New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 269405)

Aurich's Shadow translite - last call

By Aurich

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 197 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by mrossman5
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200807_1754323.jpg
Bender (resized).jpg
IMG_20200726_203249 (resized).jpg
F6763B68-5A24-4686-84E4-EC811B0ECB69 (resized).jpeg
62115833-3E8E-459D-BEF7-39908FF80A44 (resized).jpeg
20200714_010258 (resized).jpg
A0E910F0-6CB7-4A46-AE1E-248A25263FB3 (resized).jpeg
20200707_222748 (resized).jpg
20200707_222733 (resized).jpg
50088041772_1f91c8833d_3k (resized).jpg
50087234268_7b3264107a_3k (resized).jpg
50088041027_8b1b729aad_3k (resized).jpg
50087805786_9272c8fda4_3k (resized).jpg
C50EB321-CA7E-4EBC-9167-DB0E695FA186 (resized).jpeg
6beb1d9805596b30f743a615bad1770ff2265c34a87de1c803b0aa74343bed9a.jpg
IMG_0878 (resized).jpg

There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have exactly one package left unclaimed. After this I dunno what will happen.
It seems like for the time being my printer is keeping the big printers going, so I'm hopeful I can still do translites in the future, but hard to say. I'm happy to collect names for another potential run after this last package is gone, but my feeling is it will be a while before there's enough to do it given the success of this one. At some point it all has to end.
Thanks everyone for the support over the years!
In the meantime I'm trying to poke at a stalled project to see if I have any fire for it. I kinda want to get it going again, but it's hard to get creative traction. People's enthusiasm in this thread has been helpful though, appreciate you guys.

Which game? Met? Tron?

#152 3 months ago

Installed . Thanks Aurich

A0E910F0-6CB7-4A46-AE1E-248A25263FB3 (resized).jpeg
#153 3 months ago

Neither, though I have a project for Metallica I've sunk a lot of hours in and never finished. I really wanted to get my own laser cutter to work on it more, waiting for outsourcing to try things sucks. But that's a whole project in and of itself.

#154 3 months ago
Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Installed . Thanks Aurich[quoted image]

your game looks as a beauty.

i saw several pics with dmdcolor, it really looks amazing on this game too.

#155 3 months ago

Recieved mine yesterday perfectly packaged. Thanks.cant wait to pick up my shadow

#157 3 months ago

Just sold the last one from this batch, so that's it for now. Glad everyone is getting them ok, haven't heard any bad reports yet. Fingers crossed!

#158 3 months ago

Received! Thanks for doing this.

#159 3 months ago

Mine arrived in France! Was quite fast!

#160 3 months ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Woah, that's great. I was worried about international shipping with the pandemic. Actually there's something I want to order from France, that's motivating me to get on it it lol.

#161 3 months ago

I received one too. I will hopefully be able to put it on today or tomorrow.

#162 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Woah, that's great. I was worried about international shipping with the pandemic. Actually there's something I want to order from France, that's motivating me to get on it it lol.

Hi Aurich,
In the other way, i sent a package to Chris from pinballplating with french postal (international colissimo with tracking number), posted 01/07 and arrived in the US on saturday 11/07. That is fair too. Of course faster with UPS!
If you need help, lmk.

#163 3 months ago

Hi Aurich,
In the other way, i sent a package to Chris from pinballplating with french postal (international colissimo with tracking number), posted 01/07 and arrived in the US on saturday 11/07. That is fair too. Of course faster with UPS!
If you need help, lmk.

Thanks, appreciate it. This is just a really minor thing, there's no rush on it, just been putting it off. Gotten back in Warhammer mini painting and was interested in this wet palette that was developed in Paris: https://www.redgrassgames.com/everlasting-wet-palette/everlasting-wet-palette-painter/

But actually looking through their FAQ it seems like maybe it's actually shipping from Germany.

Tell you what, German customs seem like the slowest of all the places I send to. They like to hold onto stuff for a long time for whatever reason.

#164 3 months ago

Wow! I stilll haven't gotten mine yet...and I'm 1/3 of the distance that you are from Torrance, California. Lol

#165 3 months ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Wow! I stilll haven't gotten mine yet...and I'm 1/3 of the distance that you are from Torrance, California. Lol

I don’t get it yet. Just arrived in France..a Paname! On the way to Toulouse now. Just hope french custom won’t kill me!

#166 3 months ago

I don’t get it yet. Just arrived in France..a Paname! On the way to Toulouse now. Just hope french custom won’t kill me!

Oh I misunderstood. Merde!

#167 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks, appreciate it. This is just a really minor thing, there's no rush on it, just been putting it off. Gotten back in Warhammer mini painting and was interested in this wet palette that was developed in Paris: https://www.redgrassgames.com/everlasting-wet-palette/everlasting-wet-palette-painter/
But actually looking through their FAQ it seems like maybe it's actually shipping from Germany.
Tell you what, German customs seem like the slowest of all the places I send to. They like to hold onto stuff for a long time for whatever reason.

But no custom for out of EU shipping. I used to order from Germany (pinballcenter,..) and it always goes fast.

#168 3 months ago

Oh I misunderstood. Merde!

I had ordered from Comet in April and just received some days ago, 10 weeks of waiting!
So very happy the package is in France yet!

#169 3 months ago

Aurich speaker panel locked and loaded. Thank you!!!

