62115833-3E8E-459D-BEF7-39908FF80A44 (resized).jpeg
20200714_010258 (resized).jpg
A0E910F0-6CB7-4A46-AE1E-248A25263FB3 (resized).jpeg
20200707_222748 (resized).jpg
20200707_222733 (resized).jpg
50088041772_1f91c8833d_3k (resized).jpg
50087234268_7b3264107a_3k (resized).jpg
50088041027_8b1b729aad_3k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago

I purchased this once in anticipation of getting a Shadow. I think the art is great!

A pinsider who actually had a Shadow was looking for the package and I figured I'd help out someone rather than have mine sit in a tube until I get a Shadow pin myself. Since this is the last run....I may have to get another one, but keep it this time

Thanks for doing this @aurich!

#57 3 years ago

Could anyone tell me if The Shadow translite is the same size/dimensions as a Demolition Man translite?

I have an LED frame with a DM translite in it and was wondering if Aurich's TS translite would also fit.

Thanks

1 week later
#83 3 years ago

I just watched "The Shadow" movie for the first time last night. LOL....it's so bad it's good.

Looking forward to getting this translite Aurich

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Printer told me they're working on speaker panels today, everything should be on track. Had a couple dropouts already, and someone just asked if it was too late to get in. Not too late, between the people dropped out and the extras I have slots still. Just PM me.
Otherwise hope to send the list the final work this week still, I'll be in touch when I hear more.

Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Crap am I too late to get on the list

Just PM him and you should be able to snag a spot from someone who dropped out.

1 week later
#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Didn't hear from my printer today, so I'm assuming shipping early next week. The speaker panels and cards are already on their way I think.
After this is done I might need to take another Pinside break, little disappointed in some things as of late here. Probably best to just fade away. Nice to talk to people for a bit though, still a lot of good people here.

Just tune out the riff raff

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I was wondering how was lighted this alternate translite. If there is a pic available, I would be great. Unless, it will be a surprise!

Voici une photo pour te donner une idée.

408962359354f1f74f8bd4362a017a01246235ec.jpeg408962359354f1f74f8bd4362a017a01246235ec.jpeg

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Every hobby has jerks and stupid people. I tune out plenty, and those that are too loudly stupid I add to my ignore list. But Pinside has some really deeply rooted issues that I can't ignore. There's a lot of hate here, and I'm not a fan. Frankly I don't need it in my life. I'm tired of adding people to that list.
It shows up in a lot of ways. The criticisms of games and ideas that turn personal fast. The constant need to tear things down. Just negative energy after negative energy.
I wrote about how the fighting game community and pinball are different here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backbox-podcast-let-s-talk-about-diversity#post-5705478
My point was when we're playing we're all on the same ground. But when we're a community, hanging out, shooting the shit, doing all of the stuff outside the game, the differences really appear. The FGC's diversity really shines at moments like this, when there's a conversation that needs to happen about how we come together. Pinside tries to pretend it's not happening.
That Backbox podcast thread I linked? Got locked right away because people were being shitty. And frankly a couple were letting their racist side show, let's not pretend otherwise. The Pinside response was to lock the thread right away, hand out some thread ejects a few hours afterwards, and then sit on it for a bit. Then Robin re-opened it with that post approval mode, where nothing shows up without review first.
Took hours for my post to be seen by a mod and appear. Which in and of itself is fine, they're not sitting there just waiting 24/7 to read my post. But let's be real about what that means, it's a conversation killer. That thread was buried alive instead of shot, but the end result will be the same soon enough.
So what does that mean, really? Look who's on that podcast:
Juana Summers (Baltimore Belles + Chimes, IFPA)
Jessica Kent (Belles + Chimes Chicago)
Josh Sharpe (IFPA)
Steven Bowden (Fun With Bonus + Deeproot)
Jack Danger (Deadflip)
Lauren Gray (host)
You're telling me those people discussing an issue inside of pinball is too hot and controversial for Pinside to handle? I have a problem with that. I don't care if you don't agree with them, but if we can't have even the most somewhat polite discussion then maybe there's not a lot of point in hanging out here.

I understand what you are saying. I think it's not exclusive to Pinside though. Everything is hyper partisan these days. Assholes are everywhere and social media (twitter, facebook, pinside, news forums, etc) just fuels that division.

