62115833-3E8E-459D-BEF7-39908FF80A44 (resized).jpeg
20200714_010258 (resized).jpg
A0E910F0-6CB7-4A46-AE1E-248A25263FB3 (resized).jpeg
20200707_222748 (resized).jpg
20200707_222733 (resized).jpg
50088041772_1f91c8833d_3k (resized).jpg
50087234268_7b3264107a_3k (resized).jpg
50088041027_8b1b729aad_3k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hey Pinside, been a little while since we talked, I know I haven't been around. I'll add a post about that under this. On to the topic at hand:

My printer reached out to me the other day to let me know they're retiring the high end printers we use to print my translites. Of the 7 machines they had they're now down to 2. He's not sure if they're going to keep even those. So he told me if I wanted to do another run of Shadow it might be now or never, so get off my ass if I cared. I do care, so here I am getting off my ass to make this post.

No telling what the future holds I guess, but it feels like this might be it this time. I love the quality of these prints, I hope they don't go away, but not much I can do to control it.

Same deal as always, high quality custom translite, new speaker panel, custom instruction cards. Costs have risen since I first started this however many years ago, so I've raised the price a little, otherwise this is the same package that's always made everyone happy.

I'm going to leave my Google interest form up for 2 weeks, just to give everyone enough time to see it and sign up, and then I'll close it down and submit the order to my printer. Once he tells me the prints are ready I'll email everyone with a payment link. I never take money before things are ready, keeps the stress down for everyone.

All are claimed from this run, but not all are paid for. I might have extras, I might not. Message me if you want to be on the waiting list.

(A note for international buyers: I've checked, no country I've ever shipped to before is on any kind of restricted list. But with the pandemic I imagine shipping times are slower, and customs will be more of a pain in the ass. I can't control any of that, so I have to say order at your own risk.)

package.jpgpackage.jpg

#2 3 years ago

I didn't want to clutter up the top post with personal stuff, so adding a separate post. I know I have really been around in last ... year? Honestly I'm not sure, I'd have to search my own posts and look. I know it's been a while.

First off, I want to apologize to anyone who's messaged me. I see I have a lot of unread messages next to that bouncing mail icon. Wasn't purposefully ignoring you, just got behind on it all and sort of gave up trying to catch up and stopped visiting Pinside much, and then at all. I think a lot of them were about Shadow translites, so I'll try and go through all that, hopefully this thread makes you happy.

I basically hit burn out. With pinball, with the internet and everyone constantly being negative, with my creative juices. Has to refocus my energies, took a break from a lot of stuff, including things like Twitter and Pinsdie. I have this Metallica mod that I started before the damn Alien project that I've never finished, and it's a shame, because I still think it's a cool idea, and nobody has done anything like it yet. Just couldn't seem to find the traction to finish it off.

I've sold most of my pins, I'm down to my own Shadow, Tron Pro, and Metallica LE. Unclear what my plans are for them right now. No rush to figure it out I suppose, but they're really not getting played at all now, and that's a shame.

I did check back in a for a bit when I heard about Rick and Morty. Was so happy for Scott and Bowen and Eric and Spooky. All these people who are my friends and who's success makes me feel good. So that's great. I'm feeling pretty out of the loop now though, I imagine the pandemic is just crushing pinball stuff. I haven't read any threads before posting this. The only 'new' game from the past couple years I've had a chance to play I think is Jurassic Park. Keith killed it, no surprise. Was going to get out to play Rick and Morty but was too slow before lockdown.

I just checked, it was over 6 years ago when I first put up this Shadow project for sale. I can't imagine there's really anything more to possibly say about it at this point. People have been very gracious in their appreciation for a project that was never intended for so many, and I thank all of you for that. But if I can answer any questions just hit me up.

In the meantime I'm just riding out the pandemic in Southern California with my family. Everyone here is doing well all things considered. My passion project in a kind of post-pinball space, and one of the reasons I sold some more of my games, was building up my arcade. Been collecting more Japanese arcade cabs, and playing a lot of fighting games. Before the virus shut me down I was hosting a weekly fight night for the last three years. Sometimes people played the pins, but they weren't really here for that. I do miss it, had a great regular crowd who came every week.

I have a lot of friends here still I think. If you're around and reading this lemme know how you're doing.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from chill:

Great translite! I had a Shadow years ago and wish this was in existence.
Glad you’re doing well. Ned here, I bought Abra-Ca-Dabra from you a couple years back. Fun game. Recently passed it on to another pinball fan.
Have an ACNC now and Rick and Morty on order. Spooky has some great games, I am happy to support them.
At least we have good weather for a lockdown. Cheers.

Hey Ned, glad you found a good home for that Abra Ca Dabra. I enjoyed my brief flirtation with EMs, but they didn't ultimately hold my interest. Still one of my favorite backglasses though, and that repro I put on was super nice. Is Spooky even building games right now? I have to think at the very least Rick and Morty is slowed down just by parts availability. I did see that Pinball Life is shipping parts, just not allowing in-person pickup, which seems wise. I haven't spoken to anyone from the R&M team in a few months, before the pandemic hit.

Quoted from Spagano314:

If you decide to sell your Shadow, will you let me know? I have your art kit for my ST Pro and absolutely love it. Thanks again.

If I decided to move more of my games I'd probably save Shadow for the last holdout. It was my first game, and still one of my favorites. And for obvious reasons kind of my emotional connection to the hobby, since it's what people really got to know me for. It's gotten harder to let games go as I've narrowed them down. I sold my TNA and I don't regret it, but I do miss it a bit. My rule these days is if new things come in old things gotta go out. It pays for the toys, but more than anything else I just need the space.

Quoted from jbovenzi:

aurich take the time off. You have contributed to Pinball above and beyond. Everyone (including myself) right now is reassessing where they want to go in the hobby. So take the time and relax for a bit.
Stay safe!

Thanks! I'm putting a priority on taking care of my mental health these days. I do need to go through all these PMs and at least link people to this thread if they asked about Shadow. Feels bad to not respond.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

all the best mate, and know that feeling well

I've found other creative projects and outlets, but yeah, you probably know exactly what I mean about that one project you always mean to finish and can't quite see through. I still have different ideas for how to handle the lights/electronics for it sometimes, it's gone through so many different revisions. Not only on paper, built prototypes out of cardboard, 3D printed things, customs PCBs, just somehow can't quite finish it all. The bulk of the art was finished before Alien, it's the custom interactive stuff where I stalled out.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

You just made my day!

Glad I could do that.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Could I just order the speaker panel?

