Topic Stats

• 201 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by docquest
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 95 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ap full (resized).jpg
ap right2 (resized).jpg
ap right (resized).jpg
ap front (resized).jpg
B48B6E3B-9AB5-4C70-BED0-D0F0A236AC8C (resized).jpeg
AAFFC64A-2BD9-4E6E-AF7E-C579DE227FD6 (resized).jpeg
95A3FD06-FF69-4B3F-A551-FCC4A2318D51 (resized).jpeg
ED02696C-56E5-402B-B705-48C84EF3EC6B (resized).jpeg
9C931841-2E02-4A33-BC67-539893E06CA9 (resized).jpeg
014 (resized).JPG
IMG_1410 (resized).JPG
IMG_1408 (resized).JPG
20180329_105202 (resized).jpg
20180329_104754 (resized).jpg
20180329_103422 (resized).jpg
20180329_095439 (resized).jpg

There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 2 years ago

After searching Pinside for mods and bling for Austin Powers, I realized we need an AP Club thread!

Please use this thread to post pics and details for mods you have made to your AP.

#2 2 years ago

Not my games below, but like the mods so posting here so others can see. Not sure where the Mini-Me action figure came from.

Mezco Fat Bastard Action Figure Mod:
ap-fb.jpg

Mini-Me Action Figure Mod:
ap-mini-me.jpg

#3 2 years ago

The pics below are of Hank527's game with CC'd playfield. Going to experiment with LED colors on mine, using his as reference.

ap-led1.jpg
ap-led4.jpg
ap-led5.jpg
ap-led2.jpg

#4 2 years ago

These Micro Display Mods are not listed on my website or Mezel's yet, but they are available. Plays video on power-up and repeats until power-down.

AP1.jpg

#5 2 years ago

Love AP, always a favorite with visitors! Lots of toys, great call outs.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

Love AP, always a favorite with visitors! Lots of toys, great call outs.

Always the most played when friends come over. I own a HUO that's gorgeous! Upgrades include Flipper Fidelity Backbox LED panel, color changing speaker inserts, custom toppers, playfield toys, Titan rubber & more! I've purged my collection 3 times and still AP stays!-Joe

AUSTIN POWERS (24).JPG
AUSTIN POWERS (23).JPG
023.JPG
AUSTIN POWERS (15).JPG

#7 2 years ago

Will someone please make a " Lazor " mod like the one for TWD minus the cross bow .

#8 2 years ago

The laser mod for Austin Powers would be sweet. Might also be cool to have the laser beam itself, or a shark with the laser as a topper or toy inside the game.

Found the laser beam prop from Austin Powers online...

Shark Laser Beam:

shark_laser_3.jpg

#9 2 years ago

@ Joe: how did you attach the toys to the slingshot plastics please? I bought these as well to copy you
Also have a 12" mini me to serve as topper. I understand all the bad press this game gets but I personally frickin' love it too.

minime.jpg

#10 2 years ago

Here you go Rudy68!
022.JPG
AUSTIN POWERS (18).JPG

#11 2 years ago

Thanks, that looks Groovy! I'll get some pics up when I've installed my toys.

3 months later
#12 2 years ago

MNHotRod-

Great thread. Your pictures that you started the thread with -are part of the sale pictures when I bought game in 11/15. It has a different Fat Bastard and Mini me. Apparently, they were stock part of last run of machine from Stern.

I would be curious where NEVERHIGHSCORE got his mod toys (chicks). His game looks awesome.

#13 2 years ago

I am in the process of bringing a AP back to life, does anyone have any ramps, apron, or translite that they are willing to part with?

#14 2 years ago

Where can I get a new toilet seat mines broken at the front screw

#15 2 years ago

Yep, I love my AP...great game!

#16 2 years ago

Yeah my ramp is so trashed ..

I'm going to have to build a stainless detail to make it work ..

I do like the game , but what a piece of shit it is .. ..seems so cheap

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from ThreeAmigos:

I would be curious where NEVERHIGHSCORE got his mod toys (chicks). His game looks awesome.