Maybe it's easier for me to brush off or not engage because of the job I do. My work is such a negative place that Pinside seems like a utopia to me. (That says a lot about my work doesn't it? lol)

Anyways, I hope you stick around Aurich. Even if it's just to creep the forum without posting anything. You are an asset around these parts.

#116 3 years ago

Paid!

6beb1d9805596b30f743a615bad1770ff2265c34a87de1c803b0aa74343bed9a.jpg6beb1d9805596b30f743a615bad1770ff2265c34a87de1c803b0aa74343bed9a.jpg
1 week later
#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Still waiting on those people who haven't responded, dunno what's up with them. I'm not gonna hold your spot if you don't reply to me though. Then it's first come first served for what's left.
I'm working my way through packing, got a stack of boxes beginning to pile up in my office. Will do some more tonight.

Shit or get off the pot folks!!

#131 3 years ago

Hey Aurich , I saw the pic of the shipments you sent.

Looks like 45 or so. What's the over/under? I say over 45.

1 week later
#164 3 years ago

Mine arrived in France! Was quite fast!

Wow! I stilll haven't gotten mine yet...and I'm 1/3 of the distance that you are from Torrance, California. Lol

#166 3 years ago

I don’t get it yet. Just arrived in France..a Paname! On the way to Toulouse now. Just hope french custom won’t kill me!

Oh I misunderstood. Merde!

#176 3 years ago

i get it!
just wanna know some things (sorry sounds like stupid question):
- i peeled off the protection sheet in front. is there a protection sheet in the back to remove too?
- regarding the panel, my orginal one was stuck. do i stick this new one or do you advise me to remove the glue before and let it free?
thanks

It still made it to France before Canada!! Canada post sucks!!

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Anyone else still awaiting their package? I am up in Seattle and staring longingly at my empty porch still.

I'm still waiting....with baited breath.

Funny how someone in France receives it before us northerners. Lol

2 weeks later
#189 3 years ago

Finally got mine!! I must be the last one to get it, lol

#191 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What...no pics???

Working tonight....the wife just informed me it arrived.

#195 3 years ago

Thanks Aurich ! All I now need is the pin

IMG_20200807_1754323.jpgIMG_20200807_1754323.jpg
2 years later
#332 1 year ago

I should really get in on this...

Would be my 4th aurich shadow package.

#334 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You might have a problem.
Seriously, how does that happen? Did you keep buying and selling Shadows and upgrading each one?

Planning on eventually getting a shadow.

Ended up selling your TS package to folks who actually had one and who needed it more that I did.

#336 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Ha, okay, that makes more sense. I thought you were a serious Shadow flipper lol.
I've given up on predicting the future of this. I really thought I'd tapped it all by now and was done. And people keep telling me I'm wrong. So who knows.
But at some point it's just gonna be done and that will be that. I promise it's not a gimmick to say "buy now or else!" I just don't want anyone to be sad if in a year they ask me and I tell them there just isn't enough interest to do a print run.
I'll be around either way though. I don't post a ton on Pinside right now, but I'm working a new mod as we speak. It's not Shadow or Metallica related this time.

That's why I feel like I should get in on this order. Put the package tube in storage in my basement until I actually get a shadow.

Otherwise I may be out of luck when The Shadow actually makes it into my gameroom.

Can you add me to the list ? It would be the last time I promise!

1 month later
#358 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
So two things real quick:
One, if you didn't see it already this is why I've been so distracted lately. Work has been very busy and with any free time I've been working on my latest mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-interactive-topper-pre-orders-aurich-mod

Sorry for being less available, and cheating on Shadow with another game.
Two, someone just messaged me and said they couldn't find the form to sign up. I realize the thread is long, so just for convenience I'm re-linking it here:
https://forms.gle/HDPP9oTfghT9YBZq5
I will try and get to this, just sign up on the list if you're interested and I'll try and find the time to organize. This Tron project has been really fun to do, but complicated and time consuming and ate up the rest of my pinball brain power.

Tron topper is sick!

Do I need to re sign up again if I had already signed up with the other form?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Thornton, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider imnotnorm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-s-shadow-translite-final-run-last-call?tu=imnotnorm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.