I often end up with extras of those just with the way the process works, can probably help you out when things are settled. Not sure if I have any now, I'd have to look, can't remember what's stashed away anymore.

Quoted from Whysnow:

You have not missed much

I had hoped maybe I'd missed people cheering up some, and being happier about pinball and hanging out together to be honest.

One of the reasons I took a long break was that the vibe just seemed to be getting more and more negative here, and people forgot how to have fun.

I'm sure the pandemic isn't helping, it's really heartbreaking how it's crushing the remaining arcade industry. And it's become stupidly politicized when we should just be looking out for each other. Whatever your politics, whoever you voted for, stay safe out there.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Welcome back dude. I’ve owned all of your art packages (ACDC, ST, TS) and I couldn’t imagine those games without them.

Thanks! The pinball mod game has changed over the last 6 years, went from being a niche little hobby to big business. Can't really slip some of these underground mods under the radar now like you used to be able to. I dunno what the future holds for me doing more, I do miss it. But anything I do from now on is staying clear of trademark and copyright issues, just too much hassle. ACDC and ST were the last of that.

I'll try and start going through my PMs tomorrow, make sure anyone who's asked about Shadow gets pointed to this thread. I see I have a few new ones already, I'll get to you too.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So Shadow is your all time favorite pinball game and it seems to be no chance you sell it. You said it.

I dunno that I have "an all time favorite", but yeah, Shadow is definitely in the top. For me it's just the perfect mix of things, from gameplay, to sound, to challenge, to innovative mechs, and then that magic element of being the first pin I owned. I forget how long I had it before I added a second game, we all know how that goes. But for a while there it's all I had to play, and I never got tired of it. That's something I can't say about a lot of other games I owned and loved.

Quoted from ReadyPO:

4,247 Shadows, made, 835 pinsiders have one. How many have gotten your great translite?

I honestly don't know. I'm pretty sure it's over 700, but I don't really keep detailed records for that kind of thing to know more exactly.

Quoted from TractorDoc:

Negativity on the forum never helps, but on a positive note I've always appreciated/respected your posts and creativity. I'd still like to see you posting from time to time. . . even without the fancy printer connections.

I'll try and not be a stranger. I posted something in the covid-19 thread last night, and people seemed to appreciate my perspective, but then I realized I can't get sucked into it. My day job deals with moderating comments on the pandemic all day, I can't deal with another avenue. I think I'll try and stick to pinball here.

Quoted from PBFan:

Hope you stick around and can find your pinball passion again. Although I understand everyone needs a break from old hobbies to discover new ones. I am rediscovering my motorcycling passion as a result of Covid19 and 12 years of pinball.

That's great. I mentioned this earlier, but for me the thing I was able to find passion in again was getting back to my fighting game roots. I was a big Street Fighter fan back in the original arcade days, and then lost people to play with and let it wane. Re-discovering my love for that got me a lot more serious about my arcade collecting. It's a way for me to connect with people, I really only have the cabinets to share them with others. Right now they're all staying dark until I can open hosting again.

This is what I'm looking forward to my garage looking like again:

Night-Arcade-3 (resized).jpgNight-Arcade-3 (resized).jpgnight-arcade-2 (resized).jpgnight-arcade-2 (resized).jpg

#27 3 years ago

Okay, I think I've hit all my PMs about Shadow stuff, some of them were 6 months old, feel bad about that, sorry!

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from JimWilks:

For those of us getting this shipped international -- are you shipping by USPS?

Yes, Priority International is how I’ve always done it. I did once have a package bound for Austria go by way of Australia, but otherwise been happy with the service.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Glad to see you here... My Aurich hammer for Metallica is still one of my favorite mods!

Thanks! That was a fun mod. I'm glad I limited it to 30, was a real project hand making them all. I had a little help with the 3D printing for the core armatures, this guy named Scott Danesi, wonder what ever happened to him ...

I have my own 3D printer now, and all these things he was explaining to me back then about the 3D model I sent him and overhangs makes so much more sense now. Thanks Scott!

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Best to you and the Family, Aurich!
Be well.

Best to you too Art, you stay safe in crazy Florida okay?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Seems like a good opportunity for some business to buy up a chunk of these and hold onto them. Some one ALWAYS wants one....

I don't know that I recommend planning your retirement on stashing Shadow alt translites.

Quoted from robin:

Good to see you in good health, Aurich!
My Shadow is still proudly rocking your translite and speaker panel. Hope you'll get back into pinball like you used to.
And as for the negativity, remember there are ignore/mute buttons for everything. Stick to the fun stuff and ignore everything else!

Pinside has the best ignore features on the internet Robin, I compare what you've done against everything else. You don't see quotes from people you ignore, a common problem, and maybe best of all the drain thread feature is really helpful. I don't trust my own willpower sometimes when I get sucked into replying or reading trainwrecks. When I realize I'm just wasting my own time and energy draining a thread to remove temptation is really helpful.

I drained the covid-19 thread already after replying to it once for instance. I deal with pandemic comments every day at work as part of moderating Ars Technica, I just didn't need another source of people bashing science and making up conspiracies. It's sad how politicized it's become, but I just don't have the patience for it. But I know I'd keep reading it if I saw it pop up in my thread list.

Honestly I wish everything you've done with bbPress was just an off the shelf package, I'd move Ars to it. We're looking at Vanilla as an option, but I'd have to steal some of your good ideas for it!

oops, posted in the shadow club thread instead of here.

No worries, I saw your post and replied there a moment ago.

Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm glad your back, I am also very glad you are doing well.

Hope you're doing well too, I miss all the OC people. Heard from Doug yesterday.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

hey Aurich, just wanted to say 'sup.

Hey frolic! Hope you're doing well up North.

Quoted from shimoda:

Good to see you again Aurich, in a manner of speaking.

Thanks! Didn't really mean to disappear without warning, just kind of happened that way. Online communities are funny. But it's nice to feel appreciated to be around again.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

You moderate Covid comments during the day? Wow, you are a Saint!

One of my hats is managing the community for Ars Technica, where I'm the creative director. So I keep tabs on a lot things, but the pandemic is of course a really hot button issue, and tempers get flared. Our commenters are pretty chill in general, but even the rational people are sick of the misinformation, lies, and crappy management and are pretty grumpy.

Luckily I work with some amazing science and health writers, and they all have PhDs in topics like pharmacology, microbiology, molecular biology, and cell biology. We're pretty uniquely set as tech publication to be on this. But that means we're writing about it all a lot, and that keeps me pretty busy making sure things don't get too ugly.

https://arstechnica.com/series/covid-19-coverage/

Quoted from phil-lee:

If they are retiring the Printer might be a good investment if it was cheap. I have purchased several expensive Photo-quality printers for 15-30 bucks.