20200714_010258 (resized).jpg
#170 3 months ago

If anyone wants mine PM me. Just looking for $200 plus actual shipping cost, CONUS only. Never installed.

#171 3 months ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

If anyone wants mine PM me. Just looking for $200 plus actual shipping cost, CONUS only. Never installed.

hawknole was looking for one after I sold out, shoot him a PM.

#172 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

hawknole was looking for one after I sold out, shoot him a PM.

Thanks Aurich and turbo20lbs still has his Shadow package available for sale

#173 3 months ago

i get it!

just wanna know some things (sorry sounds like stupid question):
- i peeled off the protection sheet in front. is there a protection sheet in the back to remove too?
- regarding the panel, my orginal one was stuck. do i stick this new one or do you advise me to remove the glue before and let it free?
thanks

#174 3 months ago

i get it!
- i peeled off the protection sheet in front. is there a protection sheet in the back to remove too?
- regarding the panel, my orginal one was stuck. do i stick this new one or do you advise me to remove the glue before and let it free?
thanks

so i read the paper sheet coming with
Two consequences:
- first i installed the new translite and panel speaker
- second, i put a "despe" in the fridge! (Alec, you are nice guy anyway)

#175 3 months ago

Sounds like you're all set, but just to make sure it's super clear, there's a protective layer on the front, but not on the back.

Here's the quick explanation for both things though: On the back is a diffuser layer that's bonded with the print to ensure it lights up super evenly. To be honest it's not 100% necessary, I've done it without them, but it leads to a higher quality product so I do it anyways.

But when that layer is bonded to the translite it can leave some fine scratches on the front. So first we put that protective layer over it to protect it during the process, and that's what you need to peel off. Helps keep it pristine during transit too.

Also, clearly it made it through customs just fine, that's great news!

#176 3 months ago

i get it!
thanks

It still made it to France before Canada!! Canada post sucks!!

#177 3 months ago

Anyone else still awaiting their package? I am up in Seattle and staring longingly at my empty porch still.

#178 3 months ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Anyone else still awaiting their package? I am up in Seattle and staring longingly at my empty porch still.

I'm still waiting....with baited breath.

Funny how someone in France receives it before us northerners. Lol

#179 3 months ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Really? That’s not encouraging. What’s your tracking say?

#180 3 months ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Really? That’s not encouraging. What’s your tracking say?

Found it!
"In transit, arriving late"

Sign of the times I guess. Still excited though, especially after seeing the tasty photos posted above!
Sorry to clog up the thread.
mike

#181 3 months ago
Quoted from bitternerd:

Found it!
"In transit, arriving late"
Sign of the times I guess. Still excited though, especially after seeing the tasty photos posted above!
Sorry to clog up the thread.
mike

No clog, I want to hear about anything that's not right. In general I've found the USPS service during the pandemic to be excellent, but bound to be hiccups right now.

#182 88 days ago

Uk checking in. Box arrived a little creased but it’s fine

Really pleased, great piece of work Aurich

62115833-3E8E-459D-BEF7-39908FF80A44 (resized).jpegF6763B68-5A24-4686-84E4-EC811B0ECB69 (resized).jpeg
#183 88 days ago

I still have one for sale if anyone is interested.

#184 88 days ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

I still have one for sale if anyone is interested.

People are still asking me about this, so someone just buy this one, save yourself a lot of waiting, no idea what will happen in the future!

#185 87 days ago

Turbo20lbs set is no longer available. Coming to me! My second Aurich alternate Shadow set. Now to find another machine.

#186 87 days ago
Quoted from Time4akshun:

Turbo20lbs set is no longer available. Coming to me! My second Aurich alternate Shadow set. Now to find another machine.

I ghetto beefed up the long ends, it's a lot stiffer/rigid now. Hoping it keeps it safer from bending.

IMG_20200726_203249 (resized).jpg
#188 84 days ago

Man, I missed out (And I don't have a Shadow), but what a great piece of art! Nice work!

1 week later
#189 77 days ago

Finally got mine!! I must be the last one to get it, lol

#190 77 days ago

Finally got mine!! I must be the last one to get it, lol

What...no pics???

#191 77 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What...no pics???

Working tonight....the wife just informed me it arrived.

#192 75 days ago

Man, pandemic really wrenching stuff, that's gotta be the longest shipping to Canada I've ever done. Glad it showed up.

#193 75 days ago

Tell us more about your metallica mod Aurich? I missed out on your hammer mod.

#194 75 days ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Tell us more about your metallica mod Aurich? I missed out on your hammer mod.

I never finished it, so I never showed anything. I spent a lot of time working on it, revised ideas a bunch of times, but just never got it over the finish line. I set it aside to work on Alien and then just kinda deflated on pinball stuff after that project turned into such an emotional swamp.

I still think it's a great idea that nobody has done, so it's still relevant, but I dunno what the plan is for it. Don't want to say I'll finish it and then never do it.

#195 75 days ago

Thanks aurich ! All I now need is the pin

IMG_20200807_1754323.jpg
1 week later
#196 65 days ago

if anyone has one let me know please

I'd love both, but actually only desperate for the speaker panel part. so if you have that please let me know.

Neil.

2 months later
#197 2 days ago

Also looking for one or both of these! Please let me know if you have one you’d be willing to sell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13.00
Playfields
Lermods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 197 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside