IMG_5483 (resized).jpg
IMG_5484 (resized).jpg
IMG_5488 (resized).jpg
IMG_5486 (resized).jpg
IMG_5487 (resized).jpg
20230817_144348 (resized).jpg
2DC7F0A9-F68C-49D8-A9FF-65768A7592F9 (resized).jpeg
9B4E6E48-1861-41A5-86CA-E6E9DDB05A58 (resized).jpeg
There are 546 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Ahh ok thanks! So where those screws attach to the motor is slotted?!

Don’t think so, the mechanism sandwiched in the middle moves….I believe

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamonsoff:

Don’t think so, the mechanism sandwiched in the middle moves….I believe

Ahhh ok.

I bent the bracket a tiny bit and solved the problem. I didn't realize those screws were for adjustment. All set now! thank you

#454 2 years ago

I really liked the way you did the X-Men sound update. that didn't require buying a $400 pin sound. I think it's an awesome thing that you did for Austin Powers but I just don't see a lot of people spending that kind of money to upgrade the sound.

#455 2 years ago

“Groovy baby!”

B9EFCCAA-C8A3-417D-BDF9-B6D399D141F1 (resized).jpegB9EFCCAA-C8A3-417D-BDF9-B6D399D141F1 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#456 2 years ago

So I attempted to install a colour DMD earlier this week, but unfortunately it produced a very high pitched whine when all the leds are illuminated during certain animations. It was so bad I reinstalled the original Stern DMD. I thought it was a defective DMD, but when I listen to original DMD on the same animations, there is a louder buzz. I guess the LED DMD just amplified the existing problem.

So my question is, has anyone experienced the same problem and was able to resolve it? Or has anyone installed an LCD display as an alternative and was successful at removing the buzz/whine? I’ve read some threads of people capping the boards, but it didn’t resolve the issue.

Thoughts?

#457 2 years ago

I have a color LCD dmd installed and have no noise, whine,etc.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Same here.

#459 2 years ago

same here

#460 2 years ago

Crap….guess I’m re-capping everything. Update to follow

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamonsoff:

Crap….guess I’m re-capping everything. Update to follow

My father always said... "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

1 week later
#462 2 years ago

Is the original artwork on the cabinet painted on or is it a decal? I cant tell

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Is the original artwork on the cabinet painted on or is it a decal? I cant tell

It's screen printed. No decal.

#464 2 years ago

It's screen printed. No decal.

Thats what i thought. Thanks

#465 2 years ago

Joined the club recently, total overhaul!

20220422_110500 (resized).jpg20220422_110500 (resized).jpg
#466 2 years ago

Awesome! Welcome! Got Pinsound yet?

#467 2 years ago

New Pinsound card, New Flipper Fidelity speakers, New Titan rubber kit. I took both ramps off and cleaned the playfield and plastics and installed the new rubber. I also made a new Dr. Evil as mine lost his hand and was pretty banged up. WOW its like a whole new game. All other mods you see I had done years ago.

IMG_7013 (resized).JPGIMG_7013 (resized).JPG
#468 1 year ago

I think I heard the Hand was deleted at the factory because it kept breaking off . I also had to buy a Fat Bastard toy so I could add the bag pipes !

#469 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

New Pinsound card, New Flipper Fidelity speakers, New Titan rubber kit. I took both ramps off and cleaned the playfield and plastics and installed the new rubber. I also made a new Dr. Evil as mine lost his hand and was pretty banged up. WOW its like a whole new game. All other mods you see I had done years ago.
[quoted image]

Looks great! Nice job. I think you the first person besides me with the Pinsound Ultimate Mix. How do you like it?

#470 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballshark:

Looks great! Nice job. I think you the first person besides me with the Pinsound Ultimate Mix. How do you like it?

Oh man it is great! Thank you for all the hard work. I think the only thing i want to change (for me and not necessary) is the Shag hurry up and use the Led Zeppelin whole lotta love instead of the Dennis Coffey mix. Either way it is perfect and the sounds are so clear. There is so much adjustment with the Pinsound card you can really dial in the levels. Im so enthralled by this game all over again. Ive owned mine for the about 6-7 years now and havent played it much in awhile. Honestly because of the new sounds and quality of the sounds. Plus with the new speakers, it sounds soooo good.

#471 1 year ago

Has anyone put the pinsound shaker motor in their Austin Powers? If so, how do you like it?

#472 1 year ago

Glad you like the mix. I haven't tried the shaker on Austin Powers yet. I have one on my STTNG and it's a bit too active for me. It is adjustable, but the stock settings is too much shake. I have spent so much time on this mix, I haven't had time to tweak that one. I think I'll get one for AP at some point in the future, then I'll tweak the settings for it and include it in the Pinsound mix.

1 month later
#473 1 year ago

Hello everyone! I wanted to reach out to this group and see if anyone has any suggestions on troubleshooting an issue with my Dancing Austin. My Austin Powers figure seems to struggle to spin. Sometimes he does not move at all, but you can definitely hear the coil firing every time, and you can see him at the very least jerk due to the coil trying to spin him. It seems like the plunger connecting arm is not able to overcome the spring force, therefore causing him to not spin. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am tempted to install a new mounting post for the connecting arm and see if this improves things. Hopefully this explanation makes sense and someone is able to offer me some troubleshooting steps! Thanks!

#474 1 year ago

Are you sure it's not spun with a magnet ? That's what mine seams like ?

#475 1 year ago

No it's not a magnet. First thing to do is get a manual if you don't already have one. There are detailed descriptions of almost every component. You can see from the pictures how it should look. Open up the playfield and look at it. Try moving it freely with your hand. It might be binding. Take pictures to have as backup. You may need to replace some of the parts but don't go taking things apart unless your comfortable putting it back together. PM me and I can provide more details for disassembling and service.

#476 1 year ago

I was having similar issues. I replaced the spring and I had to play with the tension. Works really good now. Also make sure the nylon sleeve is clean. I also noticed the linkage gets sloppy too.

1 week later
#477 1 year ago

I read through this whole thread and was surprised to see that no one has come up with an official Topper for Austin Powers. I know some people have added figures and things like that but is there a topper made for the game by anyone? Does anybody want to take on that project?

#478 1 year ago

How about a Shark with a real "laser beam" on top of it's frickin' head!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That is a great mod. Can you tell me where you got the shark with the laser mod?

#479 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollon:

I read through this whole thread and was surprised to see that no one has come up with an official Topper for Austin Powers.

In 2001 not too many games had toppers. Many have made toys / knick-knacks into toppers with varying success.

1 month later
#480 1 year ago

Does anyone have a list of a good combination of LED's to use in this machine? I'm in the UK so will need to know exactly what to order. Can't just order kits from the US, as much as I would love to. Imports are killing us brexiteers.

#481 1 year ago

Anyone?

#482 1 year ago
Quoted from BigPhil:

Does anyone have a list of a good combination of LED's to use in this machine? I'm in the UK so will need to know exactly what to order. Can't just order kits from the US, as much as I would love to. Imports are killing us brexiteers.

Just order a bunch of white lights and do the GI with them. I use Comet super brights warm white, then color match the inserts.

#483 1 year ago

I just buy bulk from Comet. I use the cool white. I also use non ghosting cool white for the inserts. I added a spotlight on the left side. I color match a Red bulb with a red insert only. Gives it a deep red, the other colors not so much and i just use a cool white bulb.

2 weeks later
#484 1 year ago

Had to add a little Goldmember touch to my Austin Powers. Never really liked the original toilet.

AP4 (resized).JPGAP4 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#485 1 year ago
Quoted from DADDIO13:

Had to add a little Goldmember touch to my Austin Powers. Never really liked the original toilet.
[quoted image]

Did you just paint it? Looks sweet!

#486 1 year ago

Im debating on getting either a rush pro or Austin powers. I personally am theme driven and Austin powers fires up my mojo. Looks like a fun and comical pin.

#487 1 year ago

The most played game in my collection. If you like the movies and humor, you cannot go wrong! Of course I'm talking about Austin powers!

#488 1 year ago

The most played game in my collection. If you like the movies and humor, you cannot go wrong! Of course I'm talking about Austin powers!

Thanks. I think i will get Austin Powers. I LOVE the movie and also humor in a pin.

#489 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Thanks. I think i will get Austin Powers. I LOVE the movie and also humor in a pin.

You can't go wrong with an AP in your collection. We still play ours everyime.

#490 1 year ago
Quoted from DADDIO13:

[quoted image]

Just ordered one. Looks like a gold plated toilet IS in the cards baby.