These printers aren't exactly the kind of thing you can sit in a corner of your office.

They 'print' using lasers, up to very large format sizes. It's how my translites are able to keep such rich colors even when backlit by pretty bright LEDs. It's more like a photo exposure, with a continuous tone, which is why you don't see any dots or dithering when you look closely. Basically really high quality stuff, but they're pretty huge machines:

Durst-Lambda (resized).pngDurst-Lambda (resized).png

#51 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Ha! I just did the same thing. The Shadow has been on my wishlist for a time now, but the stars haven't quite aligned on one yet. Hoping I can find a game to go with with package!

You're not the first person to buy the translite first while game searching. I had someone do that, find the game, but it already had my package on it.

I wish I could promise I will keep making these for as long as people want them, but it's probably smart to stock it away now if you really want it.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Like someone else previously mentioned, someone is always looking for your translite package. If I find a game that already as one, I'm sure there will be someone else looking for a package down the line

Someone just PM'd me a suggestion to use a printing service I don't feel like naming as an option. They were the first thing I tried over 6 years ago, and the quality sucked, and then I had an issue with them selling an unauthorized test print. Almost gave up on the whole thing then!

But it made me reflect back on what my plans were at the time. I really did this as a personal project, and figured I'd print up 10 of them in case anyone else wanted one. I forget who it was, but pretty sure it might have been vid, but somebody suggested that the translite probably wouldn't be that popular but people might want the speaker panel.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Glad you followed through with it in the end!

Me too, I dunno that I would have done any of my other projects if this one hadn't happened.

Being back is kinda giving me the itch to toy with things again, but I dunno, we'll see how that goes. Normally it's getting a new game that sparks an idea, and I don't see that in the cards right now.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Then buy a new Metallica!

Nothing wrong with the LE I have!

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Could anyone tell me if The Shadow translite is the same size/dimensions as a Demolition Man translite?
I have an LED frame with a DM translite in it and was wondering if Aurich's TS translite would also fit.
Thanks

Yes, same size, all those games are standard, widebody or not.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Lol, I know there's nothing wrong with yours, but if buying a new game will get you to make that mod, then ya gotta do what it takes!

The last game I think I was tempted to buy because it would have been a lot of fun to mod was Iron Maiden. I haven't kept up with the mod market for it, but I saw a lot of untapped potential.

The only "LCD era" game I've bought so far though was TNA, and that only barely counts in that category really.

I'm trying to stick to positive opinions here now, but I could write a long post about everything I hate about companies are using those LCD screens. I know I'm pickier than most, but it's one of the things that keeps me less interested in the new titles now.

Stern hasn't done better animations than the dots on Metallica in my mind. With a ColorDMD (all my remaining games have them) it's all I need or want.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I would think iron maiden would be a fantastic choice for mods. We Maiden fans go out of our way to support. I don't have the machine yet, but I plan on owning it.

I haven't put a lot of time on it, so I dunno what the long term appeal is really like for me, but I suspect pretty good. I like the layout a lot. I'm not a big fan of the band, but I don't mind listening to them while I play for a bit. I liked their original lead singer more though.

I got to play Archer and talk with Keith about it prior to his move to Stern, and he's clearly one of the best hires they've had in recent memory, so super happy for him and his success. I did play Jurassic Park some finally, and it's obviously a great game too. He's bringing the right kind of new thinking within the basic parameters of a pinball layout.

I dunno, if I had a chance to maybe trade my Tron for a Maiden or something I'd probably take it, but I'm not actively seeking out a game right now, or wanting to sell a game and then try and hunt one down.

I'd have to read up on the real consensus now between Pro and Premium too, and what's really worth it. And obviously there's nothing wrong with Zombie Yeti's art, it's not a game I'd get to replace a package I didn't care for, like I did with Star Trek. Would be more building on a solid foundation.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Just wanted to chime in and say that I put this Shadow translite on my machine years ago (3 or 4 years now maybe??) and its still the sharpest translite in the lineup.
Its 100% can't miss if you are lucky enough to own a Shadow.
So, thanks Aurich.

Thanks! Pretty sure I remember shipping yours even, it might be the only one I've ever sent to Alaska. Possible there was one other, but not exactly a state I get a lot of orders from.

#66 3 years ago

I'm seeing the sign ups for orders slowing to a halt now. Response has been great, this will be plenty of packing for me, thanks everyone. But I think given that I'm going to close the pre-order list after the weekend and put the order in next week. There's no point in making everyone wait longer for no reason. I'll buffer in a few extras for latecomers.

Then we'll see what happens for the future. My printer told me he's fighting to keep these last two printers up and running. Really hope they stick around, never know if I'll get the itch for a new project. There's one title that's free and clear of trademark issues I've always meant to do but never got past initial sketches on. That's probably a pretty easy clue right there for what it is, but no promises.

#67 3 years ago

Just talked to my printer, told him I'll give him final numbers on Monday. Asked what he thought turnaround time would be.

"I’d say for sure within two weeks, but hopefully within one week. The printing is no issue, would just be getting it through laminating."

The lamination process is about getting the diffusion layer on the back, helps the translite light up evenly. It's not strictly necessary, I tried not doing it on a run of I think Star Trek translites once (back when I was still making those), but it does provide a better result, and I see no reason to cut corners at this stage.

So that's the timeline we're looking at.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Just joined recently, glad to see you back here in pinside. I always appreciate your viewpoints on AP forum.

Heh, thanks, this is the thing about posting everywhere under my real name, I'm kinda easy to spot.

I don't post a ton on Arcade Projects, but great forum, lot of serious knowledge there. Try and contribute where I can. I'm a big fan of Darksoft's products, my arcade features his multiboards for CPS2, CPS3, and Neo Geo most nights. Well, featured, everything closed down right now. But whenever I get to host again those boards will be waiting.

#73 3 years ago

Final weekend warning!

I think I've got everyone already, but I'll bump this today and tomorrow to be sure before I close things down.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I had your Star Trek translate. I couldn't believe, the closer I looked at it, the more hd it got. I was like. "is this a print? Amazing work.

Yeah, it's really cool tech, I can't imagine going back to anything else now. And of course it lights up beautifully. I know I can go with dark and rich colors and they'll pop when backlit, no washing out or dullness.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from BulkOfTheSeries:

Have you considered doing other games or now that the print service is on the way out, this is it?

I've started work on another game several times, just never found the traction. This is part of the whole "taking a break" narrative, when I hit burnout it really messed with my creative output too. I've learned I can't force it, just seeing how I find my way back to things. At this point I need something that sparks or inspires me, more than just a "good idea".

I dunno, we'll see. This is why I never announced a project until it's done though!

As for just general stuff I will say that the market for alt translites is pretty different now. I don't sell my Star Trek or ACDC stuff anymore, you can't really just do little community projects like that now. It's too big, too public, too easy to get asked to stop.

So going forward anything I do will steer clear of trademark issues. That limits the options for straight up "replacement" products.

#79 3 years ago

Okay, closed the form, will submit numbers to the printer and get this going. Lots of support both for the order and in personal messages, really appreciate everyone.

I'll buffer in some extras to be safe, so if you're late to the party you can always see if I still have any, just message me.

1 week later
#81 3 years ago

Printer told me they're working on speaker panels today, everything should be on track. Had a couple dropouts already, and someone just asked if it was too late to get in. Not too late, between the people dropped out and the extras I have slots still. Just PM me.

Otherwise hope to send the list the final work this week still, I'll be in touch when I hear more.

#82 3 years ago

Little update from printer: everything is due to ship to me on Friday.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I just watched "The Shadow" movie for the first time last night. LOL....it's so bad it's good.

It's not a great movie, but watching it made me appreciate how well they integrated the theme into the game. Everything but the damn translite lol. Like the locks popping open for Khan multiball, or the mirror shattering on the battlefield, just so many great details from the film.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Little update from printer: everything is due to ship to me on Friday.

Sorry, just heard from him, small delay, now looking like shipping to me either Monday or Tuesday. Will still email everyone as soon as I know things are good to go.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from tonyhoff1:

Crap am I too late to get on the list

Already answered your PM, but for anyone else wondering, no, it's not too late. I went ahead and sprung for extras to be safe. I don't really love sitting on inventory, but I dunno when I'll order these again, so I'll deal with it. So by all means, take them off my hands.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

As an artist, what do you think about the PS5's design?

I'm getting too old for this stuff I think. I just want it minimalist and out of my way. The less I notice it the better.

I'll reserve judgement until I see it in person, but I feel like maybe it's trying too hard. Just doesn't feel like they're grasping the moment, as far as design and what people want.

I dunno, this new generation doesn't excite me honestly just in general. I had a launch PS4, and then quickly realized there wasn't that much must have content that early. This time around I'm feeling no rush. I need a killer app to get me to bite. Right now it all looks like "more of the same", which isn't bad really, but it's also not a compelling reason to shell out money.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I probably feel differently because I was in the opposite situation with the PS4 and Xbox 1. I didn't get a PS4 until ~ 2 years after launch, and just got an XB1 like....last year. If one of the new ones saves me from a very costly PC upgrade, it would be worth it just on that merit alone. If I do a PC upgrade, I want to get a new monitor, and the price that's being asked for adaptive sync monitors is absolutely batshit insane if you ask me.

The new gen consoles will pass up my gaming PC, but right now I'm mostly using it for fighting games, and I can run all of them with maxed out settings, so I haven't felt limited in any real fashion.

Only next gen title I'm really thinking about right now is Cyberpunk 2077, have to think about what platform I'd want that on. I'm not a real FPS player, I don't care about mouse and keyboard, I'd probably play with a controller even on PC.

#98 3 years ago

Update: Prints were supposed to ship today (Tuesday), they're done, but was a delay at the shop. Should go out to me tomorrow. As soon as I have a tracking number and feel set I'll email everyone with payment instructions and we'll get things moving finally.

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

It was fun to see you here when I got into pinballs, I have been hanging around the Ars forums since 2003 and knew you from there. Sadly it’s practically a ghost town over there these days. Sometimes there aren’t even any posts at all for several days. I still check in only because of the handful of people who are still hanging around that really know their stuff. Frenzy, icestorm, continuum, and others. We had some entertaining times there over the years. Also their forum software dismally sucks compared to Pinside. Although I doubt if anyone cares, the whole place took a nosedive when Condé Nast took over.

We're working on a new forum package for Ars, but it's hard to find time for it sometimes with everything else we're working on. It's a small team.

The discussion is mostly on the front page now, our article comments are extremely lively. But hopefully we can bring some life back to the forum side, we'll see. More modern software would help at least some for sure.

None of it is remotely connected to Condé Nast, and more just the rise of social media murdering forums. That's what hurt us. Lots of people moved to Facebook (ugh). The only forums that have really survived are those that have really narrow focuses. Pinside is a good example of course, and Robin has done fabulous work with how he's wrangled bbPress into such a great package. That helps a ton.

#103 3 years ago

Didn't hear from my printer today, so I'm assuming shipping early next week. The speaker panels and cards are already on their way I think.

After this is done I might need to take another Pinside break, little disappointed in some things as of late here. Probably best to just fade away. Nice to talk to people for a bit though, still a lot of good people here.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just tune out the riff raff

Every hobby has jerks and stupid people. I tune out plenty, and those that are too loudly stupid I add to my ignore list. But Pinside has some really deeply rooted issues that I can't ignore. There's a lot of hate here, and I'm not a fan. Frankly I don't need it in my life. I'm tired of adding people to that list.

It shows up in a lot of ways. The criticisms of games and ideas that turn personal fast. The constant need to tear things down. Just negative energy after negative energy.

I wrote about how the fighting game community and pinball are different here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/backbox-podcast-let-s-talk-about-diversity#post-5705478

My point was when we're playing we're all on the same ground. But when we're a community, hanging out, shooting the shit, doing all of the stuff outside the game, the differences really appear. The FGC's diversity really shines at moments like this, when there's a conversation that needs to happen about how we come together. Pinside tries to pretend it's not happening.

That Backbox podcast thread I linked? Got locked right away because people were being shitty. And frankly a couple were letting their racist side show, let's not pretend otherwise. The Pinside response was to lock the thread right away, hand out some thread ejects a few hours afterwards, and then sit on it for a bit. Then Robin re-opened it with that post approval mode, where nothing shows up without review first.

Took hours for my post to be seen by a mod and appear. Which in and of itself is fine, they're not sitting there just waiting 24/7 to read my post. But let's be real about what that means, it's a conversation killer. That thread was buried alive instead of shot, but the end result will be the same soon enough.

So what does that mean, really? Look who's on that podcast:

Juana Summers (Baltimore Belles + Chimes, IFPA)
Jessica Kent (Belles + Chimes Chicago)
Josh Sharpe (IFPA)
Steven Bowden (Fun With Bonus + Deeproot)
Jack Danger (Deadflip)
Lauren Gray (host)

You're telling me those people discussing an issue inside of pinball is too hot and controversial for Pinside to handle? I have a problem with that. I don't care if you don't agree with them, but if we can't have even the most somewhat polite discussion then maybe there's not a lot of point in hanging out here.

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I understand what you are saying. I think it's not exclusive to Pinside though. Everything is hyper partisan these days. Assholes are everywhere and social media (twitter, facebook, pinside, news forums, etc) just fuels that division.

Yeah, you're right about that for sure. I gave up Twitter for the new year, which has been a bit of a ritual for me for a couple years now, just a mental break for a month or two. This time I haven't gone back. I miss friends there, and it's how I kept up with news on fighting game and retro arcade stuff, but the tradeoffs right now are too much. I can't deal with with the constant anxiety, even when I'm not sucked into arguments or BS directly.

I'm not looking to talk politics on Pinside. I have some 20,000 posts here, pretty sure I've never gotten into the mud over anything really. Called someone out for being sexist or something, but if you want to know what I think about Trump you gotta just guess. Plenty of people here manage to slip in their thoughts a lot more explicitly, that's for sure.

But when it comes to community I'm passionate, and I stand for what I believe in. It shouldn't be political to discuss how to make pinball more welcoming for more people. If you make it such you're an asshole I don't want to be around. But beyond that, Pinside has let those assholes decide what we can talk about. And I'm not cool with that. This is the right time to be having that conversation, and the wrong time to take the stand that we can't.

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Which convieniently, I can't actually SAY WHAT IT IS BECAUSE IT'S AGAINST THE RULES.

I'm Iceman levels of drunk right now and I still won't tell you what I really think. And you know I've got the essays on deck too.

#114 3 years ago

Just emailed the list, finally taking payments. Translites have been reprinted and passed inspection and are shipping to me tomorrow, I got the speaker panels and instruction cards today.

I have a couple extras still, and I'll probably get some dropouts when I ask for the money, I always do.

IMG_0878 (resized).jpgIMG_0878 (resized).jpg

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I'm still hoping there is a speaker panel for me

Should be fine, I almost always have extras just from how the process works. I have boxes of them I haven't opened yet, haven't counted to check.

#124 3 years ago

The bulk of people have paid up already, you guys are nice and responsive, thanks. I just got the boxes today from Uline, while I'm waiting for the translites I can start taping them together. Not my favorite job, not gonna lie, I've taped so many of these damn things over the years.

But I'll get on it anyways so I'm ready to get everything out next week. Translites come on Monday according to UPS, but who knows what time. I'll pack up as soon as I'm able.

#126 3 years ago

In theory I'm utterly sold out of this run, someone claimed my last extra.

I still have 7 people who haven't paid up or contacted me about there being an issue. If you're someone who doesn't want it anymore please just tell me instead of silently ignoring the payment email. It's not a problem, I can handle it, just don't leave me hanging.

UPS just sent me an update, translites are out for delivery, I should have them by mid afternoon in theory.

My printer told me the other day he's working on a plan to keep the last two printers running. So while I can't predict the future it seems like at least for now the danger of not being able to do these might be low. See how it goes.

Thanks!

#128 3 years ago

Still waiting on those people who haven't responded, dunno what's up with them. I'm not gonna hold your spot if you don't reply to me though. Then it's first come first served for what's left.

I'm working my way through packing, got a stack of boxes beginning to pile up in my office. Will do some more tonight.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Hey aurich , I saw the pic of the shipments you sent.
Looks like 45 or so. What's the over/under? I say over 45.

Over. People surprised me, I wasn't really expecting this much interest at this point. I'm grateful for the support though.

I'll be honest, it kinda makes me want to do a new project, but we'll see.

Quoted from Spagano314:

I sent you a pm about being on the waiting list if a kit opens up. Thank You!

Emailed you just now. These last 5 flakes are officially being cut loose. I'll have 3 left after darkknight and you if you still want it.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Or do a past one ....

Haha, I know, I know. Star Trek is just hard now, I gotta respect Stern's wishes.

Someone told me they got their package today, I didn't look up where they are, gotta be in CA though, that was really fast with the holiday weekend, I only dropped them off on Friday. I'm seeing a note about delays on the USPS website because of covid, see how the rest of the country does with getting them over the next few days.

Got another few to drop off, and then I'm down to my last two.

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I got mine today. Perfect condition, well packaged. Thanks Aurich!

Wow, Vermont, go USPS, they hustled them out. It's always a little nerve wracking sending things out, I do start to relax when I hear about them arriving safely.

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't opened it yet, but the package seems to be in great shape. Surprising honestly

I've been doing this for a long time. It's pretty rare that things get damaged in transit. Definitely happens, but not often enough to be a concern.

I'm a fan of the USPS service honestly. Look how fast they got things out even with the holiday weekend and pandemic.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Is there a recommended lighting map for the Aurich translite? My Shadow came with it but I'm just wondering if it's set up the best that it could be.
Thanks!

I just use cool white LEDs in mine, I don't like colored lights. The only 'trick' I use is for my flashers I use the extendable LEDs that are on little flexible arms so I can aim them at the parts I want to light up more precisely.

But the fun of modding is to do whatever feels right to you, so don't feel like you gotta stick with "my way".

#150 3 years ago

I have exactly one package left unclaimed. After this I dunno what will happen.

It seems like for the time being my printer is keeping the big printers going, so I'm hopeful I can still do translites in the future, but hard to say. I'm happy to collect names for another potential run after this last package is gone, but my feeling is it will be a while before there's enough to do it given the success of this one. At some point it all has to end.

Thanks everyone for the support over the years!

In the meantime I'm trying to poke at a stalled project to see if I have any fire for it. I kinda want to get it going again, but it's hard to get creative traction. People's enthusiasm in this thread has been helpful though, appreciate you guys.

#153 3 years ago

Which game? Met? Tron?

Neither, though I have a project for Metallica I've sunk a lot of hours in and never finished. I really wanted to get my own laser cutter to work on it more, waiting for outsourcing to try things sucks. But that's a whole project in and of itself.

#157 3 years ago

Just sold the last one from this batch, so that's it for now. Glad everyone is getting them ok, haven't heard any bad reports yet. Fingers crossed!

#160 3 years ago

Mine arrived in France! Was quite fast!

Woah, that's great. I was worried about international shipping with the pandemic. Actually there's something I want to order from France, that's motivating me to get on it it lol.

#163 3 years ago

Hi Aurich,
In the other way, i sent a package to Chris from pinballplating with french postal (international colissimo with tracking number), posted 01/07 and arrived in the US on saturday 11/07. That is fair too. Of course faster with UPS!
If you need help, lmk.

