A9984966-876C-4B8D-ADFE-55706BB65C7D (resized).jpeg
27F2BADD-1DA7-4220-9D0E-7188A83FE544 (resized).jpeg
8EF6B771-29CA-45C9-8EE4-7067871B268D (resized).jpeg
IMG_1782 (resized).JPG
IMG_1779 (resized).JPG
IMG_1780 (resized).JPG
IMG_1778 (resized).JPG
IMG_1776 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 1 year ago

Just when I am doing modding my #metallica-le , this is one mod I cannot say No to. Sent PM.

Really killer job and love the photos they really pop and show the craftmanship details.

#18 1 year ago

Man, these are coming along real nice and quick. Thanks for showing the updates.

You told us this was an iterative process. Would you be willing to provide insight to how many man hours it took to produce the templates your using right now?

Was it a pain to produce the 3D model file or ensuring the geometric shape is perfect to perform as intended?

This is coming from a software engineer who knows little about hardware, but am fascinated.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks! I haven't had a chance to get the other process photos and video together, will post more later. Decided to spend time packing boxes instead.
All orders will go out tomorrow. Last one I had backed out for now, and that's fine, I only got as far as printing the 3D armature. Anyone wants one at any point I'll just keep making them to order if that happens.
[quoted image]

Hell Yeah!! Cannot wait to get mine and see this sweet thing on my precious Metallica pinball machine. If I can be buried with this machine I would tell my wife to do so. Have to post a photo to show it off.

You know... A Metallica Topper would be awesome. The last mod I feel is needed for this bad boy.

#38 1 year ago

Okay Boys/Girls... Just got my Hammer in the mail in one piece and installed!! Phew!

Now, i'll upload my own photos. Aurich, What camera do you use to take those photos? Maybe you have added a nice external light source, but dang my basic lights suck.

IMG_4303 (resized).pngIMG_4303 (resized).png
#39 1 year ago

I'll take my post from the perspective of comparing what you already have to what Aurich is offering. Many complained the Hammer is too big, clunky, and looks unfinished as it looks like clay.

To my eyes Aurich listened and made what he has as Hammer v2.0. Sorry for the lighting issues.
Here are comparison shots side to side.

IMG_4309 (resized).pngIMG_4309 (resized).pngIMG_4310_Front (resized).pngIMG_4310_Front (resized).pngIMG_4311_bottom (resized).pngIMG_4311_bottom (resized).png
#40 1 year ago

Sorry that I did not take two camera shots at the same height, but I think this gives you an understanding of its scale.

This is a comparison from the Original Metallica Hammer to Aurich's Hammer.

Comparison (resized).PNGComparison (resized).PNG

#41 1 year ago

Finally, I uploaded a small video clip of me forcing the Hammer to lock a ball. I commend people who do demonstrations flawlessly.
I do not have a good setup and held my cell phone in one hand while trying to throw the darn pinball at the Hammer target.

Notice how much slimmer and easier it is to see the playfield behind the Hammer!!! That was the biggest complaint I've heard.

#42 1 year ago

Done with my assessment. Thanks Aurich picking this back up and allowing me to buy one for myself. Yes it's not cheap, but damn well worth it in my eyes...

Besides, I acquired my Metallica pinball during the last runs and Aurich's first Hammer was long gone by then.

Thank you sir!!!

#44 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Easy to install?

Coming from a guy who has not a lot of experience adding mods to pinball machines… This was easy.

Your Hammer fit snug and like your instructions and to find that alignment to add the nut/bolt.

This is not your fault, but I’d prefer a cleaner install… wished Stern had created a threaded end where the bolt is inserted into the shaft so you don’t need the nut to tighten it.

See the photo. The nut/bolt is more exposed there and a little too big.

Again… not your doing, but just adding a thought.

61CC8609-1153-4696-83D4-EF6F1B8D71FB (resized).jpeg61CC8609-1153-4696-83D4-EF6F1B8D71FB (resized).jpeg
#50 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I see a lot of game with the square block ,it has been a while but I do remember changing to a round ball making the mech perform better,just a observation.I know after years some things get forgotten.
[quoted image]

Cool... never knew about this, but I'm not one to tinker with my pinball machines as much. That would make perfect sense as in my small video clip there were some occasions when it should trigger hitting the coffin but did not.

Replacing with a ball would improve this....I'll look into this and that would make me happier when I complain why it was not registering the hit.

5 months later
#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Here's a few pics of #14 finished and in place. Lovin' this new hammer - and the crowning touch it has added to my personally prized Met!
Thanks Aurich!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Oh, nice touch... is that a Cherry finish? Oh, I see the previous post Aurich shared what you were thinking. Is that exactly what you did to get the finish you are showing in your photo?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zermeno68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aurich-metallica-hammer-version-2?tu=zermeno68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.