Thanks for the compliment! Most of the toys , toppers, etc. were purchased thru E-bay. There's a lot of stuff out there for AP fans!

1 week later
#18 2 years ago

Sometimes mine will kickout 2-4 balls @ the start of a ball any ideas on what's causing this and how to fix

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Rudy68:

I understand all the bad press this game gets

I don't understand all the bad press this game gets. I love my AP, and I agree, it is usually played as much as any other game in my collection. This game is a fan layout, with lots of shots, and toys......exactly what everyone seems to be wanting.....This is "sac relig", but I really don't think it is very different shooting then other games in my collection like AFM, or AMH......both fan layouts with lots of shots and toys. I guess it is the theme that turns people off.........Another game in my collection that I love, but "popular consensus" says is a turd is Sopranos.

Oh well, to each their own........at least it keeps them affordable

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Sometimes mine will kickout 2-4 balls @ the start of a ball any ideas on what's causing this and how to fix

The optos in the ball trough are either out of line or going bad. My machine did the same thing, as well as kick out random balls during gameplay. I replaced the optos and have had no problems since.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Quoted from gac:

The optos in the ball trough are either out of line or going bad. My machine did the same thing, as well as kick out random balls during gameplay. I replaced the optos and have had no problems since.

What Gac says. Order both opto boards(part numbers are in manual) and you'll be good to go!

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

That's probably how you beat my high score. Haha

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

That's probably how you beat my high score. Haha

Don't laugh your my tech so it's just one more thing for you to fix

1 month later
#24 2 years ago

i have had a ap for some time now and over time my spinning austin as become weak and not spinning like it use too
i have replaced the coil and coil sleeve and the spring and everything looks aligned properly. could someone post a pic underneath the playfield in that area so i can compare???? or some pointers what to do next???

2 weeks later
#25 2 years ago

Can someone tell me what display this is?

image_(resized).png

#26 2 years ago

Hellloooooooo.....is there anybody out thereeee??

#27 2 years ago

Here is my Austin Powers topper.

ap_topper_(resized).JPG

1 week later
#28 2 years ago

Fingers crossed. I should be a member tomorrow once again. A fantastic machine.

IMG_0102_(2)_(resized).jpg

IMG_7127_(resized).jpg

IMG_9605_(2)_(resized).jpg

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

Where can I get a new toilet seat mines broken at the front screw

PM me and maybe Just3dmods can 3d print one for you!

#30 2 years ago

Just purchase and AP and very pleased. The seller has one of five prototypes in his home. Different fat bastard and other toys. Anyone heard of these prototypes.

#31 2 years ago

Are these the toys you are referring to?

image_(resized).jpeg

#32 2 years ago

It's all in the details.

image_(resized).jpeg

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

It's all in the details.

Cool!

1 week later
#34 2 years ago

I just got an AP. I thought I would flip it. I played it and actually really like it. I will restore and mod it. I will get a new Dr. Evil. Someplace there was a protector to cover the front, especially his hand. I can't find that. Does anyone know or have a suggestion to protect a new figure when I install?

I need to look in detail but is the light under Dr. Evil a 555 or flasher? Mine has a 555 but does not work so need to track it down. Just haven't spent any time yet and although I have the soft copy of the manual, I haven't looked in detail.

I did fix my laser beam diverter by moving the magnet all the way to the right. But then it blocked the ball, so I moved it to the left a little. You can see in the picture where the coil originally was all the way to the left. This 1/8" or so made all the difference in reliably diverting the ball.

I will do all LEDs and appreciate the pictures above as a template. My display is weak and may buy a ColorDMD for my Monster Bash and use that good DMD here. The Cliffy protector is a must. I'll buy extra Dr. Evil as stated above and Mini Me as a spare.

Thanks
Michael

IMG_4989_(resized).jpg

#35 2 years ago

Welcome to the club Michael. AP is truly an underrated pin IMHO. Enjoy it Baby! Yeah!

2 weeks later
#36 2 years ago

Does anyone know who makes or where to find a protector that protects Dr Evil's Hand?

