clif-preying-hands.jpg
IMG_20151021_220447042.jpg
roadcase-chop.jpg
IMG_20151020_012651929.jpg
image.jpeg
IMG_20151117_184155252.jpg
met-road.jpg
image_(resized).jpg
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

After looking at this again, the orange hand with CLIF on it seems way out of place to me. Am I the only one who thinks this?

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

After looking at this again, the orange hand with CLIF on it seems way out of place to me. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Hmm, just another sticker, but maybe because I didn't distress it like the others?

clif-preying-hands.jpgclif-preying-hands.jpg

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Very subtle.
Not in the cards, but nice try!
I'll try and get the files for this over to Joe today.

images.jpgimages.jpg

#54 8 years ago

I would be in for a LE for sure if u do one

#55 8 years ago

I would be in for a METLE also!

#56 8 years ago

If you were to do one for an AC/DC premium, I'd be in for that too!

My METLE & AC/DC premium speaker box areas just look so plain next to my KISS LE and even my Getaway for that matter.

#57 8 years ago

I'm in

#58 8 years ago

I added some subtle distressing to the the praying hands with CLIF and sent it to Joe. Once he has them ready I'll email the list.

I have no plans for any other games at this moment, but I'll keep METLE and and ACDC in mind, I do own them both.

#59 8 years ago

You should do LUCI Aurich.. we get a lot of requests for those as well.. I m outputting your files now..keep you guys posted

#60 8 years ago

Just got some initial test install photos from Joe.

IMG_4589.JPGIMG_4589.JPGIMG_4588.JPGIMG_4588.JPGIMG_4587.JPGIMG_4587.JPGIMG_4586.JPGIMG_4586.JPG

#61 8 years ago

That looks terrific. I think I am officially an Aurich fanboy

#62 8 years ago

Great job Aurich. Thats how the roadcase should've looked from the factory.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from Gort:

Great job Aurich. Thats how the roadcase should've looked from the factory.

Agreed, that skittle decal they put on the new roadcase run has to make you wonder if there is someone color blind making those decisions.

#64 8 years ago

You can thank centerflank, if he hadn't harassed me (in the most non douchey way of course) about making one I probably wouldn't have bothered. And since he's a jerk you can thank Trophy for liquoring me up instead.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can thank centerflank, if he hadn't harassed me (in the most non douchey way of course) about making one I probably wouldn't have bothered. And since he's a jerk you can thank Trophy for liquoring me up instead.

Once again I agree, specifically on the jerk comment.

#66 8 years ago

Dammit Aurich you are always coming up with great stuff. I currently have Matt from back alley creations painted flame speaker panel on my road case. Your design looks like it belongs on the machine. Thinking about buying a new blank panel and installing your decal. The design I have suits a pro or LE better so I'm sure I could sell it on pinside. One of these days I'll learn to let the dust settle before buying mods.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

One of these days I'll learn to let the dust settle before buying mods.

Haha, well it's not like I came out of the gate on this one, I was really only motivated after seeing the new Roadcase Premiums shipping with that horribly out of place speaker decal.

As soon as I hear from Joe that they're live in his store I'll email everyone on the list a link.

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Haha, well it's not like I came out of the gate on this one, I was really only motivated after seeing the new Roadcase Premiums shipping with that horribly out of place speaker decal.
As soon as I hear from Joe that they're live in his store I'll email everyone on the list a link.

Just checked the site. They are listed and ready for sale.

#69 8 years ago
Quoted from S3G:

Just checked the site. They are listed and ready for sale.

Joe just PM'd me. I only see the metal panel one right now though, so just waiting for confirmation from him about that.

#70 8 years ago

OK sorry here is whats up so far.

The new style Cabinet version aka Metal one \

We will have this available in magnet form and for the Older style wooden cabinets shortly.

Aurich did a great job .. and It l;oohs great in person..

Enjoy your turkey !!

'or if you are Rare Hero..your TOFU TURKEY .. love you Greg

best!
Joe

1 week later
#72 8 years ago

Wooden versions now avail at pin graffix. Ordered. Thanks Aurich

#73 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Wooden versions now avail at pin graffix. Ordered. Thanks Aurich

Oh thanks, missed that, I'm emailing everyone on the list the link if they're not following the thread.

2 weeks later
#74 8 years ago

Installed today and the game looks like it should have came with this. Great improvement. Thanks so much Aurich. My flame one is up for sale. Did not look right on my road case.

#75 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#77 8 years ago

I second (or third, or many more) the calls for AC/DC ones, particularly Luci-esque (which I have).

Would also be great to be able to replace the hideous centre apron card and 'hold for info' ones, especially with something along the lines of the red and black lightning bolts on the translite, and the red and yellow AC/DC logo.

I still can't get over how Stern shipped such horrifically ugly (and low DPI / print quality) stuff on either the standard machines or ones like the Luci. They literally look like they've been scanned using a circa 1998 combi printer, then printed onto kitchen paper. It's that washed out and grainy.

Would happily donate for the latter and pay for whatever the speaker panels cost.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I still can't get over how Stern shipped such horrifically ugly (and low DPI / print quality) stuff on either the standard machines or ones like the Luci. They literally look like they've been scanned using a circa 1998 combi printer, then printed onto kitchen paper. It's that washed out and grainy.

Yeah, I don't understand why Stern's prints are so low quality. It's not like in 2015 you're saving any real money by doing that, it's a mystery to me. Maybe it's in-house equipment that they don't want to upgrade. Their cabinet decals are nice and high rez now. But if you compare my (discontinued) Star Trek decals with theirs it's a pretty stark difference.

Regardless, I won't be doing anything else with band/brand logos on it for Stern games, they've made it clear that they can't allow that, and I'm respecting their wishes.

All my mods from here on out for their games will be original art, with no logos or anything that gets into legal problems. So unlikely to do any more translites for their games, I doubt many people will want one without the name of the game on it.

No worries, just means I'm exploring other areas of creativity. I have something else in the works for Metallica that's purely original art, I think people will dig it when I'm done. Still sorting out the technical details.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, I don't understand why Stern's prints are so low quality. It's not like in 2015 you're saving any real money by doing that, it's a mystery to me. Maybe it's in-house equipment that they don't want to upgrade. Their cabinet decals are nice and high rez now. But if you compare my (discontinued) Star Trek decals with theirs it's a pretty stark difference.
Regardless, I won't be doing anything else with band/brand logos on it for Stern games, they've made it clear that they can't allow that, and I'm respecting their wishes.
All my mods from here on out for their games will be original art, with no logos or anything that gets into legal problems. So unlikely to do any more translites for their games, I doubt many people will want one without the name of the game on it.
No worries, just means I'm exploring other areas of creativity. I have something else in the works for Metallica that's purely original art, I think people will dig it when I'm done. Still sorting out the technical details.

Mystery to me too ... maybe my combi-printer joke was nearer to the actual reality than I thougt.

Understood. Though the black and red colour scheme for Luci (minus logos) ought to be easy enough to fit the theme. If no-one does the speaker panels or puts out some replacements for the crappy apron art-cards (as opposed to apron game info cards which I'm replacing with your Helens), might get an artist friend to custom paint them ... though her time is rather more expensive than crowd sourcing.

1 month later
#80 8 years ago

Would like to buy one of the Magnetic Roadcase panels, they say out of stock at Pingraffix, and no email replies from them any else have one in stock to sell? Thanks!

#81 8 years ago

We have ours and looks absolutely awesome! Thanks Aurich.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from GGG:

Would like to buy one of the Magnetic Roadcase panels, they say out of stock at Pingraffix, and no email replies from them any else have one in stock to sell? Thanks!

Hmm, I thought they printed on demand? I dunno guys, I handed it off to them, so I can't really answer questions about it, but if there are issues I'm happy to look into it, I want these to be available to people if they want them.

#83 8 years ago

I noticed mine was wrinkling up a bit at the bottom so I ran a razor along the bottom edge to remove the excess, should be all good now.

Thanks again Aurich!

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Hmm, I thought they printed on demand? I dunno guys, I handed it off to them, so I can't really answer questions about it, but if there are issues I'm happy to look into it, I want these to be available to people if they want them.

They print on demand and you do have to order it. We waited for ours and it was well worth the wait!

#86 8 years ago

Hey Guys
We took these down for the moment because we have a brand new piece of machinery coming in that we bought specially to make these and other projects. We can still make one for you in the meantime. You can P M me or PinupGurl1975. We will be glad to take care of you.
Thanks
Joe

#87 8 years ago

And there you have it! Thanks Joe.

#88 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

And there you have it! Thanks Joe.

Aurich, where can I find ALL your mods? Do you keep a home-page?

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

You can find one of them here

IMG_20160102_203609199_(resized).jpgIMG_20160102_203609199_(resized).jpg

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I don't think he keeps stock . He makes them, sells them and moves on to the next project...

#91 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I don't. Honestly I'm just someone who likes doing projects for the community. I don't keep stock, and I don't have a web store or anything. I have a Metallica project that I haven't had time to finish because of Alien, but at some point it will be available and I'll probably just start a thread for it and that will be that.

I dunno, maybe I should get something better together, but that's work and time and hassle for something that's just a side deal for me.

#92 8 years ago

Just blow off Alien for a bit and send me that MEt prototype already!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,600 (OBO)
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 149.00
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-mod-interest-check-metallica-speaker-panel-decals/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.