#491 1 year ago

My favorite quote - You shot me you A- hole ! I laugh every time !

#492 1 year ago

For anyone who's interested in joining the club I have a nice one up for sale. Just bought a few new games so unfortunately something needs to go...

Machine - For Sale
Austin Powers Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Selling my Austin Powers pinball machine, recently shopped it out and it’s plays great. Playfield looks nice with orginal mylar still in tact. Ramps are good with no major damage...”
2022-09-28
Richfield, MI
5,999 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 605 times

#493 1 year ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

My favorite quote - You shot me you A- hole ! I laugh every time !

One of mine too! In fact, it's my attract mode message.

IMG_4521 (resized).jpgIMG_4521 (resized).jpg
#494 1 year ago
Quoted from DADDIO13:

[quoted image]

Wow! I ordered it Friday night and it arrived today. Easy install and it looks awesome. Thanks DADDIO13!

IMG_4517 (resized).jpgIMG_4517 (resized).jpgIMG_4520 (resized).jpgIMG_4520 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#495 1 year ago

New here and getting ready to clean up this dirty pig. Game plays fine but needs a serious cleansing and all new rubber and a few bulbs. I also had to order a Time Machine drive belt. One thing I don’t understand is how the time machine shot it is supposed to work. It seems all but impossible to make because the ball just bounces off the disc. Anyone have an explanation to help me better understand?

66E59031-3C08-4ECC-8855-4BD57CF13EBD (resized).jpeg66E59031-3C08-4ECC-8855-4BD57CF13EBD (resized).jpeg79A7E983-22D0-4CD4-AEEE-59F4D57FA5DA (resized).jpeg79A7E983-22D0-4CD4-AEEE-59F4D57FA5DA (resized).jpegC9C09AA5-53B3-4AC2-834A-E9EB483365F3 (resized).jpegC9C09AA5-53B3-4AC2-834A-E9EB483365F3 (resized).jpeg
#496 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

New here and getting ready to clean up this dirty pig. Game plays fine but needs a serious cleansing and all new rubber and a few bulbs. I also had to order a Time Machine drive belt. One thing I don’t understand is how the time machine shot it is supposed to work. It seems all but impossible to make because the ball just bounces off the disc. Anyone have an explanation to help me better understand?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi Outlaw - Welcome to the club! In regard to the time machine portal, check the 4 amp fuse at F20 in the back box behind the DMD. This fuse pertains to the magnet in the time machine. I had my machine for years and never even knew that the ball should be held briefly in the opening of the time machine before it is released and rolls through and sometimes is even thrown back towards you! I replaced that blown fuse and now mine works great. Good luck!

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi Outlaw - Welcome to the club! In regard to the time machine portal, check the 4 amp fuse at F20 in the back box behind the DMD. This fuse pertains to the magnet in the time machine. I had my machine for years and never even knew that the ball should be held briefly in the opening of the time machine before it is released and rolls through and sometimes is even thrown back towards you! I replaced that blown fuse and now mine works great. Good luck!

Sure enough the fuse fixed it. Thanks for quick response

#498 1 year ago

Next question. How does the laser beam work? Do you have to hit the left ramp or is the time machine supposed to feed it when it rotates? It seems that I get the laser beam activated but the ball isn’t in it and fires empty

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Next question. How does the laser beam work? Do you have to hit the left ramp or is the time machine supposed to feed it when it rotates? It seems that I get the laser beam activated but the ball isn’t in it and fires empty

Hit the left ramp multiple times (depending on game settings) and the magnet on the left ramp will divert the ball to the laser. There is also a mystery award that will instantly light the left ramp.

Also, when I first got my machine, the left magnet never grabbed the ball because to divert it to the laser because it was sitting too far back. There is a screw that allows you to slide the magnet back and forth.

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Hit the left ramp multiple times (depending on game settings) and the magnet on the left ramp will divert the ball to the laser. There is also a mystery award that will instantly light the left ramp.
Also, when I first got my machine, the left magnet never grabbed the ball because to divert it to the laser because it was sitting too far back. There is a screw that allows you to slide the magnet back and forth.

Thanks. Turns out someone had the wiring for the time machine switch and left ramp switch crossed. Once I fixed that it functions properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Palm Beach, FL
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
There are 546 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-club-yeah-baby/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.