The light under the play field of Dr Evil is not working. I have not looked in detail. Is this a GI light, Game controlled? I assume not a flasher.

#37 2 years ago

Just installed Tilt Graphics GameBlades. Yeah Baby!!!!

003_(resized).JPG
001_(resized).JPG
012_(resized).JPG

#38 2 years ago

Dang those look good!

#39 2 years ago

Man I love your collection. If you ever want to sell your AP, please let me know.

Ryan

#40 2 years ago

I got a set from Tilt in Allentown. Haven't installed mine yet. But looking at yours, they make me Randy! yeah.

#41 2 years ago

Does anyone here own IM as well as AP? Since IM and AP are the same layout I was just wondering if it's very noticeable

1 month later
#42 2 years ago

The tilt blades finish this machine up perfect!

image_(resized).jpeg

#43 2 years ago

any good instruction cards around for this pin?
thanks

#44 2 years ago

Quoted from mbelofsky:Does anyone know who makes or where to find a protector that protects Dr Evil's Hand?
The light under the play field of Dr Evil is not working. I have not looked in detail. Is this a GI light, Game controlled? I assume not a flasher.

Never heard of a place selling a protector for Dr Evil. There was a guy who made a custom cover out of plexiglass and mounted it to the figurine, however the hand still eventually broke off.
On another note, I just realized anytime I hit the laser beam shot with success, the DMD says "Effect 57" or something similar. I just finished watching a video of AP being played and when they hit the shot, a laser beam blows up the White House. How do I get this effect on my DMD?

Added over 2 years ago:

Quoted from mbelofsky:Does anyone know who makes or where to find a protector that protects Dr Evil's Hand?

Never heard of a place selling a protector for Dr Evil. There was a guy who made a custom cover out of plexiglass and mounted it to the figurine, however the hand still eventually broke off.

On another note, I just realized anytime I hit the laser beam shot with success, the DMD says "Effect 8A" or something similar. I just finished watching a video of AP being played and when they hit the shot, a laser beam blows up the White House. How do I get this effect on my DMD?

1 week later
#45 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

On another note, I just realized anytime I hit the laser beam shot with success, the DMD says "Effect 8A" or something similar. I just finished watching a video of AP being played and when they hit the shot, a laser beam blows up the White House. How do I get this effect on my DMD?

There was a Service Bulletin soon after 9/11 where they disabled the display of the White House being blown up. You need to go to game adjustments and set it.

Under Adjustments

AP Adjustments

Adjustment 60
Washington DC Enabled
No --> Yes

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

There was a Service Bulletin soon after 9/11 where they disabled the display of the White House being blown up. You need to go to game adjustments and set it.
Under Adjustments
AP Adjustments
Adjustment 60
Washington DC Enabled
No --> Yes

That's hilarious.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Under Adjustments
AP Adjustments
Adjustment 60
Washington DC Enabled
No --> Yes

My Adjustment 60 is "Printer Interface"??? Running code 3.02

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Under Adjustments
AP Adjustments
Adjustment 60
Washington DC Enabled
No --> Yes

I gotta enable this

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

My Adjustment 60 is "Printer Interface"??? Running code 3.02

I am running code 3.01.

Here is the link to the service bulletin:

http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins/service-bulletin-128-austin-powers

It would be strange that they removed this feature in a subsequent code release.

IMG_5956_(resized).jpg

#50 2 years ago

I'm going to guess they did. Here is the only thing I could locate on Sterns site. Code 3.01 has a bug in it.

With CPU/OPSYS EPROM (Game ROM) U210 v3.01 in place on the CPU/Sound Board: If the player does not acheive (score) the Skill Shot* and the ball subsequently drains, the ball will be put back in play repeatedly without advancing to the next ball. * Austin Powers Skill Shot: The opening shot from the plunger at the beginning of each ball, closing either Top Lane Switch #47 or Switch #48.

The fix:

This version of software had an unforseen bug which has been exterminated in v3.02. This is a software problem ONLY with version 3.01.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 208.87
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 12.50
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 201 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside