• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by djreddog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

austin-powers-berge (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeeGeeMtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So I purchased my 1st pinball machine last week, it was AUSTIN POWERS! (I popped my cherry) Diggin' the game and gameplay so far but today I ran into my first technical issue. The balls stopped coming back out. In fact, whenever I click on START now, the game "seems" to start up per usual (music, etc...) but no balls come out.

I turned it OFF and then back ON and noticed that it says "4 balls missing" on the sign on the AP board up top.

I tried "resetting to factory" but nothing changed. No balls are coming out.

Anyone have a clue on how to fix this? (and yes, I will be contacting the place I purchased it from as well, but they were a pretty incompetent bunch, so I'd rather try and figure it out myself).

Thx!

austin-powers-berge (resized).JPGaustin-powers-berge (resized).JPG

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

Most likely an issue around the wiring of the ball trough.
Lift the playfield and locate the ball trough (where the balls sit).
Check the wiring and plugs that connect to this mechanism.
Very likely a plug has come adrift or a wire has broken off in this area.

Thanks for the feedback! I tried this but everything looked kosher to me. Nothing seemed out of place.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you put it in diagnostics then switch test, if you press the shooter lane switch with your finger while in switch test, does it register? If not, you have a column out in your switch matrix. Column 2 is 2 ball trough optos and 3 ball trough switches and the shooter lane.

Thanks for the feedback as well! I forgot to mention that I'm totally "green" though, so I didn't understand much after "diagnostics then switch test". What is the shooter lane switch? All I saw when I put the switch test on was some dots but nothing much happened.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BeeGeeMtl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/austin-powers-4-balls-missing?tu=BeeGeeMtl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.