best Regards
Pete

#339 4 years ago

Probably just a loose wire or switch adjustment. Have you looked at it yet?

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from JakeSavage:

Hello fellow Pinheads!
I have made myself an owner of this awesome pin, but after maybe 100 plays a problem with the scoop not registrating hits emerged... The ball just stays there until the ball seeker kicks it out.
Anybody?
Best Regards
Pete

I think it's an opto in there? I had the same problem at one point and it was either cleaning the opto, or adjusting the switch.

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

I like the idea of disabling that post in general, it would give much better flow. A FB mod I did for a tournament I ran recently was to put a couple 5/16 rubbers on the post sleeves surrounding the toilet, this not only made the shot tighter, but also gave some very dangerous rebounds. It made 4 player game times under 20 minutes, whereas they were 25+ minutes before.

Here is what I did to my Austin about 3 years ago, and it made the machine a lot meaner.

Quoted from djreddog:

AP Club members,
Also, I've had my AP for about 3 months now and I quickly became bored with it after 2.5 months. My girlfriend loved to play it, but never with me because I would routinely have 10+ minute ball times and would almost always score over 500,000,000. The key for me was hitting the Fat Bastard backhand shot which would allow me to rack up points quickly. So I knew something needed to change so we could play together, so I made the game harder and boy it paid off. Since I made the changes I have yet to break 100,000,000 million and I have yet to start Fat Bastard multiball "naturally", meaning without the assistance of the Mystery Award. First thing I did was change all of the game settings to extra hard, that didn't make too much of a difference. Next I set the incline to 7.1, that makes for a fast playing AP. Additionally I moved the outlane bumpers all the way out making outlane drains super brutal. Lastly, I added Titan fat silicone bumpers to the 4 posts on the left ramp and the right ramp. Not only does this make the Fat Bastard shot much more difficult, when you miss you get brutal bounces and the game plays super fast. I now enjoy playing AP so much more because it is challenging and the girlfriend really doesn't notice the changes and still enjoys it so we can now flip happily ever after. See pic below.
[quoted image]

Also, my Austin would throw the ball back down the middle randomly.

ap-glass (resized).JPGap-glass (resized).JPG
1 month later
#342 4 years ago

So I'm back in the club bought mine back from a friend that routed it he had to replace the original Mini Me when it broke in half the one he replaced it with has legs and shoes that move are these just glued on the original's or are there screws used to keep things from moving?

#343 4 years ago

LCD installed! Very nice finish for my AP!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

If I might inquire where did you get the colorful decal around the speakers?

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

So I'm back in the club bought mine back from a friend that routed it he had to replace the original Mini Me when it broke in half the one he replaced it with has legs and shoes that move are these just glued on the original's or are there screws used to keep things from moving?

Mine was glued

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

If I might inquire where did you get the colorful decal around the speakers?

Tilt graphics has a similar one I used on my game. They also have a union jack flag design.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/austin-powers

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Tilt graphics has a similar one I used on my game. They also have a union jack flag design.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/austin-powers

Awesome... Thanks man!

#347 4 years ago

Has anyone added Pinsound to their AP?

#348 4 years ago

Still on the hunt for a coin door decal if anyone has a spare from a set they didn't use.

1 week later
#349 4 years ago

Has anyone found a good solution for lighting the Fat Bastard figure better? I have a spotlight on the left sling but can't really get a good punch of light from there.

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Has anyone found a good solution for lighting the Fat Bastard figure better? I have a spotlight on the left sling but can't really get a good punch of light from there.

I used a hex post and a spotlight like this.

20200214_122842 (resized).jpg20200214_122842 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
Cloverdale, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 546 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-club-yeah-baby/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.