Thanks, appreciate it. This is just a really minor thing, there's no rush on it, just been putting it off. Gotten back in Warhammer mini painting and was interested in this wet palette that was developed in Paris: https://www.redgrassgames.com/everlasting-wet-palette/everlasting-wet-palette-painter/

But actually looking through their FAQ it seems like maybe it's actually shipping from Germany.

Tell you what, German customs seem like the slowest of all the places I send to. They like to hold onto stuff for a long time for whatever reason.

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

If anyone wants mine PM me. Just looking for $200 plus actual shipping cost, CONUS only. Never installed.

hawknole was looking for one after I sold out, shoot him a PM.

#175 3 years ago

Sounds like you're all set, but just to make sure it's super clear, there's a protective layer on the front, but not on the back.

Here's the quick explanation for both things though: On the back is a diffuser layer that's bonded with the print to ensure it lights up super evenly. To be honest it's not 100% necessary, I've done it without them, but it leads to a higher quality product so I do it anyways.

But when that layer is bonded to the translite it can leave some fine scratches on the front. So first we put that protective layer over it to protect it during the process, and that's what you need to peel off. Helps keep it pristine during transit too.

Also, clearly it made it through customs just fine, that's great news!

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Anyone else still awaiting their package? I am up in Seattle and staring longingly at my empty porch still.

Really? That’s not encouraging. What’s your tracking say?

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Found it!
"In transit, arriving late"
Sign of the times I guess. Still excited though, especially after seeing the tasty photos posted above!
Sorry to clog up the thread.
mike

No clog, I want to hear about anything that's not right. In general I've found the USPS service during the pandemic to be excellent, but bound to be hiccups right now.

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I still have one for sale if anyone is interested.

People are still asking me about this, so someone just buy this one, save yourself a lot of waiting, no idea what will happen in the future!

1 week later
#192 3 years ago

Man, pandemic really wrenching stuff, that's gotta be the longest shipping to Canada I've ever done. Glad it showed up.

#194 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Tell us more about your metallica mod Aurich? I missed out on your hammer mod.

I never finished it, so I never showed anything. I spent a lot of time working on it, revised ideas a bunch of times, but just never got it over the finish line. I set it aside to work on Alien and then just kinda deflated on pinball stuff after that project turned into such an emotional swamp.

I still think it's a great idea that nobody has done, so it's still relevant, but I dunno what the plan is for it. Don't want to say I'll finish it and then never do it.

2 months later
#198 3 years ago

Not reading Pinside regularly right now, just saw this.

I have three people on my waiting list, not sure if they all still want one. Not enough to really do a full Shadow run, but I was gonna do a small Star Trek run, I might be able to piggy back a few Shadows off it. Just message me and I can give you the link to my form I track this stuff on, see what I can do for you.

#201 3 years ago

Buy from someone here instead of waiting for me if you're looking. I can probably find a way to help you, but likely to be a few weeks before that would happen.

#202 3 years ago

Okay, I am gonna do a small handful of Shadows as part of this other print run. I have a few people on my waiting list, already reached out to them, they get first dibs. I'll have at least a couple left over after that, so hit me up if you need one still and haven't managed to get it from someone else here.

#204 3 years ago

If I were to sell my Shadow I think it would probably be the final straw in moving all my pins out. I've downsized a bit, I think I had 11 at my peak and now I'm down to 3, just have other interests that compete for money and space. But not ready to throw in the towel like that yet.

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

I’m in for one!
Are you doing just the translights, or the speaker panels as well?

Whole package. I have some extra speaker panels from last run, so it seemed easy enough to tack on a few Shadow translites to this order.

2 weeks later
#208 3 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

Is it still possible to order the art package for the shadow?

Short answer: maybe

Longer answer: I have exactly one left unclaimed on this little extra run I just did, but someone asked me about it and then never replied back. I just messaged them to make sure they're passing on it before I offer it to anyone else.

Edit: Just heard back, they don't need it, so it's free. I'll PM you. If you pass for any reason I'll update this thread to let people know I have one last one free still, otherwise I'm sold out again.

1 week later
#209 3 years ago

It looks like Kungen is not taking it, no response after a week (I private messaged, not just the thread), so if anyone want their spot the next person on the list already found one and I have one free.

Packed up and ready to go to whoever ask me for it first.

2 weeks later
#216 3 years ago

I am completely sold out now, all of them shipped.

#218 3 years ago

It seems that at least for now my printer is able to keep two of the printers up and running, so I can do another run later if there's enough interest. I'm always happy to keep it alive as long as I can.

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I can't even imagine how many of these you have sold. I have bought 2 or 3 sets myself over the years.

To be honest I really have no idea, I don't keep detailed records like that. I have a rough idea how many translites total I've done just from looking at some email folders, but it's not broken out by games.

It was just a personal project for my own game. I used some comic book images for drawing references and did up a design and I thought maybe I'd sell 10 of them just to make it worth printing some up. Mods weren't such a big thing back then, I had no clue it would turn out to be popular.

I'm grateful for the support it still has, and the nicest compliments I've ever had in pinball were from the people who told me they only bought the game because of my package. It's one of my favorite pins, so being part of its story like that is really cool.

I have other thoughts on games I might like to do, but for me this is really something that's still personal. If I'm not emotionally feeling it I don't force it. I have a mod I've put countless hours into that been in progress for years because I keep restarting how the tech behind it works, or abandoning it for a year before starting it again. Just how it goes.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. There's one specific translite I've meant to do for ages, and started multiple times, and somehow I just never find the right path for it. Still like to go down that road at some point.

#226 3 years ago

You can't improve on perfection, why even try?

1 week later
#230 3 years ago

Generally speaking I do a run when I can get 10 people. If I can garner enough interest I'm happy to do it, seems like at least for now we'll have two of the printers we use for these still in production, and hopefully it stays that way.

#232 3 years ago

Alright, looks like there's a bit of interest again, so I started a Google form to track it, that way I don't forget anyone. If you're interested just add your email address to it here:

https://forms.gle/HDPP9oTfghT9YBZq5

If I get enough people signed up I'll email everyone to confirm interest and do a run if enough people are still in.

#234 3 years ago

Huh, already have 7 people on it, so I guess this might happen sooner than I realized. I'll keep an eye on it.

1 month later
#244 3 years ago

Sorry, I've been really busy with work lately and I haven't been around Pinside. I think I probably have enough people to do a run, just haven't had time to organize it. Several big projects happening right now that are limiting my ability to focus on side work at the moment, once I get clear I'll see what I can do.

