Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by chinosts
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Does anyone know if there are any pinball gatherings happening anytime soon? I heard that there was one happening in Newcastle in September but I havent been able to confirm anything.

Cheers.

#2 10 years ago

If you look on Aussie Arcade they usually have stuff on there pinball forum page. good luck!!

#3 10 years ago

There's a group that meet up at Surfers Paradise every week apparently...I'm sure someone will harp in with some info. We need to get something happening in Brisbane though.

#4 10 years ago

as far as I know Pinfest at Caves Beach Hotel (30 minutes south of Newcastle or 90 minutes north of Sydney) is on

September
    Sat 21st 9.30am - 1pm & 2.00pm - 5.30pm
    Sun 22nd 10am - 3pm

supposed to be 50-60 pins and classic arcades with most set on free play after paid entry

#5 10 years ago

Every Monday night in Perth we meet up at Amusement 4 kids, have a bbq and play all the pins there, the guy that runs it Joe is a Stern dealer........its a good night with about 20 new and old pinballs available to play.

#6 10 years ago

doesn't seem to be any Pin action down Mexico way

#7 10 years ago

Pinfest is your best bet this year, there are also lots of smaller meets that take place throughout the year, and public ones at some of the timezones and some pub locations.

For private meets that are open to forum members jump on Aussie Arcade. There is a dedicated meets section of the forum.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from sleazius:

Pinfest is your best bet this year, there are also lots of smaller meets that take place throughout the year, and public ones at some of the timezones and some pub locations.
    For private meets that are open to forum members jump on Aussie Arcade. There is a dedicated meets section of the forum.

Will do... And thanks for the heads up on Pinfest!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from the4horse:

There's a group that meet up at Surfers Paradise every week apparently...I'm sure someone will harp in with some info. We need to get something happening in Brisbane though.

Definitely... What do you have in mind? Can you think of anywhere suitable maybe with a few decent pins to play as well?

#10 10 years ago

Places like Timezone usually only have one machine, so they're no good...don't know anywhere in Brizzy that has a decent number of games. Must be why they head down the coast to Surfers.

#11 10 years ago

Timezone in Caval Ave has a few 4-5

AC/DC, Metallica and Avengers I think

2 weeks later
    #12 10 years ago

Any Aussies on here going to Pinfest in Newcastle this year? Anyone from Brisbane or near abouts?

#13 10 years ago

Surfers group meets first Wednesday of every month at Time Zone. 6 machines to play - ACDC x 2, Metallica x 2, X men, Avengers. Formal comp or just for fun.

Brisbane group meets on a Sunday, 3 machines there last time. Aussie Arcade has the details.

Seems to bit of argy bargy about Newcastle for some reason last time I read.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Surfers group meets first Wednesday of every month at Time Zone. 6 machines to play - ACDC x 2, Metallica x 2, X men, Avengers. Formal comp or just for fun.
    Brisbane group meets on a Sunday, 3 machines there last time. Aussie Arcade has the details.
    Seems to bit of argy bargy about Newcastle for some reason last time I read.

I'll check Aussie Arcade for the goss... Thanks for the heads up on the Brisbane meet..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aussie-pinball-meetups and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.