2 months later
#251 2 years ago

I'm currently without my main computer, it's in the shop after a HDD failure, waiting to hear back from tech if I lost anything I didn't have backed up. Whee. Hoped to have word today, will bug them tomorrow.

Anyways, I'm not as good about keeping up on my email with my phone, I see people have been asking me about an update. Lemme try and get settled back in and I'll try and see what the status of the list is looking like. Using my wife's laptop at the moment.

As I've told me who'd messaged me recently I've been very busy with a big project at work and just haven't had much hobby time lately. I think this is the first time I've logged into Pinside in a couple months. It gets like this sometimes for me, ebb and flow.

Doing a run takes a certain amount of time just to take care of everyone and the packaging etc, so I've just not had the bandwidth to do it right. Don't give up, I haven't forgotten.

#255 2 years ago

Still stuck on my phone, computer repair being slow. It’s a HDD issue, bleh.

Anyways, I’ll be better able to respond to things once I’m back at a real machine, but in the meantime this is the current google form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12Z1FMBPD9OptDVK0xdnYq2R0HrlZXjNT_M9UV6Yw5tU/

I think that link should work. It just collects an email address, and I’ll use it to send everyone a “hey are you still in?” message when I’m ready.

Added over 3 years ago:

Better to just message me directly now, I've already contacted the list and I might miss you if you add yourself to it now.

4 weeks later
#257 2 years ago

Hey, so I'm still in stupid computer land, but I'm on a backup machine now at least and catching up on email etc. If you've messaged me about anything I haven't replied that's why, just been kind of a tech nightmare this last month+

Anyways, not your problem, but that's why I've been a little hard to reach. I'm stable now.

So here's the good news, my printer just reached out to me to see if I needed anything and that's the motivation I need to make a run happen. I'm gonna email my list right this moment. If you're not interested anymore not a problem, I know it's been a wait, but look for my email.

#259 2 years ago

I'll go through responses this weekend, but just FYI for the people asking if they can get 2, yes, no problem at all. I can combine shipping for them.

#261 2 years ago

I've gone through all the emails and marked people on my sheet, I'll send an update to everyone at some point, but if you didn't get a personal reply from me you can assume you're good to go.

I edited the message above with the google form link, don't use that anymore, just message me directly. If you use the form I might not notice you getting added to it at this point since I've already started marking it up.

#262 2 years ago

If one of these emails looks like it's yours know that I'm about to drop you from this order because you haven't responded to either of my requests!

shadow-dropped-emails (resized).pngshadow-dropped-emails (resized).png

#263 2 years ago

Putting the order in now with my printer. I'm getting a few extras to cover any latecomers. So if you're one of the people who didn't email me back, or you're a new order, it's first come first served with with what I have left, just shoot me a message.

3 weeks later
#264 2 years ago

UPS scheduled to deliver prints to me today. Will email the list after I've inspected and made sure we're good to go, but I doubt there will be any problems.

I do have extras, so if anyone wants one "shipping now" just shoot me a message.

#265 2 years ago

Everything checked out, as expected, but always still a relief to open the boxes and find everything as it should be.

Everyone on my list should have an email with the info, check your inbox.

I have four sets left unclaimed.

IMG_3242 (resized).jpgIMG_3242 (resized).jpg

#266 2 years ago

One set left. If anyone drops out I'll update here, I have half the orders paid for so far.

1 week later
#268 2 years ago

Had someone drop out, the Shadow they were buying already came with my set. Not the first time I've had someone ask if they could bow out for that reason lol. No stress, I have an extra package for whenever someone comes along wanting it though.

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMario:

Still any availlabe ? If so please let me know, I would like one very much!

Unless something falls through everything is claimed now.

1 month later
#275 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Im interested on the next run

No idea when/if such a thing will happen, really a matter of public interest.

11 months later
#291 1 year ago

Hey, sorry I haven't been around Pinside much lately. To be honest I kinda got bummed out on the constant negative energy in a lot of threads and been on a bit of a break. Still around, just not keeping so much of a regular eye on things.

Thanks to the folks who messaged me to say I might want to check the thread.

Quoted from mstang01:

I picked up a set recently from a guy in Brazil who’s making them I think…

Yeah, that dude has been ripping me off for years. I can't be fussed to worry about it, he's in Brazil, I don't even have a Facebook account anymore. Wasting my time trying to stop someone in another country from selling bootlegs seems pointless. I assume the quality sucks, but I dunno.

Anyways, is what it is, but if you buy from anyone not me it's a bootleg, I don't give them to anyone else to sell. And obviously the quality will likely not be the high end printing process I use, but will also be a second generation scan or low resolution. Buyer beware and all that.

As far as another run goes, I can look into. I always say "this one is final" now, because it always feels like it will be. But if somehow there's enough interest I can try and make it happen.

#293 1 year ago

I usually try for 10. tbh I gotta figure out the printing situation, my guy who did it all for me has left the company and I think my printing costs are going to go up but a lot because I don't have the inside connect anymore.

All of you who've had my translites before know how nice they light up, that saturated super rich color comes from the RGB laser printing process, but it's not cheap. I basically got the employee discount before, but that's done now. Was a good run, appreciate my guy a lot, but yeah, no more insider to care care of me.

#296 1 year ago

Okay, looks like I gotta figure this out. And when I said costs going up by a lot I don't have an exact figure yet, but when I last looked into it without my hookup the jump was in the $30-40 range. Just for some context. I'll dig into it more to really sort it out, just wanted to give a heads up that if the price goes up that's why.

#298 1 year ago
Quoted from beauimpala:

I’m still in and assumed a price cost was going to happen. There isn’t anything cheaper nowadays.

Yeah, you're not wrong, just wanted to be up front about it.

1 week later
#305 1 year ago

Hey, I see people posting here, sorry I'm not around as much these days. On a bit of a Pinside break, just needed space from too many people arguing or culture warring and just dragging their bad vibes into what is supposed to be a place to chill out.

I haven't vanished or anything, just not checking in as often as I might have used to.

I gotta reach out to my old printer and figure out what the steps are like now to do a run without his guidance, he used to handle so much of the process for me that I'm not as confident in everything at the moment is all. Means I can't say "oh sure I can get this started in 2 weeks" like I normally would.

1 month later
#309 1 year ago

Okay, sorry to have gone dark again, just took our eldest to his first year of college, been sort of a crazy last month. Just haven't had the mental bandwidth to really think about pinball with everything going on. But he's settled now, classes started, everything going well and I'm coming up for air.

I gotta get this sorted for all of you, so I'm in contact with my old printer and he's going to help me figure out the order. Let's get this done!

Quoted from PachoHerrera:

Aurich since you are not on pinside often do you want me to shoot you an email with the list of interested parties or perhaps a google doc?
Thanks so much.

If such a thing exists it would definitely help. I feel like I've been so slow to respond I probably need to contact everyone on the list to see if they're still in. I know how it goes, someone is going to say "thanks I sold the game last week" lol.

#312 1 year ago

Can all the pinsiders who still need the Aurich package for their Shadow please PM me your email address?
Thank you!

I appreciate the assist, but if the list doesn't already exist I can just handle it. Maybe people are already messaging you, just don't want to leave anyone out or create a bunch of work for you tracking people down.

#313 1 year ago

For anyone who wants to be in on this run, I've put up a Google form to ask for your email and Pinside name:

https://forms.gle/pxdbxKweVKRx3jyf9

If you've already sent PachHerrera your info feel free to sign up there still. I'll double check anything they send me against that list. I'll try and get the link out to anyone who's asked me about it too for folks who miss reading this too.

I'll work on a final price. As I said my costs are going up, it was $200 shipped in the US before, I expect to be able to keep it under $250, see what I can do. I'll give everyone a final cost before I place the order, that will be your last chance to back out of committing for any reason.

Lemme know if you have questions, otherwise all you need to do is sign up at that link. I'll give people a little time to sign up, and then update again when it looks like signups have stopped.

#316 1 year ago

Aurich thank you! Sorry didn't meant to step on your toes with a duplicate list.

Oh no worries, I appreciate the offer to help, but if you're just going to collect names might as well put up a form and keep it easy for everyone.

#318 1 year ago

Right now I have the following people on the list:

PachoHerrera
Dbaron
Boatshoe
Cavalier88z24
cookpins
Curban
Drunken_Idaho
JackG
EasternBloc
Gman3
La4s

#322 1 year ago

I can see if I have extra speaker panels, but I'm going to take care of the full package stuff first. Always prefer to keep my extras on hand in case there are issues.

#324 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Thanks! I put name on the list just in case, appreciate it!

If you don't want the full package please don't sign up, it will confuse my numbers. I've removed you for the time being to keep things organized.

The list right now looks like this:

PachoHerrera
Dbaron
Boatshoe
Cavalier88z24
cookpins
Curban
Drunken_Idaho
JackG
EasternBloc
Gman3
La4s
Zigzagzag
bobmorlock
Paulbaptise
Pinash
MidnightSalad
Beauimpala
Skuuun
Jetmechinnc

Is everyone on there looking for the full thing?

#331 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

To be clear, the full package includes the translite, speaker panel, and apron cards?

Yes exactly.

#333 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I should really get in on this...
Would be my 4th aurich shadow package.

You might have a problem.

Seriously, how does that happen? Did you keep buying and selling Shadows and upgrading each one?

#335 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Planning on eventually getting a shadow.
Ended up selling your TS package to folks who actually had one and who needed it more that I did.

Ha, okay, that makes more sense. I thought you were a serious Shadow flipper lol.

I've given up on predicting the future of this. I really thought I'd tapped it all by now and was done. And people keep telling me I'm wrong. So who knows.

But at some point it's just gonna be done and that will be that. I promise it's not a gimmick to say "buy now or else!" I just don't want anyone to be sad if in a year they ask me and I tell them there just isn't enough interest to do a print run.

I'll be around either way though. I don't post a ton on Pinside right now, but I'm working a new mod as we speak. It's not Shadow or Metallica related this time.

#337 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's why I feel like I should get in on this order. Put the package tube in storage in my basement until I actually get a shadow.
Otherwise I may be out of luck when The Shadow actually makes it into my gameroom.
Can you add me to the list ? It would be the last time I promise!

lol, I'm happy to keep selling it to you! Just sign up at the link, I'll use the email addresses there to contact everyone with the info, not this thread.

https://forms.gle/pxdbxKweVKRx3jyf9

#344 1 year ago

I'm gonna let this ride through the weekend and then figure out the numbers next week.

1 week later
#345 1 year ago

I lied, been too busy this week to get on this, sorry. This month kinda smoking me, big deadline at work at the end of October and I'm behind the eightball and also behind in general, see what I can do.

Also I'm behind at work this month because I got excited about working on another mod and spent too much time on it and now I'm paying for it by playing catchup.

1 week later
#348 1 year ago

Nobody has missed anything other than me just not having enough hours in the day right now to take care of everything, sorry to leave this in limbo. As long as you signed up at that form I promise I won’t forget you, it’s the master list I’ll refer to.

#350 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Life (and work) tend to get in the way of pinball time.

Yuuuuup

2 weeks later
#354 1 year ago

I'm in the middle of launching (ironically) a brand new forum at work right now, and it's been one of those "work until 11pm, start again next day at 6am" periods, as well as working over the weekend.

I'm also trying to finish a rather complicated pinball mod that I started months ago, the most ambitious one I've attempted, and when I find free time I'm trying to get it done. So I do apologize for being behind on trying to get this going. Just really slammed right now.

And overall just very tired.

But that does mean anyone can still sign up, because I just haven't done anything about the list yet.

#356 1 year ago
Quoted from Turtlemaster:

Hello, sorry if I’m asking something that has been asked too many times already, but is there any chance of you producing now or at some point backglass rather than translite ?

No chance I think. I don't want the headache of the more fragile backglass with shipping and management, and my art for it won't translate well over to the CMYK printing process for a backglass, it's tuned for the style of printing I do. I've seen what happens when companies like CPR try it, and I mean no offense to them, but the quality of translation never makes me happy.

Basically would turn it into a whole other thing, and for no real advantage.

1 week later
#357 1 year ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

So two things real quick:

One, if you didn't see it already this is why I've been so distracted lately. Work has been very busy and with any free time I've been working on my latest mod:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-interactive-topper-pre-orders-aurich-mod

Sorry for being less available, and cheating on Shadow with another game.

Two, someone just messaged me and said they couldn't find the form to sign up. I realize the thread is long, so just for convenience I'm re-linking it here:

https://forms.gle/HDPP9oTfghT9YBZq5

I will try and get to this, just sign up on the list if you're interested and I'll try and find the time to organize. This Tron project has been really fun to do, but complicated and time consuming and ate up the rest of my pinball brain power.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tron topper is sick!
Do I need to re sign up again if I had already signed up with the other form?

Thanks!

That's the same form from before, just to be clear, just bumping the link for people who couldn't find it easily. No need to do a thing if you're on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

5,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tucson, AZ
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Aurora, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 58.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-s-shadow-translite-final-run-last-call?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.